Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

glassy-eyed bambi posted:

I've listened to probably 40 Joe Rogan podcasts in the last two months and I can't stop myself from ironically saying SON!! at the end of sentences it works with.

It's such a fun word :unsmith:

POWERFUL, glassy-eyed bambi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
So Scott Aukerman recently tweeted this about the three CBBs he's recording at Bumbershoot this coming weekend:

@ScottAukerman posted:

Joining myself and @PFTompkins for EVERY show this weekend will be @TVsAndyDaly! He'll also be doing a different character for every show!

so we'll be getting three CBB with PFT and Andy Daly :aaa:

between this the new Superego and news of more frequent DLMs, it's been a good week for some of my favorite podcasts.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 2, 2011

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I'm not normally one for loud comedy but today's DLM was pretty god damned funny.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bunk Rogers posted:

I'm not normally one for loud comedy but today's DLM was pretty god damned funny.

It was good, Garlin and Mohr are a good combo.

And three eps of Fancy Tompkins and Andy Daly? Good lord.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
I feel like I've seen this page before with those last two posts.. fuckin forums dejavu

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

caveman thug poo poo posted:

I feel like I've seen this page before with those last two posts.. fuckin forums dejavu

A worthy uhh

a worthy uhh

a worthy uhh

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

I can't wait to listen to that one. When Rogan was on Plus One Per Diem it was a really good show.

They talked about comic books, swamp thing, Smith's new movie "Red State," and of course chooming piff.

It was loving awesome, and if you're not following @redban, you probably watch vinnie chase.

edit: sunday night is patton oswalt

An Apple A Gay fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 3, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Jeff Garlin is hilarious.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Jeff Garlin is hilarious.

It's true, and yet I'm constantly surprised about it. I feel like every time I see or hear him on something, he comes out of left field and cracks me up. I don't quite know how to explain it.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
My first CDR/CBB was the one with Nick Kroll and John Hamm. Kroll doing both Bobby B and El Chupacabra. There is a special place in my heart for that episode. Episode 12 I beleive.

edit: I also love Brett Gelman too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtV80ZdpTY0

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 3, 2011

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
:siren: NORM MACDONALD WATCH :siren:

Norm Macdonald made an unscheduled guest appearance on the Greg Fitzsimmons podcast. Link:

http://www.gregfitzsimmons.com/feed/

He shows up about twenty minutes into the first podcast, and they have funny/interesting discussions. This is his second appearance on the Fitzsimmons podcast, and he also had a great appearance on the Comedy And Everything Else podcast.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

E2M2 posted:

My first CDR/CBB was the one with Nick Kroll and John Hamm. Kroll doing both Bobby B and El Chupacabra.

¡Juan Jamón!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

E2M2 posted:

Easily my favorite CDR moment ever. It's so loving funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAtFsJY5q0

Also this is the best Joe Rogan moment but animated!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

E2M2 posted:

Through the related videos, I found a YouTube account that has uploaded every Harris' Phone Corner. Rejoice/mourn as you will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qAAh91GJSM

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
gently caress, every time Tim in Complete Guide To Everything starts talking about how scary horses are, I started cracking up, just the phrase "a horse going NUTS" makes me laugh.

I've also been enjoying Caustic Soda a great deal. It reminds me of either Sick & Wrong done by the hosts of Stuff You Should Know, or Stuff You Should Know hosted by the guys from Sick & Wrong.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Binowru posted:

Through the related videos, I found a YouTube account that has uploaded every Harris' Phone Corner. Rejoice/mourn as you will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qAAh91GJSM

Yessssssss. Thanks for posting this. Screw the haters, Harris Wittels is one of the best CBB guests.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Binowru posted:

But does it include Harris' Foam Corner?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Hey, if y'all are like me and get kind of annoyed by the number of discussions that happen in this thread at once, or how sometimes new podcasts and episodes get ignored because of "Is Adam Carolla an rear end in a top hat" debate #5248, I'd recommend you voice your approval and comments on this proposal for a stand-up comedy, podcast, and internet media forum on SA.

I cannot get over how amazing Aisha Tyler's podcast is. The episodes with H. Jon Benjamin, Adam Reed, and PFT are all loving hilarious :allears:

A Fistful of Dicks
Jan 8, 2011

glassy-eyed bambi posted:

I've listened to probably 40 Joe Rogan podcasts in the last two months and I can't stop myself from ironically saying SON!! at the end of sentences it works with.

It's such a fun word :unsmith:

I admit...I do this too, for the same reason...SON!

dog poop n doritos posted:

Holy poo poo, you aren't kidding. The Don Dimelo, ALW, HR Giger thing at the beginning is maybe one of the funniest things I've heard on Superego.

I don't like the typical "such and such was so funny that X" hyperbole...but poo poo happens: the first H.R. Giger appearance on Superego seriously had me swerving in traffic, doubled over in hysterics: "No, not you, son. I mean the heliotropic body." Also Rev. Leroy Jenkins, whoever the weird 'dwarf-creature' who kept harassing him asking if he'd be his vessel had me howling, "I hung on to your oil pan."

Got my grandmother on board with Superego too, who usually doesn't do absurdist comedy much less podcasts, with the Battlestar Gallactica Centurions, since she's a huge BS:G fan.

A Fistful of Dicks fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 4, 2011

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I'd like to thank the thread for getting me into The Complete Guide to Everything. It scratches my Uhh Yeah Dude itch, and it gives me something new to archive binge on.

Also, thanks to an equipment acquisition, Those drat Ross Kids will now be recorded in person, and not over Skype. So, if you like that recorded-in-person feel, you might want to hit us up soon.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Slotducks posted:

Easily my favorite CDR moment ever. It's so loving funny.

Also this is the best Joe Rogan moment but animated!

That may have been the greatest story I have ever heard holy gently caress.

A Fistful of Dicks
Jan 8, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

That may have been the greatest story I have ever heard holy gently caress.

What he said...holy gently caress. Я машина!

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Bert has the most amazing and random stories. In addition to The Epic Of The Machine, on his last Rogancast/Deathsquad appearance (both shows) he talked about how when he was in little league as a child he caught a ball with his mouth and It knocked out all of his front teeth. What used to be his grill was laying there on the field in a bloody mess. He was in clear need of medical attention yet still, his father wouldnt let him go to the hospital because the team needed him to finish out the game. He actually called his mother on the show to confirm the story and she was like "yeah, it was important you finish the game."

Theres also the hilarious story of how he was fired from Barnes & Noble told during his premier Rogancast appearance. I'm not sure how far back it was or if its easy to get old episodes so I'll tell it here real quick:

He worked at a B&N location that had a basement that they used for stock/storage. Burt decided he would spend any free time downstairs in the basement to get in some calisthenics. Push-ups, sit-ups, lifting boxes in lieu of free weights. Squats with a stack of Encyclopedia Britannica's. Serious man poo poo, son. You had to use the elevator to get around and it was one of those old school freight types that aren't operational if you leave the sliding gate ajar so with that in mind he would secure the door, strip down to his unmentionables as to not get his work sweaty, and get busy. It was actually a sweet plan to not only kill some time at work, but also hit the free gym you've cobbled together out of stuff thats already there.

There was just one major problem with his plan. The hidden camera's. The same hidden cameras his boss checked to see what Ber was up to when he noticed he was spending an unreasonable amount of time down in the basement.

Kreischer should definitely consider a weekly, or even bi-weekly or monthly, podcast, where he just rambles on with personal anecdotes in the same vein as Larry Millers show. Everyone of his stories has been a goldmine.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

gently caress, every time Tim in Complete Guide To Everything starts talking about how scary horses are, I started cracking up, just the phrase "a horse going NUTS" makes me laugh.
Tim's fear of being in a plane full of horses was a riot.

Dupree9973
Dec 16, 2003
Leather goods sold here.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Bert - The Epic Of The Machine

I just found this animated story today!

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Dupree9973 posted:

I just found this animated story today!

Did you find it before or after the guy a few persons up posted it (which was the inspiration for my post).

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Bert has the most amazing and random stories. In addition to The Epic Of The Machine, on his last Rogancast/Deathsquad appearance (both shows) he talked about how when he was in little league as a child he caught a ball with his mouth and It knocked out all of his front teeth. What used to be his grill was laying there on the field in a bloody mess. He was in clear need of medical attention yet still, his father wouldnt let him go to the hospital because the team needed him to finish out the game. He actually called his mother on the show to confirm the story and she was like "yeah, it was important you finish the game."

Theres also the hilarious story of how he was fired from Barnes & Noble told during his premier Rogancast appearance. I'm not sure how far back it was or if its easy to get old episodes so I'll tell it here real quick:

He worked at a B&N location that had a basement that they used for stock/storage. Burt decided he would spend any free time downstairs in the basement to get in some calisthenics. Push-ups, sit-ups, lifting boxes in lieu of free weights. Squats with a stack of Encyclopedia Britannica's. Serious man poo poo, son. You had to use the elevator to get around and it was one of those old school freight types that aren't operational if you leave the sliding gate ajar so with that in mind he would secure the door, strip down to his unmentionables as to not get his work sweaty, and get busy. It was actually a sweet plan to not only kill some time at work, but also hit the free gym you've cobbled together out of stuff thats already there.

There was just one major problem with his plan. The hidden camera's. The same hidden cameras his boss checked to see what Ber was up to when he noticed he was spending an unreasonable amount of time down in the basement.

Kreischer should definitely consider a weekly, or even bi-weekly or monthly, podcast, where he just rambles on with personal anecdotes in the same vein as Larry Millers show. Everyone of his stories has been a goldmine.

The Kickstarter for his follow him for 30 days documentary passed its goal and is going to be insane so excited.

The Machine.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Bert's easily one of my favorite guests.

Я машину.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Theres also the hilarious story of how he was fired from Barnes & Noble told during his premier Rogancast appearance.

Animated as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CybclMyAuIE

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Animated as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CybclMyAuIE

Spectacular. I was hoping it would be readily available online its too good to be lost in the ether. I lost my poo poo as soon as he paused and and said "ugh...this is bad" before he even went into the details.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Communocracy posted:

Fellas I'm quite behind on this thread and the podcasting world so forgive me if this question is easily answered but, are they currently having a comedy song contest on Comedy Bang Bang and either way what would be the best way to send them something like that?

So which one of the songs on Jukebox Jury this week was yours? :allears:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I finally finished listening to all of the Mike And Tom Eat Snacks episodes. I shouldn't really say "finally" because that makes it sound like a chore. I had been putting off listening to the last few because I didn't want it to be over. Now I have to wait for them to put out new ones :(

This has become my favorite podcast. Their banter is almost always amusing and I think they chose a great topic to build a podcast around. I also like the length which is shorter than most podcasts. It just feels right and I have a moment of disappointment when it's over rather than glancing at the time and wondering when the hell it's ever going to end.

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

I wish there was a CBB episode that consisted of nothing but Harris's Foam Corner. Just 2 hours of uncomfortably bad jokes.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

cioxx posted:

I wish there was a CBB episode that consisted of nothing but Harris's Foam Corner. Just 2 hours of uncomfortably bad jokes.

This, but Jukebox Jury for me. Not that Phone/Foam Corner is bad, but I can never get enough of Aukerman and his guests making GBS threads on terrible songs.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
There's a whole lotta DLM's droppin and thats just great.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006
Has anyone heard monday's WTF with Sandra Bernhard yet? I stopped listening when she brought up homeopathy.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Yeah I listened to most of it. It was actually pretty boring. With who she is he could have got so much more but she was just not giving it up. It was the most positive episode of WTF ever.which means god was it boring. Mark just couldn't get her to really open up. I like the deep into the mind of a comic type conversations and this was just not it. It's probably the only ep where his monologue was better than the interview.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Evil Agita posted:

There's a whole lotta DLM's droppin and thats just great.

Plopping

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Yeah I listened to most of it. It was actually pretty boring. With who she is he could have got so much more but she was just not giving it up. It was the most positive episode of WTF ever.which means god was it boring. Mark just couldn't get her to really open up. I like the deep into the mind of a comic type conversations and this was just not it. It's probably the only ep where his monologue was better than the interview.

True, it was kind of stale thinking about it, but I was warming upto her until the alternative medicine poo poo which really puts me off. I think you can tell Marc doesn't think it works.

SpeedoJoe fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

I've listened through half of Sandra Bernhard episode and turned it off too. Too boring and sad.

Does anyone get the feeling that these dinosaurs are still hanging on to the glimmer of hope that a "TV show" is going to magically rescue their careers? When is someone going to break the news that there is no money left to go around. The era of billion-dollar sitcoms and variety show bonanzas is effectively over.

"Sandra Bernhard Show". That'll happen :rolleyes:

• Locked thread