Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

LordSaturn posted:

Manliest Anime Character?

I did make Kenshiro a while ago..

Though costume contests.. I never asked for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I autoran into the corner made by the dome and a support as I logged off. When you log back on, you're outside.

It's easy. The other 3 (Fuzz didn't make any of the photos) all did it in one shot.

The moon base seems like it's the hardest, the basement and cave hideouts you can exploit to push you out while remaining logged in. The cave hideout has stuff like this outside

One small step for Black Talon. One giant leap for Black Talon kind.

Tevruden fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 2, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, but hardest only because you need to take a second to log out and back in. It's still trivial.

Edit: God drat are people in CO slow. This is the ad I've been running for the CC:
Supergoons will be holding their firth ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8 server/11 East/11:30 Newfoundland/1965 that island from Lost. Wear your best. Bribes will be accepted beginning Friday at 5

I've gotten everything from "Is that first or fifth?" to "What kind of costume do you wear for a Newfoundland category?"

Once when someone asked what "firth" means, I answered "The CC is to celebrate the life and career of our favorite British actor". Someone else asked "Sean Connery?"

For the next CC we definitely need to have a Newfoundland category now.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 2, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, but hardest only because you need to take a second to log out and back in. It's still trivial.

Edit: God drat are people in CO slow. This is the ad I've been running for the CC:
Supergoons will be holding their firth ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8 server/11 East/11:30 Newfoundland/1965 that island from Lost. Wear you best. Bribes will be accepted beginning Friday at 5

I've gotten everything from "Is that first or fifth?" to "What kind of costume do you wear for a Newfoundland category?"

Once when someone asked what "firth" means, I answered "The CC is to celebrate the life and career of our favorite British actor". Someone else asked "Sean Connery?"

For the next CC we definitely need to have a Newfoundland category now.

And you have to show up 30 minutes late to the CC to qualify.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is... wow... I... Yeah.

(3:59:48 PM) Kapico: bribes accepted.... wow...
(3:59:59 PM) Kapico: very proffesional
(4:00:15 PM) ReinWeissRitter: Of course. Unless you get paid you're just an amateur (This one is me)
(4:00:25 PM) Cthulhu_Fhtagn: lol
(4:02:01 PM) ReinWeissRitter: 50g prizes. You give us 100g, we guarantee you win something
(4:02:30 PM) Kapico: tbh, id rather keep th 100g and hope to win 50g...
(4:02:40 PM) JohnCRuiz: ... For real.
(4:02:52 PM) JohnCRuiz: What kind of contest is that where money = win
(4:03:08 PM) JohnCRuiz: You don't choose the best, you just choose the one that pays the most.
(4:03:13 PM) Kapico: thats just saying, you can pay us 50g to win nothing...
(4:03:20 PM) ReinWeissRitter: I know right?
(4:03:21 PM) JohnCRuiz: It shouldn't even be called a contest.
(4:03:25 PM) ReinWeissRitter: It's almost so absurd it can't be serious
(4:03:26 PM) Cthulhu_Fhtagn: My sarcasm sense is tingling
(4:03:49 PM) Kapico: Should be called.... Corrupt peoples money taking...
(4:04:31 PM) Kapico: why would some1 bribe you.... " Yeah i won!!!" thats it... then uve just lost 50g...
(4:05:01 PM) JohnCRuiz: No point, other than to say you payed to win.
(4:05:10 PM) JohnCRuiz: And everyone just LOVES those types of people.
(4:05:38 PM) JohnCRuiz: Can't tell if he's trolling or not.
(4:05:39 PM) Kapico: tbh people who pay to win CC r propbs attention whores
(4:06:25 PM) ReinWeissRitter: ...They're seriously still going
(4:06:39 PM) JohnCRuiz: If you're making a race but say that whoever pays the most stays in first place, whats the point in having the race?
(4:07:26 PM) JohnCRuiz: Rich people's boasting rights...
(4:07:50 PM) ReinWeissRitter: *Still* going
(4:08:01 PM) TheDesertOx: Is this amount of random chitchat the new normal for Contests?
(4:08:34 PM) JohnCRuiz: Well a lot of us like to get away from the dumb that is Zone. But to be fair it is about a contest. The host wants to allow bribing.

At least one of them isn't brain dead.

My favorite part is how they both guys keep going even after I said it's not real. Kapico seems to figure it out at some point, but JohnCRuiz is still going at this moment.

I have adjusted the advertisement accordingly. It is now:
Supergoons will be holding their firth ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8 server/11 East/1965 that island from Lost. Wear your best. [JOKE]Bribes accepted.[/JOKE]. Location TBD.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 2, 2011

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It really is amazing. :stare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

[Zone] Sky Marshal@ReinWeissRitter: Supergoons will be holding their FIRTH ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8 server/11 East/1965 that island from Lost. Wear your Sunday best. But on Saturday. Uh, just wear your best. Location TBD.
[Zone #22] Ziz'het Jard@Tandin: Firth?
[Zone] Sky Marshal@ReinWeissRitter: Yes, our very firth
[Zone] Sky Marshal@ReinWeissRitter: We hope it is a success as we are looking forward to holding a secondst

They're too easy.

So far I've used that, claimed it celebrates Colin Firth, asked people not to make fun of my speech impediment, and said "I'm not good at numbers" to explain the firth. I'm running out of answers.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 2, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Aphrodite posted:

asked people not to make fun of my speech impediment

I hope you did it using <<RPist brackets>>.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is this AM or PM? And will anyone be recording or otherwise documenting (screenshots etc) this glorious event?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's PM. I won't even be awake at AM.

I'll be taking screenshots, and I'm sure the judges will take some of the costumes that stand out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just pathetic how much I've had to trim the CC advertisement for dumb people.

It started as this:
Supergoons will be holding their firth ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8 server/11 East/11:30 Newfoundland/1965 that island from Lost. Wear your best. Bribes will be accepted beginning Friday at 5

I had to remove the bit about bribes because people thought it was real. I had to remove the bit about Newfoundland because people thought that was a category. I had to remove the bit about 11 East and the island from Lost because it confused people. I had to change it to 8pm because people thought it was in the morning.

For a time it was:
Supergoons will be holding their firth ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8pm server/11 East/1965 that island from Lost. Wear your Sunday best. But on Saturday. Uh... just wear your best.

I had to remove that new bit because people thought it meant formal wear.

I am left with this:
Supergoons will be holding their FIRTH ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8pm server. Wear your best. Location TBA.

Even the FIRTH bit confuses people, but I refuse to remove that because then it just becomes a normal ad.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
:ughh: How do you even glean 'formal wear' from that 2nd announcement.

EDIT:

Aphrodite posted:

For a time it was:
Supergoons will be holding their firth ever Costume Contest Saturday at 8pm server/11 East/1965 that island from Lost. Wear your Sunday best. But on Saturday. Uh... just wear your best.

I had to remove that new bit because people thought it meant formal wear.
I can't read. :doh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...And another miss.

I have been using:
Supergoons will be holding their FIRTH ever Costume Contest today at 8pm server. Cats are a domesticated animal often kept as a house pet. Wear your best. Location TBA.

People are asking me what counts as a domesticated pet.

They think that our category is "Domesticated Animals often kept as House Pets."

Let's try this:
Supergoons will be holding their FIRTH (1th) Costume Contest today at 8pm server. Wear your best costume. The following is facetious: Categories are Largest Breasts and Narrowest Hips. END FACETIOUS. Location TBA.

vvv ...drat you. vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 4, 2011

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Is the "Location TBA" thing also facetious? I'm confused. :confused:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The problem is that you're trying to explain things to idiots rather than letting them be idiots and befuddled. Granted, I guess that is sort of necessary if we actually want anyone to show up though.

And specifying PM probably was a good idea. But just that. And only before 8 AM today.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

The problem is that you're trying to explain things to idiots rather than letting them be idiots and befuddled. Granted, I guess that is sort of necessary if we actually want anyone to show up though.

And specifying PM probably was a good idea. But just that. And only before 8 AM today.

I wasn't even awake at 8am. I was advertising after that.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Yeah, don't try to make things idiotproof, ever. All that'll happen is the universe will build a better idiot just to spite you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay, time to think up categories for the next one.

This way we can mention it early and give people time to work on it. As discussed in the channel, 5 (Plus Lightning Round) is probably better for this one. Makes it cheaper, and quicker.

1) Newfoundland.
2) Historical Figures Made Appealing to Anime Nerds
3) Best Simultaneous Parody of Hulk Hogan & Deadpool
4)
5)

I don't really want to see what people come up with for sex offender.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Most Disturbing for No Specific Reason (think Rolling Tsundere)

How'd tonight's contest go? I had to go out of town today.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

Most Disturbing for No Specific Reason (think Rolling Tsundere)

How'd tonight's contest go? I had to go out of town today.

It went well. Lot of people said they enjoyed it.

A half dozen or so whiners. So complete success.

We may even be blacklisted from one SG's contests.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

We may even be blacklisted from one SG's contests.

How did that go down?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

How did that go down?

People were whining about our categories, which annoyed the moderators of the Contests channel so they muted it.

After a few minutes they unmuted it, and ColHannibal said "PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS" almost immediately.

Then some guy said "That's it, I'm blacklisting THEM from my CCs."

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Predictably almost all of my screenshots turned out terrible. I think I took more of the judges than the contestants. Here's a couple things though.

This girl was standing here in this white costume, and I was thinking "that's actually semi cool. It's got a hammer for a hand." So of course she then changed into something much more generic and boring for the contest itself. I think it might have just been one "set" of matching pieces even.

Here's what a shitload of names looks like from the vantage point of the doorman. We did get a pretty good turnout for this.

Here's the Iron Chef guy that some of us thought was pretty funny. Also you can see both the winner of "female made by a male", in "her" alternate outfit that covers "her" entire body yet is still fetish material, and the (name of) runner up for it in the back there.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

I got a few stray shots of what I really liked, as well as some proximity shots of other random winners. I have to say, though the designs are normal, the details are very nice, and the pubs overall delivered.

The one on the right was Venutian... Something. Very nice use of the retro sci-fi motifs while straying to use other accessories than just full drat retro sets; just little things like miniskirts, and probably one of the better uses of a beehive I've seen.
The guy on the far left won our category for mismatched names and costumes. His name was Boulder.

The woman on the left, I completely forget the name, also won a top rank. It's a pretty standard pulp uniform (though it could do with some pants), but the colors are actually really nice on it.

The beast on the right was predictably named Yeti. It was alright, I guess, since I voted for it. V:v:V

I think this one had a lot of unanimous support from the goons. Another really good blend of new Sci-Fi parts and older pieces to put together a distinctive look. And a really good emblem choice, too.

Light Gun Man posted:

Here's the Iron Chef guy that some of us thought was pretty funny. Also you can see both the winner of "female made by a male", in "her" alternate outfit that covers "her" entire body yet is still fetish material, and the (name of) runner up for it in the back there.

Oh the other outfit that Areala was wearing was way worse; flesh-toned 'straps', combined with a skull bra to just put together this ridiculous, super-skimpy repertoire. And somehow it still had a hood, I think.

:pseudo: The name Areala is literally one letter off from Areola(:nws:??). I might be giving too much credit to say that was intentional.

Bluhman fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 4, 2011

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I got a bunch of horrible and worthless screenshots. Tried to get the whole room, but too far out to get any useful detail on the costumes. :geno: Well, live and learn. Here's the best cap I had of Areoala original costume:

Doesn't look too bad there, but it doesn't show off the... blatancy of the top, and the stripperiffic feel of it all. There were another one or two good contenders though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I really liked that Alien Cop guy too, I was standing near him and he was probably the nicest one I could see. The red and blue is an excellent touch.

I am pretty sure there was a line by Areala going something like "i have huge hooters and a skull bra!!" at some point early on. Really cemented the win in that category in my mind.

edit: trying to come up with a concept for a dumb "hangin with supergoons" character to make and i just keep thinking of presidents (super saiyan Teddy Roosevelt, samurai Lincoln). but we already have mecha Nixon so it doesn't seem very original. hopefully something will come to me.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 4, 2011

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bluhman posted:

The one in the middle... is that Greyhound Tits?

Light Gun Man posted:

edit: trying to come up with a concept for a dumb "hangin with supergoons" character to make and i just keep thinking of presidents (super saiyan Teddy Roosevelt, samurai Lincoln). but we already have mecha Nixon so it doesn't seem very original. hopefully something will come to me.

Given that Mecha Nixon was in a goon-only U.S. Presidents-themed supergroup at one point, maybe you should do it anyway :D

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Lightning Round ended up having the perfect winner. Some tiny little bug guy that must have been impossible to see.

Female costume most likely to be created by a male went to Areala, who's in some screenshots.

We had no actual clones, so Second best clone character went to a guy named Hrothnir the Something. He looked a lot like the Viking Giant guys they added to WoW in WotLK, so it worked out.

Costume that makes the dead pixel in the middle of my screen turn the prettiest color was Venutian Vale I believe, who's in a screenshot.

I can't remember who got each of Costume I closed my eyes and pointed to/Person who gave the judges the largest bribe, but one was Captain Quasar and the other was a guy called Blaargelaggelraggle who was some... thing.

Costume I would buy if it went on sale but not at full price was Lensgirl.

Largest Disconnect Between Character Name and Appearance was Boulder.

Costume that most makes me hungry for a Quizno's Chicken Carbonara sub. Combo. With the soup. All you have is broccoli cheese? Nevermind, I'll take the chips. went to Phantom Canary, but she whined about the zone chat and took off before so we gave it to a guy called Super Happy Fun Bomb who uses the bubblehead sphere and droopy antenna to look like a bomb.

Is that a tonfa on your belt, or are you just happy to see me? was a guy called Isa Tokugawa. He didn't really look ninja-ey or anything, but his name fit best.

Bluhman posted:

The woman on the left, I completely forget the name, also won a top rank. It's a pretty standard pulp uniform (though it could do with some pants), but the colors are actually really nice on it.

Her name was Lensgirl.

I assume she has a lot of attacks set to Chest or something.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

We had no actual clones, so Second best clone character went to a guy named Hrothnir the Something. He looked a lot like the Viking Giant guys they added to WoW in WotLK, so it worked out.

I think you originally described him as "Thor if he was a character from Fallout".

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Aphrodite posted:

... a guy called Super Happy Fun Bomb who uses the bubblehead sphere and droopy antenna to look like a bomb.

I love that all the best uses for the bubblehead sphere involve not using it as a space helmet.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Technogeek posted:

I think you originally described him as "Thor if he was a character from Fallout".

That was just me blathering randomly. He really didn't look anything clone-like to me, so I took 2 things, one norse, the other not colorful. :v:

LordSaturn posted:

I love that all the best uses for the bubblehead sphere involve not using it as a space helmet.

I can get behind this.

Bluhman fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 4, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that you with a shrinker in front of some guy's face?

It would be amazing if you Photobombed people with that.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Bluhman posted:

Banana Splitter

:aaa: Holy poo poo that is awesome.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Okay, so, there's two days of the anniversary event I just found out about left, and I want to go online and grab all the costume pieces. What's the quickest way to get them all, and how many are there? I could only find wiki pages for the 1st and 2nd anniversary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benjamin Black posted:

Okay, so, there's two days of the anniversary event I just found out about left, and I want to go online and grab all the costume pieces. What's the quickest way to get them all, and how many are there? I could only find wiki pages for the 1st and 2nd anniversary.

The quickest way is to go to the Supergoons bank (Well, it's currently the Hu-Man Hate Club) and take them. We have tons.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Bluhman posted:

:pseudo: The name Areala is literally one letter off from Areola(:nws:??). I might be giving too much credit to say that was intentional.

Not only that, but the name seemed familiar. Oh yeah, it was a really bad, fetishy comic by Ben Dunn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Areala was actually chosen in the "Sexy" category in a CC last night.

We really nailed that one. No pun intended. At all.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!
So, its been almost a year since I played the game.

Is there still no end game content and a tiny population? If I resub and go gold, will I be missing anything that I *NEED* from the cash shop or is it mostly cosmetic?

LOTRO is getting stale and I'm on the lookout for something that can actually hold my interest.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Population's never been an actual problem, but 'endgame content' continues to be. If you're looking for a 'nightly raids' kind of experience, this is probably not the place to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

LordSaturn posted:

Population's never been an actual problem, but 'endgame content' continues to be. If you're looking for a 'nightly raids' kind of experience, this is probably not the place to find it.

Naw, its not raiding that I'm looking for, just the ability to log in and not run around in circles bored as nothing is happening.