Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay, so I listened to some voice clips on the US Website for Overclocked and I'm trying to make out who some of the VAs are as this is another one of Atlus' games that doesn't list its VAs.

Atsuro - Spike Spencer
Yuzu - Melissa Fahn
Naoya - I'm almost certain it's Kyle Hebert.
Keisuke - I have no earthly idea.
Haru - I recognize this one but I can't remember her name.
Gin - No clue.
Amane - Laura Bailey? Why are you in everything?
Mari - I'm hearing Stephanie Sheh.
Tadashi - Travis Willingham.
Midori - Michelle Ruff? Why are you voicing this character so awkwardly?
Izuna - Karen Strassman
Fushimi - Patrick Seitz

So yeah, this is the best I've done so far in recognizing voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Baalster posted:

Midori - Michelle Ruff? Why are you voicing this character so awkwardly?

That's kind of crazy. Isn't that the exact opposite of her usual character typecast?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She has no character typecast, really. I've heard her casted as tomboys, little boys, nice girls, stoic girls, happy girls, Rukia from Bleach and so on.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
The English voice acting world doesn't exactly have a plethora of talent, so we tend to see certain people recycled again and again and again. And again and again.

And again.

I hate you, Yuri Lowenthal :argh:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Justice posted:

The English voice acting world doesn't exactly have a plethora of talent, so we tend to see certain people recycled again and again and again. And again and again.

And again.

At least there hasn't been a Dawn of War 2 style moment with him. Nothing like Steven J Blum and Steven J Blum joining forces to fight Steven J Blum.

Out of curiosity did the original novels ever get translated? I'm kind of curious to see how the megaten series started.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Len posted:

I'm kind of curious to see how the megaten series started.

Don't be.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Len posted:

At least there hasn't been a Dawn of War 2 style moment with him. Nothing like Steven J Blum and Steven J Blum joining forces to fight Steven J Blum.

Son please tell me you are not hating on Steven Jay Blum and praising Yuri Lowenthal in the same sentence? Because that's just dumb and horribly wrong.

Justice posted:

And again.

I feel you.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Baalster posted:

Son please tell me you are not hating on Steven Jay Blum and praising Yuri Lowenthal in the same sentence? Because that's just dumb and horribly wrong.

It's an "it could be worse" statement. Wrong because Steven J Blum owns, but yeah.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Len posted:

Out of curiosity did the original novels ever get translated? I'm kind of curious to see how the megaten series started.

Fan translation here

I've only read the first one and it's unfortunately rather schlock-y. Gods/demons raping girls/teachers the second they enter the human world. A loner nihilistic student must see the error of his ways to save the girl he's mysteriously fallen for. Blah blah. Not really recommended, but it's a very short read. e:The connection to MT as we know it is rather tenuous - it involves summoning spirits with computers but otherwise it seems the mythos are rather unrelated. You could, however, mistake it for bad MT fanfic.

The second one is supposedly much better and the first chapter definitely hints at that. (Both books are translated at the link)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 28, 2011

Sylphiel
Jun 19, 2006

Oh God I can't unthink it!

Baalster posted:

Naoya - I'm almost certain it's Kyle Hebert.

Kyle Hebert confirmed on his website/Twitter that he's Naoya.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A "major announcement about Persona 4" is coming soon

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
I kinda hope it's persona 4 remastered for the ps3 with extra doodads like fes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Oh really?

With the anime coming up I'm sorta excited at the possibility of this new game being a sequel. How much of the new audience would rush to buy a carbon copy (presumably) of the show they just watched in video game form.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Oh really?

With the anime coming up I'm sorta excited at the possibility of this new game being a sequel. How much of the new audience would rush to buy a carbon copy (presumably) of the show they just watched in video game form.

There's definitely a precedent set in the past for anime = new game/sequel but I'm kind of wary of it. The last time it happened, we got Valkyria Chronicles 2 which is the worst game in the franchise.

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

Agnostic watermelon posted:

I kinda hope it's persona 4 remastered for the ps3 with extra doodads like fes.

I'm so mad that someone actually posted that on another famous board as a gag.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justice posted:

Yuri Lowenthal is the best. gently caress you.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Axle_Stukov posted:

Yeah it's pretty much this, however there are a few brand new demons. On another note, what was Atlus thinking when they made the demon's voiced lines simply be generic grunts/sounds.

The reason is that the demons don't speak English/Japanese, they can only be understood by people with COMPs. All of the SMT games that use COMPs have been that way.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Come on Supercop Chie game!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Persona 4: The Anime: The Game :allears:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's just got to be a Dojima and Adachi buddy cop movie :colbert:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Rinkles posted:

Fan translation here

I've only read the first one and it's unfortunately rather schlock-y. Gods/demons raping girls/teachers the second they enter the human world. A loner nihilistic student must see the error of his ways to save the girl he's mysteriously fallen for. Blah blah. Not really recommended, but it's a very short read. e:The connection to MT as we know it is rather tenuous - it involves summoning spirits with computers but otherwise it seems the mythos are rather unrelated. You could, however, mistake it for bad MT fanfic.

The second one is supposedly much better and the first chapter definitely hints at that. (Both books are translated at the link)

It's definitely trashy fiction but it's still a fun light read so far - thanks for the link!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Justice posted:

And again.

Is it bad that I was very surprised not to see him in Baalster's list? :shobon:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm almost positive I heard his voice as some of the unnamed three line NPCs (one I recall was a shomenkai member) but I was surprised to not see him in a major role myself.

Jammer Jones
Jul 11, 2002

Member of the Yomiko Readman Fanboy Army!
I picked up Devil Survivor Overclocked last week and still have the original Devil Survivor. I've only played few hours on the older one, is there a need to really hang on to the original DS version?

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

Jammer Jones posted:

I picked up Devil Survivor Overclocked last week and still have the original Devil Survivor. I've only played few hours on the older one, is there a need to really hang on to the original DS version?

No, unless you're a collector I wouldn't. Also here's a list of all the new demons of Overclocked:

Megami Black Maria
Vile Baphomet
Snake Yurlungur
Dragon Fafnir
Divine Sraosha
Avian Rukh
Avian Huoniao
Fallen Mithras
Beast Cabracan
Wilder Catoblepas
Genma Tschaggatta
Fairy Spriggan
Fairy Troll
Tyrant Lucifuge
Touki Tokebi
Touki Ongyo-ki
Jaki Macabre
Femme Jahi
Kishin Okuninushi
Deity Susano-o

Really cool to see Lucifuge Rofacles, he was always a favorite of mine due to his mythology and looks. I don't think he's been in many games.

Dolphin Fetus fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 29, 2011

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
So I finally get over this weird aversion to JRPGs I've had, and the SMT games are my favorites so far. Someone traded in like all the PS2 ones to Gamestop, but when I go back only persona 3 and 4 are left. Then some guy puts some up on my local CL, but he wants collector's prices for them.

I just can't justify $75 for the one's he has left, although I may go for Nocturne at $25.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Thanks to this thread, I busted out my copy of Devil Survivor that I hadn't put much time into, and started from scratch.

Okay so I had to buy another DSi today because the battery in my existing one died, but dammit it's worth it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cheap Trick posted:

Thanks to this thread, I busted out my copy of Devil Survivor that I hadn't put much time into, and started from scratch.

Okay so I had to buy another DSi today because the battery in my existing one died, but dammit it's worth it.

They sell DSi batteries separately.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZeeToo posted:

Is it bad that I was very surprised not to see him in Baalster's list? :shobon:

Oh I'm sure he's in the game somewhere. That list was just from characters that I got a hear from on the site and the Eighth Day trailer, he's gotta be in it somewhere because he just has to be shoehorned into one of these roles somewhere.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Fooley posted:

So I finally get over this weird aversion to JRPGs I've had, and the SMT games are my favorites so far. Someone traded in like all the PS2 ones to Gamestop, but when I go back only persona 3 and 4 are left. Then some guy puts some up on my local CL, but he wants collector's prices for them.

I just can't justify $75 for the one's he has left, although I may go for Nocturne at $25.

Earlier in the thread I posted a link has all the SMT games, brand new, for 34.99 each.

Except for Raidou Kuzunoha games which are pretty drat expensive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

"2週目に突入のPlayStationVitaのスクープ特集は『アンチャーテッド』の新作など充実の内容です!加えて巻頭では『ペルソナ』シリーズのスクープが満載!"

"Scoop Feature PlayStationVita second week of rush, "Uncharted" is a rich content of such new work! In addition Preface "Persona" series of reviews and scoop!"

See you in 24 hours when Famitsu leaks!

Remember folks, this is still a rumor. It's not become reality yet, we're not in Persona 2!

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

HarveyVdarski posted:

Earlier in the thread I posted a link has all the SMT games, brand new, for 34.99 each.

Except for Raidou Kuzunoha games which are pretty drat expensive.

I saw that when I was skimming earlier and forgot, thanks again. I'm more annoyed I missed the ones at gamestop...getting P4, DDS 1+2, and Nocturne for $60 would've been nice.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Fooley posted:

I saw that when I was skimming earlier and forgot, thanks again. I'm more annoyed I missed the ones at gamestop...getting P4, DDS 1+2, and Nocturne for $60 would've been nice.

God I spent way too much money on pretty much these exact games (but P3P instead of P4). Still, a couple of them came in so all that Care just washed away

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I am so glad I picked up the first Raidou game when it was 10 bucks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Heath posted:

I am so glad I picked up the first Raidou game when it was 10 bucks.

It's still dirt cheap at Gamestop and if you go in on a slow day when the employees have time to make phone calls they have the ability to order one from stores out of state. I got mine from Virginia and I'm in Ohio.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Anyone ever played Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner? It says its by the same guy who made SMT. Any good?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Earlier in the thread people were pipe-dreaming about a PSP or Vita port of Nocturne, but I really think the coolest thing Atlus could do in the midst of all these ports they're doing anyway is make an HD Collection of all the PS2 SMT games. I would line up at the store a week in advance if this happened, because I could finally mothball my PS2.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Sir Unimaginative posted:

They sell DSi batteries separately.

Derp, lesson learned. At least this way I can spend a few more dollars to have a spare unit.

Once I'm done with Devil Survivor, I might give Nocturne a go via PCSX2. I'll get you this time, Matador :argh:

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
I'm playing overclocked right now and I'm at a battle that I don't remember being this hard before.

Day 6 at noon, Gin actively tries to get himself killed by running headlong into battle like he's attached via a series of magnets.

I'm going to try this another couple of times, but if I don't pass it soon I'm going to put this game down for a while. His AI is just so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I'm playing overclocked right now and I'm at a battle that I don't remember being this hard before.

Day 6 at noon, Gin actively tries to get himself killed by running headlong into battle like he's attached via a series of magnets.

I'm going to try this another couple of times, but if I don't pass it soon I'm going to put this game down for a while. His AI is just so stupid.

I've found that battle to be a lot easier if you just bum rush your characters over to him so the enemies end up focusing more than just him.