Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

Sir Tonk posted:

Speaking of old Datsun trucks, this one has a SKYLINE motor.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2479564818.html

God, I'd love to have this motor in my 510. This is an old FJ20, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

No cool Datsuns for sale in my area right now. Just a couple of guys relisting their horrible project cars that need way too much work and are asking way too much for them.

Really wish I could snag this bug tho! $1500 for a running 63 with a 40 horse motor? That thing could be true gold, if there isn't a lot of pan rust.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

SwashedBuckles posted:

Hey Sockington, DropShadow found something for you

Don't worry, I'll have an AWD 323 one day ;)

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Real gold?

Just another Volvo.

I thought this was pretty funny

Homemade RV potential, right here:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Awwwwww yeah...

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2544325349.html

Who the hell dumps $15k into a Cobalt? I do like that he helpfully listed the approximate price of each "MOD", and that he lists Stock Tint as a selling point.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975...15c85ccad#v4-39

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 18, 2011

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That is fantastic.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
A while ago I posted this:

[quote ="me"]
No pic in this one so I might as well just quote it:

03 nissan 350z - $73895 (moncks corner,sc) posted:

only 1 built in the nation
725 horsepower
37000 miles
alot to explain
call me at 843-899-4017
661-444-1570
661-444-5045
ask for gill or sam

For a $74k 03 350z with no picture, you have a shitload to explain... Which is what the ad is for.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be (besides a ripoff)? [/quote]

Which was tantalizingly sparse; if only because I wanted to see what could possibly make an 8 year old 350z worth $74. Well:

Turns out its about as underwhelming as I expected. Kinda cool? Yeah, I guess. [strikethrough]$73895[/strikethrough] $54795 dollars cool? No, of course not.

whose tuggin fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 29, 2011

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^
Holy poo poo.

I love the video with it, too:

http://youtu.be/B-JY94lmcPU

The music he plays... hahaha

e: "kenwood freezer".... that clearly says Sunbeam on it. Nice.

salt the fries! fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 20, 2011

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You need to buy it, turn it into a cod liver oil truck, play ice cream truck jingles and troll all the kids.

Do it.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Too far gone?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2556610160.html

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

coinstarpatrick
May 21, 2007

by T. Finn

Throatwarbler posted:

Badass festiva.

I don't think I would actually spend $2500 on this car, despite it being really cool. I think for $2500 you can buy a 16 second quarter mile stock car with more creature comforts and less question marks (oh yeah that suspension/engine etc from other cars put together by ?who?).

Edit: Just realized this is probably your car. Not going to edit my post but basically I'm a jerk off.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

coinstarpatrick posted:

I don't think I would actually spend $2500 on this car, despite it being really cool. I think for $2500 you can buy a 16 second quarter mile stock car with more creature comforts and less question marks (oh yeah that suspension/engine etc from other cars put together by ?who?).

Edit: Just realized this is probably your car. Not going to edit my post but basically I'm a jerk off.

How do you figure it was my car? I just saw it on a local forum.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010
Its a neat car and I'd consider it for $2500 if it was a BP-T. $2500 for a mid/high 15s BP swapped car...no.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

ITB status: still adorable :kiddo:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Throatwarbler posted:

Paging Oxbrain to this post

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I don't know why you'd expend all that effort for that standalone ECU and BP swap and not run a BPD which makes 180hp crank stock.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

DJ Commie posted:

I don't know why you'd expend all that effort for that standalone ECU and BP swap and not run a BPD which makes 180hp crank stock.

Probably because there are a couple million 1.8 BPs floating around and only a couple hundred BPDs, if I had to guess, most in japan.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Drove this car today:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/2543232625.html

It was loud and awesome. Well, the manual brake was discomfiting. It was weird to see a Spirit with almost no rust on it.

Lord Gaga posted:

Its a neat car and I'd consider it for $2500 if it was a BP-T. $2500 for a mid/high 15s BP swapped car...no.

Then buy mine. You'd have to come to MA to get it though.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
You have a turbo BP Festiva? Where do you guys get these cars? I've probably only seen a handful of them on the streets in real life but apparently half the people in this forum have them. :psyduck:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

You have a turbo BP Festiva? Where do you guys get these cars? I've probably only seen a handful of them on the streets in real life but apparently half the people in this forum have them. :psyduck:

There's this place MA where I've seen the craziest tuner cars listed on. There was a rotary-swapped AE86, the turbo BP Festiva, and some other thing I'm forgetting. I dunno how the community works up there, but they always put a smile on my face when I see ads from there in CL.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

kimbo305 posted:

There's this place MA where I've seen the craziest tuner cars listed on. There was a rotary-swapped AE86, the turbo BP Festiva, and some other thing I'm forgetting. I dunno how the community works up there, but they always put a smile on my face when I see ads from there in CL.

Not the same people probably but for sale in this area on CL I have seen an AE86 with a SR20 swap and an FD with a RB26. Not really crazy I guess but just weird. The dude with the RX7 has been trying to sell it for months

The Turbo Festiva was up in Fitchburg right ?

City17
Dec 3, 2006

Not nearly as ugly as you would imagine.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I kind of want it

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kimbo305 posted:

Drove this car today:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/2543232625.html

It was loud and awesome. Well, the manual brake was discomfiting. It was weird to see a Spirit with almost no rust on it.

Then buy mine. You'd have to come to MA to get it though.

Man, a 350? :gonk: The AMXs had a 304 stock! Should have got the bits from one of those, and stuck a 360 from a Cherokee in.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

rscott posted:

I kind of want it

I paid the same amount for my '98 Ranger.

I clearly bought the wrong vehicle.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

rscott posted:

I kind of want it

I really want it. A (kind of) truck for people who hate trucks but still want to carry poo poo from time to time.

Those wheels and bumpers got to go though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Raluek posted:

Man, a 350? :gonk: The AMXs had a 304 stock! Should have got the bits from one of those, and stuck a 360 from a Cherokee in.

Well if you don't really care about purity, there's not much cheaper going than a 350.

Nodoze posted:

The Turbo Festiva was up in Fitchburg right ?

Yeah. PO used it to embarass WRXes, etc.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Landshark posted:

Too bad Tanner didn't have one of these during the manure haul.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Piano posted:

Probably because there are a couple million 1.8 BPs floating around and only a couple hundred BPDs, if I had to guess, most in japan.

BPDs were in like 5+ models sold in Europe, Oceania, and Asia over quite a few years, they aren't uncommon. Unless you limit your options to that Protege in the junkyard down then road.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Black88GTA posted:

I really want it. A (kind of) truck for people who hate trucks but still want to carry poo poo from time to time.

I have one of those. It's called a minivan.

8X10 sheet of plywood will lay flat behind front row.

With a tarp and some creativity, you can haul dirt too! (don't actually do this)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny Nox posted:

I have one of those. It's called a minivan.

8X10 sheet of plywood will lay flat behind front row.

With a tarp and some creativity, you can haul dirt too! (don't actually do this)

I have a family member who decided to haul a load of landscaping stones in their mini-van because it was easier than renting a truck.

But then he had to slam on the breaks during the drive home.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Pickup things and move them around, big things for cheap. I would use this as a car lift for changing trannys.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
By "magic" we of course mean incestuous autoerotic asphyxiation.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I have a family member who decided to haul a load of landscaping stones in their mini-van because it was easier than renting a truck.

But then he had to slam on the breaks during the drive home.
I noticed you said "have" and not "had" so it probably wasn't that bad. :v:

There's a painter/decorator here who drives around with loads of bricks and full paintcans on the back seat of a late 90s Maxima.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Jonny Nox posted:

8X10 sheet of plywood
:crossarms: Surely you mean 4x8

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Nitrox posted:

:crossarms: Surely you mean 4x8

ha ha, I got my X-ray cassette sizes and plywood sizes mixed up.

never thought I'd ever say that.

Incidentally I can carry a 8X10 x-ray cassette in my van too!

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
What the gently caress does this mean? How much do you want for your goddamned car?

Not that I'd buy anything from a person who can't spell green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Holy poo poo. It's like he's schizophrenic or something and the sides of his brain are competing with each other.