Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
ferrets are the opposite of chill, stink, and are terrible pets unless your other pets are assholes and need something to terrorize them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
ferrets loving steal your poo poo and hide it that's not a pet its an enemy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

ferrets are the opposite of chill, stink, and are terrible pets unless your other pets are assholes and need something to terrorize them

also they know what your essential items are and will hide them constantly

e: :arghfist:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what if you depaw them

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

duTrieux posted:

what if you depaw them

lol

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpM5MP9RMGY

adorable orange cat don't give a fuuuuck

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
i think my cattes gonna have a new friend sunday night...my mom facetimed me from her heighbors house and shes got a 10 week old fully black kitten who needs a new home and it was fuckin adorable bouncing around and poo poo. i havent committed to it but i have a feeling that if the catte is chill i'll probably take it back to my place. i always felt bad leaving for work or whatever and my catte would like circle around me meowing.

if i do, whats the proper procedure to introduce new kitte to current catte. current catte is bout 2 and a half years old. what should i do about the litterbox situation? there's not really any room to get a second one, i've had 2 cats years ago when i lived at home and they shared a box just fine.

ima get one of those kickin rad scratching posts with a cubby on top they can crawl in.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DOOMocrat posted:

adorable orange cat don't give a fuuuuck

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Zeph posted:

if i do, whats the proper procedure to introduce new kitte to current catte. current catte is bout 2 and a half years old. what should i do about the litterbox situation? there's not really any room to get a second one, i've had 2 cats years ago when i lived at home and they shared a box just fine.

ima get one of those kickin rad scratching posts with a cubby on top they can crawl in.

PI catte megathread read the first page http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3169030

oh here:

Eggplant Wizard posted:
When you bring a new cat into your household, both it and your other cats will probably be upset. You would be too if someone thrust a roommate on you. You can minimize the stress by making the introduction gradually.

Stage 0: Acceptance of terms
There will be lots of hissing. This does not mean you are doomed.

Stage 1: Seclusion
Keep the new cat separate from the other cat(s). Make sure it has all the necessities- food, water, litter, attention. Choose somewhere you can hang out with new cat and get to know it, but not your other cat's favorite hangout, either. The cats will all know the others are there, but this stage allows them to get comfortable with there being other scents around. Try switching out each cat's bedding so they can sniff at it. You might also try giving them their meals on either side of a closed door, so they associate food with the new cat's smell. You can switch the cats out to explore each other's areas and get used to scents & places that way, too.

This stage can last a couple of hours to a week or so. You will have to use your judgment on when to advance. If both cats seem comfortable and curious, rather than totally anxious, continue on.

Stage 2: Supervised introductions
Pretty much what it says. Let the cats meet. There will almost certainly be hissing and maybe even some swatting. It's okay to laugh when their tails puff up. You can let these introductions last as long as you like, depending on how the cats interact. The rule of thumb is not to separate them unless (a) you can't be present to supervise anymore or (b) violence erupts.

Violence is not swatting and hissing and puffing up, or even growling and yowling, necessarily. If blood is drawn or the yowls seem to indicate pain rather than aggression, then it's absolutely time to separate them and return to stage 1 for a while.

This stage might last as little as one or two meetings, or it could go on for weeks. If it drags beyond a week please ask and see if we can make some suggestions to make things go more smoothly.

Stage 3: Kitten piles
As the introductions go better and last longer without incident, you will feel comfortable leaving the cats alone, and from there they'll probably soon reach a level of toleration, if not immediate kitten piles. Kitten piles may never happen, honestly, and that's not your fault. If they do, great!

dee eight fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 20, 2011

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DOOMocrat posted:

adorable orange cat has bite!!!

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again

Zeph posted:

i think my cattes gonna have a new friend sunday night...my mom facetimed me from her heighbors house and shes got a 10 week old fully black kitten who needs a new home and it was fuckin adorable bouncing around and poo poo. i havent committed to it but i have a feeling that if the catte is chill i'll probably take it back to my place. i always felt bad leaving for work or whatever and my catte would like circle around me meowing.

woah this is my same exact situation.

i let my kitten chill in a saferoom for a few days to get the smell of my house on him/etc.

then i introduced him to my older cat, my older cat is like a gentle giant and just stared him down for a few minutes. he was really upset that night and threw up all over the place.
the next day my older cat went into the safe room and smelled my smaller cat

the day after that they got along better and played alot but they are still kind of weird around each other

also: kittens only have 2 speeds super playful and sleepy so be warned about that

they seem to be becoming bros as the days go on. kittens are super playful and annoy big cats sometimes when they just want to relax

toxicitysquared fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 20, 2011

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

pics

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Jo posted:

A caté.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
there is no relaxing for my 2 year old shes crazy.

so i ended up buying this just now http://www.amazon.com/Armarkat-Tree-Model-A5201-Beige/dp/B003BYQ13M/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1 based off the goon recommendations. i have a scratching post for her but come on, that thing looks like so much fun. if i was a cat i'd be all over that poo poo.

also, that automatic laser pointer thing in the PI thread that gyrates is freaking genius and hilarious. i mean, it takes the fun out of pointing the laser at my friends' crotches, but for lazy-time that's a great idea. it's cheap, maybe i'll get one some day.

also bought a new normal laser pointer. i broke my old one. i got a purple one for 10 bucks, never seen a purple one.

here's a question: since it'll be sunday afternoon when i meet the kitten, i can put the kitten in my room for a few hours but there's no way i'll be able to keep them apart for longer than that and i work on monday...is that a bad thing? would it be better to maybe wait until next saturday or something?

Zeph fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 20, 2011

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:

fork bomb posted:

pics

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Zeph posted:

here's a question: since it'll be sunday afternoon when i meet the kitten, i can put the kitten in my room for a few hours but there's no way i'll be able to keep them apart for longer than that and i work on monday...is that a bad thing? would it be better to maybe wait until next saturday or something?

you can keep the kittener separated in your room while you're at work

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

found some old photos of Ici chillin in my dad's suitcase

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

fork bomb posted:

found some old photos of Ici chillin in my dad's suitcase

lookit that catte

how's ici doing these days?

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

lookit that catte

how's ici doing these days?

she's doing better now that we're back home from vacation, thanks! she was fighting the insulin shots when my parents were pulling diabetic duty; since we've been home, she hasn't given us any trouble.

weirdest thing happened a couple nights ago, though. Ici went into the rabbit cage and pissed. She's never ever done anything like this before. She did it in plain sight of us (while the rabbit was in his cage, up on his shelf!), and it's not like she doesn't have a litter box. Idk what the hell to think.

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:
fuk u rabbit

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

but the rabbit is her ally against the new cat intruders

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

qirex posted:

It seems like the Russians are catching up to the Japanese in ridiculous cat video technology

in case you missed it in the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYvnIR8U8E

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i can't sleep so here's a funny video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mrEtabOLM

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i leik cattes. post sum here

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

fork bomb posted:

but the rabbit is her ally against the new cat intruders

i feel like teh rabbit gives no fucks about some fuckin cattes and is just like whatever

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

Jiggled Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9o9SfifhvA

just a quick vid of my kitten nothing special

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Deeds being a sleepy piece of poo poo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

NOG posted:

yes, that cat has similar markings to whatever creepy furry poo poo that other thing is

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOrupNUUVN4

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Dache
Dec 26, 2003

this happy little fella is steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSdNEmd2fk

"pette me, pette me, pette me YOU'RE NOT PETTING ME ENOUGH"

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

runtime 2:19

sat there screaming omg pet dat catte

PETTE DATTE CATTE

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Sneaking Mission posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
I forgot I had this video. This is pretty much what happens when I wake up most days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8QlikOSnLM

turn up your sound so you can hear the little murrs in there

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
good cat

mrbucket
Nov 11, 2004

aaag armrest

sup