Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

lynch_69 posted:

Isn't this sort of thing blatant animal abuse?

Not abuse, just disturbing for all involved. I'm sure the cats are pampered, but it is kind of gross to see them used as things for rich people enjoyment, but then again I like going to the circus to see bears ride motorcycles, so I'm not one to judge.

At least I think the bear would think it is pretty awesome to ride a motorcycle, those cats just look like they would murder everything if they could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Ironf posted:

I'm pretty sure I can't think of a better way to spend a vacation that going to this. Actually chewing on a shotgun shell might edge it out. Barely.

http://gothamist.com/2010/08/12/cat_fashion_show.php#photo-7

I don't know if it's cause I've never been to a fancy club/function or cause I grew up in a small town but holy poo poo $20 for a martini? God I can't imagine throwing that much on a single drink.

But more on topic, I can't wait for the baby.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Mike Tahoe posted:

This is one of my favorite Beetlejuice clips. I start losing it around 3:40. Beet gets so pissed at Sal that he's almost coherent for a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FC6zrfU1c

The visual from 5:45-6:15 is just fantastic. I love that little bastard so fuckin' much.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

ziglol posted:

Howard has mentioned on the show he uses Google Alerts (probably on his name), so I wouldn't doubt that he has probably stumbled across one of these SA threads before.

During several of the ETM calls Howard mentions to Eric the SA front page article about the "top ten worst midgets" or whatever. That's the only time SA has ever been mentioned on the show that I'm aware of.

Never gives credit to SA or the author though, just mentions it's a "famous web site."

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Is it me or does this look exactly like Howard?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Moniker posted:

Is it me or does this look exactly like Howard?

Speaking of Howard lookalikes, I was in New York last week and went to a Jazz club. While I was waiting to go in, the crowd from the previous show was meandering out. I saw this woman who looked just like Howard (Howard today, not the old Howard). I swear, it was freaky. I wrote a quick message on my Blackberry to show my wife and just as she read it, a guy picks up a newspaper and mumbles something about Howard Stern. It was the freakiest thing.

I also felt VERY bad for this lady...

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

My favourite part of Richard Cristy's phony phone calls is that no matter how he disguises his voice he still sounds the same.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lynch_69 posted:

My favourite part of Richard Cristy's phony phone calls is that no matter how he disguises his voice he still sounds the same.

I gotta say the latest prank call to Tradio about the Japanese vase that gets broken and then the Tradio guy goes "uh uh ummm, well, uh uh uh" is probably in my top 5 calls of all time.

"Oh fiddlesticks!" *Crash sound effect*
"You broke the goddamn vase!"

"Do you have any bandages? Cause he beats me.."
"drat right I'm gonna beat you!!!"
"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Well I'm sorry sir but...

"I'm a woman, now you hurt my feelings"

Richard owns.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The jizz stains one is amazing just because of the guy not getting anything they were doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3im7MyB4h3s

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Is there a somewhat up-to-date Tradio collection? the one I have is probably a year or two out of date.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fandom secrets: I used to have to listen to the original tradio pack posted here a few years ago to get to sleep :shobon:

I've only been off of it cold turkey since about 4 months ago, but seriously every single night for maybe a year and a half I could not get to sleep unless I queued that up. It was so comforting...

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
I listen to King of All Blacks vs Ronnie a lot at night.

"You see that wallet? It says LOUIS VUITTON, NIGGUH"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Before the tradio pack I was addicted to listening to the ETM packs from random points (non shuffle). That despicable midget lulled me into sleep more times than I care to mention.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AltronHGX posted:

Fandom secrets: I used to have to listen to the original tradio pack posted here a few years ago to get to sleep :shobon:

I've only been off of it cold turkey since about 4 months ago, but seriously every single night for maybe a year and a half I could not get to sleep unless I queued that up. It was so comforting...

And that's after a bunch of them got their playcounts reset when I changed computers. About a month or two ago I finally quit but I'd say for the past 3-4 years I've been going to sleep every night listening to Howard goof on people. The Jackie Spotlight got a loving ton of play from me in my early years and then by the end I'd been listening to more Gary/Robin stuff.

Those all get the most play as well because they don't contain a lot of caller interaction. For some reason callers woke me up like crazy, I guess because everyone feels the need to shout like a retard when they call a show.

e: the Jackie and Nancy track is way low. I probably had 2500+ listens to it before as it was always the track I played first each night.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
"Hi there my name's Ethel, and I was just listening with my GRANDson..."

Every time, I lose it. Every time.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Crotch Bat posted:

e: the Jackie and Nancy track is way low. I probably had 2500+ listens to it before as it was always the track I played first each night.

Please dont make a mockery of this.

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST

AltronHGX posted:

During my last year of high school and entirety of college, I fell asleep listening to clips of Gilbert Gottfried on the Stern Show practically every night (about 80% of the time). I am to Gilbert Gottfried appearances what Gilbert is to 30's horror movies.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Is there a Gilbert collection? He makes every appearance hilarious.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Has anyone ever done a George Takei collection? I looked on youtube but there wasn't a ton of stuff. I bet there aren't enough wood-yi appearances for one of those, right?

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I'd kill for a collection of the reedited audiobook stuff. The Ed McMahon audiobook they reedited is a bit that still kills me every time I hear it.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It makes me feel slightly more normal to know there are other people who have listened to old Stern clips every day for years.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

picosecond posted:

I'd kill for a collection of the reedited audiobook stuff. The Ed McMahon audiobook they reedited is a bit that still kills me every time I hear it.

You can basically find all of those on Youtube with some easy searching. Then just turn those into .mp3 and voila.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is there a Gilbert collection? He makes every appearance hilarious.

There is one floating around somewhere as I remember downloading it a few years ago.

Edit:

Or if you want to go the YouTube route as mentioned above, there's tons on there.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I have a Gilbert collection that someone posted here two years ago. Can upload if someone provides hosting.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I had a dream last night that I might have accidentally killed Eric The ShitCock.

For some reason, we were in my folks old house. He was being himself, an obnoxious, balky sack of poo poo, and he was pissing me off. I was trying to do something for him, and nothing was good enough.

As I got angrier and angrier, he started directly taunting me, cursing at me. Finally, I just snapped, and punched him square in the face. He went flying out of his chair, and hit the floor like a (small) sack of potatoes. He laid in a crumpled pile on the floor, and I got scared and ran out of the house, and drove away.

And they I woke up.
hosed up, man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

The jizz stains one is amazing just because of the guy not getting anything they were doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3im7MyB4h3s

Jesus christ, Richard's completely mastered his old lady voice the first time you hear him in this clip. What was loving KILLING me was his attention to making himself sound really tired and fatigued, like every old lady who sits around her house all loving day sounds like. God damnit, he's so smart :allears:

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

Anyone able to find the Richard & Sal call with Ronnie clips to the angry guy. "I'll pay ya ta meet ya"

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
It makes me fantasize about ronnie in a deli saying "whatchoor pwobwem" to the cashier and some 6'4" roid ragin meathead pokes his head up...done deal pal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvg4yBiwYhI

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
There isn't enough of this in the universe.

The Guy Who Laughs at Everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsX_kAtwwJc&feature=related

this is part one, I think there's like five.

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

It makes me fantasize about ronnie in a deli saying "whatchoor pwobwem" to the cashier and some 6'4" roid ragin meathead pokes his head up...done deal pal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvg4yBiwYhI

Done deal pal. They need to call this dude again.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Fist posted:

Done deal pal. They need to call this dude again.

If I remember, the guy's brother helped set him up for that phone call.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Ironf posted:

I'm pretty sure I can't think of a better way to spend a vacation that going to this. Actually chewing on a shotgun shell might edge it out. Barely.

http://gothamist.com/2010/08/12/cat_fashion_show.php#photo-7

Howard has become Imus.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Sizzlechest posted:

If I remember, the guy's brother helped set him up for that phone call.

Or his kids, something like that. Whoever it was knew he had a temper and it would be a guaranteed flip out with a call like this.

Anyway: did anyone listen to Benji's Hurricane Irene show tonight?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Smeep posted:

Or his kids, something like that. Whoever it was knew he had a temper and it would be a guaranteed flip out with a call like this.

Anyway: did anyone listen to Benji's Hurricane Irene show tonight?

is it on youtube yet?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I stopped listening to Howard a long time ago (moved out of the country), but I am curious what Howard is doing due to Irene. Can anyone tell me what he is up to? Is he fleeing New York or bunkering down? I am just curious to hear his reaction.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Enigma89 posted:

I stopped listening to Howard a long time ago (moved out of the country), but I am curious what Howard is doing due to Irene. Can anyone tell me what he is up to? Is he fleeing New York or bunkering down? I am just curious to hear his reaction.

yep, this just in

Howard is being attacked by three filthy cats and Beth is bending her knee.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Howard's parents are floating on a couch in their flooded living room in the dark while asking Howard to call someone to help.

Mom, you have to call 911.
Whaaaaat?
MOM YOU HAVE TO CALL 911!
I don't like being yelled at, feh.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Tim's assistant Jared sent a boat to save them but it never showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

ChaosMonkey posted:

Tim's assistant Jared sent a boat to save them but it never showed up.

The lord works in mysterious ways.