Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GANDHITRON posted:

I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned, but Jensen sounds a lot like Timothy Olyphant who played Seth Bullock in Deadwood. I looked it up, and the actual actor is Elias Toufexis, so I guess I must be crazy or something, but I could've sworn it was Olyphant.

All throughout the leak, I could not help but be reminded of Seth Bullock, seething through gritted teeth.

Spoilers for the end of Deadwood's first season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Q3xS8ZVws

I don't know about that, but bringing Seth Bullock in to the Deus Ex world = :allears: Augment cowboy badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pallet Pusher
Nov 9, 2004
Played the leak on my Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz, 4gigs of RAM, with ATI 4850 on 1680x1050. Ran pretty decent on mid settings. Was quite impressed.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is there any known way for Europeans to be able to play the game the same day as Americans?

Can't wait that long. :smith:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

ufarn posted:

Is there any known way for Europeans to be able to play the game the same day as Americans?

Can't wait that long. :smith:

If you want to risk going through a VPN to pretend you're in the states to activate it and then shove Steam into offline mode until the game actually launches here, then yes.

I did this for Fallout: New Vegas and had no problems, but it's obviously an "at your own risk" sort of deal. Can't see Valve or the publisher caring because if you've preloaded it you've paid for it and they'll still count you as a day one sale for chart purposes.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've done that for several games, and I haven't run into any problems with Steam or Valve. I think Valve doesn't care about people bypassing region lock-outs, with the exception of retail boxes.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
You guys need to stop worrying. I played (some of) the leak on my laptop with a GT160M and 2gb RAM, and it was plenty fine. Barely looked different on my friend's GT560Ti.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The leak was supposedly missing tons of graphical enhancements though.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

The leak was supposedly missing tons of graphical enhancements though.

Hey, shut up. :colbert:

Kidding, but I'm sure I'll be able to run the game, and it will be pretty, and playable. All I hope is that the shaders, when completed, don't make everything look like a Bloom-fest of swimming light particles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a daylight screenshot on the DX:HR Steam store page, and it looks like the sun is sitting right on top of the earth. :/ To much bloom.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
In 2027, global warming's a bitch.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Harold Ramis Drugs posted:

God the new texture pack maxes DX 1 seem way more fresh. Instead of feeling like a game from 2001, it feels more like a game from 2005! (It's totally worth playing through DX again with the new textures if you have only played it vanilla before)

You got a link? All I'm finding on google are dead in the water projects that got so far as retexturing office phones and whatnot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

In 2027, global warming's a bitch.

They are still working on argumentation of the sun and earth.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

I said come in! posted:

They are still working on argumentation of the sun and earth.

No no, the sun is augmented in that pic. Duh.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

I said come in! posted:

There is a daylight screenshot on the DX:HR Steam store page, and it looks like the sun is sitting right on top of the earth. :/ To much bloom.

Unless that is a crate full of gold on fire, that bloom is a little bit too much. Hope you can adjust it. I'm getting flashbacks to Oblivion and all the people with bloom faces.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

AxeManiac posted:

Unless that is a crate full of gold on fire, that bloom is a little bit too much.

Considering the art design, this is a distinct possibility.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

HyperHopper posted:

Does anybody know what qualifies as "raising an alarm"?

In the leak it wasnt clear and that made the difference between smooth operator and the next bonus, but I never got what was actually counted as that.

Also, sadly, some people bought this just for silly reasons

You can just buy the in-game pack if you're only in it for the items. :3:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

You got a link? All I'm finding on google are dead in the water projects that got so far as retexturing office phones and whatnot.
New Vision came out just a couple of weeks ago and if you want you can use it with the other popular mods (HDTP, Shifter/Biomod, already comes with the fixer .exe I think). Personally I'm saving it for later, as difficult as that is. Visit the Deus Ex thread if you need more help, though you might want to hurry.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Speaking of which, in the first page there's this:

Tecman posted:

The official response to that has basically been "No plans for Modding Tools so far, but never say never, it could happen in the future."
Have there been any changes on that front?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doom Goon posted:

New Vision came out just a couple of weeks ago and if you want you can use it with the other popular mods (HDTP, Shifter/Biomod, already comes with the fixer .exe I think). Personally I'm saving it for later, as difficult as that is. Visit the Deus Ex thread if you need more help, though you might want to hurry.

Just finished my entire first playthrough of Deus Ex with this mod, and even I can say it's fantastic.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Pallet Pusher posted:

Played the leak on my Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz, 4gigs of RAM, with ATI 4850 on 1680x1050. Ran pretty decent on mid settings. Was quite impressed.

Hey, that's my PC specs. Good to know it will run it, though I'm going with PS3.

I'll get it again if modding tools do get released and probably upgrade the video card.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

If you want to risk going through a VPN to pretend you're in the states to activate it and then shove Steam into offline mode until the game actually launches here, then yes.

I did this for Fallout: New Vegas and had no problems, but it's obviously an "at your own risk" sort of deal. Can't see Valve or the publisher caring because if you've preloaded it you've paid for it and they'll still count you as a day one sale for chart purposes.
Will it still register achievements?

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

GANDHITRON posted:

I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned, but Jensen sounds a lot like Timothy Olyphant who played Seth Bullock in Deadwood.
Nah, all the angsty "I didn't ask for this" sounds a bit too much like Alex Mercer fron Prototype. He even has morphing hands!

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

NihilCredo posted:

Have there been any changes on that front?
Nope, still no final word on any potential mod tools. I hope it'll happen.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Goffer posted:

Nah, all the angsty "I didn't ask for this" sounds a bit too much like Alex Mercer fron Prototype. He even has morphing hands!

"I didn't ask for this!"

*kills everyone in new york with his bare hands*

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

I'm absolutely dying with Deus Ex fever right now. I'm on a MacBook Air without Windows, so I don't even have the option of playing the original game (I'd kill to do that right this second, even the most basic vanilla version). So I'm stuck watching videos and listening to my friend's rip of the soundtrack. :(

Just a few more days, Jarate. Just a few more days...

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

The Impulse keys are apparently available now, in case anybody hasn't checked recently. You can just take the key from Impulse and activate it in Steam to get your preload going.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

YOURFRIEND posted:

"I didn't ask for this!"

*kills everyone in new york with his bare hands*

I don't see how that's any different from human revolution.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Dr. Stab posted:

I don't see how that's any different from human revolution.

He never asked for this.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Doom Goon posted:

Cool, much appreciated :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't seen this posted here, and i've seen a lot of goons concerned that they won't be able to play at midnight on release. Well, no more reason to worry; http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1652551&postcount=1336

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Jarate posted:

I'm absolutely dying with Deus Ex fever right now. I'm on a MacBook Air without Windows, so I don't even have the option of playing the original game (I'd kill to do that right this second, even the most basic vanilla version). So I'm stuck watching videos and listening to my friend's rip of the soundtrack. :(

Just a few more days, Jarate. Just a few more days...

Deus Ex runs perfectly fine with Wine.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

I haven't seen this posted here, and i've seen a lot of goons concerned that they won't be able to play at midnight on release. Well, no more reason to worry; http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1652551&postcount=1336

00:00 pacific time doesn't count as a midnight release :mad:

x239marine
Jun 20, 2009

'Thank you, I'm here till Duke's Day!
Well after buggering about all day watching amazon.co.uk like a hawk for the augmented edition (PC of course) to be shown again for £25.00, it's just gone back up for £35.

So I went and pre-ordered from GAME for the same price and will now get a free comic as well :smug:

I cannot wait. 15 times I replayed the original, I actually logged every play through with pen and paper, stuff like what I did differently and how I distributed my stat points and so on, yes I was a nerdy kid, but my god, I was 'the' nerdy kid.

I used to tell everyone at school (I was about 12) what was happening in the game, literally I created a verbal playground LP, I had half the people in my year following it.

(also, how do we get a Human Revolution tag, my Serious Sam's club one mocks me as to the failed beast that DNF was)

x239marine fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 21, 2011

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Sam. posted:

Deus Ex runs perfectly fine with Wine.
I'm a bit too computer illiterate to know how to set up Wine... I tried sending you a PM, but you don't have PMs enabled. Any chance you could give (or point me to) a "how to play Deus Ex on Wine guide for dummies" sort of thing?

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Here is the wine app database page for it, with installation instructions underneath: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3775

Here's the wine wiki for Mac OS X: http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing

I used arch linux, so not sure how it would differ on a mac, but it works fine for me. Unfortunately, never was able to get the updated texture packs or renderers working though. :(

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 21, 2011

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

x239marine posted:

(also, how do we get a Human Revolution tag, my Serious Sam's club one mocks me as to the failed beast that DNF was)

Participate in the contest and get a free one.

Paper_Masochist
Oct 21, 2008

Dillweed posted:

The Impulse keys are apparently available now, in case anybody hasn't checked recently. You can just take the key from Impulse and activate it in Steam to get your preload going.

If anybody can't see them, you have to click on the impulse menu thingy and click on "show pre-release versions"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

00:00 pacific time doesn't count as a midnight release :mad:

It is in the Chosen Time Zone. Even living on the East coast I know this.

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
I just wanna say that I noticed the Bullock/Jensen similarity from the trailer and you all called me wrong. How you have all come crawling back. :colbert:

My cocksucker has been augmented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
my roommate brought this home from work tonight, just got done with the tutorial mission. if anyone has any questions about the game i'd be happy to oblige.

• Locked thread