Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..
Found this lovely bit of info while researching some routes in North GA.

White truck pulls out in front of bike, goes 20 mph. Rider follows for a couple of miles. Rider then passes on a long straight after truck pulls to the right side of the lane. Gets pulled over a few miles later and ticketed for it.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146922

Thinking about how I would handle the situation armed with this knowledge. If it happens to me, I'll just pull a U turn (legally) and just take a different road. There are other good roads in this area, so no loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

xd posted:

Found this lovely bit of info while researching some routes in North GA.

White truck pulls out in front of bike, goes 20 mph. Rider follows for a couple of miles. Rider then passes on a long straight after truck pulls to the right side of the lane. Gets pulled over a few miles later and ticketed for it.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146922

Thinking about how I would handle the situation armed with this knowledge. If it happens to me, I'll just pull a U turn (legally) and just take a different road. There are other good roads in this area, so no loss.

That's pretty goddamn dumb, honestly. Seriously, they don't have anything better to do than use 2 officers to nab a guy passing over a double yellow when the truck pulls over to the side for him? At least in CA, we've got lane sharing, so as long as you pass in their lane (:downs:) you're legal by the law.

xd
Sep 28, 2001

BTW: Here's a map I came up with for North GA. I plan on trying it out tomorrow. The road where the white truck incident occurred is the first part of the route. I've done 60 and 129 before, but the rest will be new to me.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200987779107240981032.0004aaccbb49971901253&msa=0

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
He got pulled over by Union County. No surprise really, they literally have nothing better to do than to nail people for stupid poo poo. If you get closer to US129 you're dealing with Lumpkin County and Georgia State Patrol. Both them are fairly reasonable so long as you aren't riding/speeding like a retard.

xd posted:

BTW: Here's a map I came up with for North GA. I plan on trying it out tomorrow. The road where the white truck incident occurred is the first part of the route. I've done 60 and 129 before, but the rest will be new to me.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200987779107240981032.0004aaccbb49971901253&msa=0
You'll have a good time. 60 and 129 are definite staples. I usually like to hit Richard Russell (348) when I'm up there -- it's a really nice road, though they've been doing construction in some areas so there may be gravel in some places.

When my main riding buddy and I go up there we usually loop around and hit 129, Richard Russell, Wolf Pen Gap (180), and finish up on 60. I personally hate 180 though and I have no loving idea why he runs it. For future reference, if you haven't been up there, don't bother. It's an old, beat up, tight tight tight, winding road with elevation changes, tar snakes, gravel, potholes, and dropoffs. No thank you.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Gnaghi posted:

So filtering in thunderstorms is not considered over the top? I'm asking cause I did it this morning and it felt like I was crossing the line into stupid.

Then again you guys don't have people who try to block/kill you so I guess it's a little less risky over there. :sigh:

Flooding not thunderstorms. Thunderstorms are extremely rare in the UK actually. You pretty much get heavy rain MAYBE, and that's it.

I would say you have a lot less people who try to block/kill you. We're talking about car drivers, they still believe that anyone who isn't driving a car deserves death or dismemberment.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

-Inu- posted:

It's an old, beat up, tight tight tight, winding road with elevation changes, tar snakes, gravel, potholes, and dropoffs. No thank you.

This sounds like everything I want in life. A sumo completely changed my viewpoint from wanting nice, fast sweeping turns that you can take at good speed to wanting nothing but 25mph hairpins in which I can slide all around and wheelie out from.

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer

Gnaghi posted:

So filtering in thunderstorms is not considered over the top?

Saga posted:

Flooding not thunderstorms. Thunderstorms are extremely rare in the UK actually.

What Saga said. In this particular case, I only really filtered past standstill (or near as damnit) traffic at ~10mph. Doubt I'd get done for it over here. Filtering is awesome; I could live without it, but I'd rather not.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

polystyrus posted:

What Saga said. In this particular case, I only really filtered past standstill (or near as damnit) traffic at ~10mph. Doubt I'd get done for it over here. Filtering is awesome; I could live without it, but I'd rather not.

Looks like I'm swapping the CBR6 for a Tuono. So I will be able to wheelie past traffic at will while flipping the bird. In thunderstorms.

Should be an interesting experience. Don't we have someone on here with a Falco?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

-Inu- posted:

He got pulled over by Union County. No surprise really, they literally have nothing better to do than to nail people for stupid poo poo. If you get closer to US129 you're dealing with Lumpkin County and Georgia State Patrol. Both them are fairly reasonable so long as you aren't riding/speeding like a retard.
You'll have a good time. 60 and 129 are definite staples. I usually like to hit Richard Russell (348) when I'm up there -- it's a really nice road, though they've been doing construction in some areas so there may be gravel in some places.

When my main riding buddy and I go up there we usually loop around and hit 129, Richard Russell, Wolf Pen Gap (180), and finish up on 60. I personally hate 180 though and I have no loving idea why he runs it. For future reference, if you haven't been up there, don't bother. It's an old, beat up, tight tight tight, winding road with elevation changes, tar snakes, gravel, potholes, and dropoffs. No thank you.

Hey when you going up there next? I haven't been up that way in a while.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I have a Falco - I think Redscare used to until he got a Harley.

cluck1000
May 23, 2011

fo'rilla

Saga posted:

We're talking about car drivers, they still believe that anyone who isn't driving a car deserves death or dismemberment.

My boss is one of these. He doesn't know I have a motorcycle. It's kind of like being in the closet.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

n8r posted:

I have a Falco - I think Redscare used to until he got a Harley.

An excellent choice!

Have you uprated the battery?

Apparently this is done on the Tuono as the stock battery contributes to an exploding sprag clutch and great expense. Don't know if the Falco has the same issue as it may have more room in the chassis than the RSV/Tuono and thus space for a better battery, but if so any idea what the battery of choice is?

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

polystyrus posted:

Yeah, there is just no way I can sit in traffic anymore. When it backs up it's literally my favorite part of the day.

Kinda related, article from the HFL guy on riding everywhere. I love how whenever someone says go carless they're always in california. Way to play the game on easy mode.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
So HFL just posted this, and I read it, and thought it was awesome. Since TE Lawrence's writings are no longer in copyright, and it's HFL, I'm posting it here before it goes behind their paywall.

T. E. loving Lawrence posted:

The extravagance in which my surplus emotion expressed itself lay on the road. So long as roads were tarred blue and straight; not hedged; and empty and dry, so long I was rich.

Nightly I’d run up from the hangar, upon the last stroke of work, spurring my tired feet to be nimble. The very movement refreshed them, after the day-long restraint of service. In five minutes my bed would be down, ready for the night: in four more I was in breeches and puttees, pulling on my gauntlets as I walked over to my bike, which lived in a garage-hut, opposite. Its tyres never wanted air, its engine had a habit of starting at second kick: a good habit, for only by frantic plunges upon the starting pedal could my puny weight force the engine over the seven atmospheres of its compression.

Boanerges’ first glad roar at being alive again nightly jarred the huts of Cadet College into life. ‘There he goes, the noisy bugger,’ someone would say enviously in every flight. It is part of an airman’s profession to be knowing with engines: and a thoroughbred engine is our undying satisfaction. The camp wore the virtue of my Brough like a flower in its cap. Tonight Tug and Dusty came to the step of our hut to see me off. ‘Running down to Smoke, perhaps?’ jeered Dusty; hitting at my regular game of London and back for tea on fine Wednesday afternoons.

Boa is a top-gear machine, as sweet in that as most single-cylinders in middle. I chug lordlily past the guard-room and through the speed limit at no more than sixteen. Round the bend, past the farm, and the way straightens. Now for it. The engine’s final development is fifty-two horse-power. A miracle that all this docile strength waits behind one tiny lever for the pleasure of my hand.

Another bend: and I have the honour of one of England’ straightest and fastest roads. The burble of my exhaust unwound like a long cord behind me. Soon my speed snapped it, and I heard only the cry of the wind which my battering head split and fended aside. The cry rose with my speed to a shriek: while the air’s coldness streamed like two jets of iced water into my dissolving eyes. I screwed them to slits, and focused my sight two hundred yards ahead of me on the empty mosaic of the tar’s gravelled undulations.

Like arrows the tiny flies pricked my cheeks: and sometimes a heavier body, some house-fly or beetle, would crash into face or lips like a spent bullet. A glance at the speedometer: seventy-eight. Boanerges is warming up. I pull the throttle right open, on the top of the slope, and we swoop flying across the dip, and up-down up-down the switchback beyond: the weighty machine launching itself like a projectile with a whirr of wheels into the air at the take-off of each rise, to land lurchingly with such a snatch of the driving chain as jerks my spine like a rictus.

Once we so fled across the evening light, with the yellow sun on my left, when a huge shadow roared just overhead. A Bristol Fighter, from Whitewash Villas, our neighbour aerodrome, was banking sharply round. I checked speed an instant to wave: and the slip-stream of my impetus snapped my arm and elbow astern, like a raised flail. The pilot pointed down the road towards Lincoln. I sat hard in the saddle, folded back my ears and went away after him, like a dog after a hare. Quickly we drew abreast, as the impulse of his dive to my level exhausted itself.

The next mile of road was rough. I braced my feet into the rests, thrust with my arms, and clenched my knees on the tank till its rubber grips goggled under my thighs. Over the first pot-hole Boanerges screamed in surprise, its mud-guard bottoming with a yawp upon the tyre. Through the plunges of the next ten seconds I clung on, wedging my gloved hand in the throttle lever so that no bump should close it and spoil our speed. Then the bicycle wrenched sideways into three long ruts: it swayed dizzily, wagging its tail for thirty awful yards. Out came the clutch, the engine raced freely: Boa checked and straightened his head with a shake, as a Brough should.

The bad ground was passed and on the new road our flight became birdlike. My head was blown out with air so that my ears had failed and we seemed to whirl soundlessly between the sun-gilt stubble fields. I dared, on a rise, to slow imperceptibly and glance sideways into the sky. There the Bif was, two hundred yards and more back. Play with the fellow? Why not? I slowed to ninety: signalled with my hand for him to overtake. Slowed ten more: sat up. Over he rattled. His passenger, a helmeted and goggled grin, hung out of the cock-pit to pass me the ‘Up yer’ Raf randy greeting.

They were hoping I was a flash in the pan, giving them best. Open went my throttle again. Boa crept level, fifty feet below: held them: sailed ahead into the clean and lonely country. An approaching car pulled nearly into its ditch at the sight of our race. The Bif was zooming among the trees and telegraph poles, with my scurrying spot only eighty yards ahead. I gained though, gained steadily: was perhaps five miles an hour the faster. Down went my left hand to give the engine two extra dollops of oil, for fear that something was running hot: but an overhead Jap twin, super-tuned like this one, would carry on to the moon and back, unfaltering.

We drew near the settlement. A long mile before the first houses I closed down and coasted to the cross-roads by the hospital. Bif caught up, banked, climbed and turned for home, waving to me as long as he was in sight. Fourteen miles from camp, we are, here: and fifteen minutes since I left Tug and Dusty at the hut door.

I let in the clutch again, and eased Boanerges down the hill along the tram-lines through the dirty streets and up-hill to the aloof cathedral, where it stood in frigid perfection above the cowering close. No message of mercy in Lincoln. Our God is a jealous God: and man’s very best offering will fall disdainfully short of worthiness, in the sight of Saint Hugh and his angels.

Remigius, earthy old Remigius, looks with more charity on and Boanerges. I stabled the steel magnificence of strength and speed at his west door and went in: to find the organist practising something slow and rhythmical, like a multiplication table in notes on the organ. The fretted, unsatisfying and unsatisfied lace-work of choir screen and spandrels drank in the main sound. Its surplus spilled thoughtfully into my ears.

By then my belly had forgotten its lunch, my eyes smarted and streamed. Out again, to sluice my head under the White Hart’s yard-pump. A cup of real chocolate and a muffin at the teashop: and Boa and I took the Newark road for the last hour of daylight. He ambles at forty-five and when roaring his utmost, surpasses the hundred. A skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it is better than all the riding animals on earth, because of its logical extension of our faculties, and the hint, the provocation, to excess conferred by its honeyed untiring smoothness. Because Boa loves me, he gives me five more miles of speed than a stranger would get from him.

At Nottingham I added sausages from my wholesaler to the bacon which I’d bought at Lincoln: bacon so nicely sliced that each rasher meant a penny. The solid pannier-bags behind the saddle took all this and at my next stop a (farm) took also a felt-hammocked box of fifteen eggs. Home by Sleaford, our squalid, purse-proud, local village. Its butcher had six penn’orth of dripping ready for me. For months have I been making my evening round a marketing, twice a week, riding a hundred miles for the joy of it and picking up the best food cheapest, over half the country side.

— T. E. Lawrence

xd
Sep 28, 2001

Forgive the meandering, but I can't tell a story for poo poo.

Went up to ride my north GA route today. Fortunately, no white pickup pulled out in front of me. I did however have a nice chat with the police later.

The interstate I took home had backed up several miles from an accident (I later found out it was a motorcycle wreck) I got off the nearest on ramp (illegally) since I was roasting in my gear. Took it easy going the opposite way and saw two cruisers blocking the on ramp. Younger guy signaled me to pull over and hand him my license, which I did. Lady in front of me was arguing with the older guy, so I told the other guy "I'm not going to argue, what I did was wrong." After taking my gear off and getting a drink of water the younger guy handed my license back and said to be safe. Older guy came over and complimented me on my bike. He said to "keep it shiny" and to "watch out for cars cause they aren't looking for us". I thanked them both went home an alternate route.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Saga posted:

An excellent choice!

Have you uprated the battery?

Apparently this is done on the Tuono as the stock battery contributes to an exploding sprag clutch and great expense. Don't know if the Falco has the same issue as it may have more room in the chassis than the RSV/Tuono and thus space for a better battery, but if so any idea what the battery of choice is?

What gen Tuono are you dealing with? I was under the impression that the early Aprilias had issues with some of the wiring that charge the battery being undersized. Is this what you're talking about? I've never had any issues w/ charging or starting on my bike and I've got a battery that's two years old now I think.

I would not mess with anything until you actually see some evidence of charging issues or the battery being undercharged. I would also note that these bikes seem to prefer non synthetic 10/40 oil over the recommended oil. I use RotellaT 15-40 over what I had in the bike initially and it is much easier to find neutral now.

Edit:
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64758

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Coredump posted:

Hey when you going up there next? I haven't been up that way in a while.
I'm not sure really. I'm still having issues with the R6 getting bad vibration in the handlebars. Last time I was up there my frontend had a nice slide on Fort Mountain so I don't really trust the bike for any aggressive riding.

So, I guess as soon as I can afford to rebuild my forks! We'll have to head up there sometime though.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

So HFL just posted this, and I read it, and thought it was awesome. Since TE Lawrence's writings are no longer in copyright, and it's HFL, I'm posting it here before it goes behind their paywall.

TE Lawrence was an amazing writer, I highly recommend The Seven Pillars of Wisdom to anyone. Also, as you can tell from the story you posted, he rode a KLR650.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

n8r posted:

What gen Tuono are you dealing with? I was under the impression that the early Aprilias had issues with some of the wiring that charge the battery being undersized. Is this what you're talking about? I've never had any issues w/ charging or starting on my bike and I've got a battery that's two years old now I think.

I would not mess with anything until you actually see some evidence of charging issues or the battery being undercharged. I would also note that these bikes seem to prefer non synthetic 10/40 oil over the recommended oil. I use RotellaT 15-40 over what I had in the bike initially and it is much easier to find neutral now.

Edit:
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64758

It will be a "Fighter" or a 2004-2005 "R".

Supposedly according to the internets and MCN the stock battery on the RSV and Tuono doesn't have enough CCA and puts strain on the starter, leading to premature failures and very expensive fixes. So you're supposed to use a better battery - but then of course you either pay for something very expensive or have to know what larger form factor lead-acid battery will actually fit. But maybe it's the wiring you need to replace. I will have to dig up a decent Aprilia forum.

Thanks for the oil tip - unfortunately you can't get rotella over here. It doesn't even seem to exist under another Shell brand - if you look at their diesel oil specs they don't have anything cheap as poo poo with the same ratings.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Lithium bike batteries have dropped a lot in price lately, why not give one of them a go?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Team Lawrence.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Ola posted:

Team Lawrence.

Lissome, doe-eyed Arab boys for everyone!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goddammit, I come out to the bike today and find that the cover is pulled half off and that someone let their dog piss on my bike and cover (or pissed on it themselves). AGAIN.

WTF is wrong with people?

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Your bike is simply "in season". They can't help themselves, it's the pheremones.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Saga posted:

Your bike is simply "in season". They can't help themselves, it's the pheremones.

I don't understand, she's not leaking any fluids or anything.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Rainstorms invading Rochester, the nights turning quite cool. The beginning of the end, when the 8-month darkness spreads. I need to get out of here.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
I've been looking to sell my CBR and simultaneously Tuono-shopping, and wow, the used bike market is really terrible in the UK at the moment. Far more than the usual seasonal variations. From talking to dealers and monitoring ads/auctions, dealers just can't shift their stock and the range of used prices is huge. £1,000 spread on the Tuono, more like £1,500 if you include private sales. You can see this in the used prices too - so many people are setting starting prices on their auctions which don't get a single bid.

And you apparently now can't give away a CBR. Usually you're talking £100-£200 on a cheap bike out of season, but they're going for way, way below book and so many just aren't selling at all. Nearly mint machines are going for parts value/track bike money, which is just not normal.

Roll on the double-dip recession, if this is any indication.

On the plus side I'm buying as well as selling, so I should soon have myself a very cheap fire-breathing Italian wheelie machine.

I guess this is just my tip to UK goons - this seems like a great time to buy if you can waive a handful of cash at someone.

Saga fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 22, 2011

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't understand, she's not leaking any fluids or anything.

Invest in a cheap electric fence generator, hook it up to the frame when you park.

Here, plans to build it for yourself from an old M/C coil.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 22, 2011

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Its amazing how quickly you stop giving a poo poo about looks when you're walking around campus in full gear. I'm like the best kind of cartoon character.

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer
Just got my new tyres from eBay, and my new tubes from wemoto :-) For the price, it seemed silly to try to keep the old tubes, as I have no idea what condition they are in. (5 year old tyres, just time to change them, I guess.)

In my wemoto order they included a flyer for http://motorbikespecs.net
Seems like a pretty cool site, so I thought I'd share:

Motorbikespecs.net posted:

Welcome to Motorbikespecs. We’re compiling the world’s most comprehensive list of motorbike specifications, motorcycle data and service information, and making it freely available to everyone.
This site is evolving into an essential resource of fascinating facts and figures about a multitude of models for anyone interested in motorcycles. So please, take a look round now.
But, even better, you can help!If you know something that’s missing from our database, go ahead and enter your knowledge and share it with the world’s bikers. You can also upload pictures of your pride and joy to our pages.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

AncientTV posted:

Its amazing how quickly you stop giving a poo poo about looks when you're walking around campus in full gear. I'm like the best kind of cartoon character.

I thought that was the part of the point. I'm excited just to own something technically called "armor."

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

AncientTV posted:

I had to drop something off on campus for my room mate the other day. Had just returned from a nice ride in the mountains so I got to walk around campus in my leathers. Really is pretty fun.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

NitroSpazzz posted:

I had to drop something off on campus for my room mate the other day. Had just returned from a nice ride in the mountains so I got to walk around campus in my leathers. Really is pretty fun.

When I'm in plain clothes people don't give me a second look and will pretty much walk over me all day long. When I'm in full gear people seem to give me a wide berth, I've never even been bumped into in full gear. It's really weird, but awesome.

I guess everyone is afraid to piss off a power ranger....

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Am I the only one who leaves their gear at their bike because I don't want to draw attention to myself? Not to mention some angry driver might put a face to my gear.

I guess it helps that no one wears gear, here. I used to wear my gear/carry it with me, but when I realized that no one wears gear here, except for maybe a helmet, I just started leaving it. Haven't had a cheeky kid or anyone run off with it yet.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

nsaP posted:

Am I the only one who leaves their gear at their bike because I don't want to draw attention to myself? Not to mention some angry driver might put a face to my gear.

I guess it helps that no one wears gear, here. I used to wear my gear/carry it with me, but when I realized that no one wears gear here, except for maybe a helmet, I just started leaving it. Haven't had a cheeky kid or anyone run off with it yet.

If it's my usual commuting gear it stays with the bike unless I'm at work because I have a place to hang it. For errands and stuff I leave the suit on the bike and carry the helmet.

I case I mentioned above was different...one piece leathers. I either wear them around campus or walk around in compression shorts.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
You'll pick up more chicks in the shorts.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
I walk around in full gear when I'm parked. I'm always the most bad rear end shopper at the supermarket.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

makka-setan posted:

I walk around in full gear when I'm parked. I'm always the most bad rear end shopper at the supermarket.

Same, it is also cool because people will stop and talk bikes with me a lot. I really like to run my mouth....

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
The wife is a cop magnet. We were riding through our neighborhood on Saturday and pass a patrol car going the opposite direction. He starts up a light show and flips a bitch to pull us over tell the wife that her BMW's blinky flashy headlight modulator is illegal and only police cars can have them or its a $150 fine.

Turns out he's full of poo poo because there's a federal NHTSA law allowing modulator systems that conform to NHTSA regulation in all 50 states. The plan is to print the full text of the statute to keep in her tank bag.

Good looking out for everybody's safety, Everett PD. The modulator helps immensely with being seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
How many of you would be willing to die for your bike?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1416262/Court-refuses-trial-by-combat.html

quote:

A court has rejected a 60-year-old man's attempt to invoke the ancient right to trial by combat, rather than pay a £25 fine for a minor motoring offence.

Leon Humphreys remained adamant yesterday that his right to fight a champion nominated by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) was still valid under European human rights legislation. He said it would have been a "reasonable" way to settle the matter.

Magistrates sitting at Bury St Edmunds on Friday had disagreed and instead of accepting his offer to take on a clerk from Swansea with "samurai swords, Ghurka knives or heavy hammers", fined him £200 with £100 costs.

Humphreys, an unemployed mechanic, was taken to court after refusing to pay the original £25 fixed penalty for failing to notify the DVLA that his Suzuki motorcycle was off the road.

After entering a not guilty plea, he threw down his unconventional challenge. Humphreys, from Bury St Edmunds, said: "I was willing to fight a champion put up by the DVLA, but it would have been a fight to the death."