Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I asked this earlier as well but didn't see a response: when I'm using the "Force thumbnails for ALL images" option, could you exclude emoticons from that? When I mouseover the emoticons, I get stuff like this:

edit: vvv Mine just changed to that version as well.

webmeister fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Did I break something or is this the intended rendering?

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."
I'm getting that too. The older version was a lot better-looking.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah I think something is hosed up I get the same.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

Not sure when this came in, I haven't rolled out an update in ages and I know I merged a few pull requests. It's an easy tweak, I should be able to get to it this weekend.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

That came from my last update. I sent you a new request which changes that and also adds the ability to hide the who posted link.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Ferg posted:

There's so few users of that extension I was actually waiting to see if anybody asked. Yeah, it can be made an option.

Thanks! :shobon:

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

What are the page navigation keyboard shortcuts? I didn't see them listed in options or the OP.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

n: next post
m/p: previous post
j: next page
k/h: previous page
o: scroll to selected post
1: scroll to first post
0: scroll to last post
e: edit post
r: new reply
q: quote selected post

ESC: hide quick reply
m: toggle quick reply

on bookmarkthreads.php: hit b twice to open all unread threads
on any forum page: hit b three times to open all unread threads

ctrl+shift+t (command on mac): reopen closed tab

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
About making the SA icon better looking - I had nothing to do so I converted it to a high resolution transparent PNG - use it if you like.

Also, will the top bar stay the way it is now? I kinda prefered the previous look, ie. all the stuff being part of the blue bar at the top.

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 13, 2011

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

lordfrikk posted:

Also, will the top bar stay the way it is now? I kinda prefered the previous look, ie. all the stuff being part of the blue bar at the top.

I personally like it as it is now. Everything was too cluttered before. I am using the Fancy SA Forums extension, though, so I'm working with a fixed width. The "Who Posted?" link could be styled a bit better if anything. Maybe a button that matches the "Post/Reply" buttons?

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

I sent Ferg an update which moves the SALR bar back into the blue bar at the top. It does need to be separate for the Fancy SA extension but hopefully that will come when its ready.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New icon is sweet! I'll swap them out.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have a weird problem with user notes.

In every other post of his on that page, the note appears, but not that one.

Here's a link to the post:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3427893&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=42#post394368707

And it is the same poster, not just one with a slightly different name.

e: Also, if you choose to only show his posts in the thread (using the ?), that post is also without the note :confused:

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 14, 2011

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I haven't been using my (Windows 7 64-bit) laptop for about a month, but after updating it looks like a lot of stuff is broken. On Chrome 14, the first thing I noticed was the bar at the top that Martytoof mentioned, but also double-clicking to expand/collapse threads isn't working, I can't reply to threads at all without disabling SALR, and images won't expand or open when I click on them. Is anyone else having issues like this, or is this more likely at my end?

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
I think I'm having a note problem, too- I can't add any new ones. Admittedly I use this feature a ton (I like to make one whenever someone says something particularly funny or insightful or whatever :shobon:), so I was wondering if it was some sort of note limit kicking in or something?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Reply and Quote buttons no longer work today :( Wondering if it's just me or anyone else.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mister Fister posted:

Reply and Quote buttons no longer work today :( Wondering if it's just me or anyone else.

Neither does Open Updated Threads or collapsible quotes. And the problem is in beta, despite first showing in dev, and surviving a profile wipe.

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet
Bug:

The SALR extension hides my saved login info in Chrome when I go to log in to the forum. My username and password pops up briefly, but then disappears. Disabling the extension fixes it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Further to this, if I adblock 219.css in YOSPOS then the top bar becomes unreadably black.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Martytoof posted:

Further to this, if I adblock 219.css in YOSPOS then the top bar becomes unreadably black.

Then don't adblock 219.css :colbert:

I mean, they've been updating SALR to improve the look in YOSPOS for those who use it, and there's no way I can think of to detect if that stylesheet's being adblocked and change the text back to how it looks elsewhere. I guess they could add an option to disable 219.css in SALR itself, if enough people want it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Well, I'm just throwing that out there. Some people don't like 219.css, and the new header arguably looks poor, so I thought I'd mention it in the same breath.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Mister Fister posted:

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Neither does Open Updated Threads or collapsible quotes

It seems like something added on the server side is breaking things most of the time. The bookmark and thread rating buttons are broken as well with all extensions disabled.

Martytoof posted:

the new header arguably looks poor

I sent Ferg a fix for the gray bar several days ago and will be gone next time he updates.

Martytoof posted:

if I adblock 219.css in YOSPOS then the top bar becomes unreadably black

For shame. (also already fixed)

Sneaking Mission fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 19, 2011

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
If you're having issues with clicking buttons/links/whatever not working, try adblocking this:
http://pixel.indieclick.com/annonymous/domain/somethingawful.com/reach/script_ic.js

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Anal Volcano posted:

If you're having issues with clicking buttons/links/whatever not working, try adblocking this:
http://pixel.indieclick.com/annonymous/domain/somethingawful.com/reach/script_ic.js

This fixed the issue for me, thanks!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sneaking Mission posted:

I sent Ferg a fix for the gray bar several days ago and will be gone next time he updates.

For shame. (also already fixed)

Yeah I've got this but have been bogged down like whoa with work stuff. Which is sad because all it takes is a quick bump of the version number and zipping it up, but yeah, I'll get this out soon.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Anal Volcano posted:

Yeah, this looks like it's fixed all the issues for me too. Thanks!

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.

Anal Volcano posted:

Fixed the note thing, thanks! (You mean it wasn't an arbitrary note limit? I'm vaguely disappointed because it means I'm that dumb for thinking it!)

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just rolled out v1.4.2 with all of Sneaking Missions bug fixes.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

New header looks great! Fantastic job, guys :)

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
What's the reason that right clicks are blocked again? I remember it being some specific layering issue but I don't remember what

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

RickoniX posted:

What's the reason that right clicks are blocked again? I remember it being some specific layering issue but I don't remember what
I think it was mouse gestures.

vvv⁻⁻⁻ Oh, sorry then.

dont skimp on the shrimp fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 20, 2011

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Zom Aur posted:

I think it was mouse gestures.

I know that, I mean why they don't work like FF SALR (mouse gestures on hold, context menu on release)

tasslex
Apr 23, 2003

He's watching YOU

RickoniX posted:

I know that, I mean why they don't work like FF SALR (mouse gestures on hold, context menu on release)
I was just looking at this thread for the answer to the same question - I have mouse gestures turned on but as a result apparently I can't right-click the forums at all.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tasslex posted:

I was just looking at this thread for the answer to the same question - I have mouse gestures turned on but as a result apparently I can't right-click the forums at all.

True fact, i worked tirelessly to make this the default behavior when originally writing the feature and after hearing numerous complaints havent been able to reverse the behavior. I will look into it when I have a chance.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Is it just me or is the next page keyboard shortcut broken? All other keyboard shortcuts are working fine, just the j=next page one does nothing. I've tried on two different computers and it seemed to start on both of them when the last update came out.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

creationist believer posted:

Is it just me or is the next page keyboard shortcut broken? All other keyboard shortcuts are working fine, just the j=next page one does nothing. I've tried on two different computers and it seemed to start on both of them when the last update came out.

It's not just you. It affects me on all of my machines and has been like this for as long as I can remember.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
This is what fixed that for me when I had this issue a while back.

crm posted:

Ran into a weird issue where if I enabled

"Replace first and last page links with links to the first three and last three pages of thread"

the "J" keyboard navigation didn't work; however "H" and "K" (back) did.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

fourwood posted:

This is what fixed that for me when I had this issue a while back.

Thanks, this fixed it! I like having the Last page link instead of the last 3 pages links better anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Would it be possible for it to prevent image loading in already-read posts? Would make catching up in pic threads a lot easier.

• Locked thread