Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Naky posted:

One of your mods probably has it an a dependent then by accident, oversight, or outright incompetence. It's hard to tell which when dealing with Nexus mods.

Ugh, that sucks. I've been trying to update FOMM, but it crashes after it updates :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Police Automaton posted:

Yeah the pictures from the author are actually a bit creepy but the clothing looks pretty normal and well on normal characters. There aren't many outfits like this around, sadly. Another good one is this one: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39972 if you're not of the MY IMMERSION persuasion and don't mind the swedish flag. There are literally no outfits like that around for male characters, even though I don't think it'd be very hard to alter these to make them fit on male bodies, if the meshes aren't extremely bizarre shaped or something.

Also I think literally 90% of the actual good looking stuff is from some game, there is next to no good looking, original content. The Nexus is really random on which people get banned and which get not for breaking copyrights no one cares about to begin with. Apparently the author who made that swedish outfit got banned for saying something bad about some pedophile anime mod or something, which actually prevents you from taking your mod down or modifying it in any way, which I find pretty.. odd. This is also one of the reasons the Head06 and the effects shader and the upcoming modified project reality will never be on the nexus, I just don't wanna bother with permissions and all that other retarded stuff. (Even though at least the Head06 downloads here like hotcakes)

It's actually a very microcosmic approximation of what happens in real life in some industries because of copyrights gone mad. People sit on their inventions and no one can fork and develop on top of them to make something better, basically stopping progress while some people keep padding on each others backs in a huge circlejerk of upvotes.

This is why the Nexus is such a shittastic place for mods. Not only is it infested with sexually deviant pedophile modders, but the moderators are also hypocrites that take everything personally. Its further exacerbated by the fact that they're the "only" game in town without obnoxious registration requirements.

Its a drat shame too, because that Swedish dude who got banned made one of the few original outfits on the Nexus, and it just needed some minor fixes to make it perfect. Maybe replace the flag/BoS shoulder patches to a fluff-friendly version (eg. Ulysses' old-world American flag and maybe the Enclave emblem) or a version without shoulder patches. And get rid of the back-pouch that clips though all your weapons.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Ugh, that sucks. I've been trying to update FOMM, but it crashes after it updates :(

Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?5yycy0v84dz65n4

Extract to your FOMM folder and overwrite. Now you will be able to update it.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Perpetual Ascent posted:

AWOP

It's bloated as gently caress, the creator has little to no idea how to optimise areas for actual playability and overall most of the places are so bland you might as well just install IWS. At least that way it'll remain playable.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

VisAbsoluta posted:

Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?5yycy0v84dz65n4

Extract to your FOMM folder and overwrite. Now you will be able to update it.

Thanks!

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Hotwire posted:

It's bloated as gently caress, the creator has little to no idea how to optimise areas for actual playability and overall most of the places are so bland you might as well just install IWS. At least that way it'll remain playable.
Pretty much- I learned the hard way that it's a pretty lousy mod with basically no logic or meaningful organization to it when I went into the underground and accidentally wound up getting strung along between about 4 or 5 dungeons full of pointlessly overpowered monsters and raiders before I figured out that those dungeons had nothing at all to do with each other and swore off it forever.

Why in God's name would a band of technologically advanced raiders ever shack up literally A DOOR AWAY from an underground military force? Who cares, bullet sponges and unbalanced weapons!

And the questline it adds is absolutely insipid and without point, and the writing is terrible. Bad mod, never again.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Upmarket Mango posted:

Has anyone checked out Vault 24? http://www.moddb.com/mods/vault-24

A full sized, 1,000 person vault. Ambitious, but it's actually coming along really well.
Why does it use the 'rusted' vault textures? They're so ugly. :(

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I got a very early release of AWOP (It doesn't have any quests or half the stuff people mention) and it's not too bad. Bland, maybe, but it lacks most of the stupid stuff I have been hearing about.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Upmarket Mango posted:

Has anyone checked out Vault 24? http://www.moddb.com/mods/vault-24

A full sized, 1,000 person vault. Ambitious, but it's actually coming along really well.

I'm intrigued by this, but vaults in general piss me off to no end. I know that the layout was designed by a third party, but when I think "vault" I think "Vault 21", and then I think of stabbing Sarah in her cheery face on the way out after getting lost for a loving hour.

This looks like it's ten times bigger than any vault in the game. Good lord... but I might check it out sometime, because I hate myself.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Well, I figured it out. It was Perks Every Level giving me the problem. I deleted it, and now NV runs fine, even with the other mods.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
I like AWOP because it can be a good break from when all I've been doing is talking to people and I've barely murdered anyone for a while.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bash Ironfist posted:

Well, I figured it out. It was Perks Every Level giving me the problem. I deleted it, and now NV runs fine, even with the other mods.

In the future, if you're curious, it should say the file's dependencies in the lower section of the FOMM window when you have the mod highlighted. If you were crashing at startup, it probably had something you didn't have as a dependency (Dead Money, judging by your earlier post).

Also, if you have FNVEdit, you can run that with your load order, and if there's a mod missing a master, it will tell you which one when it tries to load it.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

In the future, if you're curious, it should say the file's dependencies in the lower section of the FOMM window when you have the mod highlighted. If you were crashing at startup, it probably had something you didn't have as a dependency (Dead Money, judging by your earlier post).

Also, if you have FNVEdit, you can run that with your load order, and if there's a mod missing a master, it will tell you which one when it tries to load it.

Right, thanks for the info! Now for my first run-through as a dude who punches everything.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So how does WME compare to WMX? I've never installed either, and I'm having a tough time distinguishing the two. I mostly use rifles, like Marksman Carbine/All-American and Sniper Rifle/Christine's COS.

I'm leaning toward WMX just because it upgrades All-American's damage, whereas I don't need the scope enhancer from WME since I already have another mod that allows me to zoom in anything with a scope way past the default.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mooktastical posted:

So how does WME compare to WMX? I've never installed either, and I'm having a tough time distinguishing the two. I mostly use rifles, like Marksman Carbine/All-American and Sniper Rifle/Christine's COS.

I'm leaning toward WMX just because it upgrades All-American's damage, whereas I don't need the scope enhancer from WME since I already have another mod that allows me to zoom in anything with a scope way past the default.

This comes up a lot - it really is a matter of preference. WMX is my choice, and will soon support Melee Weapons (ala Dead Rising) which is one of the reasons it is my weapon mod mod of choice.

Also, holy poo poo that vault. I hope it is just meant to be a big dungeon crawl, and not have a bunch of ~~~~ mOD MAKER ~~~~ voice acting in it.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Bash Ironfist posted:

okay, how do I figure that out? here's an image of my load order, if that helps:

The problem is with perks every level. If you haven't already solved it, remove that dependency, or maybe just install project nevada's balance module and set that option/disable everything else. As a bonus the core features like sprinting and a grenade hotkey are really fun.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I'm currently using F3NV Project Reality MkI and find darker nights too dark. I tried disabling the dark wasteland but apparently that does nothing. Is there a work-around to getting brighter nights? Or will I have to keep stumbling around in pitch black nothingness?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've been using the weapon animation replacer, and I wanted to swap the stances, would it be safe to just extract the new one on top of the old, replacing everything that conflicts, or should I track down the individual files from the old version and delete those?

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
What's wrong with perks every level? Aside from it hasn't been updated in quite awhile. I noticed that I am crashing a lot more lately, I downloaded the companion wait 100000 day thing before returning home. I also added WME (I have WMX already though didn't know if they played nice together). Oh and I wasn't using Project Nevada till yesterday and holyshit was I missing out! Right now I am stuck in Camp McCarren, I can't figure if it's the fact that I have 3 companions with me that is killing my game. Is there a goon approved unlimited companions mod? I may have a faulty one.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seemenaked posted:

What's wrong with perks every level? Aside from it hasn't been updated in quite awhile. I noticed that I am crashing a lot more lately, I downloaded the companion wait 100000 day thing before returning home. I also added WME (I have WMX already though didn't know if they played nice together). Oh and I wasn't using Project Nevada till yesterday and holyshit was I missing out! Right now I am stuck in Camp McCarren, I can't figure if it's the fact that I have 3 companions with me that is killing my game. Is there a goon approved unlimited companions mod? I may have a faulty one.

WME and WMX will not play nice together; pretty much whichever one you load later in the load order is the one you'll actually be playing. Attachment information is part of weapon data, and it doesn't merge like levelled lists; it just overrides previous definitions (which is why you need compatibility patches for other things that change weapon stats).

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Skwirl posted:

I've been using the weapon animation replacer, and I wanted to swap the stances, would it be safe to just extract the new one on top of the old, replacing everything that conflicts, or should I track down the individual files from the old version and delete those?

Which animation replacer were you using? The most common one (WAR) is a FOMOD, so if you're using that, you should be able to uninstall it through FOMM. If that's not the case, you'd probably be better off getting a copy of the mod you want to remove, and then using that as a template to figure out what you need to manually remove before installing the new mod.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Seemenaked posted:

If you have Project Nevada, you can get rid of PEL and enable an equivalent option in PN's settings menu.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Seemenaked posted:

What's wrong with perks every level?

I don't know anything about crashing, but it has an erroneous dependency for dead money, which will cause problems if you don't have it installed.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Anyone recommend any good weapon packs besides Classic Fallout?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

JackMackerel posted:

:negative:

... no, no good ones...

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Naky posted:

... no, no good ones...

No good finished ones anyway :smug:

The Armory's not that great anyway the guns are too realistic and none of them are canon and there's not enough dirt and
:goonsay:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

A Lamer posted:

I don't know anything about crashing, but it has an erroneous dependency for dead money, which will cause problems if you don't have it installed.

Yeah, this was the problem. Took out PEL and it works now. Wish I could use it with more perks :(

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

JackMackerel posted:

I looked at the 9 different weapons mods listed in the first post including the one made by Naky, but was looking for something different.

This is how your post should have looked.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

JackMackerel posted:

AG Supplementary:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40000

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

JackMackerel posted:

Project Nevada adds pretty much every weapon from Fallout 3 except the Rock-it-Launcher.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
So game crashes anytime I try to change areas, (during load screens). I see the roulette wheel and bam! it just stops. Here is what I am currently running:

falloutnv.esm
deadmoney.esm
honesthearts.esm
oldworldblues.esm
electro-city - completedworkorders.esm
electro-city - highways and byways.esm
machienzo - npc cosmetic fixes.esm
classicpack.esm
mercenarypack.esm
tribalpack.esm
caravanpack.esm
fook - new vegas.esm
fook - new vegas dlcs.esm
iwr.esm
companioninfammo.esm
military explansion program.esm
nskies - vanilla edition.esm
lings.esm
project nevada - core.esm
project nevada - equipment.esm
mystyks faces nv.esp
oft_base.esp
oft_base_interiors.esp
follower wait time 100000.esp
vendorgametimerestock.esp
veronicafixer.esp
lucky 38 suite expansion.esp
rusttownv1-1.esp
uhnv.esp
fook - new vegas.esp
fook - new vegas dlcs.esp
project nevada - cyberware.esp
project nevada - rebalance.esp
project nevada - dead money.esp
project nevada - honest hearts.esp
project nevada - eve.esp
bobbleheads - cases.esp
bobbleheads - hidden_v1.2.esp
continue after end.esp
crippled legs less movement.esp
mgs enemy found.esp
newvegasbounties.esp
xatmosskillperks.esp
companionde-equip.esp
companioninfammooptional.esp
companioninfammocheat.esp
more ammo - 2x.esp
pop and beer do not dehydrate.esp
tag skills improved.esp
zombie serenade.esp
energyweapondenerf.esp
energyweaponmod.esp
qs_blackwolf_nv_backpackmod.esp
lfox invisible armored vests.esp
machienzo - npc cosmetic fixes dlc01.esp
machienzo - npc cosmetic fixes dlc02.esp
machienzo - npc cosmetic fixes dlc03.esp
immersive karma with nostealingkarma.esp
essentialplustweaks.esp
companiondisguises.esp
companion sandbox mode.esp
light step ed-e.esp
sunnycompanion.esp
unlimitedcompanions.esp
carrying capacity increase.esp
moddable unique weps.esp
two bears highfiving.esp
weaponmodsexpanded.esp
project nevada - wmx.esp
signatureweapons.esp
fo3 face presets.esp
bettergameperformancev4.esp
lfox magic fingers perk.esp
energyweapons v_0_2a.esp
morepresets.esp
universalperkrequirements.esp
winstonfree.esp
winstonpurchasable.esp
unified backpack mod.esp
companion radio.esp

I can't for the life of me figure out why I am crashing. I was fine until yesterday when I added Project Nevada/WME/companion wait time 100000 days. I love project nevada, and it'd suck to have to drop it after I just discovered how awesome it is.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Run BOSS on your load order for starters then try waiting for 7 days then try getting rid of eve, finally try getting rid of Nevada skies. Also. Have a sneaking suspicion weather mods with adjustable weather make the game more crash prone, especially if you actually change it from default

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I assume you have tried disabling every plugin you have and tried loading your save, right? If that fixes it, its just using the process of elimination to find the problem.

If that didn't fix it, delete fallout.ini and fallout_perfs.ini in your my games/falloutnv, and then restore the backup for fallout_default.ini in your base new vegas folder. Start the launcher and click on options so it generates the first two .ini files. Then start the game as you normally would and see if that fixes it. I've made the game unable to load anything when I tried increasing the distance trees and low detail buildings show up.

Also just as a future suggestion, I'd remove pretty useless plugins like "pop and beer don't dehydrate" because this engine is a delicious princess that will crash whenever you ask it to load too much.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm not sure FOOK and PN work together without an interoperability patch, either. I haven't put a lot of research into FOOK, though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Also look into using Wrye Flash to create a bashed patch. The stability of my game skyrocketed to where crashes are extremely rare when I started using bashed patches. Just keep in mind, with a bashed patch, you'll generally have to recreate it every time you add or remove a mod. It takes only a few clicks and a couple seconds, though.

EDIT: Just for reference, I have 112 active esms and esps and my game's as stable as a table :D

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 23, 2011

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Omnicarus posted:

Here is the second release of my hideout mod. You can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHITXBDV

Thanks a ton to everyone who told me about bugs. :) I've gotten most of them fixed and this release should be significantly better.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not but on creating a new game, there is a new race called mannequin that if selected crashes the game.
Otherwise the place has been pretty cool so far.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Naky posted:

... no, no good ones...

Goddammit. You'd think they'd have made some somewhat lore-friendy weapons, but nooooo.

The closest I have are Crysis 2 weapons and they're hilariously overpowered. .-.

Also, for some reason, Classic Weapons won't spawn via console, even when I insert the correct load order for the ID.

JackMackerel fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 23, 2011

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

OgNar posted:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not but on creating a new game, there is a new race called mannequin that if selected crashes the game.
Otherwise the place has been pretty cool so far.

Thanks for posting this :) Fixed it. I'll put it in the next release that I should have out on Wednesday. It'll also have an improved/sorting crafting area and better Navmeshing too.

Edit: Thanks to everyone for being patient with the bugs/etc. I've released smaller mods and scripts before but this is my first big project.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 23, 2011

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Coughing Hobo posted:

Also look into using Wrye Flash to create a bashed patch. The stability of my game skyrocketed to where crashes are extremely rare when I started using bashed patches. Just keep in mind, with a bashed patch, you'll generally have to recreate it every time you add or remove a mod. It takes only a few clicks and a couple seconds, though

I've been using this guys programs ever since Morrowind. They're great, and bashed patches help a lot, but god drat I hate how it is structured. You need to download a bunch of python related poo poo and he never explains where to get them. Every time I realize I need to install Wrye *ash I do the :negative: in real life.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Node posted:

I've been using this guys programs ever since Morrowind. They're great, and bashed patches help a lot, but god drat I hate how it is structured. You need to download a bunch of python related poo poo and he never explains where to get them. Every time I realize I need to install Wrye *ash I do the :negative: in real life.

The first time I installed Wrye Flash, I went through literally seven different versions of Python before I got one that Wrye Flash recognized.

Wrye :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Coughing Hobo posted:

The first time I installed Wrye Flash, I went through literally seven different versions of Python before I got one that Wrye Flash recognized.

Wrye :negative:

Should I check all the options when rebuilding the patch or just leave it?