Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Rice Not Lynn now has 5 openings because two whiny babby owners decided to split instead of going public to fill 3 spots. It's still private for a couple more days, but is wide open to anyone that wants to pick up another team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I'm interested. The pubbie league I'm in is fun so far, but my team is in mega-rebuilding mode so it will be a while before I'm any good in that league. Do you have any open teams that aren't complete dumpster fires?

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
We have teams that were 54-108 (3rd draft pick), 76-86, 68-94 (AL East rival with me), 69-93, 89-73 (one of the dopes that left). So there's a variety of openings available.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
What division is the 89-73 team in?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Huh, does that 54-win team have a decent farm? That sounds like a fun situation to start from.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

One for six in this last round of Pick Six.

:negative:

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Jeff Wiiver posted:

What division is the 89-73 team in?
NL South, he squeaked out the division last season.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

NL South, he squeaked out the division last season.
I'm going to call dibs on that team for now. I'll most likely pick it up tomorrow, if not I'll let someone else have it.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Jeff Wiiver posted:

I'm going to call dibs on that team for now. I'll most likely pick it up tomorrow, if not I'll let someone else have it.
You might want to shoot a prelim message off to the commissioner, to keep some actual dibs. League name is Rice Not Lynn.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

You might want to shoot a prelim message off to the commissioner, to keep some actual dibs. League name is Rice Not Lynn.
Oh I assumed the commish was a goon. My bad. I'll do that.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
In the 80m WISC league, jeff, Ivan and I have the 1st, 4th and 2nd best pythags respectively. Of course Ivan is stuck in third place in his division. :smith:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Pedro Martinez will strike you the gently caress out

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
We need 2 more for the Fantasy Football league guys. You know you want to:

Draft is tomorrow!

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Hold me a spot and I'll get in later on today, I can make the draft tonight no problem.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My class ends about 45 minutes before, and i'll need to get something to eat. I don't think i'll be late, but there's a chance.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=39444584&pbp=1

The Schmidt All Star Game. An offensive fireworks show.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

The way the draft is going I'm going to have to give some serious thought to re-joining Pick Six for another leg...

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

rbow's going to win the WISC again, isn't he?

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

AlleyViper posted:

The way the draft is going I'm going to have to give some serious thought to re-joining Pick Six for another leg...

There should really be a time limit on picks.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Per an IRC discussion with Groucho, Justin Verlander is currently sitting at 1.82 ERC and 0.90 WHIP. Here are ALL the pitchers post-WWII with an actual ERC below 2 and actual WHIP of 0.91 or less, min 162 innings:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I wish I would have actually tried to put Nelson on my Rule V team

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Nasboat your Aaron team made the playoffs at 77-85 :lol: Time to get steam rolled by the 102 win WC team.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My team is also going to be destroyed in the playoffs. At least I made the playoffs, I guess.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

My WISC overall pythag record is 240-150
My WISC overall actual record is 229-161

Even if I were at my pythag record I would still be behind rbow. I really hate that guy.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

How many playoff teams do you have in the WISC atm, Ivan?

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

How many playoff teams do you have in the WISC atm, Ivan?
70m is in first by a wide margin. 80m is 2nd in their division (leading the wild card) despite playing over .600 at the moment. 90m is in last with a .500 record but that only puts them 3 games out of 1st in a weak division. 100m is in first by a healthy margin. 110m is third in their division despite being 8 games over but I have no stamina issues at all and anticipate continuing strong play there. 120m team is an abomination that I'd rather not talk about!

So that's 3 current with a 4th and 5th that could sneak up in there. I'd wager on 3 though. After a couple of consecutive 6-0 cycles I've gone 3-3 in nearly all of my last 5 or 6.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

After a couple of consecutive 6-0 cycles

You have more 6-0's than me (one), jerk :mad:

Still, you're in pretty good shape. Making the playoffs with as many teams as possible is hugely important so if you can get all five of those in you're going to be positioned well for round 2.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

You have more 6-0's than me (one), jerk :mad:

Still, you're in pretty good shape. Making the playoffs with as many teams as possible is hugely important so if you can get all five of those in you're going to be positioned well for round 2.
I have no stamina issues and a rested Milacki ready to make a run if need be on the 90m team. I'm concerned about the 70m and 80m teams though. I've been micromanaging my rear end off just to keep critical pitchers above 90%. 70m has a nice lead but the 80m is already playing catch-up and I don't know if their .600+ winning percentage is sustainable. 110m could gain a lot of ground if a few key guys would actually play halfway up to their potential. That team's Clemens is 1-8, Rivera has blown double digit saves and sports a 7.18 ERA and .341 OAV, and Jeter/Tino are a combined 590 points below their OPS#.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I like 5-1 updates when the one loss came with a pseudo-scrub starting and a fellow goon got the win. Wish they could all be like that.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Up 2-1 in Aaron with my 78 win team against a 102 win team in the opening round of the playoffs with Lee and Lowe locked and loaded for game 4 and 5. Come on huge upset!

Also my Mordecai team just advanced in game 5 to the second round. :toot:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

:negative:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

CJL, you need to quit waiting around on Rice Not Lynn and jump ship to Mike Greenwell -- we've only got four openings and it's a fun world, not to mention my team somewhat owns and is going to really own in a couple of seasons!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Ivan, if my 70m team gets matched up against yours in the playoffs I'm in big trouble. My hitters are such poor matches for your pitchers it's ridiculous.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Upset complete. My 78 win team knocks off a 101 win team. http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=39592110

Ebenzer Lowe throws 15 shutout innings in the series. :clint:

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Ivan, if my 70m team gets matched up against yours in the playoffs I'm in big trouble. My hitters are such poor matches for your pitchers it's ridiculous.
Those pitchers will all be dead by the time the playoffs roll around so you'll be able to hammer them at will!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Upset complete. My 78 win team knocks off a 101 win team. http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=39592110

Ebenzer Lowe throws 15 shutout innings in the series. :clint:

Lucky, I was tied in the series 2-2 and I got blanked in my last game 2-0. What a way to lose.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So, having grown sick of The Misadventures of Max Bishop at shortstop, I benched him in favor of defensive wunderkind Tim Foli and 200k Del Maxvill, who while sporting a D- range does have an A glove so he at least wouldn't make many errors. I didn't care if neither can hit and neither costs more than 240k, I couldn't take Bishop's (lack of) defense any more. The results have been...well...striking.

Just two runs allowed over this streak. Can Max Bishop's defense alone be that damaging to my pitching? Is this simply small sample size noise? Unfortunately, Foli and Maxvill are both tired now so Bishop rejoins the starting lineup. Hopefully he has learned a few things watching the scrubs play.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Lucky, I was tied in the series 2-2 and I got blanked in my last game 2-0. What a way to lose.

Not lucky, thats the power of an ace. I won the 3 games Lowe/Ebenezer started and got hammered in the other 2.

And now my Mordecai team opens with a bang in the 2nd round http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=39594110

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 2, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My champs and chumps team is pretty awesome

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I was keeping pace until your guys kicked it into overdrive. Who could have guessed having only one starter with an ERA under 5.70 would catch up to me?

• Locked thread