Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The are such shills for Mattel over at Fwoosh.

Look at these awesome pictures of DCUC 19, no problems here at all ... don't forget to subscribe!

I guess I would be doing the same if I got everything Mattel made for free the past 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's not so much her smile is like a vast creepy chasm of scarlet and ivory, her clearly visable rickity joints, her lifeless psychotic lazy couger eyes that look to steal the soul of the next man she encounters, or even her seaworthy Iowa Class chin that bothers me.

It's the fact she looks so much like my aunt it's uncanny, I'm half-tempted to buy it just to see what would happen if I stuck a bunch of pins in the figure.

It just amazes me they can do so well with MOTUC or Voltron and then screw up their most established line(well ok MOTU is around 30 years old but only 5 different toylines and two(arguibly 3) of them Mattel ruined/is ruining for themselves). I mean c'mon Figmas and Revoltechs look way more accurate than what they've shown for DCUC and those figures usualy run around the same price you're charging for your inferior figures.

*edit*
Someone tell me I'm not seeing things, on the back of Stargirl's package it looks like her headsculpt is entirely different than her current creepy one.

I'm noticing that specificly the hair looks like a different mold all together

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 19, 2011

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
I haven't bought a figure in many, many years (I have enough expensive habits as is), but my LCBS had a raffle recently, which I won without even being aware I was participating. Came for my comics, left with this.

Bastard won't stop staring at me.

Edit: Sadly, that is the best picture I am technologically capable of taking.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Vaerai Archon posted:

*edit*
Someone tell me I'm not seeing things, on the back of Stargirl's package it looks like her headsculpt is entirely different than her current creepy one.

I'm noticing that specificly the hair looks like a different mold all together

I think it's the same mold, it's just not painted like poo poo. The hair isn't even painted on the final figure, it's just a big solid piece of yellow plastic.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sounds like The Hasbro Effect.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I was looking forward to Stargirl too :smith:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Me too :(

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Anyone bought the Iron Man Revoltech figure?

Was wondering if it was worth the $50 to buy imported. :/

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Jet Ready Go posted:

Anyone bought the Iron Man Revoltech figure?

Was wondering if it was worth the $50 to buy imported. :/

I have it. It's pretty sweet. Worth $50, though? Depends on how much you like Iron Man and Revoltechs in general.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

VitaminZinc posted:

I have it. It's pretty sweet. Worth $50, though? Depends on how much you like Iron Man and Revoltechs in general.

How is in scale to ML? Pictures if possible my friend. I know I wouldn't mind a better articulated Ironman as long it was close to scale.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=
Revoltech vs. Marvel Select is the best I can do. Oh, and a tape measure in the back.

EDIT: And

Ok, so maybe it is worth $50...

Nilryna fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 21, 2011

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So a little smaller but still fudgeable. That is honestly my biggest complaint over all the Iron Man figures put out by Hasbro is the limited articulation. They look great and have good sculpts but I can't really get them to look "fluid" a lot of the time.

Guess I know where some of my next paycheck is going. Still need to get a Professor Layton and a Duke Togo still too.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Today I got some bad and good toy news.

My buddy who was going to be getting two of the Bizarro vs Faker packs told me today that TRU hosed up his address and UPS is returning them to TRU as undeliverable. He'll get refunded, but there's no way to get the correct address put on the package and the figures turned around again (UPS requires the sender to make address changes during delivery, and TRU has a policy against doing that because it costs a few bucks), meaning we'll have to either wait for them to restock (fat chance) or track them down for rape prices. So that's pretty goddam infuriating.

On the flip side, I contacted HobbyLink Japan about the broken Revoltech Iron Man and they're going to send me a replacement for free, which is amazingly awesome considering the Mark IV is a Figure Oh! magazine exclusive and about $15 more than the Mark VI. They even told me to keep the broken one, rather than return it. Color me impressed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

Today I got some bad and good toy news.

My buddy who was going to be getting two of the Bizarro vs Faker packs told me today that TRU hosed up his address and UPS is returning them to TRU as undeliverable. He'll get refunded, but there's no way to get the correct address put on the package and the figures turned around again (UPS requires the sender to make address changes during delivery, and TRU has a policy against doing that because it costs a few bucks), meaning we'll have to either wait for them to restock (fat chance) or track them down for rape prices. So that's pretty goddam infuriating.

On the flip side, I contacted HobbyLink Japan about the broken Revoltech Iron Man and they're going to send me a replacement for free, which is amazingly awesome considering the Mark IV is a Figure Oh! magazine exclusive and about $15 more than the Mark VI. They even told me to keep the broken one, rather than return it. Color me impressed.

This same poo poo happened to a guy I know with the Rodimus exclusive. TRU are dicks.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sanschel posted:

...Can I have the broken one? :D

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HOT TOYS ANNOUNCED BATMAN 89 ON FACEBOOK! I'm at work so I can't post pics but oh gently caress, we knew it was coming because of the Joker but confirmation feels so nice.

Going to be loving EXPENSIVE year for me. Superman, Predator, Joker, Batman and MAYBE the Batmobile.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

These are the shots, used my iPhone for pics. So excited!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anyone need Albino Dr. Strange?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joker 89 Promo shots.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Absolutely. PM pending sent!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Found these for $4 a pop.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Found Lion-O at TRU.. the last "Classics" Lion-O left!

Can't wait for Cheetara!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Snacksmaniac posted:

Second dibs if moths doesn't want it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Ka0 posted:

Found these for $4 a pop.

What store were those at?

I recently found Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 for $4.50 at Wal-mart. It seems a lot of stores are clearancing stuff out now to make room for Christmas stuff.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Mom'n'pop store downtown. They also had Exosphere mission Iron Man but I thought it was too pricey, although its colour scheme is really nice.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Better shot of Batman, apparently March 2012, get your pennies saved now!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So many tiny accessories to be lost forever. I cant wait!

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So it seems Mattel is exploring the idea of raising prices for single figures for people who don't have subscriptions.

Meaning you're going to wind up paying more for the same product you've allready been buying with no added changes or benefit.

http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2092

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
As far as I can tell, this is only (currently) applicable to DCUC. It seems perfectly reasonable to me. The three options are:

1) Pay a subscription, get each figure for less, but be locked in to buy some figures you may not want. (More expensive overall, no risk of missing anything, decent chance of unwanted figures.)
2) Buy a la carte, pay more for each figure, but get only the figures you want. (Less expensive overall, some risk of missing figures due to mattycollector nonsense, no risk of figures you don't want.)
3) Series canceled, buy nothing whether you like it or not. (Costs nothing, zero risk of unwanted figures, zero figures to choose from. The Internet wins!)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DCUC is already not selling at $15 each, this whole thing is stupid.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

Better shot of Batman, apparently March 2012, get your pennies saved now!

I haven't bought any tat in ages, think maybe MP Grimlock was the last thing I got. I've seen all these glorious Hot Toys things come and go, despite being very tempted on many occasions.

THAT, however, I'll stump up for because, even though the film isn't all that, I love the hell out of Keaton's Batman and that representation looks glorious.

The only problem is I just know they'll do a Returns suit one next year, won't they? drat.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was there much of a difference between them? I think the chest changed a bit.

These are a great investment tho, you won't regret it. They are using the DX series of heads, where the eyes move based on how you tilt the head. Adds so much more realism. Also know Hot Toys never re-issues these, so once they are gone, that is pretty much it.

Rarely will they do it, I personally have only seen the Predator stuff and that might be a rare time as it was based on another license (Predator 1 vs Predators).

I got really excited seeing that some of the bits clip to the belt. :D

Also, my Joker is always going to be in this pose, "Come on, you gruesome son of a bitch!!!!"

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 26, 2011

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I think the Joker looks even better.

Some more shots over here.

But as much as I like classic Batman, they're both out of my budget since I'm waiting on their classic Predator.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Today is Tim Burtons birthday by the way, coincidence?! :o

EDIT: These aren't due till March 2012, you have some time to save. $100 every 2 weeks is plenty of time.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yeah, use some place that has a layaway or other sort of payment plan, like Sideshow's FlexPlay, which has either of them for $80 a month for three months. It's a bit easier to swallow $260 if you don't have to pay it all at once. I've actually had to hold off getting any Hot Toys for a long time due to finances, but I think I'll have to bite the bullet for that Joker, he's just amazing.

Unrelated topic: for anybody with a Marvel Legends Mojo, is there any way to remove the two halves of his mechanical chassis? I've been sorting through my old figures and two of the crab legs on one side have snapped and the chassis pieces seem pretty cheap to buy on their own, but I need to figure out if I can even separate them so I only buy one or if I should just get both sides.

liquidswordz
Mar 21, 2003
That Batman had better have no neck articulation.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Is anyone still collecting JLU? The Golden Age Green Lantern/Flash/Hawkman and Animal Man/Adam Strange/Starman 3-packs will be on Mattycollector on September 15th, and then the final 7-pack with Dr. Mid-Nite, Crimson Avenger, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, Gypsy, Speedy, and Creeper will be available in November.

My question is about display cases, particularly for JLU. Obviously they don't stand very well, and the expensive stands they briefly sold on Matty were worthless. My dream display case would be wall-mounted, with individual compartments for each figure and an acrylic or glass front that is hinged or slides off. Does anyone own anything like that, or know where I could get such a thing? I've seen an almost-perfect case like that, meant to hold 24 Star Wars figures, but the JLU figures' shoulders are too wide to fit in those compartments.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Bandit64 posted:

I think the Joker looks even better.

Some more shots over here.

But as much as I like classic Batman, they're both out of my budget since I'm waiting on their classic Predator.
Even if I could afford it, I'm not buying a toy with a better suit than me :colbert:

I would kill my mother for it. Time to become a cam whore

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

liquidswordz posted:

That Batman had better have no neck articulation.

Hahahahah nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I bought a spare Generations Wheeljack for a friend and a MU Deadpool/Taskmaster pack. Now it's just sitting there unopened (my friend got the Wheeljack). If anyone wants it, it's yours for $28 shipping included (hopefully you're in the UK or US/Canada, makes no difference really)