Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Good thing he's in the middle of a vacation. He'll have to extend it for another 6 weeks just for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

has Eric the Midget ever talked about what his parents do for a living? I know he's mentioned that they're Republicans, own a lake house, and pay for all his bills. They're obviously well off.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
His dad was a cop and police administrator of some kind. He's tried to pass off a lot of bullshit about how he can't do this or that for the show because his dad was a cop and I guess some upstanding member of the community or some such nonsense. His mom probably either didn't work or had a from the home job because I'd imagine he required a lot of attention growing up.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

ChaosMonkey posted:

Tim's assistant Jared sent a boat to save them but it never showed up.
That's because it was Dominic piloting the boat and HE'S ON FIRE.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Corbet posted:

has Eric the Midget ever talked about what his parents do for a living? I know he's mentioned that they're Republicans, own a lake house, and pay for all his bills. They're obviously well off.

I don't think they're that well off. They may have a lake house, but Eric still relies on Social Security for basics and bitches about not having enough money for various things. And we're not talking major things, but menial poo poo like plane tickets and the like. If he gets any support from his parents, it must not be a lot. Then again, he is in Cali and that's still loving expensive.

That said, I still want his parents on the show. That would be the best radio ever, listening to them go off about their son's behavior and his claim to fame. On one hand, they could be ashamed of him. But on the other, they really don't seem to do that much for him outside of letting him have an apartment and have a really pointless life.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Listening to these whack pack reruns, it seems clear to me that the best thing for the show would be to book more weirdos. Those were always my favorite segments. A few more genuine freaks and a little less Richard Belzer and people like that would really liven things up. The comic con nerd interviews are more interesting than most of the guests.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Listening to these whack pack reruns, it seems clear to me that the best thing for the show would be to book more weirdos. Those were always my favorite segments. A few more genuine freaks and a little less Richard Belzer and people like that would really liven things up. The comic con nerd interviews are more interesting than most of the guests.

Yeah, I agree entirely. After listening on and off a bit to the Wack Pack shows, I've decided that the absolute peak of the show was the fight between Hank and Beet.

Listening to Beet cry over Hanks death was really sad, though.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Wolfie needs his own show, he has tons of great content. I hate when Howard turns it off when it is interesting to hear and also to hear them comment on it. It's usually easy content both ways, come on Howard!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
God, Fight Weeks 1 & 2 are really the best non-live programming that's ever occurred on any Howard Stern channel, ever. Why don't they just do fight weeks part 3-138?

Just listened to Robin repeatedly yelling at KC to put on a dress, in the post-9/11 show fallout. Hilarious antagonizing by her, she usually avoids that much direct instigation.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I was toying with the idea of activating the Sirius radio in the used car I just bought, but then I remembered all the hate in this thread so I figured I might as well save the $12/month and spend it on liquor instead.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

I was toying with the idea of activating the Sirius radio in the used car I just bought, but then I remembered all the hate in this thread so I figured I might as well save the $12/month and spend it on liquor instead.

Two of the most difficult things to quit in this life.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

ChaosMonkey posted:

Tim's assistant Jared sent a boat to save them but it never showed up.

"Hoowwwid, they did a terrible thing. The Hurricane raped your fawtha and then sent us to a concentration camp."

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
They tried to kill us with gas, it didn't work.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The hurricane destroyed our sex dungeon.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I think I posted this call earlier but here is a version with video and shows Gary's teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaWF4g0sxU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

This Whackpack Strikes Back retrospective this week has been loving fantastic. I never knew the nerdy dude from MTV and American Splendor auditioned for the show. Never knew he was so openly gay either.

Still hoping for some Kenneth Keith this week. If he's been on, I've missed it. He's always been my favorite whack packer. Maybe just because I'm from Delaware.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm going over the dead people shows from the other week, reminded me his early radio stuff was pretty cornball and morning zoo, what with him clapping and playing dumb noises and calling people and mystery guest and all that.

And... I think I like that kind of show still. It's stupid fun and he just yammers on with people making up stuff. It's nice to hear the older stuff every now and then, I don't think I could take many of the skits however, those just rub me the wrong way most of the time because he was trying too hard to be offensive.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

And... I think I like that kind of show still. It's stupid fun and he just yammers on with people making up stuff. It's nice to hear the older stuff every now and then, I don't think I could take many of the skits however, those just rub me the wrong way most of the time because he was trying too hard to be offensive.

Something have improved over the years.

This morning I listened to a random show from 2009, I only heard the first half or so (stopped when Quentin Tarantino showed up) and I counted seven "The fact of the matter is..."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I miss Jackie's stupid laugh, people sitting in on the news, and Artie too

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Listening to the "Don't call me Bro" fight. Goddamn was the show good even just a few years ago.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

Listening to the "Don't call me Bro" fight. Goddamn was the show good even just a few years ago.

Artie's departure coupled with the new schedule really turned me off on the show.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Artie's departure coupled with the new schedule really turned me off on the show.

Oh god, what used to be a Carnival Cruise is now basically that lovely raft that Tom Hanks made in Castaway

still listening though

Are they live next week? I feel like I have to ask.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

chiz posted:

Bwwwwaaahahahahahahahahahaha.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
They are usually back after this two week break. Wonder if Robin was down on LBI?
We will get to hear all about her evacuation.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.

chiz posted:

Oh god, what used to be a Carnival Cruise is now basically that lovely raft that Tom Hanks made in Castaway

still listening though

I think they're live on Tuesday and Wednesday. No clue if they'll work Thursday, though.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kelly posted:

They are usually back after this two week break. Wonder if Robin was down on LBI?

I'm sure she had a huge ordeal. I hope her boat sank.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I feel like 3 to 5 of the 20 or so regular posters in this thread are still actually subscribed to SIRIUS.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Free radio from a work promotion we did with Kenwood, before anyone wanted Sirius back in like '03 - we couldn't even give them all away to bands (the greediest freebie grabbers ever) so most of us in the office ended up with one.

And a lifetime subscription when Howard went over. :toot:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

I feel like 3 to 5 of the 20 or so regular posters in this thread are still actually subscribed to SIRIUS.

I probably would've dumped it by now if I hadn't bought a lifetime sub.

Still listening to the Castaway raft, though. Mostly out of habit.. That, and it's still leagues better than any morning zoo poo poo.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
My wife or I just threaten to cancel every 6 months or so and they give us like 6 bux a month deal. My wife uses it for the music channels at least.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Kelly posted:

Haven't we heard enough about Robin's evacuations over the last few years?

:rimshot:

AltronHGX posted:

I dropped Sirius but this thread is why I joined SA, I like the folks in here, and I still need an outlet to rage about Eric the Rude, Obnoxious and Annoying Midget.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Who's high pitch?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

heavy liquid posted:

I probably would've dumped it by now if I hadn't bought a lifetime sub.

Still listening to the Castaway raft, though. Mostly out of habit.. That, and it's still leagues better than any morning zoo poo poo.

Same here. I actually use it for the music channels when I am on a trip and whatnot. My ex used to have XM before the merging of the services and it was leagues better music channel wise. I miss Lucy and Ethel.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
You know what I miss? The "Hey how's your news" song. And the swanky show intro that sounds like a big band before Rob Zombie's douche fest tag team of awkward dudes trying to look cool song.

It's a good song, but lol, the whole thing with Howard stomping around like Herman Munster trying to be edgy and cool was hilarious, also Howard sounds like a god drat auto tune robot the whole time.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I forgot how funny Bigfoots first appearance was it is. Artie just dying in the background was killing me it is. I had to stay the whole bit. God great radio.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Burden posted:

I forgot how funny Bigfoots first appearance was it is. Artie just dying in the background was killing me it is. I had to stay the whole bit. God great radio.

"Luke, I am your father it is."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AltronHGX posted:

I would love to listen to Howard on a regular basis again. I can't even explain how invested I feel during staff competitions or staff bashing in general.

You know, I could probably listen to an entire week of Gary bashing, have Teddy put it on my iPod and never listen to anything again.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

Burden posted:

It's even better when rear end Napkin Ed was drunkenly mocking him during the Bigfoot game, like he is a better human being than Bigfoot.

ANE sounds like a typical GBS poster and I hate him because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

AltronHGX posted:

Bought a life time years back because I'm a cheap gently caress. By my math I have had free Sirius for about 4 years now. I also buy old sirius units from yard sales for $5-$10 for replacement parts since the antennas are built like poo poo; though I am still on my first radio.