Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

DangerDummy! posted:

You're not lying, friend. The show's been excellent. The 8/16 show was probably the best I've heard since I started listening, especially the first hour.

With a few exceptions, if he kicked the current crop of regular callers to the curb for good, it would only be for the best. Even Spike's only entertaining now when Tom spends two minutes explaining him to the audience. And, call me crazy, but I never got the thing with the goddamn puppet. That "I'm not a real boy" schtick was tired when Willie Tyler & Lester were doing it, for god's sake.

I love Wally Wackiman and the Z-Man! I love when Wackiman gets so nervous, Tom tells him he's losing the voice.

Also, the last show was amazing. I bought Chestnut Mare after hearing it and have been hooked to this insane song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
How can you not love Wally after he had the conversation with the Fredericks soundboard?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Davincie posted:

There will now be more then one episode of DLM a week whenever he is not lazy! :woop:

So... One episode a week still?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Matt Besser is really taking criticism to heart I think, he had a ton more energy the last two days on the Earwolf Challenge. I think Bob and Dan are finally out, with Laime and Left Handed the other two of the bottom 3.
I'm kind of pulling for Left Handed Radio at this point, just because it would be the only one of its kind on Earwolf, whereas the rest are all chat shows.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

So... One episode a week still?

There were 2 episodes this week and a new section of the show which I'd say is a pretty good start.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I love Wally Wackiman and the Z-Man! I love when Wackiman gets so nervous, Tom tells him he's losing the voice.

Also, the last show was amazing. I bought Chestnut Mare after hearing it and have been hooked to this insane song.

I like Wally Wackiman, but Z Man gets on my nerves. I read the Friends of Tom boards and the fragility of his ego is pretty surprising. It's not personal, but sometimes it seems like he thinks Tom and the show owe him something.

That said, the last two episodes have been fantastic. Tom's talk of demon summoning was hilarious.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Decline posted:

I like Wally Wackiman, but Z Man gets on my nerves. I read the Friends of Tom boards and the fragility of his ego is pretty surprising. It's not personal, but sometimes it seems like he thinks Tom and the show owe him something.

That said, the last two episodes have been fantastic. Tom's talk of demon summoning was hilarious.

Yeah. I do think it's hilarious that when Wally gets flustered he starts talking more like Z-man, but then a couple of weeks ago when Z-man called in and started getting worked up he started sounding like Wally.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I complained about episode 120 of Comedy Bang Bang in it's 'Comments' section and they banned me from the forums.

What an awesome place Earwolf is! If you lather their rear end up properly they let you hang around but if you say a show is awful they put their fingers in their ears and boot you out.

It really makes me want to donate!

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 30, 2011

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
Did you say something worthwhile or just call it awful?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Davincie posted:

There were 2 episodes this week and a new section of the show which I'd say is a pretty good start.

What's the new section?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

soru posted:

Come on, you know the answer to that --

the only 'unregistered' comment posted:

The episode started very poorly and dipped lower shortly after. Then Harris and Adam made it better as their characters, then the whole thing took a horrifying nosedive as Chelsea Peretti started "acting".

I don't care how tired you all are or how hot it is; poo poo is still poo poo. Why is this episode poo poo?

1. Characters are best when they are held through the whole bit. Andy Daily never says "And now I'll stop being Don Dimelo and just be me" He commits to the role and stays in character until the bit is done, then the Don Dimelo leaves and Andy re-enters the studio. Fading in and out of characters is lousy acting and very irritating.

2. Finding yourselves so terribly amusing is really off-putting. If something is genuinely funny then laugh, but being all giddy and finding that everything you say gives you the giggles and is hilarious is annoying and sounds like a pack of teenagers doing a podcast.

3. Where the hell are the games?

In summary, four people who can't hold a character sit in a studio and make each other laugh and we get to listen to it; good work everyone. This episode was so bothersome I signed up just to voice my distaste.

I'm not giving up on the show yet but episodes like have been produced lately really make me miss the Pod F Tompkast.

Feel free to take this post as an honest (if acerbic) critique of the show, or simply discount it as the ranting of some rear end in a top hat on the internet, I really don't care I just had to have my say because the show has been much better and I hope it will be again.

If you signed up just to complain, why shouldn't they boot your rear end?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Why would you complain about the best CBB in recent memory anyway :stare:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Because I jump around and stacking that episode up against Bill Cosby Bukowski, the new episode is garbage. Also it was just bad.

soru posted:

My first post (edit: see above) was met with posts calling me a retard and having no sense of humor. I attempted a well thought out rebuttal, which was removed. After that I appologised to the admins for not being a big enough suck up to have my messages stay up, and I got banned.

No I am not an idiot, I realize that the post that got me banned was childish mod-sass but gently caress those assholes. You can empty post for days as long as it is sycophantic sucking up like:

"Wonderful stuff. The kind of bizzaro chucklemining that only CBB can give!"
and
"Thank you for being so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
and
"This was super great!"

But defending your position and then airing a gripe about being censored is dealt with swiftly and harshly.

gently caress it, I'll just post here where the mods are reasonable and the discussion is (typically) of a higher calibur.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 30, 2011

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Why the gently caress would you think they would want you there when you loving trash what they do?

Nothing you said was constructive criticism at all. All you did was poo poo all over the episode. No wonder they didn't want you to be around them. You seem like a reaaaal fun guy to be around.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

So not only did you go to their house and poo poo on them, but then you expressly called out the moderators. Poor poor you.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Perhaps I am in a foul mood, so just never mind. This isn't going to do anything but turn into a poo poo storm. I will refrain from posting on CBB or in this thread.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Doesn't surprise me, I think Earwolf has been up their own rear end for a while now. But if I were them I would have banned you too. Then I would ban everybody else and be the lonely king of the forums.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

There sat Evil Agita, atop the smoldering ruins of his internet forum. The ban hammer, once covered with cobwebs, glistened with the blood of trolls, mods and lurkers alike. He thought to himself "Nice and quiet... LOL... hello?"

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

King Lou posted:

There sat Evil Agita, atop the smoldering ruins of his internet forum. The ban hammer, once covered with cobwebs, glistened with the blood of trolls, mods and lurkers alike. He thought to himself "Nice and quiet... LOL... hello?"

But what would Lou Read? :ohdear:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
That's just the sort of fiction that would get me to start reading my novels in English again.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

SKULE123 posted:

But what would Lou Read? :ohdear:

Oh, Evil Agita only ruined his own forum. I could still go to Cum on Food. I actually just went there to grab stills for the powerpoint that I'm running during my show in two weeks. Still makes me want to barf. I mean it could just be hand lotion but just the implication that its jizz turns my guts. Also there are just a lot of people putting videos of themselves cumming on all manner of random junk on the internet right now... blech... I just ordered barf bags for my show (not kidding)

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I tried playing that episode for my wife and a passenger friend on the way to a wedding this weekend, but they didn't last past the first 2 stories. Had to settle for the Witch forums and the Happy Bachelor forums - they were still pretty good. :)

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

SKULE123 posted:

I tried playing that episode for my wife and a passenger friend on the way to a wedding this weekend, but they didn't last past the first 2 stories. Had to settle for the Witch forums and the Happy Bachelor forums - they were still pretty good. :)

Ha. Thanks. Well, at least now your friend and wife know not to trust anyone around their food... EVER. I hope they enjoyed the other non-cum related stuff at least.

I know A LOT of my friends who stopped listening early on and are surprised when I tell them I'm still doing it and up to 79 or something. Doing this live is going to be weird indeed. I expect a lot of people laughing to keep from crying/throwing up.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Indolent Bastard posted:

Perhaps I am in a foul mood, so just never mind. This isn't going to do anything but turn into a poo poo storm. I will refrain from posting on CBB or in this thread.

Do you realize you are exactly what people don't enjoy about the internet?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not that I agree with Indolent Bastard(I've never listened to anything from earwolf) but if you're going to have a comments section and not let anyone post any negative comments or get all huffy when they do, just change it to a loving 'like' button and get it over with.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Like most things in life, it's not what you say but how you say it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

jyrka posted:

What's the new section?

Doug's Oscars. He talks about movies he thought was great but got passed over either by the critical establishment or the public.

As for Lou Reads, what is a good starter episode to get the feel of the show?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Hrmmm...

I'd say that the drug stories and sex stories are the most popular.

http://loureads.com/tag/sex-stories/

http://loureads.com/tag/drug-stories/

http://loureads.com/tag/educational/

It really depends on what you want out of the listening I guess. Funny Stories? Gross grossness? Head shaking sadness? Just going through the back catalog myself I was like "Well that one is disturbing... okay... yeah, that was a good one... TOO MANY CHOICES!!!"

Unless someone chimes in with a fave I'd say just dive in. The latest one made me laugh when I was listening to it at work. The earlier episodes are shorter if that matters to you. Don't forget some of the episodes have extra content on the blog itself.

Also there are these 3 episodes which I made into videos. They are pretty short.
http://loureads.com/2011/07/11/old-lou-reads-episodes-on-youtube-in-video-style-watchables/

http://loureads.com/2011/07/13/lou-reads-about-bestiality-repeat-in-video-form-nsfw/

Thanks for giving it a listen!

bartok
May 10, 2006

I don't get the Earwolf love. No offense but I only really like Sklarbro Country.

Has there been any more news about Red Bar Radio besides James Fritz getting his own podcast? Also any Nobody Likes Onions fans ? Frequent co-host Josh Denny has been on quite a roll as of late.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
This week's CBB was pretty funny, I liked Adam Scott and Harris Wittels. But Chelsea Peretti was super annoying (pretty sure she was drunk?) which kind of sucked because I like her otherwise in other stuff I've seen her be a part of. She didn't have much funny to say herself and just had this really bad drunk-sounding laugh. Not that I have anything against comedians being wasted on podcasts generally, but in this case it was not working for her. I was laughing at some parts of the lumber yard workers bit, though.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

goldrush posted:

This week's CBB was pretty funny, I liked Adam Scott and Harris Wittels. But Chelsea Peretti was super annoying (pretty sure she was drunk?) which kind of sucked because I like her otherwise in other stuff I've seen her be a part of. She didn't have much funny to say herself and just had this really bad drunk-sounding laugh. Not that I have anything against comedians being wasted on podcasts generally, but in this case it was not working for her. I was laughing at some parts of the lumber yard workers bit, though.

The slow reveal that each lumber guy had sex with other guys wife who also happened to be his own sister was hilarious.

I thought Chelsea was fine although the guys bulldozed over most of her bits. When they finally got around to doing her character bits it started okay but then some of the characters there were doing were so obviously just loving around that it got a little boring. Over all I thought it was a fun show.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

King Lou posted:

The slow reveal that each lumber guy had sex with other guys wife who also happened to be his own sister was hilarious.

I thought Chelsea was fine although the guys bulldozed over most of her bits. When they finally got around to doing her character bits it started okay but then some of the characters there were doing were so obviously just loving around that it got a little boring. Over all I thought it was a fun show.

Harris trying to trip Adam up by heightening the stakes like that without thinking it through was great. I laughed so hard when he finally realized the implications.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Creflo Chronicle posted:

Harris trying to trip Adam up by heightening the stakes like that without thinking it through was great. I laughed so hard when he finally realized the implications.

I do like the way that every character that comes on is subject to a gradual racheting up of ridiculousness as the episode goes on. It's great when they come back as well, because then you end up with something as nuts as what we've now got with Cake Boss, with three different types of bite causing different powers and his consumption of a sentient cake.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I tried to give CDR/CBB a chance before by listening to the first episode, but it honestly just kind of dragged for me. But people here seem to love it, so I kinda want to give it another chance. Is there a best epsiode to start with, or should I just look for guests that I know I like and go with that one? I saw one that had Adam Scott and PFT in the same episode, and that got me a bit excited.

LITERALLY MAD IRL
Oct 30, 2008

And Malcolm Gladwell likes what he hears!

goldrush posted:

But Chelsea Peretti was super annoying (pretty sure she was drunk?) which kind of sucked because I like her otherwise in other stuff I've seen her be a part of. She didn't have much funny to say herself and just had this really bad drunk-sounding laugh. Not that I have anything against comedians being wasted on podcasts generally, but in this case it was not working for her.

What you say?!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I tried to give CDR/CBB a chance before by listening to the first episode, but it honestly just kind of dragged for me. But people here seem to love it, so I kinda want to give it another chance. Is there a best epsiode to start with, or should I just look for guests that I know I like and go with that one? I saw one that had Adam Scott and PFT in the same episode, and that got me a bit excited.

Yeah, that one is pretty great, James Adomian as Jesse Ventura and PFT as Ice T.
Another good one to get an idea about the show is the Best of 2009 show, between 34 and 35.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Bill Cosby Bukowski episode is awesome (someone mentioned it earlier), also anything with Nick Kroll or PFT is awesome.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The Nick Kroll / Paul Scheer episode (71 or 72?) with the Earwolf station identifier origin was what made me *get* CDR, whereas I didn't really understand or enjoy the improv character work before that.

Also the Paul F. Tompkins + Rob Corddry + Lake Bell episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Ok, I'll try to check a few of those out. Probably the Best of '09, and something with PFT in it. Thanks.

I think the radio show format sort of put me off of the first epsiode for some reason, so I'm going to give whatever episode I listen to next a bit more attention.

e: Did anyone here get the Monday Morning Podcast Select when it came out? I really like the MM Podcast, but I don't know how I feel about Bill speaking with someone that isn't Nia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Ok, I'll try to check a few of those out. Probably the Best of '09, and something with PFT in it. Thanks.

I think the radio show format sort of put me off of the first epsiode for some reason, so I'm going to give whatever episode I listen to next a bit more attention.

It was originally made for radio and simultaneously turned into a podcast. I didn't really like the first few episodes either, it took a little while for them to get into a nice groove.

• Locked thread