Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

GreatGreen posted:

I wonder how much all those cords cost compared to a single, standard 2-prong plug.

Does it really matter when you roll up to your LAN party all :smug:

What? People don't have LAN parties anymore? gently caress...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapdoor
Jun 7, 2005
The one and only.

benitocereno posted:

Does it really matter when you roll up to your LAN party all :smug:

What? People don't have LAN parties anymore? gently caress...

Some still do.

Click for huge.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

metalhead posted:

How can you deal with the stiff rear end stock cable? I loving loathed that thing, it just had to go. I might have gone overboard with bling for the replacement ;)

The amp is a Hifiman EF2. Fantastic synergy with the D2000s, inexpensive, and a built in USB DAC to top it all off. Highly recommended.

You're right, the stock cables aren't very good. Every website I've seen that does re-cabling is ridiculously expensive and I don't have the know-how to do it myself.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Trapdoor posted:

Some still do.

Click for huge.

What is that?

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

Super Dude posted:

What is that?

I'm guessing The Gathering. Norwegian demoparty.

ior
Nov 21, 2003

What's a fuckass?

beyonder posted:

I'm guessing The Gathering. Norwegian demoparty.
Correct!

The desk next to mine, at The Gathering 2011 :)

Zero Trust
Dec 29, 2009

"the car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel..."

ior posted:

Correct!

What exactly am I looking at here? Is this gentleman hacking the gibson?

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

Epileptic Nazi posted:

What exactly am I looking at here? Is this gentleman hacking the gibson?

Looks like he is coding and his editor is Emacs.

Trapdoor
Jun 7, 2005
The one and only.

Jarl posted:

Looks like he is coding and his editor is Emacs.

Looks like a switch/router configuration file to the right, can't be sure though.

Trapdoor fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 3, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Such a tiny keyboard, i'd go nuts.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

ior posted:

Correct!

Slap Vegard in the nuts from me next time, and tell him he still owes me for that XBox he bought from me in '01.

LAN parties are fun as hell, but doesn't work well with family life. :(

Sultry Fungus
Oct 29, 2006

Phallic Fungus make me happy.

Vintersorg posted:

Such a tiny keyboard, i'd go nuts.

It actually is 100% scale to a regular keyboard. I haven't experienced any issues with it. (on the same laptop right now)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sultry Fungus posted:

It actually is 100% scale to a regular keyboard. I haven't experienced any issues with it. (on the same laptop right now)

Yeah, Lenovo's little laptops still have outstanding keyboards.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Sultry Fungus posted:

What laptop is that if you dont mind?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Looks like an X220 or maybe an X120/121e

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Gwaihir posted:

Looks like an X220 or maybe an X120/121e

I think it's an X60 based on the screen ratio and trackpoint button area

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

My desk is by the window. Well, my old desk, that's our old office. 4 developers stuffed into that picture (other two are behind that partition wall) and 3 more in the room to the left. gently caress my old chair, too.

samo
Feb 3, 2008
I bought the large Galant Desk a while ago and I would like to curve it around the room. Do they sell a desk that has a short 31" depth on the side that meets up to the desk and a long 23" depth on the other?

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

samo posted:

I bought the large Galant Desk a while ago and I would like to curve it around the room. Do they sell a desk that has a short 31" depth on the side that meets up to the desk and a long 23" depth on the other?

Sort of, look into the galant corner desk pieces. It will have one side that has less depth than the other, so you have to pay close attention to how you want it arranged. Then you can add an extension to the corner piece if you want to extend its length in a certain direction, there are extensions for either end, but again they have 2 different depths. I imagine that it will fit up to your rectangle desk no problem.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Isolation Chamber by woot fatigue, on Flickr

This is my 'sperg-cave. There are usually two prints on the main wall under the left and right lights, but I'm currently showing them at a gallery.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

woot fatigue posted:

This is my 'sperg-cave. There are usually two prints on the main wall under the left and right lights, but I'm currently showing them at a gallery.

This looks like something you'd see in a fancy furniture shop. Well done.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

woot fatigue posted:

Of all the titles I'd give to that room, sperg-cave is among the last

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Lilleput posted:

Looks like Ikea.

:ninja: edit:

Not a bad thing, my hell hole shant be shown, because I don't even have an actual desk setup.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lilleput posted:

Yeah, all that stuff looks like Ikea.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

Josh Lyman posted:

With some Herman Miller thrown in for good measure.

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.
That shelf is definitely Ikea. I know because I was looking on Craigslist for one a few months ago. What's the name of it again?

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Moey posted:

Looks like Ikea.

:ninja: edit:

Not a bad thing, my hell hole shant be shown, because I don't even have an actual desk setup.

Josh Lyman posted:

modeski posted:

With some Herman Miller thrown in for good measure.

Yep, all of the furniture except the chairs is IKEA. The chairs are all vintage Herman Miller.

You would be surprised at how little money was spent on the furniture in this room.

photo kiosk of life posted:

That shelf is definitely Ikea. I know because I was looking on Craigslist for one a few months ago. What's the name of it again?

I have two and have checked both for a name but couldn't find anything. I was thinking it was Jenkem, but then I realized that couldn't be right...

vladimir
May 29, 2003

We're caught in a flat spin!

woot fatigue posted:

I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but for some reason I'm really liking that the clock was placed at the center of the highest point of the 'light arc' coming out of that middle can light fixture. Very symmetrical looking.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

vladimir posted:

I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but for some reason I'm really liking that the clock was placed at the center of the highest point of the 'light arc' coming out of that middle can light fixture. Very symmetrical looking.

Definitely on purpose. I usually have two 20x20 framed prints hanging in the arc of the other two lights, but they're currently on display at a gallery.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

woot fatigue posted:

I really like everything about that. Sounds silly, but I really like the way the ceiling is lower by a foot or so in your "cave" area.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

It's not fair for interior designer/architect people to post in this thread.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

diospadre posted:

no I need something to aspire to.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'd rather not aspire to that. Simply because I'd end up losing a finger or worse in the process.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Falken posted:

I'd rather not aspire to that. Simply because I'd end up losing a finger or worse in the process.

Sorry you're so bad at assembling Ikea furniture.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Falken posted:

I really like everything about that. Sounds silly, but I really like the way the ceiling is lower by a foot or so in your "cave" area.

Yeah it does a good job at creating the illusion of it being a separate room.

diospadre posted:

I'm just a lowly photographer!

HKR posted:

Sorry you're so bad at assembling Ikea furniture.

I'm guessing you've never experienced the agony of having an allen wrench accidentally jammed up your urethra :psyduck:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I started going through the photos in the "My Desk" album your photo was in. I got annoyed very quickly at how many stupid photos people took of their white desk with an iMac, iPad, iPhone, and that bluetooth keyboard there were. Lame.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
sorry about mine then

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

woot fatigue posted:

Do you collect films for that Bell & Howell or is it a static display piece?

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Discovered the Ikea Galant desk thanks to this thread.

Is there a reason why everyone went for the T legs over the A legs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I have A's, they work just fine.

T's are slightly better if you have to adjust the height of your desk often, as you have half the number of legs to adjust.