Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
There's a screencap of a few frames of a Batman comic I couldn't find earlier today. It's one about his parents being dead, but it's not the "MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEAAADDDD" bitchslap one. There's a girl, possibly in a wheelchair, talking to Batman about how every kid rebels against their parents when they're a teenager. Then Batman says something or looks menacing, and the girl pulls the biggest shock face. I'm sure someone here must know of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Revolt
Jul 10, 2008

Who in Fact "he" Is
I've been looking for an old youtube video of a little kid from the south, who plays Doom3 with his younger brother. I think it used to be called "Doom Kid" but whenever I try and find it there are too many others with that name. I think the clip starts with him saying "Sup? Playing some Doom 3... let's... rock."

Pinchy
Feb 15, 2004

Fishy deep sea businessman.
Does anyone have the old "A Thousend tigers apund ur head" MP3s from 06 or so? They are posted at the end of the first post here

http://thedailypos.org/forum/index.php?topic=1190.0

however the links are all dead and broken.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Engelbrecht posted:

This?

http://i.imgur.com/YHfes.jpg

Yup, thats the one. Thanks a lot.

Rimble
Jun 23, 2004
My brother brought up this book the other day and made me realize I'd really like to read it again. I'm guessing it's from 2006 or so. Fairly certain it was published by a Goon. I know chapters were available online. I was hooked and bought the book.

The book is about alternate reality. A bunch of young adults (college kids maybe) found some way to travel through time. They can insert themselves in, create history and then jump back out. I know one of them "created" Jesus using that method and they all think of it as funny. I think the plot was moving towards how to get one of them out of the creating of Earth's history because he was schizophrenic and ruining the world. Like he was a cult leader or maybe going with the Jesus/religious theme. There may have been a "higher" alternate reality of other people who could go into time above them. I think it was pools or some device they used to move in and out of the world. They were pretty much like gods.

This is vague but hopefully someone else has read this. I wish I knew who has my copy.

Bradley Headstone
Jul 4, 2008

I'm trying to find a webcomic, probably about 5 - 10 years old, limited series, there were maybe a dozen strips, fairly simple pen-line style, about a guy who wakes up hungover inside a video game, he's got a little sidekick bird creature who he constantly is rude to, there's some fight scenes, I think it ends with him back in his apt. doing bong hits, but I think the bird-thing goes back with him?

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
I remember hearing about and reading the famous SA found story, Destination Saturn, before I even really knew too much about this site, and now I want to find the thread it was originally in, but I don't know where to start. I have Archives Access. Also listening to the Desert Bus LP, there was apparently a version that was printable and fold able into a booklet along with an errata included, so if this can be found, that would be great.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pinchy posted:

Does anyone have the old "A Thousend tigers apund ur head" MP3s from 06 or so? They are posted at the end of the first post here

http://thedailypos.org/forum/index.php?topic=1190.0

however the links are all dead and broken.
https://rapidshare.com/files/442138932/i_put_a_thousend_tigers_apund_ur_head.zip

Tsietisin posted:

Yup, thats the one. Thanks a lot.
Go me!

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Was tooling around, and I found this -
http://anotherone0.tripod.com/SA_FAQ.htm

It links to "AnimeFreak's Timeline of History"
http://animefreak.arkaic.com/feature/somethingawful_timeline.html [dead link]

Anybody have it?

For additional SA history & context,
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SomethingAwful
http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Something_Awful
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php

I'd be curious to see an updated, comprehensive history of SA with a list of notable members, notable threads, goon projects (and the result), memes that originated or were popularized on SA, etc. Does one exist?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

chaff posted:

I'm trying to find a webcomic, probably about 5 - 10 years old, limited series, there were maybe a dozen strips, fairly simple pen-line style, about a guy who wakes up hungover inside a video game, he's got a little sidekick bird creature who he constantly is rude to, there's some fight scenes, I think it ends with him back in his apt. doing bong hits, but I think the bird-thing goes back with him?
Radical Boy.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I'm trying to find this old, lovely electronica/techno track from the 90s or early 2000s that a couple of my friends and I used to laugh and be confused at. It might have been Indonesian or something, if that makes sense. I can't remember the name, but it was like Uruk-Gatuk or something in that syllabic pattern. Extremely repetitious and didn't have any sort of recognizable western melody, it was very harsh to hear despite very clean production.

I know this is a balls-hard request, sorry.

edit: Found it!! Umek-Gatex. It's not as bad as I remember, but it's still pretty fuckin bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWlw362oZH0

Under the vegetable fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 18, 2011

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm trying to find this old, lovely electronica/techno track from the 90s or early 2000s that a couple of my friends and I used to laugh and be confused at. It might have been Indonesian or something, if that makes sense. I can't remember the name, but it was like Uruk-Gatuk or something in that syllabic pattern. Extremely repetitious and didn't have any sort of recognizable western melody, it was very harsh to hear despite very clean production.

I know this is a balls-hard request, sorry.

Long shot, but Tunak Tunak Tun? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAN7Ts0xBo

Pinchy
Feb 15, 2004

Fishy deep sea businessman.

You're on a roll man. Thanks!

Bradley Headstone
Jul 4, 2008

Action Jacktion posted:

Radical Boy.

Thanks! This was bugging me for weeks!

entitled duck
Jul 19, 2008

oh hello
So there was a music video for what I thought was moby but now I dont think so anymore, but along those lines. And in the music video was this really kind of.. weird awful dancing group it was almost comical but they became really popular and I think the artist who had them in their video had them in another. It was like people who didnt know how to dance trying to dance and allowing it to be filmed. And I recall the dance group being brought for one the artists songs at like the emmy awards or something and they did this big dramatic production which was weird to say the least.

It was something odd like The Family Dance Crew or something(that might not even be close) and I remember the lead dancer guy I suppose doing shout outs at the music festival talking about his group in a rather gay voice. It all ended rather abruptly for them after that I think.

Anyone have any idea what in the gently caress?

Also this was at least 10 years ago I think.

------------------
Found it
it was praise you by fatboy slim if that stirred anyone elses interests/memory.
And it was all a clever ruse how delightful!

entitled duck fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 19, 2011

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

skatanic posted:

I'm trying to find a Flash/Shockwave game that I used to play incessantly when I first found it.

I think it was called something like In The Woods and was a top down shooter set in a forest/jungle in which you had to navigate each level shooting naked dudes otherwise you'd get rear end-raped.

I can't find any trace of it online any more.

You're after escopeta.swf. Google tells me the game is here: http://www.toogames.eu/games/game-708.html

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
This was a pretty popular video a few years ago but I'm having a hard time finding it. After a new Smashing Pumpkins album came out (Zeitgeist I think) this video went up where this kid with a real heavy southern accent went off on how bad it was. Then he took it outside and stomped all over it and broke it up. While he was breaking it he kept saying "gently caress your sheeeit, Billy Corgan, gently caress your sheeeit". I've been trying to find it forever. Anyone know?

Nuuds P00dle
Jun 28, 2011

smash em crash em bash em:shroom:

Bruce Boxliker posted:

This was a pretty popular video a few years ago but I'm having a hard time finding it. After a new Smashing Pumpkins album came out (Zeitgeist I think) this video went up where this kid with a real heavy southern accent went off on how bad it was. Then he took it outside and stomped all over it and broke it up. While he was breaking it he kept saying "gently caress your sheeeit, Billy Corgan, gently caress your sheeeit". I've been trying to find it forever. Anyone know?

Is this what you were looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnVMf68utM&feature=channel_video_title

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Uglycat posted:

I'd be curious to see an updated, comprehensive history of SA with a list of notable members, notable threads, goon projects (and the result), memes that originated or were popularized on SA, etc. Does one exist?

There was a whole subforum for that in 2007 or 2008. Goon project that didn't go anywhere.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I really don't know why I want to find this, but I remember this flash video of these beans with naked human legs and arms and horrific, red-eyed faces dancing around? I thought it was the funniest thing in the known universe when I was in middle school or early high school. I think it also had a weather display on it for some reason? It was definitely Japanese.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 19, 2011

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Rimble posted:

My brother brought up this book the other day and made me realize I'd really like to read it again. I'm guessing it's from 2006 or so. Fairly certain it was published by a Goon. I know chapters were available online. I was hooked and bought the book.

Sounds awesome. Now I wanna read this too!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I really don't know why I want to find this, but I remember this flash video of these beans with naked human legs and arms and horrific, red-eyed faces dancing around? I thought it was the funniest thing in the known universe when I was in middle school or early high school. I think it also had a weather display on it for some reason? It was definitely Japanese.
http://dagobah.net/flash/F-libido-taisou.swf

I've no idea what the gently caress either!

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention
A couple years ago, there was an animated video (Flash video?) of this crazy trucker dude who is chasing a hot woman down a highway or something and then the hot woman becomes a gigantic titan and turns to fight the trucker but the trucker tries to suck her nipples? :iiam:

I would like to see this video again.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Amrosorma posted:

A couple years ago, there was an animated video (Flash video?) of this crazy trucker dude who is chasing a hot woman down a highway or something and then the hot woman becomes a gigantic titan and turns to fight the trucker but the trucker tries to suck her nipples? :iiam:

I would like to see this video again.

That'd be Trucker's Delight I think, here ya go.
:nws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w :nws:

Lt. Dans Legs fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 19, 2011

Morning Bell
Feb 23, 2006

Illegal Hen
There was a little flash game that was linked to in some old dating thread. I remember it's a choose-your-own-adventure style thing with MS-paint-ish art and starts with you at a party and a choice to approach an attractive, unattractive, or hipster girl, and goes from there. If you go with the hipster, she goes to mexico and ditches you in the end. Anyone know where I can find it?

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

That'd be Trucker's Delight I think, here ya go.
:nws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w :nws:

I want to say thank you, but I don't think that's the right word :staredog:

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
SO ANYWAY there was this totally Japanese-as-the-dickens flash video maybe like a BILLION years ago that was all those weird ASCII cats they like fighting and dancing and stuff to some techno music, all done in white on a blue background. Anyone have any idea the gently caress it was, or did I just have a stroke?

EDIT: HA, soon's I post I find the fucker.

http://512kb.net/flash5.htm

jfjnpxmy fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 20, 2011

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Amrosorma posted:

I want to say thank you, but I don't think that's the right word :staredog:

Your mind blocked a lot of it out the first time, eh?

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
I'm looking for a video posted within the last six months of two dogs indoors. One dog has a bone, so the other dog picks up a ball with it's mouth and tosses the ball, which causes the first dog to drop the bone.

The clever dog then takes over the bone while the distracted dog goes off camera to find the ball.

I searched Youtube and the cheezburger site but could not find it. I remember seeing the video but can't remember the source.

Lord Solitare
Feb 9, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Can someone help me find a music video?

It was Norwegian, I think. It started out with two fat guys face to face on either side of the screen singing something. After a line of them would go "Oooo" and then the other would do it the next time. I don't remember much about the video after that except I think that one of them was sitting in a chair while the other danced around him to some techno beats.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I've been trying to find a message board thread about making up names for sexual positions. I thought this thread happened on SomethingAwful, but I can't seem to find it. I did find a similar thread, but it didn't have the post I was looking for. The one I am looking for is where someone posted a position called "The Indie Band" (or something similar) which had a hilarious description involving telling the girl how this sex was going to be different and better than all the other sex she'd ever had, then proceeding to have lame vanilla sex and declaring it a triumph.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
not really "long" lost, but there was a thread awhile back about typing strings of whatever into google an being able to connect to unsecured webcams. I remember the thread got pretty popular, and we had a few favorites who loved the attention.

PLaSMaN
Apr 10, 2006
Stupid what !?

crazkylo posted:

not really "long" lost, but there was a thread awhile back about typing strings of whatever into google an being able to connect to unsecured webcams. I remember the thread got pretty popular, and we had a few favorites who loved the attention.

I saved one of the google searches used to find such cameras although i haven't checked it in a while, i know i took that URL from that very thread.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=inurl...lient=firefox-a

Good luck !

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

crazkylo posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3238852 was one, though I think there have been others.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I read a bizarre screenplay somebody once posted to their personal website called Lu and Sambo, or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love Slavery. The premise of the screenplay is that a mad scientist works in a secret laboratory in his antebellum southern plantation home, where he successfully develops a process of cryonically preserving living humans. He tests the procedure on the titular characters, a pair of slaves. For some reason everybody forgets about these frozen slaves in the basement, but flash forward to the modern day, and something occurs to thaw them out, I forget what, possibly they're found by a burglar. The rest of the screenplay is them trying to survive in contemporary America, and it was full of ham-fisted commentary on African-American culture, or at least what the screenwriter thought was wrong with it. It was offensive on many, many levels, but somehow I felt compelled to sit there and read the whole thing from start to finish. This may be attributable to all the methamphetamine I was on at the time, but I'd still like to read it again. The whole thing was written like it was going to be a very important piece of cinema, and that the auteur who bravely wrote and directed it would be lauded. From the guy's writing style and the cinematography suggested in it, he has a huge boner for Spike Lee and probably fantasizes about them being friends and hanging out together. I can find only the vaguest references to it on google, but it looks like it might have been written by a guy named Ryan Eure, who is apparently also some kind of cult leader. I assume the screenplay was eventually taken down due to the writer realizing it was a giant piece of racist poo poo and that the very few people who were reading it were laughing at it. I must read this script again. Find it for me and I'll do absolutely nothing for you.

edit: I don't know what year this was. Coulda been anytime between 1999-2003.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

About 5 years ago a mod here made a video and put it on youtube with cats set to a bizarre, almost haunting song. It was only up 12-24 hours then he deleted it on youtube because because too many people thought it was awesome and he made it to mock cat videos. Anybody else remember it or get a grab of it before it was taken down?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

keykey posted:

About 5 years ago a mod here made a video and put it on youtube with cats set to a bizarre, almost haunting song. It was only up 12-24 hours then he deleted it on youtube because because too many people thought it was awesome and he made it to mock cat videos. Anybody else remember it or get a grab of it before it was taken down?

You probably don't mean this, but you'll probably like it anyway.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Penguissimo posted:

You probably don't mean this, but you'll probably like it anyway.

:suspense: That's not it, but none the less was that god drat awesome! The one I'm thinking of, I think it was almost all in black and white and the music sounded like a much darker version of something Harry Belafonte would have sang.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.
Couple years back, there was this campaign for FPS that boasted with over one hundred fully customizable weapons from different time periods, and missions from like waterloo to modern day. Some zany time-travel, sweet gun customs and pretty good graphics for it's time. Website was in flash, like some old manor where you'd read different documents and watch videos, like some bureau. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMonk
Jan 4, 2004

Fear my creepy eyes.
I remember a thread where people posted old obituaries that were grotesque and unnecessarily explicit. If anyone knows about this, please let me know. The phrase "died horribly" was used quite a lot.

• Locked thread