Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

Looks like it's not point and click this time.

Dammit. At least I can warp to the other areas no matter where I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The Golden what? Golden Shower? Well, i guess they had to take the Dating Sim GamePlay a step further.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FINALmasa posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure a licensed fighting game is doomed to failure. Has there been a good one that doesn't involve Marvel?
JoJo's is licensed, you know.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

tooooooo bad posted:

loving what :psyduck:

This basically sums up my feelings.
Never in a million years did I expect something like this to be dropped. A loving fighting game?! When the FF series announced Dissidia I barely bat a eyelash, but I had to reread this news a few times for it to sink in.
Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the anime fighting genre recently (or at all), but it just seems like such a small audience to be selling too. Unless this gets extremely high praise, it'll most definitely be a bargin bin buy for me.

However, P4P is awesome news. Ever since I got a real job, I haven't had enough time to play console RPG's, and now that my backlog is getting ported, I couldn't be happier.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FINALmasa posted:

I'm just hoping for a female protagonist because it would add content that would make the game worth buying. They keep releasing games on PSP that I can't play, so it would be nice to have some reason to get it. At the same time, the Vita will be even more expensive, so it'd have to have some killer titles to make it worthwhile. Since I've never played a New Game Plus before, I'd much rather play a new version of the game instead of just playing the old one again. On the other hand, P4 is better than P3 in just about every way, so there's less reason to play an improved version (except that the PSP version is a downgrade in many ways anyway, which this game will probably avoid).

Also, I'm pretty sure a licensed fighting game is doomed to failure. Has there been a good one that doesn't involve Marvel?

Yeah one extra Slink and an animated cut-scene or two isn't really going to make this worth buying. The female protagonist gave a different perspective and spiced it up a little so I hope they are just holding out on that announcement.

The fighting game on the other hand is seriously out of nowhere. I know it's P3/P4 but they better release previous characters as DLC or something since they are all the best ones.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TurnipFritter posted:

Looks like it's not point and click this time.

Fuuuuck where did you find this? I have like 3 scan websites open :psyduck:

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Technique posted:

The Golden what? Golden Shower? Well, i guess they had to take the Dating Sim GamePlay a step further.

I love the title, although I wish the fighting game was named The Golden. It just sounds like some real bad translation, and usually when fighting games sound like that they're so hilariously bad it's fun.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh and if Adachi, Naoto or Shinjiro are not in the game then gently caress it. As hype as Chie makes me I need more than one character to play as to have fun otherwise it is not worth it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Baalster posted:

Oh and if Adachi, Naoto or Shinjiro are not in the game then gently caress it. As hype as Chie makes me I need more than one character to play as to have fun otherwise it is not worth it.

AWWWW YEAH GOT MAH BOY SHINJIRO

He totally fits into that slow but powerful blade user type ala Hakumen.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I hope Chie has a Johnny Cage style ball kick called Trial of the Dragon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Baalster posted:

Do you honestly believe they are going to leave out Naoto? She's a PC.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Policenaut posted:

It was on one of half a dozen (Japanese) message boards I was looking through. I, uh, don't actually know which one it was, because I closed the board window when I found it.

Also, y'all, the screen shot in the top righthand corner is the character select screen from the fighting game, it seems.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Armor-Piercing posted:

Except this game is being developed by a company and specific team that has already made a well-received fighting game series.

Which fighting game series would that be

HNK is as busted as it is wonderful and vice versa

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Do you honestly believe they are going to leave out Naoto? She's a PC.

Yes. You may not have noticed but my opinion of the Atlus overseers is not a high one.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Mio Bison posted:

Uh Guilty Gear (and i guess Blazblu even though Blazblu is pretty eh)

And also HNK, which is fabulously stupid but at least hilarious

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 31, 2011

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Mio Bison posted:

Regardless of your actual opinion on the games (I mean, you have a BB avatar), both Guilty Gear and Blazblue have indeed been 'well-received'.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Baalster posted:

Yes. You may not have noticed but my opinion of the Atlus overseers is not a high one.

Like i said: sailor fuku DLC. OF COURSE they'll include Naoto.

And for just 600 MSP more you'll get Chie and Yukiko's bikinis.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

This would be really exciting news if it was five years ago and I still thought Arc System Works made games I like. I'll still buy it if they include Raidou Kuzunoha and Adachi, though, because I am a consumer whore.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

The thing about Famitsu these days is that each new issue only matters for the fifteen minutes it takes to scan them and 2ch to report the contents, and always three days before it gets on the newsstand. Who even buys them anymore?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can only see the protagonist's mouth in that pic and he looks like a total smug bastard.

Now I NEED a Vita, hopefully there's a FEMC as well.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

TurnipFritter posted:

Also, y'all, the screen shot in the top righthand corner is the character select screen from the fighting game, it seems.
I see about 11 character slots. Hoping that means DLC for more, but more importantly, that means we aren't even getting all the main characters to start, right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Technique posted:

Who is actually going to buy those costumes?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Baalster posted:

Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baalster posted:

I take it you are not familiar with nerd culture as a whole on both sides of the Big Pond.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Alteisen posted:

You can only see the protagonist's mouth in that pic and he looks like a total smug bastard.

Now I NEED a Vita, hopefully there's a FEMC as well.

Knowing Atlus, they probably goof up and think FEMC is just your main character always wearing that dress from the beauty pageants.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

Denial is something I am very familiar with.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Baalster posted:

Creepy nerds. Which happen to make up a fair bit of the P3/4 fanbase.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

TurnipFritter posted:

Apparently it takes place two years after Persona 4, so it should be neat to see how the kids grew up.

I imagine everybody will look the exact same right down to wearing their usual clothes. That one fragment of a screenshot we have so far seems to confirm this.

Professor Latency posted:

I love the title, although I wish the fighting game was named The Golden. It just sounds like some real bad translation, and usually when fighting games sound like that they're so hilariously bad it's fun.

I wonder if they'll tie into into the Golden Playhouse from Catherine. The game's story mode was presented as a late-night B-movie show thing called this, which wouldn't be too much of a stretch to associate with the Midnight Channel... somehow.

At least I would be okay with a Trisha cameo.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Samurai Sanders posted:

The thing about Famitsu these days is that each new issue only matters for the fifteen minutes it takes to scan them and 2ch to report the contents, and always three days before it gets on the newsstand. Who even buys them anymore?

People who actually want good quality images of games instead of crappy camera phone shots or the tiny bullshit ones that Famitsu puts on its website.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TurnipFritter posted:

People who actually want good quality images of games instead of crappy camera phone shots or the tiny bullshit ones that Famitsu puts on its website.
Well, if that's what you want then Impress Game Watch is much better. The only reason I care about Famitsu is merely to make announcements faster than everyone else, other than that it has no value to me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Snot Man posted:

I imagine everybody will look the exact same right down to wearing their usual clothes. That one fragment of a screenshot we have so far seems to confirm this.

I would not be shocked but usual anime aging shows that the characters will either gain bigger breasts or look even more girly, so look out for Naoto to be in a dress.

FINALmasa
Feb 12, 2006

Ask me about how feminists are feminists because they can't get laid.

Don't worry, I'm not some sexist ass, MRAs are MRAs because they can't get laid either. By the way, I am totally an MRA!
To go along with this, when putting on the leotards in Persona 3, is there supposed to be a costume change? The characters comment on it, but they're still wearing the same clothes. Also, do the dudes get anything other than the chivalrous shirts and their normal costumes?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baalster posted:

I would not be shocked but usual anime aging shows that the characters will either gain bigger breasts or look even more girly, so look out for Naoto to be in a dress.

We were discussing sailor fuku DLC five minutes ago.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

NEW SCANS

Please forgive the "obviously taken with a Japanese cellphone" quality and tilt your head accordingly.

Marie's kinda hot, someone's telling me she's a playable character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

We were discussing sailor fuku DLC five minutes ago.

Well excuse me, sir.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
She looks like a city girl to me, who doesn't belong in that hicktown. I suspect that will be her role in the story.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gee that new girls design sure isn't fanservicy at all.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Marie looks kinda 'out-of-townish'.

And I guess the screen with her talking to Seta means that she's not a female MC.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Technique posted:

I've said it once and I'll say it again: I'm very grateful that I experience Persona 4 on the English side. There have been some creepy official examples of fanservice pandering of the female characters on the Japanese side. (For example, does anyone remember that flash game on the official Japanese site where the goal was to peep on the girls in the bath? Euugh.)

At least only with the English game to go on, I can pretend that my main character's relationships with the girls are built of love and mutual respect. (Except for the whole Naoto in a girl's uniform bit, which I can write away as Naoto having hosed up gender binary expectations that come from childrens' cartoons, anyway.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Aw, that means still no confirmation of an FeMC. Come on, Atlus, give me a reason to buy this game :(