Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
it's a parody of an armenian guy. as an armenian and carolla fan I don't find it that funny, I never liked Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

drat NIGGA posted:

it's a parody of an armenian guy. as an armenian and carolla fan I don't find it that funny, I never liked Mike.

I imagine you screaming this at the monitor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omJn9xkTQ-c

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

Teepkick Shakur posted:

I imagine you screaming this at the monitor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omJn9xkTQ-c

NO NOT ALRIGHT

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

drat NIGGA posted:

I dunno man. He's kind of spot on. Glendale and whatnot.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Anyone else not able to get shows from lovelinetapes? I do the password correctly, but then the download takes forever to load and the file is 0kb. I need my fix!

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Is there any way to listen to that clip of Adam and Drew on the morning radio show with the bitch who kept reminding Adam "it's a family show now, be careful"? I swear I've heard it before so I'm pretty sure it exists somewhere

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ez posted:

Is there any way to listen to that clip of Adam and Drew on the morning radio show with the bitch who kept reminding Adam "it's a family show now, be careful"? I swear I've heard it before so I'm pretty sure it exists somewhere

I'd love to hear this. Adam is pretty good on being censored for radio when it's required of him.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Brekelefuw posted:

Anyone else not able to get shows from lovelinetapes? I do the password correctly, but then the download takes forever to load and the file is 0kb. I need my fix!

It does that from time to time. In my experience, if I try about a half an hour later, it works just fine.

I love the site, and appreciate it for all the LL it brings me, but it's buggy as heck sometimes. Between that and the constantly wrong code for downloading, I get more frustrated with that site than any other.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Ez posted:

They just played that on one of the podcasts. I think it was with Billy West?

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Adam: Where are you from?
:jewish: Heavily Accented Caller: Sacramento California.
Adam: Oh I recognized the accent. One of those Sac-phardic Jews.

JACK_ATTACK
Jul 26, 2005

UltraRed posted:

Ez posted:

I'd love to hear this. Adam is pretty good on being censored for radio when it's required of him.
Except that it went like this:

Host: This is a family show, this is a family show!
Adam: OK, so I won't talk about the caller who had sex with his dog :v:

(I haven't heard the clip itself, though, just Adam and Drew talking about it.)

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Ez posted:

I seem to remember a caller phoning in and playing the clip for them over the air. It would probably be in the year 2000, but when in that year is a different story. Maybe closer to 1999

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So weird, that show was streaming last night seconds after I read the family show posts

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

whoaaaa.

I'm listening to the stream (4/10/2001) with the guest Poe, aka Anne Danielewski, the sister of Mark Danielewski who wrote House of Leaves one of my favorite books. She's promoting Haunted, the album that was kinda of a companion piece to the book. Man I just find that really bizarre.

e; oh poo poo and it's mark danielewski too. I thought it was another band member or something.

Loveline fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 4, 2011

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Wasn't Poe one of Adam's most hated guests?

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

Don't remember but she's talking a lot so I can see why adam would hate her. So far she hasn't done anything overtly obnoxious.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

FCKGW posted:

Wasn't Poe one of Adam's most hated guests?

I don't remember him saying anything like that. She actually was the first to come up with "Coffee and Donuts".

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yep, I only ever remember them heaping praise on her.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Who were their most hated?

Off the top of my head I remember Adam talking about how obnoxious Caprice, Gorillaz and Ese Morales were.

Pennywise probably takes the cake though...

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

They always bitch about Blur and The Darkness

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Whitey Ford posted:

They always bitch about Blur and The Darkness

Blur were pricks, yeah. The Darkness always seemed really hyped up as storming out the show but in reality it just seems like the band were out of their depth and it wasn't what they were expecting and politely said they were going to go. To be fair I seem to remember that show started with a bunch of rape calls too.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Blur were pricks, yeah. The Darkness always seemed really hyped up as storming out the show but in reality it just seems like the band were out of their depth and it wasn't what they were expecting and politely said they were going to go. To be fair I seem to remember that show started with a bunch of rape calls too.

Sometimes I get annoyed that the guests aren't contributing anything but then I remember that they're just dudes in a band who came into a show where there's a 50% chance the caller will be a 14 year old girl talking about how her dad's been raping her for the last 6 years.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The Darkness always seemed really hyped up as storming out the show but in reality it just seems like the band were out of their depth and it wasn't what they were expecting and politely said they were going to go. To be fair I seem to remember that show started with a bunch of rape calls too.

Yeah The Darkness episode is incredibly exaggerated in Adam's memory for whatever reason. It pretty much went like you described. A bunch of really horrible calls and then the band just said, "hey, we're not really comfortable giving advice on this, we thought this was an interview program. Best of luck but I think we'll head out, sorry." And that was that.

Compared to Pennywise, The Gorillaz, or Adam's Worst Gas Ever Night, it was a placid affair.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
It's Drew's birthday today. Show might be a good one :]

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA

Omnicarus posted:

"...we thought this was an interview program."

Hahaha, that's hilarious. Imagine you're just some regular guy who happens to be in a band and you get booked for what you think is basically a meet and greet and maybe plug your new album while talking about your music. Then you realize it's a call in program, and the majority of the call ins have no interest in you and want advice on their hosed up incest/molestation/rape problems.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
I think Chumbawamba has to be their most hated guest. For some reason they hate At the Drive-In too but I listened to that episode and Adam didn't seem at all irritated with them at the time.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Hormones posted:

It's Drew's birthday today. Show might be a good one :]

Drew's birthday 2000 is one of the greatest episode in Loveline history. Adam farts so badly right off the top of the show that they spend the first ten minutes just laughing and then Drew does the show from outside on a garbage can.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

The Darkness always seemed really hyped up as storming out the show but in reality it just seems like the band were out of their depth and it wasn't what they were expecting and politely said they were going to go. To be fair I seem to remember that show started with a bunch of rape calls too.
I get the impression that off-air they were probably a lot more vocal and lovely, then came back on air with the polite pre-written line about leaving.

It's kinda odd because they're such a dysfunctional hosed up bunch of guys and the lead singer is on Top Gear occasionally doing stuff that has nothing to do with direct promotion of his band, you'd think they would fit right in on Loveline.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Arturo Ui posted:

I think Chumbawamba has to be their most hated guest. For some reason they hate At the Drive-In too but I listened to that episode and Adam didn't seem at all irritated with them at the time.

I remember one time they talked about Chumbawumba and the Violent Femmes being almost equally as bad: so far up their asses that it belied how good their music was.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Whitey Ford posted:

I get the impression that off-air they were probably a lot more vocal and lovely, then came back on air with the polite pre-written line about leaving.

It's kinda odd because they're such a dysfunctional hosed up bunch of guys and the lead singer is on Top Gear occasionally doing stuff that has nothing to do with direct promotion of his band, you'd think they would fit right in on Loveline.

I think you're right, because I remember Adam saying, that night, that they respected their decision to leave, but by the next night he was ripping them one over it.

Maybe he's more into non-promotional gigs now that they aren't "the next big thing", which I sort of remember them being around the time of their LL appearance.

Mr.Graves
Jul 23, 2007

by T. Finn
I think it is Clive Barker who mentions that all of Adam's 'most hated guest bands' were all British and it wasn't so much about the bands being stuck up but that the idea of going into a radio show and listening to some guy crack jokes about 14 yr old girls being raped while interspersed with underage fans asking them questions about drug use was such a completely hosed up and in your face setting for most of the Brit guest bands that they just naturally reverted to either getting the gently caress out, or trying to discuss something topical or political, which would inevitably lead to Adam hating them once he realized how different ranting about America conquering Europe every few decades is when there are actual other people in the room who can counter him.

I think the whole concept of loveline was so alien to British media folks at the times that it freaked most of them out and they couldn't get comfortable with it.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I think another reason Adam reflects on the Darkness so poorly, although he may not cognitively remember this part, is that their press briefing, which he read part of on air, was filled with stuff more or less like "The Darkness wants to promote new ways of positive thinking for the next generation"

Meanwhile, here was a change to really try to help the next generation and promote awareness and all that good stuff and they just peace out

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
I seem to recall The Darkness trying to make light of some of the first calls of the night, thinking that was the deal, because that's what Adam does. Once the serious problems started to come up (and their jokes fell flat), they bailed, although they did so in a respectful manner, I thought.

At the Drive In was a lovely guest because they had little interest in being there, hardly said anything, didn't appreciate the humor, didn't have any good advice, and if I'm not mistaken there was some tension between the band members (in general but also particularly that night.)

I don't know why Gorillaz is considered one of the worst. I heard one episode where the lead singer was doing the show via telephone, and was pretending to be at a party with a bunch of famous people, and would pretend to pass the phone to a celebrity only to do an impersonation. Adam kept throwing him names to do impressions of, it was pretty funny and it seemed like they both had a blast doing it.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

The Taxman posted:

I remember one time they talked about Chumbawumba and the Violent Femmes being almost equally as bad: so far up their asses that it belied how good their music was.

I thought Adam was a bit of a dick to the Violent Femmes (when they left after the first hour). It's just bizarre that they'd be more pissed off at a band that did nothing worse than not talk, and they love Fletcher who vomited on Drew, threatened to blow them up with a hand grenade and barricaded the studio door.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Arturo Ui posted:

I thought Adam was a bit of a dick to the Violent Femmes (when they left after the first hour). It's just bizarre that they'd be more pissed off at a band that did nothing worse than not talk, and they love Fletcher who vomited on Drew, threatened to blow them up with a hand grenade and barricaded the studio door.

I think some of it is that they like the rest of the band, too. I think there have been a couple times where only part of Pennywise has showed up in addition to the more famous Fletcher incidents, so they must get along really well.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

deoju posted:

Off the top of my head I remember Adam talking about how obnoxious .... and Ese Morales were.

Seriously? I can't imagine that. have you heard that show? It's amazing. when he starts randomly talking russian to the southern depressed kid? amazing, one of my favourite episodes.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I think it's funny when some whenever some "good-vibes" type people are on the show and they tell the callers to "just do what feels right" and Drew has to stop them and say "well doing what feels right is what got them to this point".

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I can almost hear Adam and Drew's eyes roll when a guest tells a caller that they have to CHOOOOOOSE to change themselves.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Eh, it's no worse than Adam's unrelenting bootstraps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

CatifshClyde posted:

I don't know why Gorillaz is considered one of the worst. I heard one episode where the lead singer was doing the show via telephone, and was pretending to be at a party with a bunch of famous people, and would pretend to pass the phone to a celebrity only to do an impersonation. Adam kept throwing him names to do impressions of, it was pretty funny and it seemed like they both had a blast doing it.

Yeah, I definitely remember Adam laughing his rear end off at Murdoc's celebrity impressions, even though Murdoc was being obnoxious as all hell the rest of the time.

• Locked thread