Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

yam fries like sweet potato french fries or yam fries like some other fry form of yam cause either way im down

yeah, if the serving size is like 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:

Sneaking Mission posted:

cauliflower is just white brocolli i dont get what the problem is zor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
cauliflower is a vegetable of punishment

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

yo it's one thing to be a picky eater but it's perfectly ok imo to just not eat gross poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ya. like cilantro

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Wikipedia re Cilantro posted:

Belief that aversion is genetically determined may arise from the known genetic variation in taste perception of the synthetic chemical phenylthiocarbamide; however, no specific link has been established between coriander and a bitter taste perception gene.

Wikipedia re Phenylthiocarbamide posted:

Phenylthiocarbamide also inhibits melanogenesis and is used to grow transparent fish.[1]

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yea see people who like cilantro are hosed up and like some wierd rear end fish chemicals

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

yea see people who like cilantro are hosed up and like some wierd rear end fish chemicals

ur fish chemicals

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Yodzilla posted:

similarly my gf's cousin used to only eat pretzels, hotdogs, fries and ketchup. he developed scurvy

serves that motherfucker right imo

i imagine he's changed his diet since then?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ketchup has vitamin C, scurvy story destroyed

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
ppl who say they dont like cauliflower, broccoli, or brussels sprouts are mistaken and only believe so because they have only ever eaten those foods grossly overcooked. i am convinced of this

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I had a client diagnosed with borderline MR & OCD and his food logic was incredible. it was impossible to map out the foods he might potentially punch you in the face about without taking laborious notes over many months

I decided against doing that & just let him punch me in the face that one time when I bought whole grain pasta

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Coffee Quack posted:

i love that quote because it's clearly written by a first year bio undergrad

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Hammerite posted:

ppl who say they dont like cauliflower, broccoli, or brussels sprouts are mistaken and only believe so because they have only ever eaten those foods grossly overcooked. i am convinced of this

brussles on the bbq should set them straight
even overdone there they are still really good.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I don't think I've ever had brusselses

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I don't think I've ever had brusselses

they taste like broccoli but cost almost twice as much and the ones in the supermarket are usually old and wilted anyway. i guess i could try buying frozen ones or something

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raygun

quote:

ok, so far so good.

quote:

Rayguns have a great variety of shapes and sizes, according to the imagination of the story writers or movie prop makers. Most pistol rayguns have a conventional grip and trigger,[citation needed] but some (e.g. Star Trek: The Next Generation phasers) do not. The shapes of some rayguns are influenced by an opinion that they look most effective and weapon-like if they look somewhat like real guns; others, such as this, are not:

V-Gun from the Macross scenario: industrial look.

"Plasma blaster": nuclear laboratory equipment look

(The V-Gun is treated as a Gatling gunpod in Macross, but as a laser when copied as Jetfire's gun in Transformers.)

:stare:

quote:

List of rayguns
Alien film series: "PIG" plasma cannon: powered by a backpack powerpack. Uses an electrolaser to create a magnetic containment bottle.
"Particle Beam Phalanx": cannon-sized.
Babylon 5: "PPG" aka "Phased Plasma Gun"
BattleTech: BattleMechs carry a wide variety of lasers, ether beamed or pulsed.
Blake's 7: paragun: Federation standard issue. Image here. More Federation kit images here.
a pistol: Federation issue, image here.
Blood and Blood II: Tesla Cannon: shoots electrical discharges
Captain Proton: blaster: a lethal white electric ray
Command & Conquer: Red Alert series
Tesla coil technology of the Soviets is in
Shock Troopers: elite infantry units equipped with portable Tesla coils
Tesla coils: large electric discharge-firing stationary coils
Tesla tanks
Tesla troopers
Prism technology of the Allies is in
Prism tanks: fire powerful light beams
Prism towers
Mirage tank: contains technology very similar to Prism technology and can camouflage
Command & Conquer: Renegade: "Black Widow" (Volt auto-rifle): an electric beam
Firefly: a laser rifle
Tarantula: a laser chaingun
Merlin: a personal ion cannon: an instantly visible bolt of ions
Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars (novel): T7: a Tiberium-fueled laser pulse
EW1: a laser beam
Scrin cannon: a beam of Tiberium particles
Commander Keen: wielded a red raygun in the first game
Crash Bandicoot: raygun: plasma of charged particles
Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Black Ops : Raygun is in Nazi Zombie mode and can be obtained in the campaign mission 'Little Resistance' in World at War through an easter egg. (note: Suggests Japanese Origin, as they did experiment with microwave technology). It is also in Black Ops used in Zombie mode can be found on Kino Der Toten, "Five", Dead Ops Arcade, Ascension and Call of the Dead.
Darwin's World: role-playing game: laser rifle: Nd:YAG laser
David Weber's novel Apocalypse Troll: blaster: pulse of plasma
The Day the Earth Stood Still: The alien visitor Klaatu's robotic bodyguard Gort had a conventional laser beam which was shot from his 'eyes'. Not meaning any harm, Gort only used the laser defensively. It could vaporize weapons as large as a tank, or even a rifle in a soldier's hands, though the soldier would not be injured.
District 9: The film's protagonist Wikus utilizes an extremely powerful directed energy weapon (manufactured by the film's resident aliens, pejoratively called prawns) that thoroughly destroys a human body on contact. Other alien weapons are used that seem to be very advanced and powerful ballistic weapons, and are keyed to the alien DNA, preventing them from being used by humans. None of the prawn's weapons are ever named or their workings explained.
Doctor Grordbort's Infallible Aether Oscillators: Rayguns utilizing "infra-wave undulation" and "Phlogiston over-charging" amongst other pseudo-scientific concepts.
Descent series: laser pistols, fusion cannon, omega cannon
Doctor Who: Daleks' guns: "ruby rays", Time Lord's "Stasers", Silurians "ray guns"
Doom: Plasma rifle
BFG 9000: undefined (named "plasma" in Doom 3), unreal physics
Dune: Continuous-wave laser projectors called lasguns exist but are rendered obsolete by the use of personal Holtzman shields. The interaction of a lasgun blast and this force field results in a nuclear explosion which typically kills both the gunner and the target, to say nothing of collateral damage. Subsequently, lasguns are mostly mounted on aircraft.
Edison's Conquest of Mars (1898 sequel to ditto): disintegrator ray
Fallout: "Solar Scorcher" (runs on solar power), "Alien Blaster", various laser, plasma and pulse weapons (rifles, handguns, gatling guns, grenades)
Farscape: various weapons
F.E.A.R.: "Armacham Type-7 Particle Weapon": plasma
Forbidden Planet: hand blasters & larger blasters
The Foundation Series
Original trilogy: blaster: high-powered nuclear particles, shattering the target. Foundation models were seen to cause extensive damage to the surroundings, like shattering the wall behind the target.
Prequels: blaster: weaker. Certain models have been known to kill without producing visible damage.
Sequels: microwave gun
FreeSpace 2: photon beam cannons
Ghostbusters: proton pack: particle beam
Filmation's Ghostbusters: The Dematerializer: disintegrator beam (though it only works on ghosts)
Gridlinked: pulse-gun: various types of fire mode
Gundam
Universal Century series, mega beam cannons: "Minovsky particles" (and the degenerated Mega particles). (Minovsky Physics operate throughout series.)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00, "GN particles", byproduct of a fictional topological bayon decay.
Mobile Fighter G Gundam, some of the martial artist can magnify their Qi by their mobile fighter and make long range attacks similar to rayguns.
Undefined for other series.
Half-Life: The Gluon gun (aka the Egon), a disintegration ray, and the Tau Cannon (aka the Gauss gun)
Halo (series): various plasma weapons
Hammer's Slammers: "Powergun": a plasma pulse
The Hyperboloid of Engineer Garin (1927 novel): "hyperboloid"
The Hyperion Cantos: "Death Wand": a laser-like beam weapon
Independence Day: city-destroyer ray
James Bond: Moonraker: "Moonraker laser": laser beam. Images: [1] [2] [3] [4]. It also appears in some videogames.
James Bond 007: Nightfire: Phoenix International Experimental Laser Rifle
Kingdom Hearts II: Gun Arrow: bullet-like laser beams; freezes in midair before homing in on the target
Kingdom of Loathing MMORPG: Toy Ray Gun: laser beam
The Librarian: Quest for The Spear (2004): Tesla's "Legendary Death Ray"
Lucky Starr series: blasters: small slugs which on impact turn a fraction of their mass into energy
Mars Attacks: Both the cards and movie feature alien weapons used by the Martians capable of disintegrating human/animal flesh, and on some occasions, terrestrial weapons and devices.
Metroid (video game series): various, see Items in the Metroid series
Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor: typical blasters, similar to disintegrator guns, near the end of the game, created by the Ancients
Perry Rhodan (cover of first issue (1961)) shows a rifle-shaped raygun, and a pistol in its holster.
Phantom Crash (video game): scoobees or mechs carry ether shoulder or arm-mounted lasers
Predator (franchise): Plasma caster, see Predator technology
Quake: BFG10K: plasma
Resistance: Fall of Man: Auger: similar to Half-Life 2's "OSIPIR"
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: "Tesla Gun": a multi-targeting electric shock gun
Robotech: Reflex Cannon (artillery-sized)
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow: An unnamed raygun firing glowing rings is used by Dex.
Stargate: Staff Weapon: a yellow plasma-bolt
intar: a red ball of energy
Kull disruptor: a blue blast
zat: a blue electrical discharge
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse: raygun: a red/blue bullet of energy
laser shotgun: a steady blue beam of energy
laser RPG: a swirling mass of red and white energy
Super Smash Bros. series: "Ray Gun": plasma
Star Trek: See Weapons of Star Trek
Star Wars: blaster: see blaster (Star Wars), which describes it in detail, but with unreal physics.
lightsaber
various weapons: see List of Star Wars ranged weapons
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 cartoon): traditional laser guns, carried by Bebop and Rocksteady
Terminator (franchise): Beam-weapons
Total Annihilation: may be a traditional laser, or may use coherent meson or pseudo-boson beams instead
Plasma Cannon: Bumble
Transformers (film): Plasma cannon, Bumblebee's secondary weapon
UFO: Enemy Unknown: laser pistols, laser rifles, heavy laser
Unreal Tournament 2004: "Lightning Gun": an electrolaser
V: shock rifle and pistol: unknown
Warhammer 40,000: numerous Imperial laser weapons (Lasgun, Laspistol, Lascannon, Volcano Cannon, Turbo-laser destructor, Ship-based Lances)
War of the Worlds (1898): "Heat-Ray"
(various): plasma rifle

:spergin:

quote:

Gallery

A typical imaginary raygun

Imaginary raygun, 2 views, with parts labelled

Small artillery sized version of same, being used.

Raygun with particle accelerator drum

:psyduck:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

graph posted:

i am intrigued

http://www.brooklynsupper.net/2010/07/quick-pickled-cherries-and-cucumbers/

they've got a really good fall/winter spice going on. pretty drat tasty

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

z0ratio fartboner posted:

lightly steamed broccoli is p pro

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
i cannot stand the texture of the fatty white parts on meat, it even triggers my gag reflex unconsciously

i don't like bell peppers or cucumbers either, but that's more a matter of preference

but i do eat pineapple, even on pizza, which makes some people look at me like i'm some kind of alien freak

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
fat on chicken = terrible

fat on duck = shovel that poo poo into my mouth

and what's so weird about a hawaiian pizza

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hawaiian pizza is amazing

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Grill everything, it's all good. If you ain't grilling your pizza I don't know what to tell you.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pizza = tomato + cheese + pepperoni and/or meatballs

if you put anything else on there then you are sub-human filth

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Sweevo posted:

look at this idiot thinks pizza out a cardboard box is "good". seriously, the more you can toss on a pizza the better. all those flavors partying on your palette is the best.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
"if your pizza costs more than a dollar from wal mart youare subhuman filth garbage" - a idiot named sweevo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sweevo posted:

you're boring

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

enjoy your stupid pineapple, egg, and lima bean pizzas weirdos

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
pizza as a whole is entirely overrated

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
i like pizza

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
all food owns except for water chestnuts. gently caress those things

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsimulated_sex_in_film

:stare:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Director/actor Melvin Van Peebles appears in several real sex scenes. [...] Van Peebles contracted a sexually transmitted disease while filming and successfully filed for worker's compensation.

that is awesome though

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Vincent Gallo is a pig. There I said it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Is anyone really doubting that?

Buffalo 66 was pretty good, though.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

did he force chloe to blow him on film? because i discovered today that she is from springfield ma so im sure blowing dudes for public spectacle is second nature to her

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sniep posted:

im picky about weird things like i hate raw tomatos and pickles. why? no idea, i just really dont like them.

but that's about it, everything else is good, and i like pickles in tartar sauce and tomatos in any form other than raw.

who knows?

ditto with the tomatoes. it's not a matter of just not liking it, like biting into a raw slice of tomato makes me gag. something about the texture ro something. i'm a very non-picky eater tho so i think it's ok to not like one thing

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i didn't like raw tomatoes either until i tried 'beefsteak' tomatoes. it doesn't have that 'tang' or 'gritty' texture to it

Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001
What kind of a name is Pizza Organ! anyway?

Dixie Flatline posted:

i didn't like raw tomatoes either until i tried 'beefsteak' tomatoes. it doesn't have that 'tang' or 'gritty' texture to it

try heirloom tomatoes, they own so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pineapple and jalapeņo, yo