Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
If you like that Capri you might like this Ferrari, it just needs a little TLC.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2529770514.html

edit

If you ever want to find a deal on a drop top, search for convertable. Or find a way to misspell Cadillac, Chevrolet, Lincoln, or Oldsmobile.

Huh, guess Camero works too:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2537861280.html

Oddly enough, he spelled almost everything else correctly. Normally these end up being word salads.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

I had a guy come to test drive a truck I have for sale the other day. He was really thorough, tests the A/C and heat, the steering, highway driving, all the electronics, etc. After the drive we get back to his house he says that he likes the truck and wants to make an offer. I start thinking he's going to lowball me, and prepare to scoff.

"So I declared bankruptcy last week, I'm 42 years old and it's my first bankruptcy so I'm not sure how it all works but I have to get rid of the cars I have now, so I'm going to need something to get to work (Parks Canada). I would like to give you $1000 (of the $8500 asking price) now and if possible pay off the rest of the truck over the next six months. Would that be okay? Also I need to drive the truck while I'm paying it off"

:smith:

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

Trap Star posted:

I had a guy come to test drive a truck I have for sale the other day. He was really thorough, tests the A/C and heat, the steering, highway driving, all the electronics, etc. After the drive we get back to his house he says that he likes the truck and wants to make an offer. I start thinking he's going to lowball me, and prepare to scoff.

"So I declared bankruptcy last week, I'm 42 years old and it's my first bankruptcy so I'm not sure how it all works but I have to get rid of the cars I have now, so I'm going to need something to get to work (Parks Canada). I would like to give you $1000 (of the $8500 asking price) now and if possible pay off the rest of the truck over the next six months. Would that be okay? Also I need to drive the truck while I'm paying it off"

:smith:

I would say "Ok, but I'm going to keep the spare tire, the passenger seat, the ac compressor, the hood, and the windshield wipers. Upon each timely payment, you will receive one of these items." Then get all of his information, like his social security number, his mother's maiden name, the answers to all of his security questions he uses for online banking, and a notarized document with his signature relinquishing power of attorney.

Isn't there a limit to the amount of times you can declare bankruptcy in a given time period? Like he couldn't immediately declare bankruptcy again and default on the debt he owes you?

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

The Scientist posted:

I would say "Ok, but I'm going to keep the spare tire, the passenger seat, the ac compressor, the hood, and the windshield wipers. Upon each timely payment, you will receive one of these items." Then get all of his information, like his social security number, his mother's maiden name, the answers to all of his security questions he uses for online banking, and a notarized document with his signature relinquishing power of attorney.

Isn't there a limit to the amount of times you can declare bankruptcy in a given time period? Like he couldn't immediately declare bankruptcy again and default on the debt he owes you?

I think there is some sort of limit, though I'm not sure about it. What I really don't understand is why this recently bankrupt fellow thinks a nearly $9000 truck that chugs gas is a good idea. He sent an email with some really long-winded details about how he would make timely payments and the truck would be returned if any payment was late, he provided his work phone number and a bunch of personal information, but I'm still not really considering it. It's only a six month timeframe but who expects a complete stranger to basically lend them several thousand dollars for a few months, AND mentions having recently declared bankruptcy?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

There is no way in hell financing some stranger is a good idea, ever.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Billy Tully posted:

This.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Billy Tully posted:

It is not uncommon or that bad of an idea.
My friend used to buy used cop caprices at auction, put a grand into them getting them cleaned up, and then sell or finance them.

He made pretty good money for a side business that didn't take much time.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
At least in America you're allowed to keep one car and one house when you declare bankruptcy, is it different in Canada?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
Ad. Info. for 1985 Pontiac Trans AM
1985 Pontiac Trans Am

1985 Trans Am Full Replica

Engine
-350 TPI motor
-.30 over bore
-Oversized cam
-Edlebrock intake and manifold
-Edlebrock headers
-3" cat back system for 86 year

Exterior
-Ken's 1KR1 nose
-Beautiful black paint job
-82 firebird lights
-Don's scanner

Interior
-2 TV dashboard (old Louisell style)
(note: dash has some hairline cracks; its not too noticable, but fixing or getting a nice dash would help).
-1st season electronics from Christian
-Custom lower console with odometer from
-Older overhead with headlights and trunk routed

Extras (not installed)
-Ejector board from christian
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-Shift kit for 700r4 tranny
-fabrics to match interior
-2 extra ECMs
...more I'm sure...

http://www.onestopmotors.com/ad_details.aspx?ad_id=52178

[video type="youtube"]/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ehuwe8tThro[/video]

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

How bout some real e-bay gold?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-/290604825648?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a965bc30

Mazda AZ-1 for sale in Canada for $9,999C:

Sym
Feb 22, 2006
Where am I?

rscott posted:

At least in America you're allowed to keep one car and one house when you declare bankruptcy, is it different in Canada?

It varies by Province. There is an asset exemption from anywhere from $2000 through to $5500. A family member just went through it a few years ago and they were just under the $5000 that BC gives you.

I don't understand how in this case he could keep a $8500 vehicle. All of your financial statements are audited so I don't see how he could pay the additional purchase costs unless he was doing a bunch of cash only work and passing the cash on.

Content..

Came up in the local section, but it's down in WA.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/2554590496.html

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/2573923994.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

keykey posted:

How bout some real e-bay gold?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-/290604825648?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a965bc30

Mazda AZ-1 for sale in Canada for $9,999C:

It does look a hell of a lot cleaner than the pieces of poo poo I see roaring around here. It's probably a decent deal if that's what you're looking for.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Please don't ask him to go down on his Camaro.

it old 1979 camaro - $1500 (conroe)

quote:

this is my dream car but need to sale it for many resons please dont ask me to go down on it it needs alot of work but it runs the tires hold air and it will go down the road but if u got time and money it will be the dream car i can send pic of it thank u so much

edit

Behold, the rarest of 80's Japanese sports cars:

1984 MAZDA 280Z - $2500 (beaumont)

quote:

1984 Mazda 280z a must see. All original ..few glitches. Rotary Engine starts right up and runs extremely well with minor carb adjustment needed. New Rims and Tires . Cold AC.

ok one more, I like this guy

1986 F-150 4x4 DUAL PURPOSE - $4000 (Beaumont, TX)

The text is entertaining, but it's the photos that are the best. If only every listing went this far:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 31, 2011

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007
I'm tempted to put that little bastard on my line of credit, make it my summer car and retire my sti to a winter beater

edit: the sti i bought 3 weeks ago

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Now you can own this "one of a kind" Doritos car!

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2574408975.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Here's some gold (expensive gold) for a few people in AI

1986 Chrysler Laser XT Turbo - $5800 (Henderson, Texas)

and this just sounds kinda odd

Eagle Scout In Need of A Vehicle

quote:

Hello. I am an eagle scout and future marine and I am in need of a vehicle. I am not asking for a handout or free car here, just some help. I would like to get a car over truck, and would like tovset up a payment plan. I am willing to sign a contract with a notary public as a witness.

Please let me know if you can help out at all,

Thanks and god bless.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
drat, that kid's a future marine! That's awesome.

AzraelDM
Feb 26, 2011
Saw this gem today.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2574501873.html

Why couldn't it have just been another Fiero?

AzraelDM fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 31, 2011

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Would it be a little more believable if it was that maseratti one, at least the interior would be nicer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

The Scientist posted:

drat, that kid's a future marine! That's awesome.

Shoulda went all out and been a future space marine.

God Bless!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

Here's some gold (expensive gold) for a few people in AI

1986 Chrysler Laser XT Turbo - $5800 (Henderson, Texas)

quote:

Only 200 made with all the available options.

And that must not be one of the 200, because I'm pretty sure you could get an electronic gauge cluster instead of dials.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
When I was in high school I worked at K-Mart with a guy who had a Laser painted orange with what looked like spray paint. A really horrible job, over spray everywhere. I thought that car was the bomb diggity when I was 15 years old. :gonk:

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...
poo poo I would buy that if I didn't already have a track bike.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

rscott posted:

I thought that car was the bomb diggity when I was 15 years old. :gonk:

My parents got rid of their Laser about a month after I got my license. I loved that car. I'd love to have one again, but for $5800 it better have a lot less than 121,000 miles on the clock.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

rscott posted:

When I was in high school I worked at K-Mart with a guy who had a Laser painted orange with what looked like spray paint. A really horrible job, over spray everywhere. I thought that car was the bomb diggity when I was 15 years old. :gonk:

Pretty sure I went to college with the guy who bought this car. I mean how many oil-leaking Lasers spray painted blaze orange can there be?

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

AlternateAccount posted:

I mean how many oil-leaking Lasers spray painted blaze orange can there be?

What is this, like, a rhetorical question?

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Production numbers
1984 - 59,858 (Laser- 33,976/Laser XE- 25,882)
1985 - 50,866 (Laser- 29,221/Laser XE- 18,193/Laser XT- 3,452)
1986 - 36,672 (Laser- 14,134/Laser XE- 15,549/Laser XT- 6,989)

Maximum possible would be approximately 147,396.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

:psyduck:
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1980-Pontiac-Firebird-Camaro-Replica-W0QQAdIdZ295519734

quote:

1980 Pontiac Firebird / Camaro Replica
Okay posting this again lol. Selling a 1980 firebird just recently purchased a 2012 mustang gt and got no where to store this car. Its got a 400 small block, T350 and a stock positrac 373 rear end. 4 wheel disc brakes, battery has been relocated to the trunk and it also has a 1970 camaro front clip fully fiber glasses. new rear tires, new 750 cfm holley carb, Just the driverside door isnt opening with the keyfob (shaved door handles) im not sure why but it aint such a big issue since it still opens from the inside. Car also has 2.5" dual flomaster exhaust and sounds amazing.
:negative:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's not that bad, but would've been better if they matched the side profile of the hood/bonnet with the doors and had external door handles.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

You Am I posted:

It's not that bad, but would've been better if they matched the side profile of the hood/bonnet with the doors and had external door handles.

Yeah, it would be okay if that front clip fit well at all.

City17
Dec 3, 2006

Well, I would have fallen for it as well. I thought the Firebird/Camaro both used the same door all the way from 1970-1981.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

In addition to the horrible fitting (must be great for wind noise) my point is a camaro/firebird conversion in the first place. It's just a why would you even do that? For the amount he probably put into it, he probably could have 2 decent specimens of each.

Although, maybe I'm just the only one who doesn't get it. :saddowns:

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

Although, maybe I'm just the only one who doesn't get it. :saddowns:

I don't think I 'get it' to the extent that I think it's a good idea, but it could, theoretically, look good if it actually fit. I think.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Does this bike grant wishes or something?

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Does this bike grant wishes or something?

Hahha, just imagine this exact scene, but with your Dad riding it.

http://youtu.be/tIe0m4X94sQ

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ursa_minor posted:

Hahha, just imagine this exact scene, but with your Dad riding it.

http://youtu.be/tIe0m4X94sQ

supermoto.flv right there, tell you what.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Huh, an Opel GT on eBay?

Not going to try and screencap everything since most of it is meh / loving ugly bodykit, but this is a thing:

Webers and a supercharger on a 1.9L CIH. God drat.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

How the hell did they fit all that in the engine bay? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KozmoNaut posted: