Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Any of you guys good at editing meshes? The Desert Scorpion armor Naky linked has a great outfit, but I want to take the NCR Ranger armor off and replace it with a black shirt from another outfit from the same pack. Normally this would be a snap, but the shirt still has the sleeves attached and they clip through horribly.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Does anyone know what the mod was called that added a Nuka-Cola factory you could explore? I remember it being decently done, but I can't find it again. I believe it was part 1 of planned new areas to explore by the creator.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I started a playthrough where I kill everything and I tried out these amazing weapons in the armory called lightsabers and you all should too, here's a video of the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AdPRKEbcUc

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Cubemario posted:

I started a playthrough where I kill everything and I tried out these amazing weapons in the armory called lightsabers and you all should too, here's a video of the results.

What are you using that makes the people fall when you run into them?

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Sprint tackle is a Project Nevada feature.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Agnostalgia posted:

Sprint tackle is a Project Nevada feature.

It only works sometimes though, it is very inconsistent.

Edit: No, you get to pick from multiple colours.

Cubemario fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 21, 2011

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Cubemario posted:

Does the lightsaber color change depending on your karma?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Tracula posted:

Does the lightsaber color change depending on your karma?

While a neat idea, no. We're hoping to have red/blue sabers integrated into the leveled lists and balanced so they're not as overpowered as they are in the video, while the rest of the many colors stay exactly as overpowered fun as they should be. This will let the jedi/sith wannabes still have their balanced fun, but also be able to just blaze around the wasteland killing everything with the rest.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Naky posted:

While a neat idea, no. We're hoping to have red/blue sabers integrated into the leveled lists and balanced so they're not as overpowered as they are in the video, while the rest of the many colors stay exactly as overpowered fun as they should be. This will let the jedi/sith wannabes still have their balanced fun, but also be able to just blaze around the wasteland killing everything with the rest.

Oh well, that's kinda disappointing. I figured it did since the saber started off white and murdering all those people woulda dropped you into evil karma during the last third of the video and made it red.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Okay! I worked through all the pesky annoyances, and 'finished' the signature weapon mod!

If anybody wants give it a try, or at least tell me what a stupid idea it was, I've got it uploaded at http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43557.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah sorry, was not meaning to be misleading, I just simply changed weapons between the transition. Anyone who wants to try the lightsabers (and you should) can go grab the latest WIP build of the armory or wait until 2.5 is out.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I keep getting this weird error where my screen will suddenly start flashing purple and textures and models will refuse to load or turn into giant exclamation points even though they loaded just fine a few seconds earlier. I also can no longer load because it claims that all of my saves are corrupted and if I attempt to save it silently fails to do so. That's if I can even manage to get into the escape menu which I usually can't. For some reason it seems to be related to the More Perks mods. I have no idea why but when they're disabled the error never happens. I noticed that last time I tried adding some other perk pack on top of them it started flipping out a whole lot more. I really don't get it.

An example of what my game looks like when it happens.
If you'll notice it's not just the screen of the Readius that's purple but the entire screen has a purplish tint to it.

I took some other screenshots but apparently this is the only one that managed to be taken while all this was happening.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Strudel Man posted:

Yep, you're right - I just pieced that together a few moments ago myself by chopping up the script into smaller pieces.

I didn't realize I could do IsWeaponSkillType like that, though - do you know if that's valid with other commands that normally take references as well? Could I do, say, GetIsID WeapNV357RevolverUnique WepRef to check if the weapon in question is Lucky?

edit: Hm. It doesn't seem to like the IsWeaponSkillType "type" WepRef, either. Same problem. :/
Durp, sorry. I mistook IsWeaponSkillType for the NVSE function GetWeaponSkill, NVSE functions are the only ones that take base forms.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Is it even possible for a weapon to change its graphic mid-game? One thing that would be cool is if weapons would look more degraded as they were damaged (like Far Cry 2), but I don't think it's possible to have it apply a secondary texture like that.
Hm, the C-Finder uses a script to change its texture. Don't know how widely applicable or useful it is though.

Talkie Toaster fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Aug 21, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Naky posted:

Is it even possible for a weapon to change its graphic mid-game? One thing that would be cool is if weapons would look more degraded as they were damaged (like Far Cry 2), but I don't think it's possible to have it apply a secondary texture like that.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You could switch out the weapon on the fly with a same-y looking one which is more decayed when certain conditions are met but it wouldn't be smooth in any way.

A surfing dog?! posted:

It happens for the vanilla hair too though.

I know it's not supposed to line up correctly with some of the vanilla hairs, but the only hairs that don't clip through like that are the big ugly anime ones.

Yeah, that's sadly a problem. Most of lings haircuts are horrible anime hair that were badly ported from oblivion (to add insult to injury so to say) they fit better because the head is "oblivion-shaped". It wouldn't be impossible to make the vanilla hair fit to the head, but it'd be quite some work I'm honestly not willing to do right now as I have enough on my plate. Also you'd need two sets of hair, one that fit to the vanilla heads, one to the modified one. There are a few haircuts in lings that look ok and do fit to the head somewhat though, but yes, it's not perfect.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Stanfield
Oct 21, 2010
What's the name of the mod that merges NV and FO3? I remember stumbling across it from browsing this thread but I don't see it in the OP and gently caress sifting through 200+ pages

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Mr. Stanfield posted:

What's the name of the mod that merges NV and FO3? I remember stumbling across it from browsing this thread but I don't see it in the OP and gently caress sifting through 200+ pages

That would be "A Requiem for the Capital Wasteland." (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41480)

Be forewarned that the installation of this beastly mod will take a while, and a good chunk of hard drive space since you have to copy over the .bsa and esm files from a current FO3 installation.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
There used to be a mod that added a bunch of extra Gun Runner locations that all specialized in something - one in Sloan specialized in gun mods, I definitely remember. Does anybody still have it?

e: Nevermind, found it: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35206

It's pretty good, but it does break Boone's join quest as long as it's active.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 21, 2011

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money
Does anyone know why changing the Object Effect on a pair of glasses to that of the First Recon beret would make them float off to the side of my character's face? I just wanted +5 crit without having to wear that loving hat :(

edit: nevermind I'm just changing the object effect on the Lucky Shades instead. Derp

double edit: vvvv oh that's cool! Thanks man.

Dush fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 21, 2011

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Dush posted:

Does anyone know why changing the Object Effect on a pair of glasses to that of the First Recon beret would make them float off to the side of my character's face? I just wanted +5 crit without having to wear that loving hat :(

I don't know, but here's a mod that gives you a perk for the bonus (caveat: I've never tried it): http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40662

Mr. Stanfield
Oct 21, 2010

Vorgimmler posted:

That would be "A Requiem for the Capital Wasteland." (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41480)

Be forewarned that the installation of this beastly mod will take a while, and a good chunk of hard drive space since you have to copy over the .bsa and esm files from a current FO3 installation.

That's it, thanks. I've got an evening to spare :v:

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Capn Beeb posted:

Any of you guys good at editing meshes? The Desert Scorpion armor Naky linked has a great outfit, but I want to take the NCR Ranger armor off and replace it with a black shirt from another outfit from the same pack. Normally this would be a snap, but the shirt still has the sleeves attached and they clip through horribly.

Speaking of meshes, how do you take part of a different mesh and put in in another mesh in Nifskope? There's a cowboy outfit in the TG armor pack and I'm trying to make my own version of it. I want to take the cargo pants from the merc grunt outfit and use it to replace the jeans bell bottoms (yeah, bell bottoms) of the original outfit.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Is the "Visor Overlay" part of Project Nevada bugged or something? I loaded a saved game where I was wearing a hockey mask, and I thought the overlay was really intrusive and annoying, so I unchecked two different options relating to visors and helmets and now the black mask around the edges is still there even when I'm not wearing anything on my head. It's also slightly off-center now, which is even more awkward than it was before.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Tewratomeh posted:

Is the "Visor Overlay" part of Project Nevada bugged or something? I loaded a saved game where I was wearing a hockey mask, and I thought the overlay was really intrusive and annoying, so I unchecked two different options relating to visors and helmets and now the black mask around the edges is still there even when I'm not wearing anything on my head. It's also slightly off-center now, which is even more awkward than it was before.

I had that happen with glasses and even turning off the mod altogether. You have to re-enable it I think and take it off to get it to go away.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
How does Requiem for the Capital Wasteland handle some of the bigger mods, like FWE? I know the page says it will have more problems with these, but I'm wondering if any of you guys have tried it.

Edit: I just found a mod for Fallout 3 that make enemies react when someone around them is stealth killed and they see the body (Link). First, did anyone use this in F3 and, if so, what did you think? Second, did new Vegas address this issue, or could this mod be useful in it as well? I hate sniping at enemies just to watch them walk around like no one just got a bullet through the face.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 21, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trying to finding a mod that lets you un-equip your companions. I tried dressup.esp, but it didn't work at all. I doubt there is one that works with the Fallout 3 companions, but at least one that works for NV would be ideal.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Earlier I posted asking about a mod that adds in a Nuka-Cola factory to explore. Well I managed to dig it up and I recommend people try it out, it's decently well done and provides an interesting weapon. A F N V Part One:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42004

EDIT: Looks like this mod may be causing a crash issue for me. Guess it needs to be updated. Too bad.

ShiningForceHero fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 22, 2011

Spiral Architect
Jun 26, 2004

Rirse posted:

Trying to finding a mod that lets you un-equip your companions. I tried dressup.esp, but it didn't work at all. I doubt there is one that works with the Fallout 3 companions, but at least one that works for NV would be ideal.

I'm using CompanionDe-Equip.esp. I just don't remember the exact name it's listed under on Nexus, so I can't link it to you

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Alasyre posted:

Second, did new Vegas address this issue, or could this mod be useful in it as well? I hate sniping at enemies just to watch them walk around like no one just got a bullet through the face.

Project Nevada has a feature like that (in the rebalance component). I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it certainly makes the enemies more responsive to their buddies dying around them. However, I have no idea how PN works with Requiem of Capital Wasteland. Also, seeing as PN is a successor to FWE, FWE might also have a similar feature.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I Installed the MMM successor the other day but I see no changes in monster spawns?

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Police Automaton posted:

Yeah, that's sadly a problem. Most of lings haircuts are horrible anime hair that were badly ported from oblivion (to add insult to injury so to say) they fit better because the head is "oblivion-shaped". It wouldn't be impossible to make the vanilla hair fit to the head, but it'd be quite some work I'm honestly not willing to do right now as I have enough on my plate. Also you'd need two sets of hair, one that fit to the vanilla heads, one to the modified one. There are a few haircuts in lings that look ok and do fit to the head somewhat though, but yes, it's not perfect.

Would it be easier to just shift the scalp area on the head model, or would that be more work because of the facial morphs? I'm not too familiar with the process.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

A Lamer posted:

Would it be easier to just shift the scalp area on the head model, or would that be more work because of the facial morphs? I'm not too familiar with the process.

The latter as I understand it.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

A Lamer posted:

changing the head mesh in any way has a chance of working just fine or (more usual) completly screwing up facial expressions and every morph, which needs manipulation of the .tri and .egm file which is a horrible convulted file format and which only like two persons since oblivion ever really succeeded in. (with a hex editor, nonetheless)

Thats why there aren't thousands of mods in fallout which turn you into raccoons or horses or whatever is currently big in the furry realm. It's one thing to do a new body mesh, its a completly different beast to do a head mesh for this reason, well as long as you want your characters being able to blink and have facial expressions and a morphable head.

The biggest problem with this head mesh was that head meshes in oblivion are in a different position in relation to the body and and dont line up in the same place like fallout heads do, which makes headgear and hair not fit at all. (Thats why the logical choice in this mod was to move the head and stretch the neck) I'm no graphic artist and somebody really skilled could probably just build a head from the ground up and make the appropiate facial expressions, even without using a hex editor. (FaceGen is actually middleware and there are tools around to build new heads, there are a few games that use it, too) But somebody who's that skilled and owns the appropiate tools probably usually spends his time earning money with that skill and doesn't make game mods for free.

This might have sounded harsh but it really is a difficult thing to do. It's probably easier to change the hair meshes to fit to the head, as bethesda doesn't have morphable hair anymore anyways.

Also, so that all these :words: don't get too boring, here are a few (three) pictures showing off how weapons look with all the postprocessing fuckery I do. The weapons are of course out of Nakys great Armory mod (If anyone wants a 0 day release of The Armory, contact me for paypal details)

(I'm getting some crysis vibe from this picture)

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 21, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spiral Architect posted:

I'm using CompanionDe-Equip.esp. I just don't remember the exact name it's listed under on Nexus, so I can't link it to you

That works, now to figure out a way to extend this mod to the Fallout 3 companions.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Rirse posted:

That works, now to figure out a way to extend this mod to the Fallout 3 companions.
You could get a mod for Fallout 3 to do that. Basically, each companion has a unique clothing item and weapons that are marked as "nonplayable", which means the player can't access them. All these mods do is untick that one checkbox, making the equipment playable. So, for it to affect the Fallout 3 companions, it has to be a mod for those specific items from Fallout 3.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Police Automaton posted:

Oh okay. I just saw those screen shots other people had and they didn't look terrible and I couldn't find what hair they were using. I found one that kinda works so I should be fine if I don't look at it too much.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NotInventedHere posted:

You could get a mod for Fallout 3 to do that. Basically, each companion has a unique clothing item and weapons that are marked as "nonplayable", which means the player can't access them. All these mods do is untick that one checkbox, making the equipment playable. So, for it to affect the Fallout 3 companions, it has to be a mod for those specific items from Fallout 3.

That's a good idea. I could use the tutorial in the OP to port it over to New Vegas. Thank you.

[edit] Trying the method in the OP with Better Companions NonEss.esp (from Fallout 3), but Star Cross doesn't give me a option of removing her crappy Brotherhood armor still.

That and if I don't remove the TES part on the new file, it won't let me get pass the main menu, as it locks up on the NCR Ranger.

Actually the Requiem for a Capital Wasteland just lets me put it in without changing anything.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 22, 2011

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fat_Cow posted:

I Installed the MMM successor the other day but I see no changes in monster spawns?

The cells need to reset first, he recommends before installing it that you find an empty house(like Victor's) and wait three days.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Forget mannequins.. I think I'm just going to start my own prison. That way I can just kidnap assholes I don't like... and put them in cells or soemthing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Police Automaton posted:

:words:

What armor is that?