Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I'm playing overclocked right now and I'm at a battle that I don't remember being this hard before.

Day 6 at noon, Gin actively tries to get himself killed by running headlong into battle like he's attached via a series of magnets.

I'm going to try this another couple of times, but if I don't pass it soon I'm going to put this game down for a while. His AI is just so stupid.
Those types of battles are the reason you can get demons that let you swap position with people, try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Those types of battles are the reason you can get demons that let you swap position with people, try that.

Oh, I did that. To hilarious ends. Picture this: All of the enemies are dead except the boss. The Boss is crippled. "He" is almost dead too, but I switch places with him and fight the boss, taking him to within a single hit of being dead. The next turn "He" rushes back to the boss anyway and gets killed.

I hate this fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For those curious about the Law 8th day in DS:

The lockdown is lifted and the government and Angels begin to work on getting rid of the remaining COMPs. Anyone who has committed a serious sin gets a "Brand of Sin" (replacing the Death Clock) and gets smote by angels. The protagonist can attempt to redeem these people before they get smote. Eventually, you encounter Honda trying to break free of the lockdown. Despite the fact that protagonist is the King of Bel, a mysterious voice offers Honda power and grants him Susano-o.

You fight Honda and find out that the Creator God of Japan is pissed at the protagonist's God trying to take his land. He offers you a deal. He'll abdicate Japan to you if you can complete his test. Fail and he'll destroy Japan and everyone in it and make it over from scratch. His test: Find Cain and make him understand the significance of what he did and feel regret. You find Naoya and talk to him and then are forced to find out more about the story of Cain from various sources. One is Honda (whose son died while he was in lockdown and who is basically suicidal) and a few other sources. Eventually, you confront Naoya and have a talkdown with him, but he leaves.

You go to fight the Creator God but he is immortal due to his "mother's" power resurrecting him instantly. Kill him twice and Naoya/Cain shows up and goes "gently caress ya'll, I'm gonna protect Abel this time," and blocks the god's respawning. You kick his rear end a final time, he abdicates and Japan becomes the sole property of God. Crime falls to less then 2% and all COMPs are destroyed.

The rest of the team remains in Japan while the protagonist travels to other lands where it is implied he'll have to battle their deities as well. Naoya says he'll be watching to see if the protagonist can change the world or is just a pawn.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I'm playing overclocked right now and I'm at a battle that I don't remember being this hard before.

Day 6 at noon, Gin actively tries to get himself killed by running headlong into battle like he's attached via a series of magnets.

I'm going to try this another couple of times, but if I don't pass it soon I'm going to put this game down for a while. His AI is just so stupid.

Maybe they made him weaker for OC? I remember that fight being really easy in the original because he just kicked everybody's rear end.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So my friend just linked me this, apparently some info on the Persona reveal. Dunno how trustworthy neogaf is about this stuff though so v:v:v
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442970

Presona 4 will see a re-release three years after its original launch. This time, it’s coming to PlayStation Vita.

Persona 4: The Golden is an enhanced port for Sony’s new handheld, adding new characters, movie events, animated scenes, and more. It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version. Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters.

Out in Japan in spring 2012, it will utilize the “communications capabilities” of PlayStation Vita.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's dropping all over the internet right now in Japan. Here's Esuteru on it

"New characters - "Marie" (Voice: Kana Hanazawa),
such as bathing or movie event · recorded a new animated movie
animation for the opening of his new songs • The use Shoji Meguro
• The voice is 1.5 times the amount of PS2 version
· system with a call for help with the communications capabilities of PSVITA
 when entering → ​​dying in the dungeon, rescue出Seru request. I like Mon Blower rescue.
The most frequent request from users realized that playing and original version
 Tip → Adding ● ● ●, ● ● ● will be announced later parts
will be released in spring 2012 ·"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Afterwards they will begin by remaking Persona 1 over again. Persona 5 will never be released.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ARC SYSTEM WORKS MAKING PERSONA 4 FIGHTING GAME

2D fighting games published by Arc System Works and Atlas.
The arcade version is running in the spring of 2012, will be released in the summer of 2012 Xbox360 and PS3.

- "Persona 4" story describing the incident that occurred two months after the
 bear → sponsored (?) to "P-1 Grand Prix" will appear in a wrestling program
development • "Bray Blue Team"
- "4" In addition to "3" character from the race
known characters • Current
 hunger Yu (Izanagi) Chie Satonaka / (Tomoe) /
 Yosuke Hanamura (Jiraiya) / Aegis (Athena) / current development of the next title numbering preparation for completion. Mr. Katsura Hashino director, character designer Chengji Mr. Soejima, main composer in charge of Mr. Shoji Meguro.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You should probably post that in the fighting game thread too

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

The arcade version is running in the spring of 2012, will be released in the summer of 2012 Xbox360 and PS3.

Yosuke Hanamura (Jiraiya) / Aegis (Athena) / current development of the next title numbering preparation for completion. Mr. Katsura Hashino director, character designer Chengji Mr. Soejima, main composer in charge of Mr. Shoji Meguro.

What the loving poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Fox better be playable or I will be literally mad.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Policenaut posted:

poo poo, they should have just made a general SMT fighting game.

Goddamn I suck at fighting games but this will be day one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I want an SMT all stars fighter not just Persona :argh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

Giant Bomb is going to be all over this game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Wait, Aigis is listed as a preliminary character. This may be an all-inclusive Persona fighting game.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

loving what :psyduck:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah I want an SMT all stars fighter not just Persona :argh:

I swear to god there had better be a demi-fiend dlc pack.

(I hope they add some kind of elemental weakness system)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Or it might be a primarily Persona 4 fighter with a couple of Persona 3 cameos.

EDIT: v Bear Patrol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the hell about Persona 4 made them suddenly decide to give it an anime, a Vita port and a loving fighting game all at once?

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
I swear I was thinking about how cool a JUMP style game with SMT characters would be a few months ago.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Andriasang has pieced it all together

The fighting game is a Persona 3/4 crossover fighter.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

andriasang.com posted:

Other elements that fans of the original requested

What could those possibly be?

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Policenaut posted:

Wow, they haven't even started on P5 yet. I wonder how long it's going to be until it comes out.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Milk harder, Atlus! You may yet be able to squeeze something more out of those Persona Teats.

Also, gently caress that fighting game. Only P3/4? Really? I'm losing faith in Atlus with every passing day. :smith:

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Well first, yeah, what in God's name. This sounds either awesome or like we're witnessing a slow decline into Square-Enixland.

As long as the writing is good, I don't care. After Catherine, I have my doubts.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

This fighting game is being made by the BlazBlue team, folks. They will probably shovel in P1/2 dudes as DLC.

I sure as hell hope so because god drat you cannot make a loving Persona fighting game without Eikichi Mishina you fuckers.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

As long as the writing is good, I don't care. After Catherine, I have my doubts.

Writing? In a fighting game? Eh... I'm sure they'll have some nice winning quotes? :)

FINALmasa
Feb 12, 2006

Ask me about how feminists are feminists because they can't get laid.

Don't worry, I'm not some sexist ass, MRAs are MRAs because they can't get laid either. By the way, I am totally an MRA!

ImpAtom posted:

What the hell about Persona 4 made them suddenly decide to give it an anime, a Vita port and a loving fighting game all at once?

It sold so poorly that they're trying to give the sales of the new port a boost through a bunch of merchandising and spinoffs. As you recall, Persona 4 merely sold quite a bit more than Persona 3, and so it was deemed a failure.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Because god drat you cannot make a loving Persona fighting game without Reiji Kido you fuckers.

Wow, what a typo! Good thing i fixed it. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Krad posted:

Writing? In a fighting game? Eh... I'm sure they'll have some nice winning quotes? :)
They probably meant the remake's new dialogue.

EDIT: Also I believe you both meant Baofu McNoLastName

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.

Krad posted:

Ha, I mean mostly with the additions to 4. But yeah, I guess fighting games do call for ridiculous poo poo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Technique posted:

Wow, what a typo! Good thing i fixed it. :v:

What the, that's not FABULOUS. BAAAYBAAAAAAAAAAY

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

In all honesty though I'm curious to just how long they can milk the Persona series. I mean it's obviously still printing money for them but that teat is going to dry eventually.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

Ha, I mean mostly with the additions to 4. But yeah, I guess fighting games do call for ridiculous poo poo.

Oh. Whelp, it'll be just as good as P3P's additions, I'm sure. It wasn't that much different anyway.

Endorph posted:

EDIT: Also I believe you both meant Baofu McNoLastName

Black Frost or you don't get my money. :colbert:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Assuming that the protagonists from P3 and P4 are characters in the fighting game what are they going to be named?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

What the, that's not FABULOUS. BAAAYBAAAAAAAAAAY

I dunno, running around with your shirt open 24/7 is somewhat fabulous.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tooooooo bad posted:

Assuming that the protagonists from P3 and P4 are characters in the fighting game what are they going to be named?
The P4 Anime is giving the protagonist the name Yu Narukami, so probably that.

Maybe they'll stuck with the manga's name for P3's?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah I imagine they're going with Minato Arisato.

Shinjiro better be here because it ain't fair what happens in P3, not one bit.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

A P4 fighting game seems kinda dumb? I mean, wouldn't Chie just Galactic Punt everything to death anyway? Seems like they didn't think this all the way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Policenaut posted:

I wouldn't want it unless I could play as Black Mark anyway...