Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Andy Daly rules and this week's CBB is awesome; just relentlessly, gleefully dark. I've never seen Community but Gillian Jacobs was really funny and did a great job of joining Scott in the cross-examination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Andy Daly has an awesome old-timey voice and I just like hearing him talk

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Gillian didn't have much to say but Daly's char was hilariously dark. Not the best but a nice step up from last week for sure, I hope he wins that knife fight.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Transfatuation posted:

Andy Daly rules and this week's CBB is awesome; just relentlessly, gleefully dark. I've never seen Community but Gillian Jacobs was really funny and did a great job of joining Scott in the cross-examination.

I agree with this guy. Gillian Jacobs definitely held her own.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Oh hey, Andy Daly is also on this week's Thrilling Adventure Hour (as a talking horse). Everything's coming up Andy :allears:

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree. I do not think it's endearing to listen to a 40+ year old man going through the type of intellectual awakening most people go through in their teens.

I also disagree strongly with your inference that that his attention to athletics earlier in his life is to blame for his delayed mental development. Academics and athletics are not mutually exclusive.

This is the last post I'm ever going to make about Joe Rogan. He is one of the most controversial people in this thread and I'm sure others get tired of the disagreements. In my opinion, Joe Rogan is an imbecile. I don't like wasting my time listening to imbeciles. I would rather that the SA forums was a place where people who do enjoy Joe Rogan were as ostracized as furries, but unfortunately that is not the case.

What does this have to do with Greg Proops?

Seriously lets forget about Joe Rogan I'm more interested in you. If you say that as a teenager you were able to have the same experiences that Joe had over 41 years then you are the type of person I am interested in. If your story is at all comparable to his where he survived an abusive police officer father while mastering a martial art and somehow managing to not go the criminal route as the children in those types of relationships tend to do, but instead make the choice to do the exact opposite and make something of yourself while travling the world to gain some perspective on how to accomplish that goal well then I'm all ears and im sure a lot of other people would like to hear what you have to say as well,

But obviously thats not the case. Your life experience was probably nothing like his and probably not at all unique. If you are adamantly against listening to that sort of thing then thats your choice and its completely understandable. But my posts was for people are somewhat interested in it and are on the fence as to whether or not its worth their time to continue. If you'll notice I actually agreed with all the complaints. If you didnt notice thats also fine because wow did i write that out poorly. I was just listing some details that a casual listener may not be aware of so that the next time they listen they might get a little something extra out of it.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 22, 2011

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

A Treatise on Joe Rogan

Having certain 'life experiences' doesn't preclude you from being a enormous douchebag (or at least coming off that way). Can't loving stand that guy.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
If listening to joe rogan is anything like reading that guy's posts, my decision not to bother has been reaffirmed.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Insane justifications on the Internet of a Podcast
:wtf:

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree. I do not think it's endearing to listen to a 40+ year old man going through the type of intellectual awakening most people go through in their teens.
If I never hear Joe Rogan again it will be to soon. He is not as cool as he thinks he is nor is he as cool as his character in News Radio was.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Oh my god, he is insane.

Mogambo posted:

Having certain 'life experiences' doesn't preclude you from being a enormous douchebag (or at least coming off that way). Can't loving stand that guy.

WoG posted:

If listening to joe rogan is anything like reading that guy's posts, my decision not to bother has been reaffirmed.
He's not that bad, but with all the good content out there, there's no real reason to waste time on him - I think meathead was an apt description. I don't know, maybe you could laugh at him....

I just noticed Judge John Hodgeman is back on the Bench.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I agree with this guy. Gillian Jacobs definitely held her own.

My favorite part of the episode was the first few lines of his Nobel speech "Obviously I am a dragon"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I tried listening to the Pod F. Tompkast today, but I wasn't really enjoying it even though I usually find him hilarious. Does it get better after the first couple of episodes?

I'm not finding the story thing he's doing with his characters funny at all so far, the clips from his stand up show and the phone calls with Jen Kirkman are ok I guess. He also rambles too much in between segments but I kind of enjoy that.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Flamazot posted:

I tried listening to the Pod F. Tompkast today, but I wasn't really enjoying it even though I usually find him hilarious. Does it get better after the first couple of episodes?

I'm not finding the story thing he's doing with his characters funny at all so far, the clips from his stand up show and the phone calls with Jen Kirkman are ok I guess. He also rambles too much in between segments but I kind of enjoy that.

The format does not vary, so you'll continue to like the bits you like and continue to dislike the bits you don't. Just fast forward through anything you don't enjoy (though how you cannot enjoy The Great Undiscovered Project is beyond me).

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Flamazot posted:

I felt that way exactly when it first started, and kind of still do. It's kind of like WTF; I'm not a fan of the first 10-12 minutes of Maron's bit, but if I skip that I really enjoy the rest of the show. Just skip the segments you don't like, because the rest of the podcast is worth it.

Edit: just like the above post said. Whoops.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Mogambo posted:

Again you're 100% correct. But whats more relevant is he took note of the flaws in his character that his friends and family pointed out and made the decision to work on those things. It's a slow process and some things will never change because he's just human and thats how people are. But the fact that he's even making a real effort and being able to witness and maybe take something away from it that you can use in your own life is why the show is interesting. This is also the reason I listen to Maron.

porktree posted:

If you dont like him thats fine. I'm not posting for you and I probably agree with any nuanced reason you can provide. I'm not here to tell you what you should and should not like. If you cant at all relate to where he's coming from then theres definitely no reason to listen to him. No harm no foul. I can understand that all the metaphysical new age mumbo jumbo and weed chat may not be worth sitting through to wait for the more personal things that get discussed. That part of the show does exit though. It's not all spaceships and aliens and I think the show is better than simple one sentence insults and I'm curious as to what the real reasons are someone may not like the show. And in the spirit of the show If at all possible I will start a dialogue with you and try to understand where you're coming from and maybe in that process we both learn something. If that is somehow offensive or crazy well I feel sorry for the type of person you've grown into but there are still people in this world who are able to discuss differences in an intelligent way even on the internet where its easier to just post a meme.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 22, 2011

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
Listening to PFT ramble is pretty much the best part of his podcast.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

WoG posted:

What if we're just on another plane of existence

What if they're all around us right now but we just cant feel them

What if Alex Jones is the only guy telling the truth

What if God is Ayahuasca from Planet X Nibiru

What if I'm gay

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Peter North posted:

What if I'm gay

/joe rogan podcast

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Peter North posted:

What if I'm gay

That's just a Duncan Trussel episode. Also I fail to see the problem.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Peter North posted:

What if I'm gay

The Joe Rogan Experience is the best current podcast by a mile.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you don't like Joe Rogan/his podcast you take poo poo way too seriously.

ASL NIGGA
Nov 26, 2009

by T. Mascis

Peter North posted:

What if I'm gay

You obviously havent bothered listening to any of his podcasts. Also "NotWearingPants" continues to cement himself as a smarmy fat nerd who sucks.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Flamazot posted:

Not really, it's all consistent. I don't like the characters either, but the rambling and clips are good.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
I guess that that struck a nerve so lemme just say I am still a fan of the show and have bothered listening to a lot of them, my mileage depends largely on the guests. I obviously have a low tolerance for Duncan Trussell or any of the other pot talk guests (and Eddie Bravo is the loving WORST), but hearing Bert and Joey Diaz shoot the poo poo is fine with me usually. Joe is in the same class as Adam Carolla, Penn Jillette, and Patrice O'Neal as far as being exhausting to listen to ramble on for hours but he talks about cool poo poo most of the time.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Flamazot posted:

What did you guys think of the character in the latest CBB? I guess there were some good moments but I really just found it kind of disturbing

Bergen Regional is not as funny as And(i) makes it out to be :smith:

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

soru posted:

Listening to PFT ramble is pretty much the best part of his podcast.

If only reading Teepkick ramble was half as worthwhile...

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

bango skank posted:

If you don't like Joe Rogan/his podcast you take poo poo way too seriously.

If you say so. I just think he's tedious and unlikeable. Plus he's got those weirdos in his fanbase that think he's the second coming of Ground 'n Pound Stoner Jesus, and they give me the heebie-jeebies.

I honestly don't give him much thought until you guys spend two pages getting mad at each other over him.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

DangerDummy! posted:

I honestly don't give him much thought until you guys spend two pages getting mad at each other over him.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Joe Rogan-Kevin Smith-Tig Notaro joint podcast episode. It will be the show that makes no one happy, anywhere, at anytime now or in the future.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

benito posted:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Joe Rogan-Kevin Smith-Tig Notaro joint podcast episode. It will be the show that makes no one happy, anywhere, at anytime now or in the future.

You forgot a mildly drunk Adam Corolla.

down beat
Jul 11, 2002
I like Rogan's podcast. He repeats himself a lot, episodes can run too long and he get's way too high but he acknowledges it. Redban is an rear end in a top hat but I find him entertaining. Certain guests like Joey Diaz and Duncan Trussell are what really make the podcast for me. What's hilarious is if you read the Rogan message board, they're bigger nerds than goons when it comes to nitpicking things about him.

This is why I personally enjoy the podcast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHak207xlNU

Kizzicharlie
Feb 9, 2005

"Freelance Peacekeeping Agent, Yes"
can i point out to any of you interested in whats happened to the Red Bar Radio Podcast to the following facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/bringbackrbr/ theres over 800 members on it, its really active, and Mike is a part of the group (although not posting due to 'issues')

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
Jordan Morris name drops SA on today's Earwolf Challenge.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Flamazot posted:

I tried listening to the Pod F. Tompkast today, but I wasn't really enjoying it

I think that's your problem right there. It's a night time podcast. The first words are "It's night time on the internet." C'mon!*

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o

ASL NIGGA posted:

You obviously havent bothered listening to any of his podcasts. Also "NotWearingPants" continues to cement himself as a smarmy fat nerd who sucks.

A smarmy fat nerd? on the SomethingAwful.com forums?! Well I never...

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 23, 2011

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

notwearingpants posted:

I do not think it's endearing to listen to a 40+ year old man going through the type of intellectual awakening most people go through in their teens.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

What does this have to do with Greg Proops?

I wouldn't describe Proops as going through an awakening, he always acted that way, even when he was on Whose Line. Also he's 50+. But, I might have just read this exchange wrong.

Joe Rogan is not for everybody. I'll listen to an episode that has a guest I like just as much as Carolla (actually more so, since Joe Rogan has his guests on for more than 30 minutes). I'd like to see more guests from MMA. The Bas Rutten episode was pretty entertaining.

SamuraiPaul fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 23, 2011

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

moleman posted:

Jordan Morris name drops SA on today's Earwolf Challenge.

Yeah, and I think away from Jesse Thorn I actually like him pretty well.
My predictions for the week's Challenge: Totally Laime, F Plus, and Bob and Dan in the bottom 3 with F Plus leaving.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

SamuraiPaul posted:

I wouldn't describe Proops as going through an awakening, he always acted that way, even when he was on Who's Line. Also he's 50+. But, I might have just read this exchange wrong.

Id say its possible.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
For those interested in gooncasts, this week's Those drat Ross Kids is the best one in recent memory. It would be a good entry point if you've been holding off for a while.

http://duckfeed.tv/tdrk/40/

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Not to bring up bad memories, the new Rogan with Bert Krischner is amazing.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

Not to bring up bad memories, the new Rogan with Bert Krischner is amazing.

Yeah I've never watched Bert the Conqueror or anything but he's a good guest. That loving laugh is ridiculous.

down beat
Jul 11, 2002
You know, I loved Carolla during the Loveline days. And I'm not saying he sold out or whatever people say when they like someones earlier work but he has become the morning DJ that he used to make fun of. I don't blame him for working though.

I wish I was more into MMA because during Rogan's, any conversation centered around MMA is unlistenable to anyone not knowledgeable of the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
By has become do you mean literally was? You were conscious during the years 2006-2009 when he hosted a national morning zoo show yes?

Also Joe Rogan asked the great philosophical question how is it possible that I call a friend and ask him to come over and then he actually does. I was wrong about everything guys.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 23, 2011

• Locked thread