Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That Teddie with the hat and cane is totally awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Axle_Stukov posted:

That doesn't seem like many characters. Hope it scrolls or something. :ohdear:

Also lovin the "two years have passed but we're still in our school uniforms!" thing.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Aigis sweetie, those guns are too big for you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh hey, I just took another look at the character select and there's a priestess character... and considering that Fuuka was a support character that can only mean it's Yukiko.

What a shock.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

tooooooo bad posted:

That doesn't seem like many characters. Hope it scrolls or something. :ohdear:

The Sengoku Basara fighting game only 10 characters, but they claimed it was so 'each one would have a more varied fighting style'. It was really disappointing in the end, especially since some of the better characters from the series were standing in the drat background watching you fight. :(

SBX only appealed to SB fans, and so there's a good chance this will only appeal to Persona fans. On the other hand, people who label themselves "serious" :rolleyes: fighting game fans wouldn't go near something like this in the first place.

Not a lot of concrete evidence to form a foundation for speculation yet, though, so it's useless to engage in wishful thinking one way or the other.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I'm going to guess right now that the final boss is the great wall version of Minato. And then we bust him out, give up perfect blocks, go down to forward twice and hard slash Nyx's face off.

Also that may be the nerdiest sentence I've ever written.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

I'm going to guess right now that the final boss is the great wall version of Minato. And then we bust him out, give up perfect blocks, go down to forward twice and hard slash Nyx's face off.

Also that may be the nerdiest sentence I've ever written.

Well he's on the character select so maybe he got better.

edit: Igor being in the background on the character select screen makes it look like he's just decided to start up his own fight club. :dance:

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 31, 2011

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Calling it now: this is the canon way they're bringing Minato back.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

TurnipFritter posted:

What's going on in the bottom-right screen on this one? Looks like locked selections of some sort.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

tooooooo bad posted:

I guess Aegis and Elizabeth worked faster than they expected to.

The simple fact that they're making a Persona fighting game of all things is hilarious to me. I'd probably play it anyway though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tooooooo bad posted:

edit: Igor being in the background on the character select screen makes it look like he's just decided to start up his own fight club. :dance:
But that's Yuu.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

tooooooo bad posted:

What no he's not. The characters shown are:
Aigis (Fool)
Yukiko (Priestess)
P4 Hero (Fool)
Random Select
Yosuke (Magician)
Chie (Chariot)
Kanji (Emperor)

Armor-Piercing posted:

What's going on in the bottom-right screen on this one? Looks like locked selections of some sort.

It looks like it could be a costume select of some sort, since the currently selected text says "Glasses"

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

^ Oh that's Aigis. I forgot she became Fool.

Still think it looks like him. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Okay, so there's no Naoto or Adachi, so I'm pretty much left with my hopes for Shinjiro unless they decide to add some characters to the console versions.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
so the burst mechanic is in this huh? Hope it's more like GG than Blazblue

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

so the burst mechanic is in this huh? Hope it's more like GG than Blazblue

And maybe Hama and Mudo can be destroy attacks. :rolleye:

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Y'all might want to use the spoiler tags a little more often. I know that almost everyone has played P3, but still.

Also, the whole idea of the fighting game grew on me. I want the story to be stupid as poo poo and flashiness and 90s sound effects everywhere. If ASW actually attempts a semi-serious crossover story then that's just unfortunate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also one thing nobody hasn't pointed out is Rise in the upper corner of some of those in game screenshots. I guess she's the game's running commentator?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I guess my sheer laziness and never getting around to play more than ten hours of Persona 4 finally comes in handy, since I get to play the definitive version and enjoy it as if it's a whole new game.

Edit: :smugdog:

Edit edit: It's the least I can have after Overclocked. :suicide:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

fount of knowledge posted:

I guess my sheer laziness and never getting around to play more than ten hours of Persona 4 finally comes in handy, since I get to play the definitive version and enjoy it as if it's a whole new game.

Edit: :smugdog:

Edit edit: It's the least I can have after Overclocked. :suicide:

:smugdog::hf::smugdog:

I only got through about ten hours as well, before I got bogged down with other games. Pretty pumped to get this for Vita.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So looking at Mary/Marie's hat, I notice the gold button on her hat has a "V" on it. I really hope I'm just overthinking this and that she isn't somehow connected to the Velvet Room or some other nonsense.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There's always the chance that the character select screen is based on what Arc currently has. Some fighting games when first announced only show a certain range but expand closer to release.

And yes, knowing Arc, they'll stick new characters in the console release. The new version of BlazBlue coming out for PS3/360/PS Vita has a new character.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Hm. Wonder who's doing the character art for Mayonaka Arena 'cause those don't look like they're by Soejima or whoever does that for Arc Systems.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The new animated cutscenes, some for old events, might be the reason there's no female PC (IF there's no female PC). I wonder if this'll make it over here for the US Vita release.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
At worst this'll probably be similar to blazblue mehcanically which isn't exactly what I want but it's better than nothing. Also, totally calling P3 protagonist's 100% super as summoning Thanatos

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Axle_Stukov posted:

So looking at Mary/Marie's hat, I notice the gold button on her hat has a "V" on it. I really hope I'm just overthinking this and that she isn't somehow connected to the Velvet Room or some other nonsense.

Belladonna and the Nameless Piano Player had a kid.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Rinkles posted:

The new animated cutscenes, some for old events, might be the reason there's no female PC (IF there's no female PC). I wonder if this'll make it over here for the US Vita release.

If there was a female story, it would take at LEAST 6-8 months to localize the game. I don't know when the Vita's release date is, but even if the game were a launch title for the Japanese release, it wouldn't be a launch title for the US handheld unless the US got it half a year later.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

^^^ Japanese launch is Winter 2011, International is "expected" to be Spring 2012. So it's coming out in time for International release but probably won't be localized in time.

New details about Persona Fighter

It's going to have a BlazBlue style story mode!

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
wtf atlus i just want a loving persona game for my ps3 i don't have time to learn to play fighting games

did they announce yukari yet

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Justice posted:

If there was a female story, it would take at LEAST 6-8 months to localize the game. I don't know when the Vita's release date is, but even if the game were a launch title for the Japanese release, it wouldn't be a launch title for the US handheld unless the US got it half a year later.

P4Vita isn't even scheduled to come out in Japan until Spring 2012, so it's not a launch title anywhere. Even if there isn't a female route (please let there be a female route) it's still going to take time to localize the new poo poo.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Policenaut posted:

New details about Persona Fighter

It's going to have a BlazBlue style story mode!

for the non fighting game players, what exactly does that entail? Sorry if I'm being dumb but I haven't played a fighting game since like MK: Deception.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cityinthesea posted:

for the non fighting game players, what exactly does that entail? Sorry if I'm being dumb but I haven't played a fighting game since like MK: Deception.

It basically means you well get 20 hours of visual novel style cutscenes before you are done with it all.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Cityinthesea posted:

Okay, so every single character in the game will have their own in-depth story mode. This entails, for BlazBlue, "visual novel" style story dialog sequences with anime cutscenes and stills and fights that follow that story's progression. Some of which are themed or have gimmicks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Justice posted:

Thanks. I take it that means you guys got DS Overclocked well ahead of time and/or was there very little to localize for the new release?

Still, really happy 'bout this.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It also ratchets the likelihood of the plot making no sense (even by fighting game standards) way the gently caress up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Thanks. I take it that means you guys got DS Overclocked well ahead of time and/or was there very little to localize for the new release?

Still, really happy 'bout this.

Overclocked only has a handful of new content, so it probably was (while still not significant), not quite the same as translating an entire second story mode.

Twisted Paradox
Apr 24, 2007

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

TurnipFritter posted:

What no he's not. The characters shown are:
Aigis (Fool)
Kanji (Emperor)

Are you sure it's even Kanji? I can't even make out a face of the Emperor icon. Could be Akihiko. Also it's weird that Aigis is fool when she's shown with her starting persona in the scans.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Twisted Paradox posted:

Are you sure it's even Kanji? I can't even make out a face of the Emperor icon. Could be Akihiko. Also it's weird that Aigis is fool when she's shown with her starting persona in the scans.

Does Akihiko have a popped collar?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Baalster posted:

It basically means you well get 20 hours of visual novel style cutscenes before you are done with it all.
Specifically that it has branches depending on decisions you make during the talky parts, and whether you beat your opponents in the fighty parts, and also some secret things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisted Paradox
Apr 24, 2007

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Baalster posted:

Does Akihiko have a popped collar?

The hair seems to match Akihiko's and I really don't see a collar there. I really want Kanji to be in though.