Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

dyn posted:

It's even better when rear end Napkin Ed was drunkenly mocking him during the Bigfoot game, like he is a better human being than Bigfoot.

ANE sounds like a typical GBS poster and I hate him because of it.

His accent makes my skin crawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

It's a good song, but lol, the whole thing with Howard stomping around like Herman Munster trying to be edgy and cool was hilarious, also Howard sounds like a god drat auto tune robot the whole time.

That reminds me... The whole "you can't tell Rob from Howard" thing on American Nightmare is a load of crap. You can tell pretty easily which one is which.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
When I drove out to get lunch, I was flipping around the stations and heard Steve Langford doing a report on the new FM news station from New York. It was very bizarre hearing him report actual news instead of EtM's latest demands or how big High Pitch's dump was.

ETA: I am proud do say I've never been a Sirius subscriber and have never paid to heard the show. The few times I have heard the Sirius music stations, I have been supremely disappointed with the repetition and playlists. Same with XM (though my wife just insisted she subscribe to XM in her car, despite my objections). The shows has hit a new low lately, though. So low that I don't even fel like expending the energy to pirate it. Instead my work-time listening has been taken up with Turntable, which is way better.

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 1, 2011

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Kelly posted:

We will get to hear all about her evacuation.

She had a colonic scheduled? :v:

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

"Thank you Ted, that was the joke"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Context...context. I forgot who I was talking about! :)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

Context...context. I forgot who I was talking about! :)

haha I thought you were making a joke!

I read it as a double-entenderra.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

haha I thought you were making a joke!

I read it as a double-entenderra.

I am not quite that quick, sadly. :)

Spacemonkey57 posted:

His accent makes my skin crawl.

Is rear end Napkin Ed's accent a Buffalo accent? It also makes me want to tear my ears off my head.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

I am not quite that quick, sadly. :)

Is rear end Napkin Ed's accent a Buffalo accent? It also makes me want to tear my ears off my head.

Yeah, it is.

It's weird. People from Western Mass sound like people from CT and upstate NY. All the same accent, and while it's not a real big deal, ANE's is intensified by his total douchebagness. Just like Pittsburg Pete, his is bad plus he has that "lischp" that Ralph has too. Ugh I want to kill both of those guys.

Not Ralphie though

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

Yeah, it is.

It's weird. People from Western Mass sound like people from CT and upstate NY. All the same accent, and while it's not a real big deal, ANE's is intensified by his total douchebagness. Just like Pittsburg Pete, his is bad plus he has that "lischp" that Ralph has too. Ugh I want to kill both of those guys.

Not Ralphie though

My Mom's family is up in Southern Mass and Rhode Island - so their accent isn't that thick Boston accent, but it is still pretty pronounced. My Mom has lived in NJ for 36 years (she moved here when she was 20) but STILL has a noticeable accent. Like you said, it's all in the same family but...

...that Buffalo accent just doesn't sound human. It reminds me like the real thick Baltimore accents in The Wire. Hard to take.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

My Mom's family is up in Southern Mass and Rhode Island - so their accent isn't that thick Boston accent, but it is still pretty pronounced. My Mom has lived in NJ for 36 years (she moved here when she was 20) but STILL has a noticeable accent. Like you said, it's all in the same family but...

...that Buffalo accent just doesn't sound human. It reminds me like the real thick Baltimore accents in The Wire. Hard to take.

Once you get into Rhode Island (I've noticed) the Mass accent mixes kind of with like a New York accent.

I'm from the Cape, so my Masshole accent isnt so thick, but I work with some people from off-Cape who when they talk I'm like (an Artie) "Whooooooaa"

chiz fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 2, 2011

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

and no roach coach jokes

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

and no roach coach jokes

Tuna Mushroom Casserole

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

chiz posted:

Yeah, it is.

Not Ralphie though

rear end Napkin Ed has the Western New York / Buffalo accent and it's the loving worst (except for New England). I live pretty close to there.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I was still hoping Marie would kick the poo poo out of Daniel Carver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=walJjsqRrnc&feature=related

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Stern's actually on WYSP right now talking about the end of the station

http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.2.12366&station=111

edit: The whole interview is posted here:

http://94wysp.radio.com/2011/09/02/howard-stern-returns-to-bid-farewell-to-94-wysp/

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 2, 2011

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Stern's actually on WYSP right now talking about the end of the station

http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.2.12366&station=111

edit: The whole interview is posted here:

http://94wysp.radio.com/2011/09/02/howard-stern-returns-to-bid-farewell-to-94-wysp/

The only thing Spike ever had going for him was people calling in to rip on his father.

edit - His father is Howard Eskin. A huge douche with poor opinions on sports.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 2, 2011

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

FogHelmut posted:

The only thing Spike ever had going for him was people calling in to rip on his father.

Spike eskin was a producer for Kidd Chris, yea the best apart about him was people just railing on him about his dad.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

FogHelmut posted:

You're a dope!!

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Thanks again to whoever runs scriptcover. I really like the show again :laugh:

Ohh and really hate Johnny Frato, did he ever bring anything to the show other than stupid gimmiks?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
What, you weren't impressed with his story about when his dad stole the Apollo Capsule? :jerkbag:

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
and what about his Sunday gravy?

SUNDAYS ONLY, ANY OTHER DAY AND YOU'LL GET WHACKED OUT.

It's a SUNDAY Gravy

how the gently caress is tomato sauce, gravy?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's just an Italian thing.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Yeah, well, gently caress that colloquialism, I don't like it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AltronHGX posted:

It's just an Italian thing.

Isn't it more of an American Italian thing?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's a "Hey, I just realized my last name ends in a vowel and I just got done watching Godfather/Goodfellas/Sopranos on Netflix" thing.

Hey ma, bring the marinad in here, what am I, a clown? Do I amuse you?

See: Arthur Lange

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
MAH NEE GOAT!

GABBA GOO!

DIS GRATCIATTA!!!

My favorite uncle is Italian though, so I love it.

So is Artie still doing that show with Prick DiPaolo?

And also, asking again, is the show back live on m- uh tuesday?

I'm not back live at work on monday, but again, I feel like I have to ask.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
f

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 30, 2016

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

The Extrapolator posted:

Johnny Frato was only good for two things; Getting ETM on the show and listening to Artie's impression of him.

Speaking of ETM, did he ever do his "negotiations" or whatever to get back on?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

GenoCanSing posted:

Speaking of ETM, did he ever do his "negotiations" or whatever to get back on?

They called in a few weeks ago - it was the usual stuff, plus he wanted Howard to get him on another show - I can't recall which on though.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Kelly posted:

They called in a few weeks ago - it was the usual stuff, plus he wanted Howard to get him on another show - I can't recall which on though.

He wanted on In Plain Sight. Howard got the producer on the phone with EtM and he declined every proposed role.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Brocktoon posted:

He wanted on In Plain Sight. Howard got the producer on the phone with EtM and he declined every proposed role.

Was the "producer" just Richard in his office?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

haljordan posted:

No, it was (apparently) the real guy. And it was funny, but predictable.

"Would you play a character who's a cross-dresser?"
[long silence]
"No."
"How about a white supremacist?"
[silence]
"No, I wouldn't do that."

He did compare himself to Daniel Day-Lewis at one point, and he finally caved and admitted he'd play a guy who's major flaw was he doesn't recycle. It's really not the same without Artie, though, and Howard hasn't even let Fred go at him in any real way since the return.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

chiz posted:

MAH NEE GOAT!

GABBA GOO!

DIS GRATCIATTA!!!

I use moot-za-rell and pit-zer-ia as an Artie/Sal homage.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

It's a "Hey, I just realized my last name ends in a vowel and I just got done watching Godfather/Goodfellas/Sopranos on Netflix" thing.

Hey ma, bring the marinad in here, what am I, a clown? Do I amuse you?

See: Arthur Lange

There's meat in it, therefore it's gravy. You put gravy on your gavadeels. Those are a macaroni dumpling made with rigott, you medigan. Sauce goes on a pizza.

Furthermore, your statement is entirely accurate.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Szyznyk posted:

I use moot-za-rell and pit-zer-ia as an Artie/Sal homage.

I say disgratzia from time to time as a background comedic effect, like Artie mostly used it. I always got a good laugh when he'd sneak it in the background of a conversation.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

haljordan posted:

No way, man! Eric can te-hell voices! He's not suh-home ree-tuh-hard!

Has Fred said much since Artie left? The two of them seemed to enjoy and play off each other very much.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

ChaosMonkey posted:

No way, man! Eric can te-hell voices! He's not suh-home ree-tuh-hard!

Has Fred said much since Artie left? The two of them seemed to enjoy and play off each other very much.

Almost nothing.

One thing that freaked me out is when Fred said that Hummus was made from chick peas, and then Robin the food expert said "no, they're made from beans" and Fred said nothing.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
Is there an archive of:

1) Howard making fun of his in-laws. It was around the time the movie came out. I remember something about his mother-in-law and taking the newspaper and commenting about the drop in tickets after the first week. He was also complaining about them having lobster just because he was getting lobster because he's on a special diet or some poo poo. I don't think these were ever played after the divorce.

2) The PETA girl bits when he would threaten to kill an animal if they don't take their clothes off. There are probably tons of quotes he made saying that those girls are dumb and so forth. Obviously, I doubt these will be played now that he married one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
Has Stern or Levy mentioned anything about another roast? That's about the only thing that'd get me to listen again.