Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I'm going to say D.

gently caress it. E. Then D.

gently caress, I want everything.

the JJ fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Voting D. Now that we've faced the clans with varying levels of tech it's time to see what it's like from the other side.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I'll take the mystery box.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Voting for D; I wanna see what happens when Goons gets their hands on Clantech.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
My reaction to that giant hunk of plot is somewhat akin to a dog who sees an entire garbage truck overturned in his front yard- he just wants to get down and ROLL IN IT until his entire body is covered in it. Reactions, in order:

-The Federated Combine marches one step closer, especially if the Combine is fatally weakened. This is a Good Thing. Voting Ian Minoru Kurita-Davion as the First Lord of the Star League, tia.

-I think Comstar hosed up, coach. They murdered the ability of the IS to coordinate any kind of effective defense near the border, and virtually guaranteed that the Clans will get at LEAST that far which puts them painfully near Tharkad and Luthien.

-Does... does Star Captain Cairn get to use a land-air protomech? :unsmith: Painted red? :shepface:

-Well, Clovis, I hope you have a backup plan, because you are not getting much support from the real Melissa Steiner. Or should I say Melissa Steiner-Marik...

-"Hissed like a Steel Viper in a balloon factory" indeed.

-Kell Hounds fighting for the Combine? :unsmith: squared. And the Return Of Barnes!

-Dusk and Caesar Steiner steadily corrupting the clans from within. Bittersweet for me, since I was and am pro-Viper, but... yet more :unsmith:.

-The Clans are going to go spare. I mean not just spare. They are going to go full Bursar. Completely Librarian-poo. The New Rim Worlds Republic? Ho-lee poo poo. You might not be able to CONVINCE the rest of the clans to stay in the homeworlds instead of just tearing rear end towards that section of the periphery and glassing every single world that claims to follow the heirs of the Usurper. Which, you know, I also support, because that would be pretty dramatic.

On the vote: None of the other choices are irrefutably compelling, and I want to get this option done before the rest of the dominoes start to fall. I do not want to be in the position of having to choose between "The Eridani Light Horse in a desperate urban defense of Luthien" and "Goonstar". I really do not. Therefore, I vote D: ???? and may Kerensky be with you all.

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Aug 21, 2011

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I vote D. It's time to pit Clantech vs. Goddamn Ninjas.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

W.T. Fits posted:

Voting for D; I wanna see what happens when Goons gets their hands on Clantech.

I concur. D) ???
I've been poking my way through Twilight of the Clans, so a certain Sho-sa has been on my mind as of late. Forget Clan-tech, I want to see what the goons do when they get their hands on some DEST commandos.

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
C: It's time to roll out the Dirty Dozen. If Takeshi Kurita can't see the value of the Ghost Warriors with words, then perhaps actions will suffice.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I want to see what is behind the ???-Door.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I'm going to put in a vote for A on this one. This NRWR seems intriguing, and I'd like to see it get a chance to shine, especially with the Goons at the helm.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Who knows, Stefan Amaris VII might actually be a good guy.

This timeline is full of surprises.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

D sounds like fun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Remember what happened the last time we opened a mystery box?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's not a mystery to Bobbin. :v:

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

SynthOrange posted:

Remember what happened the last time we opened a mystery box?

We got viking Mechs rampaging through Tharkad and burning down the sky?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We got redactamentals all up our redactholes.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

SynthOrange posted:

We got redactamentals all up our redactholes.

Oh, right. I guess my mind redacted that encounter because of the horrific, disturbing-in-a-vaguely-sexual-way results of that fight.

Even so, we're batting one-for-one when it comes to jamming a prybar in the mystery box and unleashing it. I say we take another chance... And I definitely say we burn down the sky again!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

My concern is that if we let a tough mission go unplayed too long, it gets harder. We might have won the first half of the Comstar missions if we'd done it sooner. Therefore, looking at the one that's already hard that we don't want to get harder, I say C) 4th Legion of Vega.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
Lets get our ER on
D

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I Believe D is outside the timeline anyway, it can be done at any point since it was a "reward" I am sticking with C though

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Preechr posted:

I vote D. It's time to pit Clantech vs. Goddamn Ninjas.

I can't argue with this. D.

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum
A A resurgent Rim World's Republic? Need to see what that's all about.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Gotta go with E here.

I loves me some Solaris.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

jng2058 posted:

My concern is that if we let a tough mission go unplayed too long, it gets harder. We might have won the first half of the Comstar missions if we'd done it sooner. Therefore, looking at the one that's already hard that we don't want to get harder, I say C) 4th Legion of Vega.

C) 4th Legion of Vega frankly that looks awesome.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

What if some of us like it hard? No fun unless the fight comes down to the last roll of a punch :colbert:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Pimpmust posted:

What if some of us like it hard? No fun unless the fight comes down to the last roll of a punch :colbert:

Are we still talking about Battletech?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

E. Solaris rules, and this is probably gonna be the last chance for it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Are we still talking about Battletech?

He meant to say kick. :v:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
E) Solaris

I just hope it's medium weight, so someone can get their head crushed by Fisher.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
A! New Rimworld Republic all the loving way!

Clans are going to go apeshit and its going to be glorious!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
D, for the mystery box.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Current vote count-
A)7
B)7
C)8
D)18
E)11

the JJ, I'm counting your vote as E.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Joining the vote for D, mystery box.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
D, mystery box, please.

I'm not quite understanding what the recent political updates mean. Does anyone have a short summary/explanation for what's going on, and what implications they have?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
voting for D goonstar

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D Give me the Mystery Box!

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Give me the mystery box, give me D

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

He meant to say kick. :v:

What if I meant both? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Tran posted:

I just hope it's medium weight, so someone can get their head crushed by Fisher.

Solaris doesn't really divide fights up by weight; you could pit a stinger against a Rifleman if you were suicidal to manipulate the odds. :ssh:

Edit: I am now experiencing Technical Difficulties. My copy of HeavyMetal Pro, which had previously run with only minor issues on Windows 7, has now decided that it does not want to open completely. I'm... at a loss, frankly, because it should be working just fine.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 21, 2011

• Locked thread