Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
The rear end is quickly growing on me, but there's something off about it in profile--like the rear is turned up or something such that it doesn't have the classic slope. I don't know, but it's driving me nuts.

I think it's because it's longer it looks less sloped and more sleek, dunno if that works with the 911.

Good looking car, though, just not 911-ey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
The rear end is too long. The 911 has always sloped from the roof all the way down the back to the ground (with the exception of a tail here and there). This one's too long. As it curves down, it almost seems to flatten back out before dropping off the back. It's kinda weird.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The new Jag 2.2 owns. Also I took pictures of it.

Jaguar XF 2.2 by AshBurrows, on Flickr

Probably the best looking car in its class? Prettier than E90s etc imo.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Boiled Water posted:

They own a copy machine apparently, like Audi has.

That's not fair. Audi hasn't made the same copy for 40 years. They added gay LEDs to it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Add me to the list of people that thing the new 911 is downright gorgeous. I've wanted one since 1996 when I was 10, and I think when 2017 rolls around I'll finally be able to pick one of these up (used). :)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The rear end is too long. The 911 has always sloped from the roof all the way down the back to the ground (with the exception of a tail here and there). This one's too long. As it curves down, it almost seems to flatten back out before dropping off the back. It's kinda weird.

Yeah, it's too elongated. You can see why they did it, to make more interior room, but it looks off. I also think the front is a bit too delicate. Interior is stunning though.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
Have you guys heard about the new Toyota Ford SUV? It even comes in Silver! Must be a secret new model they're testing during Car Week.

Fatal Crash near Laguna Seca

[/sarcasm]

Ingraman
Jul 6, 2005
Arrogant bastard
New pictures of the Lexus GS are out. Also, a preview of the F-Sport model:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

DJ Commie posted:

That would be idiotic, why would the more eocnomical engine option get the performance designation?

Because whether or not its more economical than the petrol model depends on where you drive it and how much diesel costs compared to petrol. But then again its not going to be any faster either.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

A5H posted:

The new Jag 2.2 owns.

I quite like this.

Ingraman posted:

New pictures of the Lexus GS are out.

But quite dislike this.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Ingraman posted:

New pictures of the Lexus GS are out. Also, a preview of the F-Sport model:

It looks like a Camry hosed an IS300.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.
The Z4 gets a new engine. BMW has replaced their NA 3.0l straight six with a 2.0l 4cyl Turbo.

This will obviously replace the NA straight six in all their blockbuster cars (1 series, 3 series, 5 series). I don't know how I feel about the loss of buttery buttery smoothness in exchange for some extra grunt and MPG, but I will reserve judgement for after I drive one.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/08/19/ultimate-photo-gallery-2012-bmw-z4-sdrive28i/

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I read that it will simulate I6 engine noises with the stereo for all the :qq:PERFECT PRIMARY BALANCE:qq: douchebags.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110218/CARNEWS/110219868

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

ynotony posted:

The Z4 gets a new engine. BMW has replaced their NA 3.0l straight six with a 2.0l 4cyl Turbo.

This will obviously replace the NA straight six in all their blockbuster cars (1 series, 3 series, 5 series). I don't know how I feel about the loss of buttery buttery smoothness in exchange for some extra grunt and MPG, but I will reserve judgement for after I drive one.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/08/19/ultimate-photo-gallery-2012-bmw-z4-sdrive28i/

Turbos are never the wrong answer.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Throatwarbler posted:

I read that it will simulate I6 engine noises with the stereo for all the :qq:PERFECT PRIMARY BALANCE:qq: douchebags.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110218/CARNEWS/110219868

quote:

In everyday driving, the N20 is noticeably more responsive, although its sound is nowhere near as alluring as that of the engine it replaces. BMW says that will be fixed on certain models, including on an updated Z4 sDrive28i, with the addition of an electronic sound generator.

Are you loving kidding me

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Does it come with whistle tips as well?

(As much as I love a good BMW I6 sound, turbo fours can sound fantastic as well.)

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Throatwarbler posted:

The stereo? With this amazing technology will I be able to load different soundtracks into my new beemer?

Meanwhile, I test drove a 2010 Ford Focus XR5 last weekend and the sales guy told me it had a specially designed exhuast that was pushed hard against the firewall to make sure that the burble could be heard in the cabin.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
Every new BMW will come with a complimentary soundracer.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

A MIRACLE posted:

Are you loving kidding me

Hahahaha it's the exact opposite of that noise-cancelling technology where inverse engine noise comes out of the speakers and cancels out actual engine noise

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

heat posted:

Hahahaha it's the exact opposite of that noise-cancelling technology where inverse engine noise comes out of the speakers and cancels out actual engine noise

It's actually just playing cards in the spokes, but being a BMW, each one has a wear life of about 10 minutes and costs $450.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

tobu posted:

The stereo? With this amazing technology will I be able to load different soundtracks into my new beemer?

Meanwhile, I test drove a 2010 Ford Focus XR5 last weekend and the sales guy told me it had a specially designed exhuast that was pushed hard against the firewall to make sure that the burble could be heard in the cabin.

General rule of thumb, if a salesman tells you anything, he's lying. An exhaust pushed against the firewall would not burble, it would vibrate & transmit heat. Also when the engine rocked it would hammer noisily.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Cakefool posted:

General rule of thumb, if a salesman tells you anything, he's lying. An exhaust pushed against the firewall would not burble, it would vibrate & transmit heat. Also when the engine rocked it would hammer noisily.

He also said, "This is definitely affordable." and "This won't hurt a bit."

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The 458 Spyder has leaked early before the it's official unveiling at Frankfurt.

No details other than it's reportedly a packing a folding hardtop. I like it.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
And in further drop-top V8 news, the new SLK55 AMG has been released. As expected, it's packing the new 5.5 V8 sans turbos, packing 415hp.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Subaru's version of the "Toyobaru" finally gets an official name:

http://www.insideline.com/subaru/brz/2013/2013-subaru-brz-debuts-next-spring.html

A rear-wheel drive Subaru is still just crazy to think about. I can't wait to see both of these cars come out. The Scion FR-S concept was unadulterated sex on wheels, but supposedly the final product is going to have more styling cues from the previous Toyota FT-86 concept, which is unfortunate in my opinion. The straight angles all over the most recent FT-86 concept are just so boring compared to the curves on the FR-S concept.

An older spy video of the Scion, for comparison:

http://www.insideline.com/scion/fr-s/2013/videos/2013_scion_fr-s_ss_51911.html

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

MiniFoo posted:

http://www.insideline.com/subaru/brz/2013/2013-subaru-brz-debuts-next-spring.html

A rear-wheel drive Subaru is still just crazy to think about. I can't wait to see both of these cars come out. The Scion FR-S concept was unadulterated sex on wheels, but supposedly the final product is going to have more styling cues from the previous Toyota FT-86 concept, which is unfortunate in my opinion. The straight angles all over the most recent FT-86 concept are just so boring compared to the curves on the FR-S concept.

That logo looks like something straight out of an 80s Pontiac commercial.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

MiniFoo posted:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I don't get it.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

travisray2004 posted:

That logo looks like something straight out of an 80s Pontiac commercial.

That's how you it's gonna be sweet like the Pontiac Fiero.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MiniFoo posted:

I don't get it.

Plymouth BReeZe.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Fucknag posted:

Plymouth BReeZe.

Oh, right. I saw the pic and wondered what my post had to do with old Stratuses. :doh:

Tragic Otter
Aug 3, 2000

Hyundai has announced Veloster pricing, starting at $17,300.

Although I'd like to buy a new small car soon, I'm going to have to wait until that (and the Sonic) comes out. The Veloster could be quite the deal if they've figured out the chassis.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Faceless Clock posted:

Although I'd like to buy a new small car soon, I'm going to have to wait until that (and the Sonic) comes out. The Veloster could be quite the deal if they've figured out the chassis.

I just got a '12 Elantra and if I could have afforded to wait longer before getting a new car I would have probably taken a look at the Veloster at that price point. They look fun.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
I dont get the "point" of the Veloster. Same engine and gas mileage and price as an Elantra, but with less utility? Can it even be that much quicker? I thought it was supposed to have some little turbo motor...

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Faceless Clock posted:

I am currently debating between picking up a MS3 or waiting for the Veloster.

dag01
Mar 9, 2004
for you to be inside of me is a delightful concept

Coasterphreak posted:

I am currently debating between picking up a MS3 or waiting for the Veloster.

Go for the Mazdaspeed 3. The veloster is looking to be a lot more like the Honda CR-Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEjPtL1UG0&feature=player_embedded

The turbo veloster next year should be something on par with the MS3.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

I dont get the "point" of the Veloster. Same engine and gas mileage and price as an Elantra, but with less utility? Can it even be that much quicker? I thought it was supposed to have some little turbo motor...

Handles better and possibly a reworked transmission? There might possibly be a turbo 4 one later.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

Christobevii3 posted:

There might possibly be a turbo 4 one later.
Here's a Turbo variant undergoing testing. It has a different front end and 208 hp.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

same point as a VW Scirocco I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tragic Otter
Aug 3, 2000

Well obviously, it's meant to be sportier, which means different chassis tuning, bigger wheels and tire stock, and etc. It's a little lighter, as well, and the engine is the same as the Accent's I believe, isn't the Elantra a 1.8?

I'm prepared to be disappointed because I've driven one of the new Accents and thought the engine lacked punch or character, and Hyundai is hardly a veteran at in this field.

Still, if it is good to drive it'll be a nice choice due to its low price point. I'm fine with 138hp in a 2500-2600 pound car so long as it feels good around the bends and sounds mad about the fact it's only a 1.6.