Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I made this:

An overcomplicated solution to a simple problem. Now I can't stop laughing at it. At the time I had a good reason for making it since it seemed I couldn't throw a hoop any other way in this drat game but now I know it was way more effort than anyone else seemed to put in it. (edit: basically I made it so I could shoot straight down into the hoop without trying to hit the drat backboard or anything since physics in Deus Ex:HR are messed up)

I literally put up that image every now and again just to look at it myself and laugh now :) If you can't laugh at yourself every sometimes, you're in bad shape. It definitely put a bright spot in my day to consider my stupid creation.

edit: also it looks like I'm moving back to London soon and there's so much I look forward to doing once I'm there. Good times ahead I hope.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Aug 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
A situation at work that I have been stressing out about (my boss emails me high priority saying 'We need to talk right away' on Thursday and then didn't get back to me till Tuesday, who does that?!) was about something really stupid and not my fault at all. Also some poo poo I bought from the net just showed up... love 1-day.com.au :D

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Friday: Saw the Decemberists live for the millionth time, they're my favorite band and it was awesome.
Saturday: Went out drinking with my sister and a bunch of our friends to celebrate my birthday and it was awesome.
Today: Had a delicious hangover brunch, hung out with my younger sister and saw one of my best friends and it was all awesome.
To look forward to this week: learning if my internship turns into a full-time job, my birthday, going to see family over Labor Day, and the start of college football (go ducks!!), which will all be awesome.

Life is good :)

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

NLJP posted:

I made this:

Upgrade your legs and slam dunk it.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I put my two weeks notice in at work last week, which was awesome enough to warrant a post, but today I walk into the store to opening and I find a note from the multi-store supervisor.

"Dear Pants,

As much as we're going to miss you here, we want you to know we appreciate the time you've put into this store. To show you how much we appreciate you, night shift is going to get all of your morning prep done for the rest of the week.

Sincerely,
The coolest boss ever."

So I go and check the walk-in fridge and find that not only is everything already packed to go for the day, but the product delivery for the week is already unloaded and put away.

Almost makes me wish I wasn't going back to school .

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I went to get my normal morning americano and was told it was paid for by the very adorable guy I went out with on Friday. Now I can't stop smiling because that was an unexpected gesture. Even if it was a small one, it feels good when someone does something nice like that for you.

And work is going very well already! What I started on Friday has worked out in a big way. I'm very, very good at my new job for reasons that I don't fully understand, but I'm not complaining!

Jrt
Feb 9, 2010
I had a sex, then had an awesome dinner, then had another sex. It was a pretty good evening.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Mondays are pretty much my new favorite day now. I go to my morning class, then I walk to this awesome bagel shop and get a delicious bagel for breakfast. And then I walk to my next class early and take a nap outside on one of the benches.

This happens every Monday now. I love college so much.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I got to have some sex with my boyfriend sex sex sex. It was awesome. Also today is my only day off this week so it was pretty rad.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I got to stand around and do pretty much nothing a work today and now I'm watching Daybreakers. I'd say that it's an awesome day.

shenanigans
Dec 30, 2006

one of every colour
Weed.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Donated EVERYTHING I owned that had been sitting in my parent's storage for over 10 years to Goodwill, along with a bunch of stuff I recently purged while packing to move. Feels great. :)

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Classes start tomorrow. New school, new (double) major. Possibilities are endless. Today was the last day of new student orientation, which I finished out by attending a picnic thrown by the music department and found out about auditions for the a cappella group. It's really popular, the auditions are really competitive, and I'm terrified I won't get in. The rush is incredible.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
My power finally came back on after the Hurricane.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I still have functioning arms and legs. These things are loving useful!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Last week I marked the 31st as "Lackadaisical's last day of work". Today when I went in I saw that people were writing underneath it things like "Boooo! :("

I'm going to miss my awesome co-workers.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Gonna ask the girl I've been crushing on for the past month out tomorrow. Boy am I ever going to need some luck.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Good luck, don't be weird about it!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'm going out on a date with a girl on Friday! I am so loving excited, I've been out of the dating game for so long and I really think she likes me.

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
I woke up and it was raining. (I live in Arlington[Dallas], Texas)
I got to see my sister before left for Austria for a year.
I got the sources I need for a research project. (I guess the Portuguese Consulate isn't such a waste of time)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

My awesome co-workers. My wife enjoying a good first day of school. Maybe most of all, a great grocery store run. Our refrigerator literally has about 80 cans of soda in it now and a few beers as well. And we're getting wireless Internet within the week. :)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
The power came back on after almost two days of being out from Irene! I really don't think I could have spent another night of candlelight Risk parties, or another lively game of "let's smoke a cigarette by this blown over tree" with my friends.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Read the last five or six pages of this thread in one sitting between classes.

Managed to get convinced that having a crush on a cute girl doesn't make me creepy :unsmith: Sure, I have no chance due to lack of disposable income, car and job, but knowing that having my stomach drop through half my torso every time she smiles at me doesn't make me a socially awkward neckbeard is nice.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Got a free massage then checked all my voicemails from calls that I didn't get while I was out of the country.

I had several messages from a Dish executive in response from the angry letter I sent them in the spring, offering to resolve my problem with them "and then some". Score! Left the lady a message and am awaiting a call back. The prospect of being able to get HD channels on my HDTV is exciting!

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
My boss agreed to let me charge a Razer Black Widow keyboard to the company. Should arrive tomorrow!

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I actually, really slept last night after weeks and weeks of 5-6 hours a night and waking up exhausted. Hooray for new drugs!

The air was cool and smelled of rain on my walk to work.

A friend I haven't seen in forever finally has time to go to lunch with us today! We are going to eat at a historic log cabin nearby that has mind-blowing food.

Oh and the clouds have just cleared up so we will be able to eat in the garden! Yay!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Finally got my new phone activated, and found out that there's a girl who has a crush on me (not the one I mentioned earlier, that one is moot by this point). And I only have one more class today!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've had a really stressful week so my girlfriend decided to be more amazing than usual and come see this weekend (we alternate who drives to see who and it was supposed to be my turn this weekend). I'm so happy I'm legit tearing up a little bit, I really needed this.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
I got a check from my old landlord for waaaay more of the security deposit than I expected to get back. After divvying out what goes to the other jerks I lived with, it's gonna be time to buy booze!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I ran out of notches on my belt! But in the not-fat kind of way!

EDIT: P.S. never eat a carb

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

I'm going out on a date with a girl on Friday! I am so loving excited, I've been out of the dating game for so long and I really think she likes me.

Me too, man. Me too. Feels good. :cheers:

Nessuno
Sep 2, 2011

If you don't wanna date me, that's fine, I get that...

BUT YOU'RE WRONG AND I HATE YOU
I registered this account! :woop:

Plus I finished my online application to Penn State, just gotta send in my SAT scores and whatnot and my fate is in their hands!

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Today is my birthday! I'm stressing out about a job that I find out if I get tomorrow, but I forgot all about it after the 100+ Facebook wishes I received today plus in-person and phone messages. Then all of the interns had an awesome BBQ after work. I'm extremely fortunate to have many great people in my life, and today reminded me that I can't take them for granted.

Coming up: trip to Seattle to visit family and DUCK FOOTBALL on Saturday!

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
Today is my last day in my reasonably lame call centre job. The people are awesome and the work itself isn't anywhere near as crushing as inbound customer service would imply, but it's not what I want to be doing with my time at all. I'm going to start my postgrad training to become an English lecturer in two weeks and until then I'm gonna become the living personification of 'pottering about'.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I feel really at home at my new school. This is my third university in as many years, and transferring this much (plus a double major) has delayed my graduation date considerably. I planned on being stuck here for the duration whether I loved it or hated it. So far I couldn't be happier.

My new job is gearing up to be an adventure. A lot of hard work, and it's going to be challenging, frustrating, and heartbreaking at times (working with disadvantaged kids at an after-school program), but it's going to be incredible and my teammates are awesome.

To top it all off, after a kind of lovely day, I got to volunteer for the first time in almost a month. Two cats got adopted out while I was there. Then I got home and found out that I was accepted into a selective choir at school and we'll likely be touring in Venezuela at the end of the school year. I'm kind of beside myself with joy right now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Got my first paycheck. Start of a 3 day weekend. Ate a 16 oz. bacon-wrapped filet.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
My temp-to-perm job is looking more like 'perm' every day, I will probably get another freelance writing gig soon, I'm dogsitting my friends' adorable dog which means hanging out in their fabulous apartment and getting paid for it, I just went to the farmer's market which I haven't done in forever and am planning to cook all day tomorrow, I'm going to the first UNC game of the season with friends today and to a barbecue with other friends tomorrow evening.

One month ago I was absolutely convinced I'd have to leave NYC. Now, three and a half months in, I feel like I might actually be able to have a life here. Feels drat good.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Sitting at a stop light some guy in a car next to us takes his seat belt off and leans out his window and starts yelling hey at my husband. My husband being the slightly twitchy type gets all froggy, the guy just says hey did you know that someone drew on your arm? My husband is heavily tattooed, the guy tells us he just wanted to give us a laugh. That made my day, and my daughter shot a gun for the first time today and I think she loved it. Simple things but sometimes those are the best.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
We're mostly moved into the new apartment, and will be sleeping here from tonight on. Love our old friends/landlords, but the neighborhood was poo poo. So much happier where we are now. Plus, 3 day weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
^^ I too, am moving into my new place tomorrow with my longtime SO, I'm so excited, but the stress is hiding it.

But I had a long long day of driving through tropical storm rain from Lee. I get to a hotel and I go to the lobby shop to get some pseudo-dinner-snacks since I don't want to go out in the rain again.

Naturally everything is overpriced as hell but I don't give a poo poo. I'm hungry. I get some beef jerky, a V8, and a rice krispy treat bar. I go to pay at the desk, to which the clerk tells me: "I don't know how much any of that is, and I really don't care, how about a dollar for each thing?" I protested, because I did see the prices, but he insisted. :3: Thanks hotel desk dude, made my day.