Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It has to be Sigmund. Sigmund personifies Supergoons.

Or anthropomorphizes I guess.

Edit: September calender is up.

1-5: Anniversary event.
7-10: "Heroic Power Flight"
14-17: Golden Age Costume Set, King of the Hill PvP, Penthouse hideout
21-24: Shared hideout bank slots (I guess this is additional slots. We're getting the actual shared banking this week), PvE Queue Enhancements
28-1: Hideout bundles

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

You fuckers leave the traditional pink-and-blue Goonsquad heraldry alone :argh:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The shared hideout bank slots might be additional slots you can purchase for it.

E: Ah men, beaten by an edit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People need to be in good costumes for the CC. Every other one has a bunch of idiots with busy armor covered in spikes, and Therakiel Wings. We have to be better than them.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Well fine, I'll go as Fleabite then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't have to. Dunold Dock is a great costume.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Edit: September calender is up.
Nooo you beat me to it. :negative: Good thing the golden age stuff hits September though, a friend of mine is crazy eager for it.

Also, I wonder what the hell "heroic power flight" will be.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Asimo posted:

Nooo you beat me to it. :negative: Good thing the golden age stuff hits September though, a friend of mine is crazy eager for it.

Also, I wonder what the hell "heroic power flight" will be.

My bet's on flight with a more superman-esque animation, arm forward and all that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless they sell it cheap, there has to be more to it than that. They wouldn't sell just a different pose.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Aphrodite posted:

People need to be in good costumes for the CC.

So... the duck in assless chaps, the thalidomide victim in green man-panties, or the Electric Death Deer?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shr3d wanted a Tk Blades build:

Super Dex, Super Ego.
For talents I chose the 8s for Dex, Ego and Rec, then the 5/5s for each pair. I also used the Absolute Zero initial, for a bit more Rec.

1: Ego Blade, Ego Weaponry
5: Ego Blade Frenzy

Congratulations. You are already good enough to beat the game.

8: Force Shield
11: Id Mastery
14: Ego Reverb
17: Ego Blade Breach
20: Ego Blade Annihilation
23: Telekinetic Eruption
26: Telekinesis (Not necessary. Just for fun.)
29: Ego Surge
32: Ego Blade Dash
35: Inertial Dampening Field
38: Form of the Tempest

This build was made at 40, so there's a lot of swapping that should be done. Force Shield can be pushed way down, and you'll want to move Tempest, Dash, and Annihilation much earlier (Or Breach. One of these will be your boss killer while leveling.)

Advantages. Not by level because I don't know the spread:
Incisive Wit on Ego Blade
Force Sheathe on Force Shield
Siphoning Strikes on Weaponry
Frenzy to rank 3
Id Mastery to rank 3
Enhanced Form on Eruption
Mental Acuity on Annihilation, and rank 2
Breach to rank 3
Ego Surge to rank 3
You're probably going to spend 2 on your travel power to rank 3 too.
IDF to rank 3

This leaves you with 2 points. Mine are in Telekinesis but they can really go anywhere.

For level 24, this would be my recommendation:
5: Frenzy
8: Id Mastery
11: Dash
14: Reverb
17: Breach or Annihilation
20: Tempest
23: Whatever you want from here. You're solid enough.

Advantage priority is Siphoning Strikes on Weaponry, Incisive Wit on Blade, ranks in Id Mastery, ranks in Frenzy, and ranks and/or Acuity in whatever you choose at 17. The rest can go anywhere.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 31, 2011

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Shr3d wanted a Tk Blades build:

Super Dex, Super Ego.
For talents I chose the 8s for Dex, Ego and Rec, then the 5/5s for each pair. I also used the Absolute Zero initial, for a bit more Rec.

5: Ego Blade Frenzy

Congratulations. You are already good enough to beat the game.

8: Force Shield
11: Id Mastery
14: Ego Reverb
17: Ego Blade Breach
20: Ego Blade Annihilation
23: Telekinetic Eruption
26: Telekinesis (Not necessary. Just for fun.)
29: Ego Surge
32: Ego Blade Dash
35: Inertial Dampening Field
38: Form of the Tempest

This build was made at 40, so there's a lot of swapping that should be done. Force Shield can be pushed way down, and you'll want to move Tempest, Dash, and Annihilation much earlier (Or Breach. One of these will be your boss killer while leveling.)

Advantages. Not by level because I don't know the spread:
Incisive Wit on Ego Blade
Force Sheathe on Force Shield
Siphoning Strikes on Weaponry
Frenzy to rank 3
Id Mastery to rank 3
Enhanced Form on Eruption
Mental Acuity on Annihilation, and rank 2
Breach to rank 3
Ego Surge to rank 3
You're probably going to spend 2 on your travel power to rank 3 too.
IDF to rank 3

This leaves you with 2 points. Mine are in Telekinesis but they can really go anywhere.

For level 24, this would be my recommendation:
5: Frenzy
8: Id Mastery
11: Dash
14: Reverb
17: Breach or Annihilation
20: Tempest
23: Whatever you want from here. You're solid enough.

Advantage priority is Siphoning Strikes on Weaponry, Incisive Wit on Blade, ranks in Id Mastery, ranks in Frenzy, and ranks and/or Acuity in whatever you choose at 17. The rest can go anywhere.

Thanks a bunch, i do have a few questions. What are my key powers? What do I spam for single and multiple target situations

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Frenzy for groups, Annihilation/Breach for singles. You can also spam Weaponry on single targets if you need to regain some HP.

For long fights you have 2 buffs you can put up, and you'll want to get a triple stack of Breach's debuff up then do 5 stack Annihilations. Reapply Breach as necessary (One application refreshes the whole stack) and spam Weaponry in the little gaps as your Leech stacks build.

Those long fights don't exist solo. Nothing will survive actually putting the 3 stacks of EBB up.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

ColHannibal posted:

I will be judging with fuzz so you better invite her.

Why would we let that happen, you'll be too busy answering furry catgirl cyber tells to actually judge the contest.

Nevermind, you're perfect, that'll make it more like pubbie contests.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
That build has little in the way of survivability. You could drop EBB for Ego Weaponry, or go Weaponry > EBB. (Because weaponry is really good with dex/ego now, and you really only need one thing for spike damage or maybe the sweet Debuff)

You could replace Force Shield with Energy Shield + Laser Knight if you're going to be in Melee a lot, and maybe pick up Bionic Shielding instead of Telekinesis (I admit it is a fun power and not useless now.)

I guess it comes down to your style, but I personally do not enjoy being completely devoid of healing capability.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Weaponry is the survivability. It's all you need.

It's for making stuff you don't like die, not PvP or soloing Elite modes. PvP is for idiots and Elite modes are for bigger idiots.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 31, 2011

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I am a happy idiot. :saddowns:

But I didn't see that at first, you had the powers listed in a weird order. Yeah. Ego Weaponry has a decent heal, and the increased crit chances from Leech really helps.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Weaponry is the survivability. It's all you need.

It's for making stuff you don't like die, not PvP or soloing Elite modes. PvP is for idiots and Elite modes are for bigger idiots.
This, basically. There's absolutely no reason to participate in PVP in ChampO as it's horrible and always will be since the game isn't even remotely designed for it, and high-difficulty instances will either be done in a group, or solo run for loot which you'll... run raids with? No, there aren't any of those, and it's pretty pointless to farm non-costume gear in this game.

That said, some self-healing generally is a good idea in a build... but between IDF and the healing advantage on Ego Weaponry you'll probably be fine 99% of the time. I do recommend taking Form of the Tempest way earlier though, possibly even in the teens; the damage boost from it is rather absurd once you got a full stack going, and it's even more free energy return on top of Ego Reverb.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I already told him when he asked for the build that it's a paper cannon. That's the whole point.

I don't really play the character since it hit 40, just occasionally sidekick down or do an Adventure Pack. On those rare occasions it's way more fun to blow stuff the hell up.

Asimo posted:

This, basically. There's absolutely no reason to participate in PVP in ChampO as it's horrible and always will be since the game isn't even remotely designed for it, and high-difficulty instances will either be done in a group, or solo run for loot which you'll... run raids with? No, there aren't any of those, and it's pretty pointless to farm non-costume gear in this game.

Right. The stats on crafted stuff and quest rewards in the high 30s are enough to hit the comic series as they add them, and that's all there is for the foreseeable future. Unless you PvP, you don't need Elite level gear because there's nothing that's going to require that kind of stats except Elite modes, so who cares?

Also he's already 24, that's why I put them in the order I did at the bottom. That's not an optimal build order for a fresh character.

Edit: Calender got a minor update again.

10th and 11th is Blood Moon, and on 21-24 they're adding a new free Silver Archetype.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 31, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One day we're going to end up with a page that's just all posts by me.

New hideouts are up.

Vigilante is pretty cool. It's still a basement, but the pieces themselves are nice.

Much like the Alchemist Sanctum, Space Agency has some nice pieces if it were a first buy, but they're much too similar to the original if you already have it. Plus too much of the Moon Base is empty space (No pun intended), so the theme packs do not feel significant. You're only buying a Crime Computer, Table, Social Area, Tailor and Pods. Nobody cares about railing styles and floor skins, they should have given it more stuff up against the walls.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Speaking of moon bases...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You didn't take any pictures of the sudden destruction of Wales?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I did, but I mean

pictures alone cannot capture the experience.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus that's not Wales anymore.

drat you, rotation of the Earth.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also: the Anniversary event's started. Looks pretty similar to last year's (get a present a day, can find more while fighting, a few related perks) but with new graphcs out by the ren center.

Also, how do you clip out of the moonbase anyway?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

FlyinPingu posted:

What pants are those on Devillin? They're definitely not anything I have in my pants options.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

Also: the Anniversary event's started. Looks pretty similar to last year's (get a present a day, can find more while fighting, a few related perks) but with new graphcs out by the ren center.

Also, how do you clip out of the moonbase anyway?

I autoran into the corner made by the dome and a support as I logged off. When you log back on, you're outside.

It's easy. The other 3 (Fuzz didn't make any of the photos) all did it in one shot.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

AttackBacon posted:

What pants are those on Devillin? They're definitely not anything I have in my pants options.

Just the baggy jumpsuit set to the chaps pattern, along with the cybernetic implants leg accessory.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

AttackBacon posted:

Looks like street defender with some sci-fi leg accessory.

e;fb. nice hooker makeup.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Ty sir. I promptly copied you shamelessly and mad a mans:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

FlyinPingu posted:

Just the baggy jumpsuit set to the chaps pattern, along with the cybernetic implants leg accessory.

Is this costume based on anything? It's amazing. :psyboom:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just realized out of fairness we should have a Male exclusive category, since we have a female exclusive one.

Any ideas?

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I just realized out of fairness we should have a Male exclusive category, since we have a female exclusive one.

Any ideas?

Best Mike Haggar costume?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For this one, it has to be something that can just show up. Not prepared in advance. It has to be something general.

We'll be holding another eventually with prep time with more specific stuff.

I mean if a Mike Haggar shows up of course he's getting a prize, but the odds aren't good.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Manliest Anime Character?

EDIT: Or maybe Best Male Character Using The Female Mesh?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"Most likely to not be a playboy millionaire out of costume."

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
"Superhero in Mid-Life Crisis"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The category is probably going to be "Twinkiest Twink, brought to you by Hostess. Hostess: Tingling tastebuds for 80 years. Celebrate our anniversary at hostesscakes.com"

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

LordSaturn posted:

Manliest Anime Character?

EDIT: Or maybe Best Male Character Using The Female Mesh?

That would mean only Stephan qualifies, and we don't want to give that... thing a prize, do we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bluhman actually has some male rockstar using the female character model.