Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Two movies I want the title for just because I want to stop trying to remember:

One is about a football player who is deaf. I remember the cover is of the main character, split in half, one half is him in his football outfit, the other is in "normal" clothes.

The other is about a man and his dog who crash land in Alaska and have to deal with the wilderness. I think they get attacked by a bear or wolves, I forget.

Both movies are from before the late 90's, I think.

I don't remember a dog but the boy in A Cry in the Wild crashes in the Yukon and is attacked by a bear a couple times.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
I'm interested in finding two different movies.

The first would be a late 80's or early 90's animated kids movie. The main character was a boy and his anthropomorphic friends, possibly animals. The bad guys were some sort of creatures that had snouts like small elephant trunks and were the owners of an evil corporation headquartered in a skyscraper. I seem to remember the CEO of the evil corporation had an office that could move around the building like a giant elevator. The climax took place in an underground chasm on a ledge overlooking a waterfall and whirlpool that went down into some kind of abyss.

The other is an Indian movie from the mid 2000s, where a guy and girl had to pretend to be married to split renting an apartment and hate each other but later fall in love. She worked in an electronics or CD store in the mall. It was a typical wacky romantic comedy where they get into all kinds of ridiculous situations. There were a ton of subplots but the only one I can remember is some guy pretending to own a mansion when he's actually just house sitting. I was told by my coworkers that the title translated into something along the lines of 'chaos' or 'confusion'.

Action Andy
Feb 5, 2007

Out From Animals

Mammon Loves You posted:

I'm interested in finding two different movies.

The first would be a late 80's or early 90's animated kids movie. The main character was a boy and his anthropomorphic friends, possibly animals. The bad guys were some sort of creatures that had snouts like small elephant trunks and were the owners of an evil corporation headquartered in a skyscraper. I seem to remember the CEO of the evil corporation had an office that could move around the building like a giant elevator. The climax took place in an underground chasm on a ledge overlooking a waterfall and whirlpool that went down into some kind of abyss.

I think this might be The Raccoons and the lost star

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290273/

The bad guys look like this :

The whole film is on youtube here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvhsnDXlQk

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.
I'm looking for the documentary over the 9/11 attacks that was cut together from amateur footage of the event. No narration, just the raw footage in continuous real time. Might have been a TV doc. I remember the title having something to do with "two hours" maybe."

e: VVV No, not that one. It was cut together from lots and lots of footage over the whole city and was meant to cover the first two hours of the event contiguously. I remember specifically that when the second plane hit, we were seeing it from the point of view of two girls in an apartment a few blocks away. They were talking about the first hit, one might have been talking on the phone, and the one holding the camera actually missed filming the second hit, but their immediate reaction to it was the strength of the footage. An interesting editing choice.

e: Found it. 102 Minutes That Changed America. History Channel.

pill for your ills fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 26, 2011

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

pill for your ills posted:

I'm looking for the documentary over the 9/11 attacks that was cut together from amateur footage of the event. No narration, just the raw footage in continuous real time. Might have been a TV doc. I remember the title having something to do with "two hours" maybe."

Are you thinking of this one, about the firefighters?

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011

Action Andy posted:

I think this might be The Raccoons and the lost star

Yes! Those are definitely the characters I was thinking of. I didn't realize it was a series and probably mixed up details from various episodes. Thanks.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Slasherfan posted:

The second one sounds like Far From Home.

Mouser.. posted:

I don't remember a dog but the boy in A Cry in the Wild crashes in the Yukon and is attacked by a bear a couple times.

Wasn't about a kid. It was an older dude, with a beard, flying with his dog who crash land in the wilderness. I think the title of the movie had "survival instinct" in it or something.

Thejaff posted:

Not exactly late 90's, but Choices http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082172/ fits the bill. The Replacements http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191397/ also has a deaf football player but its not the main character.

Choices sounds like the one although all the covers I'm finding online have Demi Moore on them. :/

The only thing I remember is a scene where the kid is playing football and can't hear the coach's instructions due to his deafness, and like I said, the cover was of him. Maybe it was some UK-only cover as I got that VHS tape from a friend in the UK as a gift.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ZeeBoi posted:

The only thing I remember is a scene where the kid is playing football and can't hear the coach's instructions due to his deafness, and like I said, the cover was of him. Maybe it was some UK-only cover as I got that VHS tape from a friend in the UK as a gift.

Not Radio with Cuba Gooding Jr.?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316465/

He's retarded, not deaf. Granted, you didn't specify if this was highschool, college or pro-football, whether the player was black or white...

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Choices sounds like the one although all the covers I'm finding online have Demi Moore on them. :/

Is this the cover you are thinking of ?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I vaguely remember a scene from something my parents were watching a long time ago. There was a small group of armed guys, I think three, and they come to this house/cabin in a wooded area. Two of the guys go inside, one stays outside to stand guard or something. The two that go in start to rape a woman inside, but the third man comes in and shoots the guys he came with. I probably saw this sometime in the early 90s, so the movie would have been from around then/late 80s.

Morgan_
Dec 12, 2004
I watched a movie in school,(1998) but all I can remember is a red haired girl being instantly killed in a fight after getting hit with a chair, and at the end, the man she was with has now dyed his hair red, too. Thanks for any help.

themindisonfire
Feb 23, 2009
I'm looking for a film (or made for TV special) that had some kid locked up behind bars and there was a witch preparing to eat him. To prevent her from eating him, he told her some stories. Any clue?

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

themindisonfire posted:

I'm looking for a film (or made for TV special) that had some kid locked up behind bars and there was a witch preparing to eat him. To prevent her from eating him, he told her some stories. Any clue?

Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990)

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I remember seeing a film about a girl or girls who had psychic ability/psychokinesis or were witches. One of the girls had darker hair and they were in high school I believe. I think there was some hallucination scene in a lunch room at some point.

Other details:

I saw part of the movie on VHS ~1995. It was rented so it couldn't have been really obscure. From the look of the film it had to be from 1975-1979 I'm guessing. But it could've been early 70s I suppose. Also, I'm pretty sure it was rated R.

PS not Carrie.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Zogo posted:

I remember seeing a film about a girl or girls who had psychic ability/psychokinesis or were witches. One of the girls had darker hair and they were in high school I believe. I think there was some hallucination scene in a lunch room at some point.

Other details:

I saw part of the movie on VHS ~1995. It was rented so it couldn't have been really obscure. From the look of the film it had to be from 1975-1979 I'm guessing. But it could've been early 70s I suppose. Also, I'm pretty sure it was rated R.

PS not Carrie.

It sounds like "The Craft" but that's way too recent for the years you're talking about seeing it on VHS.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Zogo posted:

Other details:

PS not Carrie.

Are you thinking of this girl from Suspiria? It was about a coven of witches at a Ballet Academy.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Mouser.. posted:

Are you thinking of this girl from Suspiria? It was about a coven of witches at a Ballet Academy.

No, that's a decent guess though. (I've seen Suspiria).

I probably saw 30 minutes into the film and there wasn't much horror/violence from what I remember. It was more tension and mystery.

sikocilla
Aug 1, 2006
There was a movie I saw maybe 10 years ago where a young-ish guy (maybe high school) was slowly poisoning his parents with arsenic, or something like it. I think his mother's hair started falling out. And it was a British film. That's all I got...any ideas?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

sikocilla posted:

There was a movie I saw maybe 10 years ago where a young-ish guy (maybe high school) was slowly poisoning his parents with arsenic, or something like it. I think his mother's hair started falling out. And it was a British film. That's all I got...any ideas?
The Young Poisoner's Handbook.

vvv Ha-HAAA! vvv

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 29, 2011

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

sikocilla posted:

The Young Poisoners Handbook

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115033/

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I have these two scenes in my head and I'm sure that they are both from the same movie but I'll be damned if I can remember where they are from.

One is a young woman who has strict parents (I think religious) and catch her doing something and her mother forces her in a bathtub with scolding hot water and scrubs her skin raw trying to clean her.

The other is somebody tricking somebody by sticking coins in a candle and as it melts the coins drop on this other pile of coins it's used as a distraction to escape I think?

Any ideas?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

MisterGBH posted:

I have these two scenes in my head and I'm sure that they are both from the same movie but I'll be damned if I can remember where they are from.

One is a young woman who has strict parents (I think religious) and catch her doing something and her mother forces her in a bathtub with scolding hot water and scrubs her skin raw trying to clean her.

The other is somebody tricking somebody by sticking coins in a candle and as it melts the coins drop on this other pile of coins it's used as a distraction to escape I think?

Any ideas?

People Under the Stairs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105121/

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Elohssa Gib posted:

People Under the Stairs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105121/

Ah thanks!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Some adventure movie, the only scene I remember is the two protagonists, one man and one woman, who are trapped in the desert. Some adventuring later, they discover that the desert is an hour glass.
I saw this some time in the early 90's, so it's pretty old. Apparently, Night at the Museum 2 has a similar scene, but the hourglass in question is far larger (large enough to pose as the world to the two in question). I vaguely recall a character outside the hourglass, as well, but any further plot development is lost to me.

sikocilla
Aug 1, 2006

Carbuncle posted:

The Young Poisoner's Handbook.

vvv Ha-HAAA! vvv

Yes! Thank you! That's been bugging me for years.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

MisterGBH posted:

Woo, finally I can help someone out in one of these kinds of threads. The movie you're thinking of is Fistful of Flies. The whole film is on Youtube.

I also have two movies driving me nuts. The first one is easy: an 80s horror film about a girl whose heart is replaced by an artificial one which makes her turn into a some sort of silent zombie who just stares at people, not really reacting to anything. I think there were two young guys involved, causing her accidental death or something. The girl could've been a robot from the get-go too, though. I think the name was something like The Girl Next Door but that can't be it. Also, the VHS cover had a painting of a girl in her white pyjamas watching through a broken window with make-up and tears running over her face.
Edit: This is Deadly Friend, I managed to find it out myself.

The second one is a bit trickier. It's some doll horror movie from the 80s or really early 90s (I saw it in 1993). There's a small girl doll in a pink or purple dress going around killing people. I think one of the characters is killed off by putting their arm or hand into a sewing machine. I could swear the movie was translated to Noiduttu Nukke (Bewitched Doll) in Finnish but that google search turns up nada. I think the cover had the doll standing in a hallway with a knife in her hand, the whole color scheme being sort of blueish.
Edit: It was Dolly Dearest.

These Loving Eyes fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 30, 2011

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

These Loving Eyes posted:

The second one is a bit trickier. It's some doll horror movie from the 80s or really early 90s (I saw it in 1993). There's a small girl doll in a pink or purple dress going around killing people. I think one of the characters is killed off by putting their arm or hand into a sewing machine. I could swear the movie was translated to Noiduttu Nukke (Bewitched Doll) in Finnish but that google search turns up nada. I think the cover had the doll standing in a hallway with a knife in her hand, the whole color scheme being sort of blueish.
Edit: It was Dolly Dearest.

This?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104119/

edit: NM you beat me.

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
Friend just told me about a John Wayne film where he has to kill a ton of dudes but needs some help so he builds a wicked sick cowboy tank with guns & armor etc... Whats this film?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
The War Wagon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4id5_9II_Y

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Armyman25 posted:

The War Wagon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4id5_9II_Y

Wait, why have I never seen this?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I don't know, but you should. It's amazing.

fuzzyfeltarm
Feb 9, 2006

Touch my arm, It feels like felt. A patch of fuzz, above my belt.
Want to rewatch a film but really can't remember the title of it.

Its set in a walmart type place in America. The main character is a slacker who needs to become employee of the month to impress some girl. The main character and his friends have some private den hidden in the shelves of the place and i think they require a forklift or ladder to get into it.

I think one of the scenes of the film has the main character taking the girl on a date to where they work after it is closed for the night, and it has a bunch of fairy lights up?

Reminds me of Chuck and 40 year old virgin in the way the mise-en-scène is.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

fuzzyfeltarm posted:

Want to rewatch a film but really can't remember the title of it.

Its set in a walmart type place in America. The main character is a slacker who needs to become employee of the month to impress some girl. The main character and his friends have some private den hidden in the shelves of the place and i think they require a forklift or ladder to get into it.

I think one of the scenes of the film has the main character taking the girl on a date to where they work after it is closed for the night, and it has a bunch of fairy lights up?

Reminds me of Chuck and 40 year old virgin in the way the mise-en-scène is.
Employee of the Month?

fuzzyfeltarm
Feb 9, 2006

Touch my arm, It feels like felt. A patch of fuzz, above my belt.

computer parts posted:

Employee of the Month?

:suicide: Yeah that's it. Thanks. Simple title, not sure why i didn't remember that.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

fuzzyfeltarm posted:

:suicide: Yeah that's it. Thanks. Simple title, not sure why i didn't remember that.

Because it has the only accurate score on IMDB ever. The movie is so middle-of-the-road to the point that it's near totally forgettable.

Rocket Ace
Aug 11, 2006

R.I.P. Dave Stevens
Horror movies! Two of them, to be specific.

I only remember one short scene from each one because they were featured on some televised "best horror movie awards" tv special in the early 90s.

First one:

From a vampire movie from the 80s or early 90s.

Vampire dude is chewing on some lady's neck outside. She's screaming bloody murder. A bunch of guys come running out to see what all the commotion is about. When they find the vampire, he looks at them, laughing maniacally, his face all bloody.

Second one:

Woman is hiding in some spooky basement, mausoleum or crypt (can't remember if the surrounding walls were wooden or stone). She's hiding from some guy who I *think* is looking for her, but you can never see his face (always lit from behind, his front in shadow). He seems to stop looking and begins to tear his face off like a mask, either from the top of his scalp or from his forehead down.

These have been bugging me for YEARS. I'd love to find out what movies they're from!

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Vampire's Kiss with Nicolas Cage?

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

Rocket Ace posted:

First one:

From a vampire movie from the 80s or early 90s.

Vampire dude is chewing on some lady's neck outside. She's screaming bloody murder. A bunch of guys come running out to see what all the commotion is about. When they find the vampire, he looks at them, laughing maniacally, his face all bloody.

While I don't recall this exact scene, it could well be from Innocent Blood.

angels on horseback
Nov 9, 2008
Okay, I posted this earlier today in the "Find Lost Stuff" thread in GBS, and thinking about it has driven me to the point of near insanity, so I'm hoping the CinD Goons might better help me identify the movie that's been plaguing me for years.

This was either from Nickelodeon or Disney around the Halloween season, circa late 80's (87-89?). All I remember is there's a boy with a mirror in his bedroom. The boy's reflection would appear when he's in bed and start talking to him in a spooky voice, at one point saying, "[boy's name] is dead. And without him, I'll grow lonely. And if I grow lonely, I'll grow wicked." The boy seemed to know that the way to chase the evil reflection away was to twist the head of a carved wooden lion. I think at one point the lion gets lost? Or taken away? Or destroyed?

I swear to God, this movie is one of very, very few I've never been able to find for myself, and I'm beginning to think it was some sort of fever-dream brought on by first-grade chicken-pox or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuriel147
May 1, 2009
Okie dokie, this one's been killing me for years:

It's an 80s or very early 90s film set in the future about gangs of (I think) kids who rollerskate around. It's sort of Mad-Max-y, but a bit cleaner (hence the rollerskates work I guess). I think they have to band together to defeat an evil empire or something.

I seem to remember one of the characters having an owl that may have been killed at some point, and there was another scene where one of the characters, a man, is tortured on this round table type thing. The table was able to make you feel like certain things were happening, and one of the tortures was a shitload of ants.

Note: It's not the Mighty Ducks, I checked.