Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

MoFauxHawk posted:

I think one or two did the cusp thing, and one or two actually said the top handful of participators would get a tangible grade boost of one notch, not including the 5% participation grade for Legal Writing. I want to do well! But you don't seem to have to spend hours preparing if you want to participate well. You can answer questions that you know the answer to and not answer ones you don't.

I think the only graded midterm I have this semester is in Legal Writing (called CLR here).

Also Dire Wolf, I'm in Section 3. Respond to my PM, jerkass.

Respond to my FB request, assjerk! I was in Section 3 too, I hope you got Mulaney. Do work for Contracts outside of class, you'll need to to understand anything. The rest of the professors are great, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomon Grundy
Feb 10, 2007

Born on a Monday

quepasa18 posted:

I think the most I ever took at once was two weeks when I got married.

I don't get it. Were you so enraptured by your new love that you couldn't check your blackberry?

quepasa18
Oct 13, 2005

Solomon Grundy posted:

I don't get it. Were you so enraptured by your new love that you couldn't check your blackberry?

I don't believe in connecting with work while on vacation. It is not a vacation then, but working from somewhere else.

Cordyceps
May 16, 2011

MoFauxHawk posted:

Four out of five of my professors this semester either give some kind of grade bump to the top participators, or have participation as a small percent of the grade (Legal Writing) so whether going to class is normally important or not, I have to go this semester.
My 3L year I was trying to get honors, and one of ny professors said there was a grade bump for attendance. I actually liked the class so I had literally perfect attendance.

I got a poo poo grade on the final, and when I went to ask him about that there grade bump for my attendance and why that didn't factor into the grade, I got a horseshit answer and 0 grade bump for my attendance. Law professors are liars, do not believe them.

hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Do you guys not get anonymous grading or something

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

Direwolf posted:

Respond to my FB request, assjerk! I was in Section 3 too, I hope you got Mulaney. Do work for Contracts outside of class, you'll need to to understand anything. The rest of the professors are great, though.

Oh, so you're the guy with no profile picture and whose public profile doesn't mention your law school who friended me! I had to google the guy's name and his undergrad and "Northwestern Law" just now to see if that random spam dude was you.

Anyway I have Eigen for Contracts, the Andrew Sullivanish guy.

Edit: Also hypo, the professors say that the final exam is anonymous, but then they have the ability to fiddle with grades later.

MoFauxHawk fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 4, 2011

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Was in Dallas for the LSU game this weekend and grubbed hard on some Hatch chile tortillas.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Was in Dallas for the LSU game this weekend and grubbed hard on some Hatch chile tortillas.
Query if you checked your blackberry during or only after the game.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I sent pictures to other lawyers during the game to make them jealous

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I sent pictures to other lawyers during the game to make them jealous

I would have texted you back goatass.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I used my phone to check other scores.

This week my firm is paying to send me and a few other lawyers to Green Bay to watch the Saints game on Thursday, so I guess I have it better than most?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Phil Moscowitz posted:

This week my firm is paying to send me and a few other lawyers to Green Bay to watch the Saints game on Thursday, so I guess I have it better than most?

I hate you. :mad:

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
One of my students just e-mailed me asking about how to prepare to get onto LR.

Man it is September 5th, that poo poo don't even think about starting til March. Shaking my drat head.

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.

The Warszawa posted:

Man it is September 5th, that poo poo don't even think about starting til March. Shaking my drat head.

Shaking your head because he's getting started so late? :twisted:

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

prussian advisor posted:

Shaking your head because he's getting started so late? :twisted:

I'm going to send him a long, rambling e-mail about our generation and getting twatted on a cocktail of Class As and breaking eggs. I feel like it will do him some good.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

The Warszawa posted:

I'm going to send him a long, rambling e-mail about our generation and getting twatted on a cocktail of Class As and breaking eggs. I feel like it will do him some good.

dunno what that means but have you picked a place for drinks yet

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Warszawa posted:

How many students get onto LR at HLS, anyway? It's such a big school. At GULC, 40% of the students are on a journal of some kind.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

atlas of bugs posted:

dunno what that means but have you picked a place for drinks yet

i'm glad you're not leaving it up to me because i'd just use yelp from, like, 101st and broadway

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

entris posted:

How many students get onto LR at HLS, anyway? It's such a big school. At GULC, 40% of the students are on a journal of some kind.

HLR takes about 40 out of a class of 550, but we also have like 20 secondary journals

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Red Bean Juice posted:

HLR takes about 40 out of a class of 550, but we also have like 20 secondary journals

Yeah, at Northwestern if you want to be on a journal you can be on a journal pretty much - 6 journals, each takes 30-35 each year, total class size 250ish.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Sulecrist posted:

i'm glad you're not leaving it up to me because i'd just use yelp from, like, 101st and broadway

i get nosebleeds above 66th, sorry

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
true story, all the bathrooms in parsons have syringe disposals

it'd be like columbia having mini-straws by each sink

srsly
Aug 1, 2003

Have I mentioned my enormous mancrush on Marc Randazza?

TSA agent sues for IIED after being accused of "rape" for molesting a passenger, demands $500k.

Randazza writes one of the best responses to a demand letter I have ever seen.

quote:

A TSA agent threatening to sue a citizen for IIED is one of the most ironic events I can imagine. Perhaps if you are looking for similarly situated clients, you could find surviving members of the Montgomery, Alabama police department to sue civil rights marchers for the stress that they forced them to endure when they got all uppity and made the police attack them with fire hoses.

quote:

Ms. Magee is the latest in a long and disturbing lineage of TSA agents who have gone too far in sexually assaulting and abusing citizens and punishing them for daring to assert their rights. But, humiliating and sexually violating Ms. Alkon were not enough for Ms. Magee. Your client now trains her sights on the First Amendment. This threat of frivolous litigation is so disgusting, so unsupportable, and so frivolous that we cannot help but mock it. While every client deserves representation, sometimes counsel’s job is to inform their client that they have no claim. That should have been your role in this matter.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...arch-rape.shtml

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

srsly posted:

TSA agent sues for IIED after being accused of "rape" for molesting a passenger, demands $500k.

My favorite part:

quote:

Your client also seems to have been persuaded that Ms. Alkon’s statements constitute “intentional infliction of emotional distress” (“IIED”). Any emotional harm suffered by Magee is a self-inflicted wound, and likely a broader consequence of working for the TSA. A TSA agent threatening to sue a citizen for IIED is one of the most ironic events I can imagine. Perhaps if you are looking for similarly situated clients, you could find surviving members of the Montgomery, Alabama police department to sue civil rights marchers for the stress that they forced them to endure when they got all uppity and made the police attack them with fire hoses. I am certain that Zacharias Moussaoui feels a bit hurt about how people talk about him. Finally, I bet you could sue Trey Parker and Matthew Stone, the creators of South Park, on behalf of Sadaam Hussein’s estate.

quepasa18
Oct 13, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I'll be there too. Where are your seats? Can't wait for this game.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

srsly posted:

He is Sultan of the Satyriconstas who / his firm have a blog at:

http://randazza.wordpress.com/

srsly posted:

quote:

On September. 11, 2001, America went from “the land of the free and the home of the brave” to a nation of mewling cowards, eager to give up their liberties for perceived “safety.” One of the worst symptoms of this transformation is the TSA and its minions of blue-shirted “officers.”

:patriot:
Mewling cowards. I just want to block quote the whole thing.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 7, 2011

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

quepasa18 posted:

I'll be there too. Where are your seats? Can't wait for this game.

Not sure exactly; end zone, 10 rows up or so. Should be a great game.

srsly
Aug 1, 2003

joat mon posted:

He is Sultan of the Satyriconstas who / his firm have a blog at:

http://randazza.wordpress.com/

That blog has been weekly reading for me for the last few years. He is such a badass, and picks up the coolest loving cases, and handles them like a loving boss. Mancrush may be an understatement.

quepasa18
Oct 13, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Not sure exactly; end zone, 10 rows up or so. Should be a great game.

Yeah, it will be. If you see a tall blonde walking around with a boot (I ruptured my achilles this summer) it's probably me. I should be tailgating in one of the handicapped parking areas.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

srsly posted:

That blog has been weekly reading for me for the last few years. He is such a badass, and picks up the coolest loving cases, and handles them like a loving boss. Mancrush may be an understatement.
I used to subscribe to the RSS feed of his blog but he had a guest blogger who kept going on about PUA and evolutionary psychology and mens' rights and that sort of poo poo and I just couldn't take it.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Anyone have a good recommendation for an MPRE study book? I don't think I'm throwing down for the BarBri class.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

quepasa18 posted:

Yeah, it will be. If you see a tall blonde walking around with a boot (I ruptured my achilles this summer) it's probably me. I should be tailgating in one of the handicapped parking areas.

Are you a chick? If not don't call yourself a "blonde" with an e, it's confusing.

If so then cool.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Blakkout posted:

Anyone have a good recommendation for an MPRE study book? I don't think I'm throwing down for the BarBri class.

It's free....

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Roger_Mudd posted:

It's free....

I think it's only free if you're enrolled in barbri.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

evilweasel posted:

I think it's only free if you're enrolled in barbri.

Nope!

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
breaking:

atlas of bugs witnessed at breakfast encounter, did not skin this reporter
aghannor leaves work at midnight for korean drinks, returns to firm at 1
warszawa can't keep a drat meal date

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Sulecrist posted:

warszawa can't keep a drat meal date

Typical Yalie. Wait for the excuses about the train being late or something.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

tau posted:

Typical Yalie. Wait for the excuses about the train being late or something.

He'll blame the "hurricane" that happened weeks ago.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Any UofC students here? What the hell do these numbers on the transcript mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quepasa18
Oct 13, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Are you a chick? If not don't call yourself a "blonde" with an e, it's confusing.

If so then cool.

Yes, I'm a girl.