Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Here is the second release of my hideout mod. You can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHITXBDV

Lombard Station fixes, etc. posted:

Lombard Station, Release 02

Installation:
Just put the 7zip file in your Data folder and extract it. If you prefer to use the Fallout Mod Manager, just use the package installer like any other mod.

Synopsis:
This mod adds a small player hideout in the hills above Goodsprings. Accessing it requires just a little work. Look under the barstool in Goodsprings to start the note-trail. In case you want to really blaze ahead, go to Jean Sky Diving southeast of Goodsprings, go inside the shack, and grab the key on the floor by the dead NCR private. While you're there take the dynamite from the dead Powder Gangers. You will need six to clear the cave-in. After that you'll see the Lombard Station marker on your map. Go there with the dynamite and clear the cave in. That's it!

Important Notes:
-The garbage bin in the kitchen will delete all of the items in it every 3 game days.

Update History
Lombard Station, Release 02

-Fixed the missing weapon wall and hook textures.
-Fixed the bug that made dynamite, absinthe, and 20ga shotgun shells movable.
-Reworked the Mannequin placement script so they won't randomly move from the pedestal.
-Changed the mannequin pedestal so the mannequins will no longer have a foot off the pedestal if holding a melee or fist weapon.
-Reworked the introduction mini-quest. It is no longer possible to get the key but not enable the map marker.
-Reworked the cave-in so you can't accidentally make it unclearable.
-Numerous typo corrections.
-Two very minor lighting corrections at the cave entrance.

Lombard Station, Release 01

Initial Release. Bugs abound.

Thanks a ton to everyone who told me about bugs. :) I've gotten most of them fixed and this release should be significantly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Alasyre posted:

What armor is that?

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36511 (the black one)

I went ahead and took a few pictures of The Armory's incredible guns:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Police Automaton posted:

Wow.

quote:

I have a request that I simply cannot withhold from posting anymore even though I'm almost unarguably positive as to what the response and answer to it will be. :( But throwing caution to the wind, here is my request/inquiry. So obviously totally disregarding the razor-thin possibility of its creation, is there any chance whatsoever that a MALE version of this insanely wicked erection-inducing outfit/armor? lol And could it be created using either the physical mesh components remolded and re-sized from this female version or to simply use this female version as a baseline reference to create a mimicked male version of it? Now I know all-too-well the enormously overwhelming amount of time, effort, and sheer man-hours it would take to create such a male-form-fitted version, hence why I hesitated and chose to not post this request/inquiry for such a long amount of time. But there is another detail and "motivational aspect" that I know without even a faint shadow of a doubt of. That guaranteed motivator simply being that it would make an insanely-sized rear end-LOAD of other Nexus users VERY VERY VERY "big-dopey-grinningly" happy. :D And the previously mentioned "insane size" would be absolutely biblical in size and scope regarding the amount of people here folks. lol ;)

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
So I beat Dead Money, but is there a way to get Underground Hideout to be compatible with it?
I have the latest UH. I see some compatibility mentioned, but it doesn't seem to be native and the main site for UH doesn't show it readily.

EDIT:
N/M. Found it on the nexus page for it. The don't list HH and DM patches on their website.

Machismo fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 22, 2011

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Wow.

Erection-inducing.

Thanks Police Automaton.

Did anyone ever make a mod that restores the animations doctors use when they're patching you up? Never realized how nice of a touch those were until now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm not going to even ask why Veronica jumped ten feet into the air and started floating there until I moved.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Omnicarus posted:

Here is the second release of my hideout mod. You can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHITXBDV

Thanks a ton to everyone who told me about bugs. :) I've gotten most of them fixed and this release should be significantly better.

Thanks for the update. Are there any plans for an autosort for crafting supplies similar to the Underground Hideout? It was nice to be able to just have all my power, shells, etc put into containers automatically.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Tracula posted:

Thanks for the update. Are there any plans for an autosort for crafting supplies similar to the Underground Hideout? It was nice to be able to just have all my power, shells, etc put into containers automatically.

Once all the major bugs and hiccups are sorted out (I hope they already are :ohdear:) I'm going to redo the crafting area to be friendlier to the user. Add auto-sorting and labelled boxes, etc. I'd also like to add a component press that will let you manufacture a small amount of cases, primers, powder, or lead a day of a chosen caliber depending on your repair skill, but that may come later.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Omnicarus posted:

Once all the major bugs and hiccups are sorted out (I hope they already are :ohdear:) I'm going to redo the crafting area to be friendlier to the user. Add auto-sorting and labelled boxes, etc. I'd also like to add a component press that will let you manufacture a small amount of cases, primers, powder, or lead a day of a chosen caliber depending on your repair skill, but that may come later.

By the way, we're content complete now, and I believe we've worked out another way to remove the weapons we're removing for quality reasons without actually deleting them though they will be 'unsupported', i.e. we won't care about their balance, their bugs, etc. I'm not sure if you've started on the optional yet, but our latest WIP tonight will have everything in it content wise.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Police Automaton posted:

This last one reminds me how pumped I am for DX:HR. Nice screens.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

fennesz posted:

This last one reminds me how pumped I am for DX:HR. Nice screens.

They're incredible screens. He's always showing us his progress in the channel and it's mindblowing. I can't wait until he's happy enough with it to release.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah Police has been showing some great stuff. Just be warned that it may be taxing on performance, some of his earlier attempts killed my performance and I run a 5770 (which is not a bad card). His newer work (as seen in the screens) may be less taxing, also not all the guns in the armory will look that good. His effects on the guns work best with the better looking weapons in the armory, may not get desired results with every gun.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Strudel Man posted:

Okay! I worked through all the pesky annoyances, and 'finished' the signature weapon mod!

If anybody wants give it a try, or at least tell me what a stupid idea it was, I've got it uploaded at http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43557.

I've got a couple of levels on Hunting Rifle now. Its really helped me eke out a few extra APs to get in 1 more shot since Hunting rifle is AP heavy. I wanted to make sure I get a few levels before taking on Cottonwood grove so I can get a level of penetrating since those fuckers are so tough.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

OgNar posted:

I've got a couple of levels on Hunting Rifle now. Its really helped me eke out a few extra APs to get in 1 more shot since Hunting rifle is AP heavy. I wanted to make sure I get a few levels before taking on Cottonwood grove so I can get a level of penetrating since those fuckers are so tough.
Great! I'm actually a little uncertain about the Rapid ability...I originally slated it to halve AP cost at level 3, and then I reconsidered, dropping it to only about a third off...and now I'm thinking that maybe the halving might be better. More in keeping with the power level of the other tracks. I don't know.

Oh, and I don't know if you have the most recent version, but I uploaded a 1.1 earlier today. Nothing too dramatic, mostly just adding options to toggle the equip/unequip messages, adjust the number of kills required to level, or toggle the XP penalty.

Snake Charmer
Aug 8, 2004

Police Automaton posted:

I went ahead and took a few pictures of The Armory's incredible guns:

What Armory?! very much do want these guns

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Great! I'm actually a little uncertain about the Rapid ability...I originally slated it to halve AP cost at level 3, and then I reconsidered, dropping it to only about a third off...and now I'm thinking that maybe the halving might be better. More in keeping with the power level of the other tracks. I don't know.

Oh, and I don't know if you have the most recent version, but I uploaded a 1.1 earlier today. Nothing too dramatic, mostly just adding options to toggle the equip/unequip messages, adjust the number of kills required to level, or toggle the XP penalty.
Will updating to 1.1 affect the weapons upgraded with the previous build? I've already got a bunch of levels in one gun (it never occurred to me just how much poo poo you kill if you spend even an hour or two exploring the OWB map) and I'd hate to lose those upgrades.

Good work on the mod, BTW! It's nice being able to stick to an early low-power gun because you like the feel and look of without having to worry that its stats will prevent you from actually killing anything once you start hitting level 25+.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Horns posted:

Will updating to 1.1 affect the weapons upgraded with the previous build? I've already got a bunch of levels in one gun (it never occurred to me just how much poo poo you kill if you spend even an hour or two exploring the OWB map) and I'd hate to lose those upgrades.
Most certainly not. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to avoid breaking saves like that, the way it's programmed.

quote:

Good work on the mod, BTW! It's nice being able to stick to an early low-power gun because you like the feel and look of without having to worry that its stats will prevent you from actually killing anything once you start hitting level 25+.
Thanks! That was what I was going for.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Most certainly not. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to avoid breaking saves like that, the way it's programmed.

Thanks! That was what I was going for.
Cool, good to know. I didn't think it would erase the upgrades, but better safe than sorry.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Snake Charmer posted:

What Armory?! very much do want these guns

Naky's pet project, "The Armory". I have it listed in the OP. Check it out.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Looks like New Vegas Interiors was released (by the actual guy that did the FO3 mod)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1223320-relz-nvinteriors-project/

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Looks like New Vegas Interiors was released (by the actual guy that did the FO3 mod)

loving sweet. DC Interiors was fantastic.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Gyshall posted:

Awesome, he even has a world of pain compatible version, thanks for this.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Police Automaton posted:

Just what you need to show off your mod. A huge headed child(?) character with a clipping baseball cap.

Aren't those models ripped from RE4?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Carecat posted:

Just what you need to show off your mod. A huge headed child(?) character with a clipping baseball cap.

Yes but you see Nexus.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Carecat posted:

Yeah the pictures from the author are actually a bit creepy but the clothing looks pretty normal and well on normal characters. There aren't many outfits like this around, sadly. Another good one is this one: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39972 if you're not of the MY IMMERSION persuasion and don't mind the swedish flag. There are literally no outfits like that around for male characters, even though I don't think it'd be very hard to alter these to make them fit on male bodies, if the meshes aren't extremely bizarre shaped or something.

Also I think literally 90% of the actual good looking stuff is from some game, there is next to no good looking, original content. The Nexus is really random on which people get banned and which get not for breaking copyrights no one cares about to begin with. Apparently the author who made that swedish outfit got banned for saying something bad about some pedophile anime mod or something, which actually prevents you from taking your mod down or modifying it in any way, which I find pretty.. odd. This is also one of the reasons the Head06 and the effects shader and the upcoming modified project reality will never be on the nexus, I just don't wanna bother with permissions and all that other retarded stuff. (Even though at least the Head06 downloads here like hotcakes)

It's actually a very microcosmic approximation of what happens in real life in some industries because of copyrights gone mad. People sit on their inventions and no one can fork and develop on top of them to make something better, basically stopping progress while some people keep padding on each others backs in a huge circlejerk of upvotes.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 22, 2011

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay, I've run into a problem. I have NV, with the OWB and HH dlc. I downloaded the conelrad mod, more perks, perks every level, and the extended NV radio. Now the game crashes on launch, and I have no idea why. It doesn't even say why it stops working!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

From what I can tell you don't even have to be copying stuff. If you create original content that is somewhat close to some sperglord's stuff, you'll probably be banned. One of my original housing mods that I made back when New Vegas was originally released was done from scratch by me from the ground up and I still got in trouble for stealing scripts.:psyduck: Not even going to bother posting my latest one there. It steals poo poo from everywhere.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Bash Ironfist posted:

Okay, I've run into a problem. I have NV, with the OWB and HH dlc. I downloaded the conelrad mod, more perks, perks every level, and the extended NV radio. Now the game crashes on launch, and I have no idea why. It doesn't even say why it stops working!

Disable More Perks and try again. Use the Verify game files option in Steam if that doesn't fix it.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Disable More Perks and try again. Use the Verify game files option in Steam if that doesn't fix it.

Tried that, didn't work. I'll try verifying game files. If that doesn't work, I'll remove all the mods and try re-adding them one by one to see whats going on.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Bash Ironfist posted:

Your load order's messed up. Make sure that none of your mods are dependent on any other files that are loaded after them.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Male Man posted:

Your load order's messed up. Make sure that none of your mods are dependent on any other files that are loaded after them.

okay, how do I figure that out? here's an image of my load order, if that helps:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Bash Ironfist posted:

okay, how do I figure that out?

Well, use the autosort function in FOMM. If it's a load order issue the manager will take care of that for you.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Well, use the autosort function in FOMM. If it's a load order issue the manager will take care of that for you.

I've tried that too, still doesn't work!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You can also run FENV in the OP and while it's loading your mods it will tell you which one it errors out on (if it's a load order issue that is).

[e]I would probably try to disable extended radio (make sure you de-activate the mod in the package manager as well) and see if you can launch.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nevets posted:

Then gaze into the abyss, my friend!

Looks like an 11 year old found mommy's makeup box & relaxation pills.

Found this one while looking at the poster's other mods, which are actually useful (and SFW):

Color Pipboy Map with optional snowglobe/skill book spoilers.

Clean Pip Boy Screen which removes scanlines and/or glare.

Hahaha someone totally set the makeup shotgun to whore while making this mod :staredog:

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Heti posted:

Awesome, he even has a world of pain compatible version
Not that anyone will be needing that.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Rascyc posted:

You can also run FENV in the OP and while it's loading your mods it will tell you which one it errors out on (if it's a load order issue that is).

[e]I would probably try to disable extended radio (make sure you de-activate the mod in the package manager as well) and see if you can launch.

okay so its not the extended radio. The FENV said something about an error trying to find Dead Money. Thing is I don't have DM. :confused:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Bash Ironfist posted:

okay so its not the extended radio. The FENV said something about an error trying to find Dead Money. Thing is I don't have DM. :confused:

One of your mods probably has it an a dependent then by accident, oversight, or outright incompetence. It's hard to tell which when dealing with Nexus mods.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Not that anyone will be needing that.

Not a fan?

Are most people not a fan? I'm new to the thread but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like it. I have the mod installed and I'm not really sure how I feel about it either. On one hand, it's kinda cool to have some really tough locations in the wastes to blast your way through while swimming in ridiculous amounts of loot. On the other, I hate all of these lame rear end enemies that are just super-buffed out versions of enemies already in the game, and most of the locations added are either needlessly linear or needlessly confusing.

I'm content with the mod enough to keep it in my load order and I don't think I'll take it out, after all you don't have to explore the new places if you don't want to, but I'm enjoying the Bounties questlines a lot more when it comes to substantial modded content being added to the game.

e: I did find something sort of interesting that was added through AWOP and that's a little house near Freeside called The Immortal's Shack. In stark contrast to the other zones the mod adds, this one is just a really well-furnished house with a shitload of food and drugs in it. I guess some crazy motherfuckers from an alternate dimension live there. It's all pretty bizarre, but it was neat to find something like that in a mod that normally just throws Legendary Fire Ant Warriors at you around every turn.

Perpetual Ascent fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Has anyone checked out Vault 24? http://www.moddb.com/mods/vault-24

A full sized, 1,000 person vault. Ambitious, but it's actually coming along really well.