Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

Was there much of a difference between them? I think the chest changed a bit.

These are a great investment tho, you won't regret it. They are using the DX series of heads, where the eyes move based on how you tilt the head. Adds so much more realism. Also know Hot Toys never re-issues these, so once they are gone, that is pretty much it.

Rarely will they do it, I personally have only seen the Predator stuff and that might be a rare time as it was based on another license (Predator 1 vs Predators).

I got really excited seeing that some of the bits clip to the belt. :D

Christ, looking at the accessories, it even has the funky little pop-out palm thing he nailed that flying kung fu goon in the balls with.

Regarding the Returns suit, it's less densely black (more of a midnight blue), has the classic oval design, the cape hangs differently and the torso part isn't sculpted, just straight up 'armour plating'* in the mid-section.

* Well, for armour plating, see funky rubber ridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think I might just go in for the 89 Joker.

It will be my second Hot Toy (first being the Bank Robber Joker from TDK) but holy poo poo are the expensive.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, these are heavy burdens on credit cards. I only have the first Joker from Begins, bank robber Joker and Kevin Flynn so far. I wanted a Sam Flynn but it was just way to much but gently caress, that lightcycle would rule.

EDIT: I got to look at the Sam Flynn one last time, only $50 more than the Joker figure... gently caress.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

You know, Mattel's lovely business practices and constant jerking around of its customer base aside, I think we can all take solace in the knowledge that they aren't part of some shady conglomerate with Disney & Walmart that uses Chinese sweatshops which force employees to work an average of 120 hours overtime a month, ignore chemical and machine injuries, pay off employees to lie to investigators, tries to cover up employee suicides, and uses child labor.

Oh wait.

I think the bestworst is this quote at the end from the International Council of Toy Industries (which sounds like the name of a plastics Illuminati cabal in some crappy young adult spy thriller), which reads as if it's almost condoning these working conditions:

quote:

Sacom's findings brought a rebuke from the International Council of Toy Industries' Care Foundation. "We are the first to concede that much more work lies ahead of us, but we refuse to accept the sensationalist, media-oriented declarations of any group, especially when they are carping and filled with incorrect information. It is simply counter-productive," the foundation said.

"The plain truth is that workers in many toy factories in China are better off now than they were before and that this is due in considerable part to the ICTI Care Process."

"Yes, the conditions are poo poo, but gently caress you people and your witch hunt, do you know how bad it had to be for this to be an improvement? You can thank us for that." :psyduck:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I'll be checking out Toy Hunters in HK, is there any other major toy stores I should be aware of out here? I'd really like to find a place with a wide selection of Revoltech also.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 30, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So Matty can't be all that bad, I'm getting a new Skeletor with the head hopefully facing the front. They didn't say anything about returning the one I have, so when I get the package here and there is still nothing I'll offer it to someone here.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They don't make you return stuff. My Megator was missing his ball and chain and they sent me a new one. So now I can display both heads!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Went to Toy Hunters in Hong Kong (official sellers of Hot Toys out here) and everything Iron Man was sold out or pre-order only. It seemed like everything I wanted was unavailable so it was a disappointment.

Still picked up the Revoltech Iron Man M4 and Revoltech Proffesor Layton from shops nearby.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just when you thought DCU couldn't get any higher...

quote:

Hi DC Universe Club Infinite Earths fans!

We have some good newscthe 2012 DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program is moving forward! As you know, we did not hit the number of subscribers we were seeking for the club, but we know that there are some very passionate DC Universe fans, so we found a way to make the program work.

Current subscribers will get 6 and oversized figures according to the schedule that was originally communicated at San Diego Comic Con and online. All figures that have been revealed will be part of the subscription program.

In order to make the program work, we needed to raise prices for day-of sales. So if you are NOT a subscriber, you will be paying more for the figures on the day of the sale. The good news for subscribers is that you are locked in at the subscription rates previously advertised.

And the even better news is that we are exploring re-opening the subscription program for a limited window of time. Wefve heard fans online posting that they wish that they had subscribed, so now youfll get that chance. Be on the lookout for more details and dates next week.

We still have more good news, we are excited to reveal the winning club exclusive figurecMetron! So all of the subscribers will get their very own Metron, along with his Mobius Chair!

All of this good news will hopefully mean a fabulous start to the weekend for all of the DC Universe fans!

-FanGirl 2.0

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Lol, they're opening the sub again by making people feel bad. What a piece of work. As soon as the GB line ends, I'm done with MattyCollector poo poo.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Don't think they won't do this to MOTUC non-subbers next year.

That's why they keep beating us over the head with "sub sales are down this year."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just when I though there couldn't be another nail in the coffin, they hit me with another.
I think I'm gonna gut my JLA/Legion dolls and just be done with this hobby.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I'd buy more DCU toys if they weren't ugly, poorly painted sculpts of characters I don't like!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

This is still available to anyone who wants the Alien or Predator!!

Xenomrph posted:

So I want the NECA Alien/Predator two-pack they released as a TRU exclusive a while back.

Problem is, I only want it for the Alien and Predator skull accessories. I already have both the Alien and Predator figures from the pack and I don't particularly want duplicates.

So if I got the 2-pack, would anyone here be interested in taking either the Alien or Predator off my hands at a discount in order to help me subsidize the cost of the pack? I'm talking maybe :10bux: for each (and then shipping). They'd be essentially brand new, right out of the pack.
Looking for $12.50 for each (and then shipping). The Alien and Predator are still in the packaging, I haven't even removed the twist-ties. Any takers? :rodimus:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm thrilled the DCUC club is going to happen! I didn't subscribe because I'm a cherry-picker, and entire waves have passed where I haven't wanted a single character. But I'm happy for the subscribers and completists, and I won't mind paying a little extra on the rare chance a character I do want gets made (at this point, pretty much The Shade, Fire, and Ice, maybe Rocket Red).

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It sucks that it's probably going to be at least 30 shipped for a $10 figure for non subscribers.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

It sucks that it's probably going to be at least 30 shipped for a $10 figure for non subscribers.

Before we panic about that, I think a lot of subscribers won't want every figure, and will probably be happy to sell things at cost to non-subscribers on forums like Fwoosh, AFI, Toy Buzz, and even here.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Even then, 20-25 shipped is too much for a doll that was high at $15 retail.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

On top of that, one that was basically the same body with a new head.

And no more collect and connect piece either.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
They really need to come up with a new loving model. Having this only work if people buy your entire wave in one shot (else your hosed with 3x price) is dumb. I don't see other toy lines having this severe a problem.

The figures aren't good enough to justify getting all of them (imo).

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I do want Ivy though, but if it turns out like that last female fig...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The only things I buy from DCU are Batman characters. And even then I have a bit of a complex about it because of how badly they gouge for the product.

I also bought Riddler, and forgot that DCU heads don't come off ... tried to pull it off and broke it :(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
What is a good Guile figure, I was leaning towards the Neca release but the headsculpt kinda ruins it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ka0 posted:

What is a good Guile figure, I was leaning towards the Neca release but the headsculpt kinda ruins it.

Sota had a really great Street Fighter line a number of years ago, and lucky you, standard Guile is one of the less expensive ones to grab on the secondary market (unlike say their non-transparent green Blanka, who you'd be lucky to find for less than $70, and routinely upwards of $100, or M. Bison who goes for $150+). In fact, just searching Google Shopping, here's one for $11.

There's also a Revoltech Guile that I hear is pretty nice, but good luck getting him for a reasonable price.

Then there's the 3.75" SF two-packs that Jazzwares is coming out with later this year, which look like poo poo (not surprising considering their Mortal Kombat figures are also poo poo).

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Thanks, it looks rather nice and is pretty reasonably priced too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sanschel posted:

Sota had a really great Street Fighter line a number of years ago, and lucky you, standard Guile is one of the less expensive ones to grab on the secondary market (unlike say their non-transparent green Blanka, who you'd be lucky to find for less than $70, and routinely upwards of $100, or M. Bison who goes for $150+). In fact, just searching Google Shopping, here's one for $11.

There's also a Revoltech Guile that I hear is pretty nice, but good luck getting him for a reasonable price.

Then there's the 3.75" SF two-packs that Jazzwares is coming out with later this year, which look like poo poo (not surprising considering their Mortal Kombat figures are also poo poo).

Holy poo poo it's time to dig out my SF dolls to sell.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

Holy poo poo it's time to dig out my SF dolls to sell.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing about the Cammy figure I have lying around. I bought it on sale at some point and threw in my box for "figures to customize later." Back when I had money I'd snap up anything reasonably priced that had good articulation and throw it on the scrap heap. Female figures that aren't crap are especially hard to find.

Turns out Cammy doesn't go for big bucks on ebay though, especially not loose, so I guess she stays in the pile.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So I've had a SOTA green Blanka in my closet for years and I had no idea they were rare. After doing a quick ebay search I found this guy listed on ebay. I bought mine at a Gamestop, is he some kind of variant that's slightly different from the normal green one or is this guy just trying to create a fake variant just to jack up the price?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

So I've had a SOTA green Blanka in my closet for years and I had no idea they were rare. After doing a quick ebay search I found this guy listed on ebay. I bought mine at a Gamestop, is he some kind of variant that's slightly different from the normal green one or is this guy just trying to create a fake variant just to jack up the price?

It's a legitimate variant. There was a Gamestop version that was a somewhat darker green and his hair was more red than orange. They were randomly mixed with all Gamestop SF figure shipments, and all of the Round 2 figures had one (and a few of the Round 3), and a lot of them had really small production runs (something like 1000 figures). It's not guaranteed that if you bought one from Gamestop that it was the olive green variant, but it was the only place you'd find one.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Took a pic of my NECA Elder Predator, made him a custom Bio-helmet from a re-painted Mcfarlane P2 helmet. I can't wait for the rest of the lost hunters.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So I'm pretty sure I've got the olive Blanka. Here's a pic:

His bubble is slightly bent on the upper corner (hard to see in this pic). If that's not a big deal anyone interested in buying this off me can feel free to message me (contact in profile).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I always liked the Rhesaurus figures, I had a Evil Ryu (from ToyFair) and Akuma P1, great molds and paint apps. Altho Ryu doesn't stand at all. :3:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Sanschel posted:

It's a legitimate variant. There was a Gamestop version that was a somewhat darker green and his hair was more red than orange. They were randomly mixed with all Gamestop SF figure shipments, and all of the Round 2 figures had one (and a few of the Round 3), and a lot of them had really small production runs (something like 1000 figures). It's not guaranteed that if you bought one from Gamestop that it was the olive green variant, but it was the only place you'd find one.

Do you know if Balrog (boxer) and Chun-Li are stupid-expensive?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ka0 posted:

Do you know if Balrog (boxer) and Chun-Li are stupid-expensive?

You can check for yourself, I'm just looking up this stuff on ebay, Google shopping, and Amazon. I just happen to know about the Sota stuff because I used to have a bunch of them, but I sold them off a few years ago and have regretted that since, so I keep my eyes on prices and try to nab things when they're selling for stupid cheap (thank god for auctions that end in the middle of the night).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I have always wanted to get at least a Ken and Ryu P1 from the SOTA line but I can never justify spending that much on them.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Lol Balrog goes for $130. I bought Dhalsim, he was 10 bucks.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I've got Chun-Li, Sakura, and Ibuki, and none of them were terribly expensive.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Lol Balrog goes for $130. I bought Dhalsim, he was 10 bucks.

More like around $30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sota-Street-Fighter-Balrog-Figure-NEW-/150655671457?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2313c71ca1

One someone listed that high but no one bought it.

You guys had me all excited that SOTA stuff was going for more than it really was, cause I've been sitting on a boatload of these things I never felt it was worth to get rid of on ebay because the prices never really justified selling them off. Going by ebay, the only ones worth much are the Gouken and S2 Gamestop variants.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 4, 2011

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Has anyone else gotten the Mattel Arkham City Batman/Two-Face 2-pack? I usually get DC direct (I like the larger scale and the minimal articulation), but the Batman in this set is really well done, and is probably my favorite Batman figure for right now.

The figure is a larger size than most Mattel DC stuff (he's only like a slight fraction smaller than the DC direct Arkham Asylum Batman), the suit design looks great, and the texture on the grey portions of the suit is awesome. And due to the sort of "armored" and layered look of the batsuit, the articulation does not hurt the sculpt in the way a plain and more simpler sculpted suit would. He fits right in, and looks great next to the DC direct Arkham Asylum Joker.

I see they are re-releasing this sculpt again as a TRU exclusive bonus with the new game, with a Blue coloration and yellow Oval bat-symbol. I hope they re-release this figure with the black deco again as a single-pack, maybe with a batarang and new hands to hold it. The Two-Face is okay, but the face seems like it could use some more detailing.

DC direct's eventual Arkham City Batman figure may replace this figure for me, but for right now, this has replaced the Batman Inc. figure as my main display Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

That 2-pack looked pretty good, but $30 is a lot for me to spend on 2 figures all at once. I was only interested in two-face, but it sounds like Batman is good as well.