Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Wikipedia trustees continue their assault on our freedoms

quote:

The Board of Trustees has directed the Wikimedia Foundation to develop and implement a personal image hiding feature.
Its purpose is to enable readers to easily hide images on the Wikimedia projects that they do not wish to view, either when first viewing the image or ahead of time through individual preference settings. The feature is intended to benefit readers by offering them more choice, and to that end it will be made as user-friendly and simple as possible. We will also make it as easy as possible for editors to support.
The feature will be developed for, and implemented on, all projects. It will not permanently remove any images: it will only hide them from view on request. For its development, we have created a number of guiding principles, but trade-offs will need to be made throughout the development process. To aid the developers in making those trade-offs, we are asking you to help us assess the importance of each by taking part in this referendum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
everything on this page is fantastic
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Image_filter_referendum/en

quote:

Like the saying goes, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. If you don't see the potential problem in agreeing that others can set up an entire system of censorship infrastructure designed to restrict what you can see, and you think it's okay because you assume that having given them consent to build the thing on your behalf, that they're going to keep their word, and somehow resist political or legal attempts to wrest control of the switch, then I think that's startlingly naive. The only safe way to guarantee that politicians and lawyers and pressure groups aren't going to get control of that wonderful, tempting powerful switch is ... to not build the damned switch in the first place.

quote:

The Wikipedia I want to contribute to does not accept that any image is inherently offensive. It does not get into arguments about how much buttock is required to categorize a picture as sexual nudity. It does not implement religious superstitions in software. It does not accommodate readers who wish to experience a sanitized version of reality.

The Wikipedia I want to contribute to is unashamed to stand defiantly in opposition to any culture or system of belief that teaches that certain things may not be seen, or certain facts not known. It has a culture dedicated to telling the truth as wholly and neutrally as possible, without any bias of commission or of omission. It abhors any suggestion of censorship, or the creation of any mechanism that might someday support censorship.

I know I am not alone in this. I believe that the majority of people who are inspired and challenged to help build a free encyclopedia - on its way to becoming one of the great cultural landmarks of human history - are generally not to be found in favor of building any mechanism for restricting free access to ideas. This simply should not be built because it is a fundamental betrayal of the core values of the project.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

only prudes don't want to see boobs on every wikipedia page

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

maybe Radium could write some spoiler code for wiki

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i voted on "very important" on like every feature of that image hider thing just to spite the exhibitionist-spergs

also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callback_(computer_programming)#Example

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i voted on "very important" on like every feature of that image hider thing just to spite the exhibitionist-spergs

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

let's play "find the picture that doesn't belong" (sfw)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Picture_of_the_Year/2008

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

lmbo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
#11 tubgirl of the earth

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
what makes that dorothea lange photo from the great depression one of the best pictures of 2008

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bozart posted:

loving lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

those are some really rad pictures otherwise :shobon:

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

"there is no need to include images on parts of human anatomy when everyone can simply look at their own anatomy"

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

god loving dammit

a lot of these are sweet photos and then bam some human being whackoff fuel

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

is "Gladatorial Combat" like glee but with cockfighting

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fuckin lol

reminds me of how the page on "art" used to be

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hmmm, this picture is well composed and realistic. Lame.

:ssj:

oh much better now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

fuckin lol

reminds me of how the page on "art" used to be

best part about that was it was the guy who drew it and his friends trying to keep it in that collage

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

best part about that was it was the guy who drew it and his friends trying to keep it in that collage

lol i did not even know that, that makes it even better

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

whoah, is that the Shii from here

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i was kinda wondering that myself, totally would not surprise me if it was

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the guy who made that dumb drawing for the Art page is the same guy who made the anime picture in the nominated pictures page

here's a NSFW page that lists all of his 'contributions' to Wikimedia: NSFW LINK - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Niabot

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the guy who made that dumb drawing for the Art page is the same guy who made the anime picture in the nominated pictures page

here's a NSFW page that lists all of his 'contributions' to Wikimedia: NSFW LINK - [url]http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Niabot[/url]

I hate it when schoolgirls have bigger dicks than me :staredog:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
({{Information |Description ={{en|1=Fuwafuwa-chan (meaning ''fluffy'') in a sukumizu. Drawing was created with GIMP.}} {{de|1=Fuwafuwa-chan (in etwa ''flauschig'') in einem Sukumizu. Die Grafik wurde mit [[)

the best part of the gallery is the anime part of the collage hanging on a wall in hentai.png tho

reidscones
Apr 5, 2007

:snoop: deserve got nothin to do with it :snoop:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_Kyrgyzstan

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

video games set in uzbekistan

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

hehehehe

quote:

All right, now who's the wise guy who decided to put "Anus, which uses P2P Caching..."

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Trig Discipline posted:

hehehehe

aahahahahehehehehe

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
luigi get your baseball av back it was less gayer

thiscommercialsucks
Jun 13, 2009

by T. Mascis

wikipedia guy posted:

all we really need here is an image of a moderately hairy anus labeled "human anus."

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
that shii guy did nominate the ageism article for deletion so that's a +1

and then the author of the ageism article said it was a personal attack

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

got dat wmd posted:

and then the author of the ageism article said it was a personal attack

a literal child

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
as a tranny anti-adultist...

Adultism is a predisposition towards adults and a discrimination againist those who are not considered adults (whether they are or not). Ageism is discrimination based on age but you will almost always find it being used to refer to discrimination againist the elderly as opposed to the young. A similar argument would be advocating for the deletion of the article Antisemitism on the grounds that there is already a racism article that rarely even mentions antisemitism.-Rainbowofpeace (talk) 21:02, 9 August 2011 (UTC)

i say that hitler probs would have murdered the manchildren, much like the jews

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
sorry, disabled gay tranny jew

holy lol this person

"Once again you completely ignore everything I said. Adultism is not limited to who can be a pilot. Its about Compulsory Eduction based on age and not ability. Its about Curfew Laws and Child Abuse. And in a perfectly unadultist society people would be looked at by their ability to pass certain tests in general not by their age specifically. I still guarantee you that most people under 12 would fail to be able to fly a plane. However somepeople who are 15-19 might be able to."

fight against adultist oppression, make the airlines hire 15 year olds to fly 747s

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

got dat wmd posted:

sorry, disabled gay tranny jew

holy lol this person

"Once again you completely ignore everything I said. Adultism is not limited to who can be a pilot. Its about Compulsory Eduction based on age and not ability. Its about Curfew Laws and Child Abuse. And in a perfectly unadultist society people would be looked at by their ability to pass certain tests in general not by their age specifically. I still guarantee you that most people under 12 would fail to be able to fly a plane. However somepeople who are 15-19 might be able to."

fight against adultist oppression, make the airlines hire 15 year olds to fly 747s

THIS IS WHAT AGEISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
adultists. ageism is a real thing, adultism is something made up by another wikipedo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
articles for deletion is the best part about wikipedia

Don't delete the title — "Buck Naked" this would be a reasonable redirect to Nudity if the article doesn't deserve to exist. I have no opinions about keeping or deleting the other articles, and I have no opinion about whether or not "Buck Naked" should remain as an article about the present subject. Nyttend (talk) 01:44, 17 August 2011 (UTC)

this about the notability of self released barenaked ladies demo tapes