Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
I just read the Andriasang article and my head exploded. SO PUMPED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

The P4 Anime is giving the protagonist the name Yu Narukami, so probably that.

Maybe they'll stuck with the manga's name for P3's?

Also wouldn't the events of P3 preclude the protagonist from showing up? My canon! :argh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Seriously though, i wonder why they didn't just make a Dissidia-styled fighter with characters from the entire SMT franchise instead. I want Takeshi to shoot Serph with a shotgun. I want the Demifiend to punch Nanjo in the nuts. I want Snakeman to moderately annoy Junpei.

Instead we will most likely get FanserviceFest 2011. Look out for Naoto's sailor fuku outfit, only 320 MS Points.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Oh no, am I going to main Chie or Aigis? Atlus you are tearing me apart!

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.

Technique posted:

Instead we will most likely get FanserviceFest 2011. Look out for Naoto's sailor fuku outfit, only 320 MS Points.

I mean, this will probably happen but,

Atlus/ASW* no!

*Initially wrote ACS for Arc System Works. Somehow.

Cheap Diner Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 31, 2011

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Technique posted:

Seriously though, i wonder why they didn't just make a Dissidia-styled fighter with characters from the entire SMT franchise instead. I want Takeshi to shoot Serph with a shotgun. I want the Demifiend to punch Nanjo in the nuts. I want Snakeman to moderately annoy Junpei.

This assumes that Dissidia is a good fighting game. Not that I have much faith in the the team responsible for Blazblue but I'm sure we'll find it in a couple months if the game is trash or not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like the Umineko fighter where it's a fun little game for fans but absolutely abysmal at being a fighting game. (You know, the important part)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

This assumes that Dissidia is a good fighting game. Not that I have much faith in the the team responsible for Blazblue but I'm sure we'll find it in a couple months if the game is trash or not.

I meant "Dissidia-styled" as in "Lots of characters from all the games".

(i have never actually played any of the Dissidias!)

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions and please spare yourself and never play those games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like the Umineko fighter where it's a fun little game for fans but absolutely abysmal at being a fighting game. (You know, the important part)

It won't turn out like the Umineko fighter, because this game is actually coming out on PS3 too! Unlike YOU Ougon Musou Kyoku, gently caress you the Umineko visual novel is actually on PS3 what the gently caress is your problem.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm incapable of playing fighting games so the only appeal to me at this point is seeing characters from Persona games drawn and animated by the dudes behind BlazBlue. :allears:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Except this game is being developed by a company and specific team that has already made a well-received fighting game series. The developer of the Umineko fighting game has made visual novels.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ougon Musou Kyoku really looks like it was made by Arc interns.

Like the dudes who want to work on BlazBlue 3 or whatever got sent over there to ghost-make it for 07th Expansion to prove their worth.

And then Arc made BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend instead.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Well, I guess if there was no mention of a female protagonist with the initial Persona 4 remake for Vita, it's most likely not going to happen.

Don't mind me while I'm over here sulking in the corner.

The fighting game thing is pretty unexpected, and kind of funny. I don't mind that kind of milking, but I don't have much interest in buying it. They'd be able to get my money if...

Technique posted:

Yeah, that! Also with Raidou Kuzunoha. Maybe with Raiho as an secret character, or a character that appears in a combo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Would pay BlazBlue DLC highway robbery prices for a Raidou Kuzunoha DLC character.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Metatron as a Galactus style arcade mode boss. :allears:

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Catalina posted:

Well, I guess if there was no mention of a female protagonist with the initial Persona 4 remake for Vita, it's most likely not going to happen.

Don't mind me while I'm over here sulking in the corner.

There's speculation floating around that Mari/Marie/Mary might be the female protagonist, and she's named because the male protag has a name in the upcoming anime adaptation.

I don't know, man, I'm holding out hope. I really want a female route in this.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Wait...wait..what if Igor is a playable character in the Persona fighter? Super nose attack!

Policenaut posted:

Would pay BlazBlue DLC highway robbery prices for a Raidou Kuzunoha DLC character.

Seconded. Or even just a Raidou Kuzunoha DLC outfit for one of the characters you could play as.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

dumb brunette posted:

There's speculation floating around that Mari/Marie/Mary might be the female protagonist, and she's named because the male protag has a name in the upcoming anime adaptation.

If I can't date Kanji then I won't buy this END OF.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

A female main character would be cool, but I'd just be happy with some new content. Hell, I'm just happy it's getting a PSV port in the first place!

(fanart)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's kinda funny how Atlus first went "Yeah, we're totally gonna make a Persona game on 3DS" then nothing happened for a year and suddenly "WHOA PERSONA 4 ON VITA ALL UP IN THIS BITCH"

Also Teddie is obviously going to be the Zangief/Iron Tager of this game. It's time for a Bear Hug!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe this "Mary" is actually the new female character. Or Mary from Persona 1.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Policenaut posted:

It's kinda funny how Atlus first went "Yeah, we're totally gonna make a Persona game on 3DS" then nothing happened for a year and suddenly "WHOA PERSONA 4 ON VITA ALL UP IN THIS BITCH"

Also Teddie is obviously going to be the Zangief/Iron Tager of this game. It's time for a Bear Hug!

Watch the 3DS game be Persona 5 just for maximum troll value.

Also, P4 fighting game sounds either awesome or ridiculous. I wonder just how over-the-top they're going to make the whole thing.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I enjoyed GG and BB but I didn't like how Arc System handled the Sengoku Basara fighting game, so it's difficult for me to get excited over this. Unless they have the Persona handle like Stands, and then I think we can go hog wild :kakashi:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

Also, P4 fighting game sounds either awesome or ridiculous. I wonder just how over-the-top they're going to make the whole thing.

Wasn't the DS suppose to get a port of Persona 1? Probably that for all five people who wanted it on their DS.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

dumb brunette posted:

Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too. I don't have my hopes very high, though, because when P3P was announced one of the first things mentioned was the female protagonist. But then again, there was art to go along with the announcement, and this is just text. Ah, who knows. As a female player, I'm pretty biased towards games with a female protagonist or route, because they've been pretty rare up to this point and time. If there was a female protagonist for the remake, I'd probably buy a Vita just for the game. Otherwise, I'll just preorder the game for the bonuses and sell it. :v: Then if I get a Vita, I'll buy it when the price is down. I do really like some of the additions that were mentioned.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 31, 2011

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Justice posted:

I enjoyed GG and BB but I didn't like how Arc System handled the Sengoku Basara fighting game, so it's difficult for me to get excited over this. Unless they have the Persona handle like Stands, and then I think we can go hog wild :kakashi:

The JoJo system seems like the best way to handle personas.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm F5ing the usual Japanese grainy cellphone picture websites as hard as I can folks. If I get a "scan" (read: terribly photographed image) I'll post it with extreme prejudice.

Also with BIG BOLD TEXT

Justice posted:

Funny enough, Arc is actually making another licensed anime fighting game due out this November. Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan.

I wonder how it'll turn out.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Rirse posted:

Maybe this "Mary" is actually the new female character. Or Mary from Persona 1.

Marie is probably just a new SLink character or a new Velvet Limo hostess. She is unlikely to be the protagonist because she has a name, and Mary from Persona 1's name is Maki.

Pureauthor posted:

Apparently it takes place two years after Persona 4, so it should be neat to see how the kids grew up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Policenaut posted:

ARC SYSTEM WORKS MAKING PERSONA 4 FIGHTING GAME

2D fighting games published by Arc System Works and Atlas.
The arcade version is running in the spring of 2012, will be released in the summer of 2012 Xbox360 and PS3.

- "Persona 4" story describing the incident that occurred two months after the
 bear → sponsored (?) to "P-1 Grand Prix" will appear in a wrestling program
development • "Bray Blue Team"
- "4" In addition to "3" character from the race
known characters • Current
 hunger Yu (Izanagi) Chie Satonaka / (Tomoe) /
 Yosuke Hanamura (Jiraiya) / Aegis (Athena) / current development of the next title numbering preparation for completion. Mr. Katsura Hashino director, character designer Chengji Mr. Soejima, main composer in charge of Mr. Shoji Meguro.

Unless this game ends up being like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure then it will be terrible. That is the only proper way to make this game.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Policenaut posted:

I'm F5ing the usual Japanese grainy cellphone picture websites as hard as I can folks. If I get a "scan" (read: terribly photographed image) I'll post it with extreme prejudice.

Also with BIG BOLD TEXT

Funny enough, Arc is actually making another licensed anime fighting game due out this November. Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan.

I wonder how it'll turn out.

I don't know what that is, but Sengoku Basara X was kind of half-assed. Only 10 characters, and not even all of the most popular characters from the series were playable. The assist thing and assist hyper break mother fucker combos or whatever were not very useful in actual play. The deluxe edition was neat, though. Hopefully this game comes out with some sort of konamistyle package that is actually worthwhile, rather than the lackluster konamistyle Persona 4 actually had.

FINALmasa
Feb 12, 2006

Ask me about how feminists are feminists because they can't get laid.

Don't worry, I'm not some sexist ass, MRAs are MRAs because they can't get laid either. By the way, I am totally an MRA!

Catalina posted:

Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too. I don't have my hopes very high, though, because when P3P was announced one of the first things mentioned was the female protagonist. But then again, there was art to go along with the announcement, and this is just text. Ah, who knows. As a female player, I'm pretty biased towards games with a female protagonist or route, because they've been pretty rare up to this point and time. If there was a female protagonist for the remake, I'd probably buy a Vita just for the game. Otherwise, I'll just preorder the game for the bonuses and sell it. :V Then if I get a Vita, I'll buy it when the price is down. I do really like some of the additions that were mentioned.

I'm just hoping for a female protagonist because it would add content that would make the game worth buying. They keep releasing games on PSP that I can't play, so it would be nice to have some reason to get it. At the same time, the Vita will be even more expensive, so it'd have to have some killer titles to make it worthwhile. Since I've never played a New Game Plus before, I'd much rather play a new version of the game instead of just playing the old one again. On the other hand, P4 is better than P3 in just about every way, so there's less reason to play an improved version (except that the PSP version is a downgrade in many ways anyway, which this game will probably avoid).

Also, I'm pretty sure a licensed fighting game is doomed to failure. Has there been a good one that doesn't involve Marvel?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

Apparently it takes place two years after Persona 4, so it should be neat to see how the kids grew up.

They're giving a year? Is this game going to be canon? :psyduck:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FINALmasa posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure a licensed fighting game is doomed to failure. Has there been a good one that doesn't involve Marvel?

Def Jam: Fight for NY

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

FINALmasa posted:

The handheld Bleach fighting games are generally accepted as being at least decent, and there's also the Melty Blood series.

BALL
Aug 6, 2001

slam duck
Oh, gently caress. Dojima has to be in this. His special could be him throwing Nanako's birthday cake at his opponent.

Dojima is the best bad dad. :cop:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

FINALmasa posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3O9dDj4Ck&list=FLv6TMUs6bY37zHh56M4fqaA&index=9&feature=plpp

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

FINALmasa posted:

The JUMP superstar games are pretty good.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Looks like it's not point and click this time.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Seta's got a pretty smug grin going on there.

(Edit: I just realized that, much like the PSP before it, the main reason I want a Vita is for the remastered old games like Disgaea 3 and Persona 4.)