Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I think the new character's name is actually Marie. 60 seconds in google says that the name Mary is written as: メアリー (Me-a-ri-i), and Marie is written as マリー (Ma-ri-i)

:goonsay:

Catalina fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

fount of knowledge posted:

I didn't even realize how much this would improve the game until you mentioned it. What's the point of semi-randomly assigning skills anyway, other than "That's how we did it in Nocturne/P3". All it meant was wasting ten minutes hitting X and Circle until they came up anyway.

Edit: "gently caress YOU PULINPA GO AWAY"

I think they assume players don't actually do that and just take whatever they get, to add a "every fusion is different" gimmick. Unfortunately sometimes things require that much sperginess.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.

Holy Cow posted:

I wonder if Marie will have some connection to the fighting game? Like Vincent in P3P, but with a larger role.

I was thinking something like that but for P5 instead. V could be a numeral too.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Momomo posted:

I think they assume players don't actually do that and just take whatever they get, to add a "every fusion is different" gimmick. Unfortunately sometimes things require that much sperginess.

All of Marge's requests require that you do it, though. It's especially fun when you're trying to pass down a specific ability through a six-persona fusion!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zodar posted:

All of Marge's requests require that you do it, though. It's especially fun when you're trying to pass down a specific ability through a six-persona fusion!

My Beelzebub with immunity to all elements and Victory Cry took me a goddamn afternoon. The yellow-blue-yellow-blue hurt my eyes. :psypop:

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006

TJO posted:

I was thinking something like that but for P5 instead. V could be a numeral too.

Didn't think of that. To me personaly it looks like it could be a medal she's wearing on her hat, maybe the prize for the P-1 Grand Prix.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

My Beelzebub with immunity to all elements and Victory Cry took me a goddamn afternoon. The yellow-blue-yellow-blue hurt my eyes. :psypop:
drat, and I thought it was hardcore when I spent an hour trying to get a couple of skills (Mind Charge and something else like Growth 3) for Trumpeter.

The best thing is getting the skills you want and then canceling the fusion anyway, as you kinda start pressing that button automatically after you've spent fifteen minutes going in and out of the fusion screen. :suicide:

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Ugh, if they don't include a female MC I don't really see how much new stuff they can add without it being basically the same thing.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Wow, are those really the vita screens? They look beautiful. I haven't been paying attention to the vita until now. Wow.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Doktor von Blaze posted:

The best thing is getting the skills you want and then canceling the fusion anyway, as you kinda start pressing that button automatically after you've spent fifteen minutes going in and out of the fusion screen. :suicide:

Tell me about it. NO, MEDIARAHN, COME BACK!

Though that's still second to having this happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMFK9_6Ptw

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Catalina posted:

Tell me about it. NO, MEDIARAHN, COME BACK!

Though that's still second to having this happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMFK9_6Ptw

That video would be more effective if he weren't doing it wrong, trying to fuse all the dynes onto one persona. Element coverage is what switching personas is for. Its supposed to be 3 or 4 passives that you spend a half hour trying to fuse onto one guy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why didn't I see that...I was playing Disgaea 4 just last night.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Cityinthesea posted:

Ugh, if they don't include a female MC I don't really see how much new stuff they can add without it being basically the same thing.

This seems to be more of an FES thing than a P3P thing. Like FES added a bunch of fluffy things but nothing super substantial other than the Answer. Maybe they'll release a P4P for the 3DS because then they could excuse away not putting much effort into it. :shepface:

I'll probably preorder the game but wait a few years for the Vita to go down in price or the Vita Slim to come out or whatever. That's assuming this even comes out in the US. I don't see why it wouldn't because it's not like the Vita is going to be bursting with competition but then again ~Atlus~.

How could they not include a female path wasn't the female path super popular in P3P aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
I'm actually pretty unlikely to get this without a female route unless this ~fan requested feature~ is something that absolutely knocks my socks off.

3upMoon
Nov 29, 2007
Yep.
I'm beginning to think the female path was available in P3P BECAUSE of the point and click style presentation. There wasn't as much resources required with all the animation and such absent. With this version keeping all the 3D models/animations intact, maybe they consider too costly to make all the additions required for a P4 female MC?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Fan requested feature: Nanako as a party member.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Fan requested feature: to not seem like a loving pervert when I'm playing an otherwise-pretty-cool japanese game :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

redreader posted:

Fan requested feature: to not seem like a loving pervert when I'm playing an otherwise-pretty-cool japanese game :(
I suspect that they are only listening to Japanese fans.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

redreader posted:

that's why they are putting it on the vita so you can hide it

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Fan requested feature: Nanako as a party member.

Fan requested feature: 100 hour Nanako RPG (that europe won't get)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

redreader posted:

Look, the fans have spoken: they want animated bath scenes with six year old girls. Maybe you're just not a True Persona Four Fan????

Archetype
Feb 4, 2003

The once gutter trash Dark Hero has risen, like a freakish garbage phoenix, to capture our hearts again.
I want creepy Adachi social link option. That would be interesting to play through.

And if there's no female MC then at least let the male MC date Kanji.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Archetype posted:

Give him a break, he is struggling enough with his sexuality without guys asking him out on dates.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My fan request is remove Nanako from the game and put Adachi in her place.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I'm just going to point out that I don't think anyone requested a Ken romance option in P3P and that was just Atlus being horrible all on their own.

Nobody even liked Ken.

Archetype posted:

I want creepy Adachi social link option. That would be interesting to play through.

Basically both of these things are the only real selling points for me.

The fan requested thing is going to be dumb, I'm sure.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The fans requested it, now you can play it! Nanako's S-Link now has romantic possibilities! :unsmigghh:

(why do i always type Nakano instead of Nanako. what have you done to me, Imagine)

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 31, 2011

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

My fan request would be to have Dojima as a party member.

But we all know that isn't gonna happen.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
It's obvious what the fan request will be; Dojima will have 2 assistants, Adachi and Junpei Iori, Ace DefectiveDetective.

edit: ok it's probably gonna be aigis or some poo poo like that

a glitch fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 31, 2011

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

First guess: Crossover content with Monster Hunter

Second guess: Love Plus Persona

Third guess: Export Persona 4 soundtrack to Hastune Miku: Project Diva

Edit: VVVVV It's my favorite guess too.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 31, 2011

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

Armor-Piercing posted:

Third guess: Export Persona 4 soundtrack to Hastune Miku: Project Diva

I'd be down for this

Archetype
Feb 4, 2003

The once gutter trash Dark Hero has risen, like a freakish garbage phoenix, to capture our hearts again.

Eggn0g posted:

edit: ok it's probably gonna be aigis or some poo poo like that

Oh god drat, you mention that and it definitely seems likely knowing how over-hyped Aigis is.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
If they shoehorn Aigis into P4 then i will never, ever forgive Atlus.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Minato will be the new super secret final boss to follow Elizabeth.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Dalkalopagus posted:

I really hope that they add a way to chose what abilities you want to inherit while fusing, instead of just backing out a billion times until you get what you want, but I doubt it will happen.

Frankly, I'd be happy if they just added a single button press that allowed you to recycle the random inherited skills instead of having to back out and reselect the personas you want to fuse.

Also, I swear, you could have knocked me over with a feather when they announced the freaking fighting game. It's like Atlus knew what genre and IP they needed to merge to most efficiently suck fifty dollars clean out of my wallet.

Aside from Aegis, do you think any other Persona 3 characters are going to make the cut for the last few select screen slots? My heart says Junpei, but for variety I'd bet on Koromaru.

e: gently caress it, Igor needs to be in there. Dude's put his time in for the Persona series, now he should get to whoop some rear end.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Holy crap. I saw this news yesterday and jumped for joy. I imagined this thread would explode, but 300 posts in a single day? It's like Christmas! I can't wait for all of this. If I didn't want a Vita before, I sure do now.

Role Play McMurphy posted:

did they announce yukari yet

I will murder someone if she's not. :argh:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Technique posted:

If they shoehorn Aigis into P4 then i will never, ever forgive Atlus.

With Aigis showing up in the fighting game this is really really likely. Which is really loving lame. :(

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

With Aigis showing up in the fighting game this is really really likely. Which is really loving lame. :(

I'm not exactly keen on the series dipping into previous incarnations for guest spots, but is Aigis generally reviled or something? I mean, she's about as "anime" as the series has allowed itself to get, but I still found her to have a decent story arc and character development.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why in the hell would Atlus add in Aegis to Persona 4? There would be like no place for her at all for a cameo.

I know full and well they are probably going to do this and it is going to be even more stupid than Yukiko showing up in P3P, just let me live in denial a little longer because I loved Catherine so much.

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

I'm not exactly keen on the series dipping into previous incarnations for guest spots, but is Aigis generally reviled or something? I mean, she's about as "anime" as the series has allowed itself to get, but I still found her to have a decent story arc and character development.

Aigis is the most popular Persona 3 character for some reason, so of course she's not reviled. But she's every robot trope packed into one and due to that she is quite boring and trust me and no, Aigis is not the most anime this series has gotten but she is pretty drat close, it's still hard to top the awful cultural fest from P4 for most anime the series has gotten. It also doesn't help that her fanbase is loving nuts and Atlus thought it would be a good idea to add sexual innuendo to her.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 1, 2011

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

She has an extremely rabid fanbase. I didn't mind her as a character but after Atlus' idea of fanservice was Robo-finger banging in FES, I get a bit wary when they want to use her for things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was stuck by how she has a normal voice in the Japanese version but a somewhat robotic one in the English. I wonder why they made that decision?

She kind of grew on me, in a STTNG Data kind of way. She just wanted to be recognized as a person. I never played FES though so I don't know what kind of perversion they visited upon her there.