Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snarkcookie
Mar 25, 2007

Delicious Sarcastic Morsels with Every Bite!
Took a load of photos the other day to show Keira off in her new replacement collar my cousin makes!

Click here for big

Click here for big

Click here for big
I love this picture, as if she's humoring me letting me take pictures of her. 'Oh you, with your cute little camera.'

Click here for big
Dance for my amusement big doggie.

Click here for big
This really shows off how ridiculously barrel chested she is and now thin through the hips she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011

This is Lily, she's a Jack Russel mutt of some sort, we're not quite sure what she's mixed with. She sings and smiles when someone enters the room.

These are my family's weinerdogs Timmy and Jenny.
Timmy is the older brown one one (probably about 12)
Jenny is the one with the fetching apple in her mouth (we think she's 7)

they were both rescues, Timmy came from a hoarder living in a 1 bedroom apartment and Jenny was a champion breeder and got bred til her body looks permanently pregnant.(also debarked)

Tranax
Sep 1, 2008
We had to put down our Pomeranian of 13 1/2 years 2 weeks ago due to organ failure, RIP Punk. After a good lot of discussion we decided to bring another member into our family. We ended up contacting the Friends for Life foundation in Houston, and finding a wonderful Corgi-mixed puppy of about 4-6 months named Dylan!

He's just chilling with a hard treat after a nice late-night walk. Kind of bashful in all respects currently, camera or otherwise.

Anyhow, haven't had a puppy in nearly 14 years. Made what I think is a good decision in avoiding pet stores and going through an established organization that furnished us with an amazing array of information. After my cat drops his belief that Dylan is the grim reaper incarnate, we should all be okay!

And obligatory cat, Donnie, who is now on high alert!

Tranax fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 22, 2011

OblivionSA
Jun 21, 2010
This is my seemingly ever-growing army of furry little monsters:

This is Loki. He's a male that is just a bit shy of two years old now and is a hefty 16 pounds. He is Aurora's brother.

Sometimes he thinks he's Don Draper.

Here he is again practicing his Longcat impression.

This is just about his favorite way to lounge, though I can't imagine I'd be quite so comfortable in the same position...

Can you find the Loki in this one?

This one here is Aurora, Loki's sister. She is absolutely my little princess and is just about 13 pounds worth of adorable purr factory.

Here she is making sure I'm doing my work correctly, since us humans are so inferior and whatnot.

As if the last picture wasn't proof enough, here she is showing off her smarts by using a pillow.

Next up we have the newest additions, who we picked up last Thursday. They had been in the shelter since May 2011 because they were trying very hard to adopt them out as a pair since they are brother and sister. Since we had such great results with our first sibling pair, we decided to give them a try. The one with the dramatic dark markings is Tyr who is nearly 6 pounds of boy kitten loving and playing. The one with the lighter more usual tabby markings is his sister, Freya. This little cutie is 4.5 pounds of pure purrs and kisses. They're both about 4 months old.

Here is the two of them just lounging around a day or two after they had their living arrangements significantly upgraded.

Here is little Tyr doing what he does best (and most frequently): playing.

Here is a better shot of Tyr's striking pattern.

This is Freya showing off her little broken stripes.

And here is Freya searching for hidden toys, food, kittens, or anything else a sneaky human might hide.

Sadly, the two little ones were very sick when we first brought them in. They had been sneezing a bit at the shelter, but the stress of the move put it into full-blown virus mode. They mostly had nasal discharge of both mucus and blood, and lots of congestion, sneezing, and a slight fever. FYI, it is not fun cleaning up little bloody kitten sneezes from every corner of your bedroom.

They were taken to the vet on Saturday after they didn't seem to be getting any better. The diagnosis was UTI, possibly from Calicavirus, and they were both given antibiotic and steriod shots at the office (Freya also had sub-Q fluids), and then Clavamox and a Lysine supplement to take home and administer for 10 days.

They are now completely sniffle free and only have the rarest of sneezes with no discharge.

It's so funny how much they are already mirroring the two older ones, though. The older ones also had a nasty UTI when they came home, but they had it worst in their eyes, not their noses like these poor little things. They also have very similar personalities to each respective sibling.

Just a few more days of introduction (hopefully) and they should be happily roaming about the apartment, playing together, and making cat piles.

OblivionSA fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 24, 2011

Hormones
May 9, 2009
In March I had to put my dog down. She was eighteen years old. I had her since I was five years old and we grew up together. It was so hard to let her go but she had bladder cancer and was losing control of her functions. It was just the right thing to do. I miss her a lot and it's still hard to think that after eighteen years she's gone. It's been tough and I've been missing her like crazy but...

In May I adopted a beautiful 8 month old Border Collie! In her short little life she'd already had three homes. Her first two abused her badly, her third abandoned her, and now I am her fourth - but FOREVER - home :)

I found her on Kijiji and loved her photos so much. I called to go meet her and fell in love upon seeing her. She was so excited and friendly and I decided then and there to bring her home <3

This is Luca on the ride home from her foster family:

A few hours after being home for the first time:

And completely passed out after a few hours of exploring the house and the big backyard:

She was very skittish at first, terrified of loud noises and piddling on the floor when I brought the broom out to sweep. It broke my heart but she's been socializing so well, she's getting along just fine with noises and stick-lick objects now, and she loves other dogs and every person she's met!

I have had animals (dogs, cats, lizards, horses) my entire life but I have never met one with the personality she has. Every morning while I sit at the table she walks by, grabs my elbow (very gently) in her teeth and then carries on her way to her breakfast. It's those little things, you know? She is so silly and crazy and ALWAYS excited to get going and play play play! I love her <3

She lays under my feet at my desk every evening:

And yesterday she was spayed and had her dewclaws removed. She had double dewclaws on her back feet and it was a disaster waiting to happen so. Off to the vet. I was so incredibly worried that she'd feel like I abandoned her too. With her pattern it's been every few months she's shipped to a new family and I've had her for nearly three months now... I was so worried and upset she'd think I was leaving her forever. Wah :(

But! When I picked her up this morning she was so happy to see me but I think I was happier to see her. I nearly cried. I love her so much!

And a few pictures from today:

Cone and foot bandages :(

And serving a two week sentence with probability of parole by week three.

:D So much animal love!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

No, Dexter. :mad:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also, Dexter adventure a few months back.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I just adopted Boudicca from a local shelter. She's about a year old, and was abandoned ~three months ago. She is my first pet ever (thanks very much to all the knowledgeable folks who contributed to the cat megathread and the pet nutrition thread; it's all been a great help), and she is sweet as can be. Adjusted to my house right off the bat with no hiding, and she already acts like she owns the place.

She's a little chubby (10 lbs, 3 oz.) because she didn't get much exercise at the shelter, but she's not a glutton and loves chasing a laser dot, so she'll be svelte again very soon.

So dignified, even in repose.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 26, 2011

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

She's not officially mine until tomorrow, but this is my first dog Abby! She's a three and a half year old red fawn greyhound, adopted from GPA-MN.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is Sherm.

I do not own him yet. He lives in the cat shelter at Pet Smart but will be mine once the crazy cat lady agrees to drive out there and let me adopt him.

He is very big.

He weighs 17 pounds and is about three feet from nose to tail. Barely an ounce of catpudge on him, but he is one solid cat.

I went to the shelter to play with him, and he acted as if he was suffering from the severest of ennui as I failed to impress him with jingly stuffed mice and feathers on fishing poles.

Pictured: ennui.

But he kept coming back for more headbutts and meow-based conversations, and so he must be mine.

eekabeep
Aug 31, 2007
not tag
Here's Ozzy!

He fights parvo and freaks out about chicken and gravy baby food.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
This is James G. Blaine and Thaddeus Stevens

They are four month old brothers adopted from the SPCA about two weeks ago. I held and pet a few older cats who were mostly aloof, then at one point I reached out to read the card on their cage and one of them high-fived me through the glass. They were friendly and immediately climbed onto my shoulders so that was that. The tech at the SPCA was very glad to see them adopted; apparently it's doubly tough to adopt out a bonded pair who are both plain black cats.

For two kittens they have been eerily well-behaved. All of their energy seems to go into play-fighting, constantly, all the time. They scratch their cat tree and poo poo in their litterbox flawlessly, the worst they've done so far has been to knock over the occasional glass of water and chew on the velcro attachment to my laptop cord.

Thaddeus is smaller and has fuzzier fur. He was quiet the first few days because of a URI, but he's down to the occasional sneeze now. Despite his size he seems to be the "alpha", grooming his brother and picking most of the play fighting. This is because Blaine is a big coward who gets rattled by vacuums, dishwashers, or youtube clips. He'll hide under the bed for a while when I get back from work or bring a friend home while Thaddeus will mosey right up and purr.

Here they are living the #firstworldkittens life on the ludicrously elaborate Armarkat tree I got.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

This is Al:

He's about 1.5 years old; I've had him for the last year. My first and only cat, a great one I must say. He's very friendly and well mannered.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
Just chillin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Elotana posted:

The tech at the SPCA was very glad to see them adopted; apparently it's doubly tough to adopt out a bonded pair who are both plain black cats.

The rescue I got my boys from were so happy to adopt them out together. They waived the donation fee but we gave them some cash anyway. :3: not only black cats but bonded brothers with mutant little bodies...

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Percy relaxing in the recliner.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Everyone's pets are so cute. Here are mine.
Snacksy is the tabby female, Fatty is the tuxedo male. They are litter mates, almost a year old now. Originally we were told they were brothers but when we went to get Snacksy neutered the vet called me to tell me he was a she. They are both extremely affectionate and playful. I don't think they've ever been skittish or nervous in their entire lives. Fatty has horrible coordination which makes jumping up onto things difficult for him. I've watched him fall down the stairs several times which is sad and hilarious. They often kitten pile. They love cuddling and belly rubs and getting carried around like babies. I've never been scratched or bitten and I often use my face to nuzzle their exposed bellies when they're asleep. I am so lucky they have a good temperament. Gratuitous pictures:
When they were babies, fighting

Snacksy's head interrupting computer time

Snacksy laying

Fatty sleeping upside down, sandwiched between myself and Snacksy

Poor Snacksy after she got spayed. She demanded constant attention

Fatty's gut

Cuddling

Fatty's favorite place to lay

computer angel fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 31, 2011

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
We just got a Rat Terrier, Charlie, he's a scoundrel but so cute...

His neck was smaller than anticipated, all fixed up now

wavy gravy
Oct 23, 2009

eekabeep posted:

Here's Ozzy!

He fights parvo and freaks out about chicken and gravy baby food.

Holy poo poo. Best wishes man, parvo is ugly.

edit: oops. here. reggie, my last rescue. ratflu is a bitch, but she was spoilt.

wavy gravy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 3, 2011

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
This is Hannibal. He is named after the general, not the cannibal.

PBlueKan
Jul 12, 2011
This is Kalo, he is a purebred English Chocolate Labrador.

From 10 Weeks to 6.5 months (A bundle of adorable to a little poo poo):

9.5 weeks just picked from the breeder:

11 weeks:

5.5 Months:

Now:

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
Aneta, fresh off the street. She loves paper bags. :3:

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

This is my bulldog, Mini (Mini Me [Dad loves Austin Powers]). She was my dad's bulldog but when I moved into my own apartment my parents sent her with me since she didn't get along with our Newfoundland and Australian Shepherd (my mom is a Crazy Dog Lady. We also have a Boston Terrier). (I know Photobucket is bad, but I'm too recently getting back into hanging out on the Internet to research better hosts...)

Realizing her gig as favorite animal may be up.

Bulldog Nugget.

I loving loved this dog more than I ever thought I could ever love an animal. She was old and fat and had arthritis and kidney stones and all sorts of poo poo. In her final days she couldn't use her back legs at all; I had to carry her butt around for her so she could go out to poop. She was the sweetest animal- she just wanted to smoosh her face in you and love you.

I had to have her put to sleep in October of last year. Being 23 years old, this was literally the worst thing that had ever happened to me. I stayed in the room with her, and the vet was very sweet and gave her all the doggie treats she wanted (she'd been on a diet for the past few years) and injected her while she was eating. When she felt it kick in she looked at me in confusion and then laid down and died. I was a loving wreck. I went out and got way too drunk, way too often, I skipped work to stay home and play video games, I sobbed uncontrollably every night, for months I had dreams that she had died because I didn't love her enough, or that I had found a way to bring her back to life. I am embarrassed just thinking about what a mess I was.

I didn't think I would ever recover or ever be able to love another creature the way I had loved that dog, but eventually I started thinking about getting a cat. I come from a dog family, and my dad is allergic to cats, so I've never really interacted with one. I didn't have an account at the time but I devoured the Getting a New Kitten?... thread and the Pet Nutrition Megathread, and when I felt I was ready I replied to a post about a little 11 month old calico on Petfinder.

I fell in love. This is Navi (named after the fairy in Ocarina of Time, because she is a chatty little kitty).

She is basically the best cat ever, though I guess I can't really speak objectively not knowing many other cats. She is affectionate, intelligent, and empathetic. I never really thought cats would dig humans so much, but she throws herself at my feet in joy every time I get home from work, and basically always wants to be touching me.

(Thank you, Pet Nutrition Megathread.)

She is also a curious pain in the rear end:

Life couldn't be better.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
drat my reply got deleted..
I got a buddy for Cash. This is Xpense (formerly Kioki), the white face minimally marked mosaic. Neutered male. He's only a month younger than Cash and he's sweet, but he was advertised and sold to me as a ringtailed mosaic and he's..not. :/ Ah well. Still cute.

And one of Cash, the powdered-out white tailed mosaic male, also neutered. I really don't want to breed. :)

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

watchoutitsabear posted:

cute cat.

I love the colours!

Since I moved to the States I couldn't bring my kitty so I've been missing her entirely too much.. posted her here before but here's a baby picture!

The day I brought her home.

I found her in a box outside my work in the middle of November with 3 of her littermates. They were all covered in every kitten bodily fluid possible and smelled like death. It turns out someone has dumped them there early in the morning and left them to die and/or get found. They all got vetted the next day and luckily had a clean bill of health and were all old enough to be placed into loving homes and this lady came with me!

The last picture I took of her before I moved away.

I know it's not the same as having a pet pass on or have to be put down but, I miss her 6am wake-up meows for breakfast. :(

..and dressed up as a hot dog with her "boyfriend" Bear in a ladybug outfit.

Noclue002
Sep 10, 2011

by T. Finn
This is Spiga, my Theraphosa Stirmi aka Goliath Bird Eating Spider.

She's estimated at about 4yrs old although i can't say for sure. I've only had her for about 6 months or so now.

This is a snap of her most recent molt, about 2 months ago. I'd say she's an inch or so bigger since then.

The fangs she sheds are just AWESOME. Gonna make some badass earrings out of them... and they only get bigger with each molt.

Here she is pulling herself out of her old exoskeleton during that last molt i mentioned. Her fangs are soft at this stage and as you can see, bone white. They harden back up and turn from white to blood red and then black after a week or so.

Here's another shot of those puppies.

I won't post a picture of her in her new dark exoskeleton the only good one i have is of her feeding on a mouse and i can imagine some of you may have mice, rats or other various rodents for pets and well-that just wouldnt be nice of me. cheers.

Noclue002
Sep 10, 2011

by T. Finn
yikes... uh, in that first picture she's just eating a pink marshmallow.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

Noclue002 posted:

This is Spiga, my Theraphosa Stirmi aka Goliath Bird Eating Spider.

Post Your Pet thread:
Awww, kitty!
Awww, puppy!
Awww, kitty!
Awww, sugar glider!
Awww, kitty!
Awww, OH MY GOD NIGHTMARE FUEL :psyduck:

That is pretty nuts though. How often do you have to feed her?

More of Aneta, though it's a poor follow-up to the spider post:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Schroedinger posted:

Post Your Pet thread:
Awww, kitty!
Awww, puppy!
Awww, kitty!
Awww, sugar glider!
Awww, kitty!
Awww, OH MY GOD NIGHTMARE FUEL :psyduck:
Haha, yeah. No kidding...
Sorry Noclue, but I had just gotten through with eating lunch and looking at that first picture...kind of made me experience it again. Don't get me wrong, I love spiders, and the description of her fangs post-molting sounds terribly interesting. I'd love to see a photo of them "blood red".

My whore Scott enjoying his summer haircut.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Hagen!

DaBatman01
May 27, 2008
one of my Barred Rock chickens, Krypto

and my Peninsula Cooter, Octave

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

DaBatman01 posted:

and my Peninsula Cooter, Octave

I've never seen that color on an animal - it's like a mix of banana yellow and lime green.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

My husband got a new flash funnel for his camera. This is the result.

Nibbler is a mug for the camera:

Leela is a little more reserved.

Also, Nibbler discovered that the big soft dog beds scattered around the house are pretty comfortable when there isn't a big scary dog in them.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Nuala (top) and Dora (bottom)

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
This is our Shih Tzu, Princess.

You may call her Stinky.

She's a senior citizen, but being the runt, will always be our perpetual puppy.

She has a cart.

And parents who are totally gay for her.

Excuse the lovely camera quality, and the babytalk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgN76tCFEpo

Captain Pancakes
Jul 30, 2004

My dad's old work buddy adopted a pitbull puppy from a backyard breeder, but he sadly had to give him up because his girlfriend didn't want the dog due to her fears of him biting either of their young children, and also because he and his family were moving in with his mother who didn't want a dog in her house.

It's a shame he had to give his new puppy away so soon after he was adopted, but thankfully he gave him to my dad. So, fortunately for him, his puppy has gone to a great home with a loving family with lots of experience taking care of dogs.

Meet Mason, our 3+ month old pitbull. He's the smartest, goofiest dog I've ever had. For example, when he wakes up in the morning, he's usually so tired and lazy that he won't even attempt to run or walk down the stairs. Instead, he'll use only his front paws to crawl downstairs, essentially sliding on his belly while dragging his hind legs. It cracks me up every time he does it.

Here are some pictures my sister took:

Captain Pancakes fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 16, 2011

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
Updating my pet pics: Corwin the Corgi (1 year) and Rupert the American Classic Tabby (11 years). They love the back porch.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Loving Corwin.

Here's Cohen, leaping over tall bits of PVC in a single bound.

And here she is at the beach.

I wish I lived the life of my dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Forgive the low quality, these are cellphone pictures

My cat. His name is Cat.

Here he is sleeping on the bottom of my bed. He did that a lot when I sat on my bed and put my laptop on a chair in front of me or when I laid down and he was in my room. I'm away for studies now, so he only has my mother to keep him company.

If he got in my room and I wasn't sitting on my bed but in front of my desk he would go sit and lie down around my chair instead:

I also have a second cat. Her name is Cat:

Cat would usually get in my room because he couldn't stand Cat. When Cat followed him in, as long as I had my window or door open he wouldn't stay in for long.

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 17, 2011

• Locked thread