Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

Just got a Bricklink order for a 7674-1... in Sweden.

I've never shipped internationally before, where do I start?
Is the USPS the cheapest?

I was pricing shipping some Pixelbricks to Finland, and no matter how I tried, I couldn't get FedEx or UPS under $70, and I was only guessing on dimensions and weight.
USPS, on the other hand, had a similarly-sized flat-rate box going to Finland for like $16. I haven't actually done it yet since I haven't heard back from the guy, but still. Even with my dad's huge employee discount for FedEx, USPS would be cheaper according to the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Buying one of those new Millennium Falcons to throw in my closet and appreciate for a year, good idea/bad idea?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

I was pricing shipping some Pixelbricks to Finland, and no matter how I tried, I couldn't get FedEx or UPS under $70, and I was only guessing on dimensions and weight.
USPS, on the other hand, had a similarly-sized flat-rate box going to Finland for like $16. I haven't actually done it yet since I haven't heard back from the guy, but still. Even with my dad's huge employee discount for FedEx, USPS would be cheaper according to the website.

THANK YOU!

Yeah, looks like USPS is cheapest, $22.17.

Network42 posted:

Buying one of those new Millennium Falcons to throw in my closet and appreciate for a year, good idea/bad idea?

Yes, but might need to be more then 1 year. Typically, I set the price where I want to, and put in on Bricklink, and just wait for my price to be the cheapest. Some prices go up faster then others.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Network42 posted:

Screw THAT, the super star destroyer apparently just came out, according to the newsletter. :supaburn:

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'm a huge Warhammer/Warmachine nerd and these pictures gave me a nerd boner. I've never seen pictures of what a Brikwars game looked like until now and it's just as I pictured.

Calvinball + Warhammer + LEGO, it is da best.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Torael_7 posted:

Screw THAT, the super star destroyer apparently just came out, according to the newsletter. :supaburn:

The Lego Store near me had them on the shelf today.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I bought a Millennium Falcon today at toys R us due to the 25% off sale. I chose between it and the Frigate, and I really like the Falcon. 3 hours to build, and I wish it had been longer.

Then this happened

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 27, 2011

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Then this happened

Just a mynock, probably chewing on the power cables.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Any goon want a Series 5 Detective and want to trade? Bought four yesterday and got duplicates of this guy.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Found some series 5 in the Lego store in Ontario, CA yesterday, so they're rolling them out in the US a bit before September 1 it seems. I also have an extra Jane Goodall, if someone wants to trade (I already have a detective though, sorry).

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
You guys could be making a lot of money from you moc lamps!

http://feldmonicus.com/?page_id=382

Additionally: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/design/lego-kitchen-098757

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
I did a quick run to TRU today and got a few more S4 minifigs. I only have 3 missing now, the punk rocker, the surfer chick and the mad scientist. I want him so badly but I can never find him and don't want to look too creepy feeling up minifig packets for 2 hours.

The dwarf and the hazmat guy are pretty awesome

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

CADPAT posted:

I did a quick run to TRU today and got a few more S4 minifigs. I only have 3 missing now, the punk rocker, the surfer chick and the mad scientist. I want him so badly but I can never find him and don't want to look too creepy feeling up minifig packets for 2 hours.

The dwarf and the hazmat guy are pretty awesome

The mad scientist has squishy rubber hair so you should be able to find with a minimum of fondling.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So, I decided that I'm finally going to start playing Brikwars and get a bunch of my friends into it and I'm going to be building my army based on Metalocalypse. I'm not sure, though, how I'm going to make Mustakrakish (Mostly with Technic pieces, I've decided). Anyone have advice?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xenophon posted:

Well I didn't want Lego hassling SA's mods, but it should be fine if they don't have the set # (all of which were five digits, starting with 10, like the other exclusives):

Kingdoms Joust
Town Hall
R2-D2
Sopwith Camel
B-Wing

Sopwith Camel sounds dreamy...

Wanna see that B-Wing. And the Camel.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES

Eox posted:

So, I decided that I'm finally going to start playing Brikwars and get a bunch of my friends into it and I'm going to be building my army based on Metalocalypse. I'm not sure, though, how I'm going to make Mustakrakish (Mostly with Technic pieces, I've decided). Anyone have advice?

I have no clue, but when you do I'd kill to see it!

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Eox posted:

It all depends on the size you want to take it. Once you decide that, you need to investigate if it'll be possible to recreate its horns, its identifying design feature, which will be the most difficult task.

You can bend things up and down using hinges, but getting the twist is... well, the twist.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Then this happened

You need to build a gecko for your gecko. Now! (I happen to know a guy, who knows a guy. If you know what I mean.)
I'm going to forgo the "Yo, Dog" meme. Wait. poo poo.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Apparently it's called the Lollipop-Destroyer-Inator. I was impressed.

And by impressed I mean impressed it didn't collapse.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Gravy Jones posted:

Lollipop-Destroyer-Inator.

I hope it has decent Platypi traps.

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
Finally found season 5 at a TRU in Mississippi. Picked up a full set with extras of several. Also picked up quite a few Star Wars sets at a thrift shop nearby.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

IGNORE MY POSTS posted:

Also picked up quite a few Star Wars sets at a thrift shop nearby.

You loving suck. I've been looking for Lego at thrift stores forever, and have never found anything.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Revol posted:

You loving suck. I've been looking for Lego at thrift stores forever, and have never found anything.

Me neither. I found a crappy half-complete racing set once at a Goodwill, but otherwise I haven't seen Lego in any thrift store.

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Revol posted:

I've done reasonably well in charity shops in the UK. An original X-Wing (not 100% but still had the Luke and R2 minis), a droid fighter (sealed box), a couple of larger Racers sets and one of the Exo-Force mechs, plus the entire 2009 Daily Mirror set in the collector's box. Each of those was between £1 and £3. That's over a period of about 2 years.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Box of Series 5 at Fred Meyer in Washington. I thought these weren't due out till September.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

The Rage posted:

Box of Series 5 at Fred Meyer in Washington. I thought these weren't due out till September.

My Toys R Us in Bellevue has had 'em for at least a week or two.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dresh posted:

My Toys R Us in Bellevue has had 'em for at least a week or two.

Well poo poo! Got the Gladiator and Cleopatra on my first pulls, just need the Gangster now.

phybersyko
Dec 8, 2003
When hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth.
I'm looking to trade two Cave Women for a Gladiator and a Zookeeper. Packages are open, but unassembled, with instructions. I'm in St. Louis, Missouri so if you wanna meet and trade, I'm cool with that.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I now have an extra Lizard Man in addition to my duplicate Detective, in case anyone still wants to trade.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

phybersyko posted:

I'm looking to trade two Cave Women for a Gladiator and a Zookeeper. Packages are open, but unassembled, with instructions. I'm in St. Louis, Missouri so if you wanna meet and trade, I'm cool with that.

illcendiary posted:

I now have an extra Lizard Man in addition to my duplicate Detective, in case anyone still wants to trade.

I have an extra Zookeeper, clown, and eskimo if either of you (or anyone else) is interested. Opened, assembled, no packaging, mailed from California. PM me at your leisure

e: Also I made a 4-piece still life:

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 29, 2011

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
My birthday today and my friend got me a present :)

... I'm 24.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

MMMCCLI posted:

... I'm 24.

And just how old do you think everyone else in this thread is?
We're all man(and woman)children.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MMMCCLI posted:

My birthday today and my friend got me a present :)

... I'm 24.

Any friend who buys Lego for birthdays is a friend worth keeping.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Any friend who buys Lego for birthdays is a friend worth keeping.

Girlfriend gave me that robot Lego game yesterday. Definitely worth keeping.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

Girlfriend gave me that robot Lego game yesterday. Definitely worth keeping.

Duh. Who gets rid of Legos?

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:

Sexual Lorax posted:

Duh. Who gets rid of Legos?

Someone was telling be that their parents threw out a huge bin of Lego.

Sadness.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

CADPAT posted:

Someone was telling be that their parents threw out a huge bin of Lego.

Sadness.

My parents sold mine, which was just as bad.

I went on a $900 binge a few weeks back (far more reasonable and storable than that $7500 collection I posted...) to jump start things and make up for it though. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So I bought a tin of Lego at a car boot sale for 50p full of little creator sets (the ones that come in bags), and amongst them is this guy:

All the others I've taken apart, but I love this little blue whale so much, he's staying complete.

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

The_Doctor posted:

So I bought a tin of Lego at a car boot sale for 50p full of little creator sets (the ones that come in bags), and amongst them is this guy:
That tin was probably the 2009 Mirror collection (either 12 or 13 models IIRC). I got two copies of the whale but one of the others was missing.

If it was the whole collection, you managed to beat me, I paid £1.50 for mine. I really need to start getting to boot sales again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dame Cook posted:

That tin was probably the 2009 Mirror collection (either 12 or 13 models IIRC). I got two copies of the whale but one of the others was missing.

If it was the whole collection, you managed to beat me, I paid £1.50 for mine. I really need to start getting to boot sales again.

Boot sales can be good and bad. My parents bought me some 'Lego' at a boot sale recently. It turned out to be some horrible knockoff that had trouble sticking to itself, let alone joining to Lego. There were some bits of actual Lego in there, I managed to find 99% of this NBA Lego set and some of a droid fighter. Oh, and 2 very odd looking mini-figs and a loving huge yellow cockpit. I've been meaning to look those up.

EDIT: Oh, Jack Stone set 4617.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 30, 2011