Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

After watching the rest of season nine, I was so Seinfeld-deprived I had to start watching from the start all over again. And man... the change from season 9 to season 1 is so huge, it's like it isn't even the same show. I can't remember if the change from what the show was to how it ends up is drastic or a slow burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Geoooooorrrrrggggge I'm hungry!

Hang on, Ma.. Hang on...

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Yo-YO MA!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Your cousin, Jeffrey, is switching parks. They're transferring him to Riverside - so he'll completely revamp that operation, you understand? He'll do in Riverside what he did in Central Park. It's more money. So, that's your cousin.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Loveee takerrr, Bruuubakerrr, shoe-makerr won't you shine my shoes for free?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Relayer posted:

Loveee takerrr, Bruuubakerrr, shoe-makerr won't you shine my shoes for free?

You put it in, it slips out...you put it in, it slips out.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
George: Hey how'd it go with that girl?

Jerry: Great, I'm going out with her tomorrow night. How'd it go with the cocktail franks?

George: Great! Ate the entire platter, had to call in sick today.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Diabolik900 posted:

Right, but this wasn't about "The Boyfriend." It was about "The Finale."

Dang, what was I looking at? I guess I just saw "Keith Hernandez" and assumed.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

safety dan posted:

Dang, what was I looking at? I guess I just saw "Keith Hernandez" and assumed.

Nice game, pretty boy!

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

thepokey posted:

George: Hey how'd it go with that girl?

Jerry: Great, I'm going out with her tomorrow night. How'd it go with the cocktail franks?

George: Great! Ate the entire platter, had to call in sick today.

You might not know it to look at me, but I can run really, really fast.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Jack Bandit posted:

You might not know it to look at me, but I can run really, really fast.

I choose not to run!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

STEEELLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

To answer my previous question: season 3. That's when the show feels just like Seinfeld.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Bagarthach posted:

STEEELLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

STELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Someone needs to make a gif of her and Bob Cobb The Maestro driving in the car, where she is air conducting - fuckin' love Lainey!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Der Shovel posted:

After watching the rest of season nine, I was so Seinfeld-deprived I had to start watching from the start all over again. And man... the change from season 9 to season 1 is so huge, it's like it isn't even the same show. I can't remember if the change from what the show was to how it ends up is drastic or a slow burn.

No there is a clear divide in 'eras'. I like to call them the Pre-Elaine-Learns-How-To-Dress and Post-Elaine-Learns-How-To-Dress ages. For the first four or so seasons she's a frumpy house frow with flower dresses and frizzy hair.. then, something happens.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Supreme Allah posted:

No there is a clear divide in 'eras'. I like to call them the Pre-Elaine-Learns-How-To-Dress and Post-Elaine-Learns-How-To-Dress ages. For the first four or so seasons she's a frumpy house frow with flower dresses and frizzy hair.. then, something happens.

Elaine : Oh come on, I'm not difficult! I'm easy!

Jerry : Why, because you dress casual and sleep with a lot of guys? :smug:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLmrpctTvmc&feature=player_detailpage#t=31s

This is Georges best line, maybe the best line in Seinfeld, maybe in all of TV I'm not sure.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 2, 2011

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
On the one hand he's smart with the rockets, on the other he's dumb with the parking!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
The Conservapedia thread doesn't know Seinfeld! I thought everyone knew Seinfeld! Have I been living in a Seinfeld bubble? :ohdear:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It seems really obvious because you pointed it out here, but honestly if someone came up to me and said that, it might sound familiar but I probably wouldn't place it as a Seinfeld joke right off the bat unless I'd just watched it recently :(

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Martytoof posted:

It seems really obvious because you pointed it out here, but honestly if someone came up to me and said that, it might sound familiar but I probably wouldn't place it as a Seinfeld joke right off the bat unless I'd just watched it recently :(

I bet I would catch it if they had a good George-esque delivery.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
This obviously requires further research. I think I will have to set myself up at work to be set to deliver that line. But how to get to that point?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

tk posted:

I bet I would catch it if they had a good George-esque delivery.

Oh yeah that too!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Martytoof posted:

Really? Honestly I would know it instantly

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

The Conservapedia thread doesn't know Seinfeld! I thought everyone knew Seinfeld! Have I been living in a Seinfeld bubble? :ohdear:

I knew it directly, but didn't want to derail the thread... because of society.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

T. Finn posted:

Well I mean I don't memorize this stuff. If someone gave me a Simpsons or Futurama quote, on the other hand, I would pick that up in a heartbeat.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chexoid posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLmrpctTvmc&feature=player_detailpage#t=31s

This is Georges best line, maybe the best line in Seinfeld, maybe in all of TV I'm not sure.

Wow...you know, he has lost a lot of hair!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Boy, you really went bald there.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
No, I was bald!

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I don't like this thing! And here's what I'm doing with it!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
And I'll tell you something else, I'm not even going to ask you. I want to know. But I'm not going to ask. You'll tell me when you feel comfortable...

So what was it? Four hundred? Five hundred? Did you pay five hundred for this? Over six? Can't be seven. Don't tell my you paid seven hundred dollars for this jacket! Did you pay seven hundred dollars for this jacket? Is that what you're saying to me?! You are sick! Is that what you paid for this jacket?! Over seven hundred? What did you pay for this jacket? I won't say anything. I wanna know what you paid for this jacket! Oh my God! A thousand dollars?! You paid a thousand dollars for this jacket?! Alright, fine. I'm walking out of here right now thinking you paid a thousand dollars for this jacket, unless you tell me different.

Oh, ho!

Alright! I'll tell you what, if you don't say anything in the next five seconds, I'll know it was over a thousand...

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Macaluso posted:

And I'll tell you something else, I'm not even going to ask you. I want to know. But I'm not going to ask. You'll tell me when you feel comfortable...

If you took the raisins, if you didn't take the raisins ... They weren't even my raisins. I was just curious because it seems like a strange thing to do, to walk into a room, audition, and to walk out with a box of raisins. Anyway, whatever. If you ever want to tell me about it, the door to my office is always opened. In the event that I get an office. You'll come in, we'll talk about the raisins. We'll have a nice laugh.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

T. Finn posted:

I would too, I can recite whole scenes from memory. If Maculoso did that from memory, though, that's impressive.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I must admit that I did not. I just happened to be watching that episode. But I do love it because it's one of those great George freakouts.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

You have a collect call from:

"HEY BUDDY DON'T SAY NO!"

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Chexoid posted:

Who is this? :smug:

penis sandwich posted:

This is Puddy.

I thought this was an animated GIF.

LordFancy
Feb 26, 2010
Have you ever met a proctologist? Well, they usually have a very good sense of humor. You meet a proctologist at a party, don't walk away. Plant yourself there, because you will hear the funniest stories you've ever heard. See, no one wants to admit to them that they stuck something up there, never! It's always an accident. Every proctologist story ends in the same way; "It was a million to one shot, Doc, million to one!"

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

LordFancy posted:

Have you ever met a proctologist? Well, they usually have a very good sense of humor. You meet a proctologist at a party, don't walk away. Plant yourself there, because you will hear the funniest stories you've ever heard. See, no one wants to admit to them that they stuck something up there, never! It's always an accident. Every proctologist story ends in the same way; "It was a million to one shot, Doc, million to one!"

ASSMAN

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chexoid posted:

KRAMER: I'm lookin' at Ray's Pizza. You know where that is?

JERRY: Is it Famous Ray's?

KRAMER: No. It's Original Ray's.

JERRY: Famous Original Ray's?

KRAMER: It's just Original, Jerry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kevyn posted:

Boy, you really went bald there.