Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sporadic posted:

The Clint Eastwood Collection is Amazon's Deal Of The Week.

$52.99 for:

Absolute Power
Dirty Harry
Gran Torino
Kelly's Heroes
Letters From Iwo Jima
Million Dollar Baby
Mystic River
The Rookie
Unforgiven
Where Eagles Dare

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B003AT9D6U

- edit And Warner put them all in one box which is pretty cool (at least I think it is)

That's terrible, how will you be able to sort your bly-rays by the director's maiden name sub-characterized by order of release with a case like that? That won't do at all. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's terrible, how will you be able to sort your bly-rays by the director's maiden name sub-characterized by order of release with a case like that? That won't do at all. :colbert:

Obviously that set gets filed into the category of the most attractive female amongst all the films, you plebeian.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

(or some actual content so I don't get probation...you do the truly spergy thing and buy new cases along with creating your own custom artwork :smugbert:)

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's the Clint Eastwood Collection. You file it under B for Badass.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Ash1138 posted:

It's the Clint Eastwood Collection. You file it under B for Badass.

Unless you file it under L for Lucky. Well, do ya?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Blu-Ray.com on STRIKE :aaa:

Kino rules.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Oh mama...can't wait to see the blood spill out of that cow's neck.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Just got Evil Dead on Blu Ray. It looked really good, and I liked it way more than I remember. I don't know if there's a difference between European releases and American releases, but is the sequel a good transfer at all? I've heard conflicting reports and there's gonna be a new transfer soon apparently? Would that one even make it to Europe?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Seems there are some silly rear end changes in the Star Wars blu-ray.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaSxSuB2vY
http://i.imgur.com/MNuk1.jpg
How did you get back there R2?
Transfers (except EP1) are the same ones used for the HDTV broadcasts a while ago

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

hitze posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaSxSuB2vY
I'm pretty sure this isn't confirmed in any way, just a case of "so yeah guys btw, they totally did this."

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

Hoping it's not true isn't going to magically change the blu-rays, sorry :(

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

hitze posted:

Hoping it's not true isn't going to magically change the blu-rays, sorry :(

Hmm that's interesting because from what the Digital Bits had to say about what they ACTUALLY saw of the blu rays points to brand new transfers with a lot of the bad color effects removed that still exist in the HDTV broadcasts. Curious.... did some new information that totally contradicts TDBs article come out?

Maybe you missed this?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

hitze posted:

How could you not link this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

Ewoks also have creepy eyes now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They blink now. All part of the director's vision.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Harlock posted:

They blink now. All part of the director's vision.
Lucas didn't direct Jedi (or Empire), but he and many of his fans still justify this by saying they're "his movies".

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Harlock posted:

Good lord I died laughing. This is just too stupid to be in the film even by Lucas's standards. That scream sounds like some poo poo some funny bastard whipped up to shake up the fans. I just simply cannot believe it....yet. I'm going to wait for actual legit reviewer confirmation before I decide, but if all these are real then I really don't think I can buy this.

EDIT: Jesus......that is pretty funny. All I can think of is some crazed person who just took a big hit of some drug and is freaking out.

ApexAftermath fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 31, 2011

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I wish he would add this back in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaXgK5HRBjk

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Those changes are confirmed apparently: http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/08/30/did-lucas-add-vader-crying-noooooo-to-return-of-the-jedi

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I already linked this :mad:.

That 70s Shirt
Dec 6, 2006

What do you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna save the fuckin' day!
Everybody moaning about all the changes done to the movies over the years should know, those aren't actually George's decisions. They're an imposter's.

The REAL George fights back!
http://youtu.be/_BMgegut3UM

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Harlock posted:

I stopped giving a poo poo when I was 11, but I think this is kind of sad. One of the more powerful parts of that scene is the fact that you can tell what Vader is thinking and feeling due to the physical performance, the editing and the cinematography. It successfully characterized the blank, black skull of Vader's mask. He looks worried and confused. Having his emotions vocalized like that kind of takes a bit away from it.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

This link just seems a little sketchy. So the guy says he confirmed it to be true by a trusted source, but how do we know? I just think this all seems a little too goofy even for Lucas to be true. God if it is these are almost more egregious than the SE changes because they make even less sense and introduce comedy into scenes that shouldn't have them. But then again he did add the Luke scream......but then took it out so he must have some sense? To go back and do something like it again......what?

I know this is from the official site but just read it. Write up on the changes for the blu ray.

Until I read a LEGIT review of the set I am not taking any of this stuff that has come out from these "sources" as real. It just looks and sounds too much like a hoax that people are taking seriously because it is easy to believe Lucas could MAYBE be that retarded.

The article also directly refutes with visual evidence the claim that Luke's "green lightsaber" in ANH hasn't been fixed. It's right there on the page. These are not the transfers used for the HD tv versions.

ApexAftermath fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 31, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
^Rumors abound that those pics were just "mock-ups". I don't know if there's any truth to it, but if there is, holy poo poo Lucasfilm is the worst.

Okay, for the record, the video widely circulated is very slightly desynced (less than a second). I could only tell after closely comparing the video with a video of the scene from the 2004 dvd. I could tell because the lightning sounds didn't start until a split second after the flash in the already infamous vid.
:siren:This:siren: is how it really is.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 31, 2011

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Okay, for the record, the video widely circulated is very slightly desynced (less than a second). I could only tell after closely comparing the video with a video of the scene from the 2004 dvd. I could tell because the lightning sounds didn't start until a split second after the flash in the already infamous vid.
:siren:This:siren: is how it really is.

I don't understand why they would go back and fix things like the opening of the battle of yavin(It is confirmed the music is back in instead of the roar of the x-wing engines as they begin the attack), but then add in very lovely sounding stuff like this that tramples over the music in that scene. I just can't go there to believe it yet. If digital bits gets a copy and confirms it I will be at a loss for words.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

ApexAftermath posted:

This link just seems a little sketchy. So the guy says he confirmed it to be true by a trusted source, but how do we know? I just think this all seems a little too goofy even for Lucas to be true. God if it is these are almost more egregious than the SE changes because they make even less sense and introduce comedy into scenes that shouldn't have them. But then again he did add the Luke scream......but then took it out so he must have some sense? To go back and do something like it again......what?

I know this is from the official site but just read it. Write up on the changes for the blu ray.

Until I read a LEGIT review of the set I am not taking any of this stuff that has come out from these "sources" as real. It just looks and sounds too much like a hoax that people are taking seriously because it is easy to believe Lucas could MAYBE be that retarded.

The article also directly refutes with visual evidence the claim that Luke's "green lightsaber" in ANH hasn't been fixed. It's right there on the page. These are not the transfers used for the HD tv versions.
You can fix lightsabers without re-transfering the movie. The details are identical when comparing the HDTV broadcasts and the Blu-Ray other than fixes and changes they made.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

hitze posted:

You can fix lightsabers without re-transfering the movie. The details are identical when comparing the HDTV broadcasts and the Blu-Ray other than fixes and changes they made.

That may be true then. Even so from everything in TDB article it sounds like they still cleaned it up a lot and it looks better than it has ever looked. Even if they aren't new transfers I think they will still be amazing looking, but yeah if any of this hoaxy looking stuff turns out real then I just couldn't live with myself if I paid 90 dollars to pick it up. I was already going to feel sick over buying the set with the prequels(to get the extra poo poo) but this would just be insult to injury if these videos are real.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'm going to commit blasphemy and admit that I like idea the ROTJ change. I think it's more dramatic.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Could someone please explain the ROTJ change for me? I'm at work (so no sound) and it's killing me.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I already linked this :mad:.

Where? I'm blind as a bat apparently.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

BonoMan posted:

Where? I'm blind as a bat apparently.
Oh. Oh poo poo, sorry. I linked it in another thread. There's like two others in GBS talking about it. Sorry.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Could someone please explain the ROTJ change for me? I'm at work (so no sound) and it's killing me.

When Vader watches the Emperor force lightening the living crap out of Luke, he says "NOOOO" as he picks up the emperor and throws him overboard.

Which is loving bullshit on a stick.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

When Vader watches the Emperor force lightening the living crap out of Luke, he says "NOOOO" as he picks up the emperor and throws him overboard.

This is why I can't believe it is real. It seems a little too on the nose poking fun at the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! in Revenge of the Sith. It just screams hoax.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

ApexAftermath posted:

This is why I can't believe it is real. It seems a little too on the nose poking fun at the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! in Revenge of the Sith. It just screams hoax.

It's like poetry, and it needs to rhyme.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Me and my brother sat here laughing for a good 5 minutes (my stomach hurts) watching Obi Wan make that ridiculous sound over and over again. HOLY poo poo!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

:stare:

(thanks)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lucas is seriously the greatest troll.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

You know, I didn't even mind most of the changes to the original special edition. But this... wow. Lucas really is trolling. That Krayt dragon scene is something else.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You guys do know that the blu-rays leaked, right? These aren't rumored changes so much as things people saw because the movies are available to be torrented now.

In addition to those changes they apparently didn't fix a ton of the color issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone who still insists on buying a Star Wars home release deserves to be trolled. I mean, is it even possible to get original, unmolested prints on DVD at all?

• Locked thread