Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Flavor Bear posted:

on an inexplicable pedestal
Let me explain that to you by means of a picture:

:eng101:

(It's so they can turn with the direction of the wind.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Got the new Lego catalog today. I really, really, really want the Executor from Star Wars, but I've decided to not even bother unless I can get it for about $300.
Unless I can sell the 3 minifigs (IG88 hardly counts) for like $30 apiece, but I don't see that happening.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Taeke posted:

Let me explain that to you by means of a picture:

:eng101:

(It's so they can turn with the direction of the wind.)

Ah, so windmills do work that way.
Good night.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Toy R Us near me finally got some S5 mini figs managed to feel out the Cavewoman, Angry Dwarf, Eskimo and my new favorite the guy in the Dino suit. Some guys went in there and bought 3 cases of mini figs so all they had left was 12 packs or so. No gangster or zoo lady which kinda of sucks, really wanted to get me a gangster. Over all love the new series, the detail on the Angry Dwarf is pretty drat good.

Junk Science
Mar 4, 2008

Rythe posted:

Over all love the new series, the detail on the Angry Dwarf is pretty drat good.

Got the gladiator today. Insane, love him.

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself
I was pretty lucky with S5, considering I wasn't too confident about finding the figures I wanted by feel. Bought four packs and got three I was looking for - Cavewoman, Dwarf and Cleopatra - plus the Eskimo who's pretty good. Just need the Detective now, but he's not an easy one to feel for so I may just buy him from EBay or Bricklink.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

S5 is here in the Portland area at Fred Meyer, they also have a 20% off if you spend $20 or more coupon...

Happydogska
Jan 26, 2003
It always smells like fish.
While a part-time job at Barnes and Noble is not something I'd recommend to everyone, the 30% discount on everything, including Legos, rocks when we get minifig sets in. Just got a box of series 4 today, and hopefully 5 soon.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

IGNORE MY POSTS posted:

Had to restrain myself from buying the 10 or so Lunar Limos they had left.
I've been waiting to pick up two of these at reduced cost. I hate you.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

One of the Walmarts where I live is clearancing all their PotC legos, but not the other one. 98 for the ship seems good, but I bet that'll drop further.

Isnak
Sep 15, 2006
Bonyour!
Just ordered the Draida Bay and Waldurk Forest sets. Going to try out the basic rules with the kid and then see if we can make them more complex.

Having a child is great, I can be a stealth AFOL.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
This ten-foot tall Trump International Hotel and Tower is absolute genius. Why?

Behind the transparent glass pieces is a design to create the reflection of the Chicago skyline.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That is absolutely incredible

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Revol posted:

This ten-foot tall Trump International Hotel and Tower is absolute genius. Why?

Behind the transparent glass pieces is a design to create the reflection of the Chicago skyline.

Wow, that's really lovely. I bet future sculptures like this will copy the idea to some extent because it's a really effective design, and it makes the overall build a lot more interesting to look at.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are there bigger images? All the images on there aren't really appreciably large.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Captain Invictus posted:

Are there bigger images? All the images on there aren't really appreciably large.

Nah, not that I see. The builder has a website, but they're the same size there.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Series 5 minifigs hit Toys R Us store in Australia over the weekend, picked up the gladiator and queen's guard. It's a shame the gladiator's helmet hides so much of his face.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Found the series five figs at my Wal-Mart in Illinois. Managed to snag a Gladiator and a Dwarf.
My girlfriend got a cave girl and a egyptian. They were all pretty easy to feel for.
Kept finding detectives, though, that hat gives it away.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Lego Universe *the mmorpg* is free for the first "island". I've been playing on and off all weekend, its interesting.

TRU needs to put Lego back on bogo50%, I have gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Does anyone know of a site where you could catalog full Lego sets that you own, then the site itself would keep track of each individual piece that you own, and then present you with MOCs (uploaded by site members) that you could potentially create using said pieces? I think it's a potentially interesting idea.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

illcendiary posted:

Does anyone know of a site where you could catalog full Lego sets that you own, then the site itself would keep track of each individual piece that you own, and then present you with MOCs (uploaded by site members) that you could potentially create using said pieces? I think it's a potentially interesting idea.

Peeron can do this. You can build a list of the sets you own, thereby creating a catalog of your collection. You can then either check to see if you can build official LEGO sets, or you can check MOC .dat files.

GrumbleGrumble
Jul 11, 2004

Any remaining LEGO sets at Borders are now 60% off, if you've got one nearby.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All the Borders here shut down months ago. A sorry sight in the last few weeks.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

GrumbleGrumble posted:

Any remaining LEGO sets at Borders are now 60% off, if you've got one nearby.

I was at Borders last week or so when all the toys were at 50% off. Every last Lego set was gone, even the poo poo they marked up 30% from MSRP. All the remaining S4 figs were gone by the 40% mark.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Speaking of 40% the Alien Conquest Tripod is only £12 on Amazon.co.uk, I noticed it on my regular monday Amazon browse and though at that price I'd treat myself!

Amazon discounting on LEGO is weird, it's so random and up and down. Pharaoh's Quest stuff is pretty cheap. I'm tempted to get the plane one for myself, but I really don't have anywhere to put this stuff and the kid is still a little young. I got Golden Staff Guardians insted (40% off). Scarab attack is only like £2.50, slightly more than a single minifig... and it's awesome, but I already have it.

Non-licensed LEGO is the best LEGO.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 6, 2011

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The alien Tripod is kind of fun in some parts, but a bit simple in others. The main body and feet are neat, but the legs themselves arent that flexible and definitely lacking in poseability. Still, some rebuilds, replace the pilot with Brick Daddy kidnapping some of the surplus Series 2 lifeguards, and it's all good.

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Lego printer:

http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/6806/Lego+printer+uses+world+s+cheapest+ink/

Purdy fancy!

KleenexCMW
Dec 26, 2003
That's no pumpkin, that's a beetroot!

Isnak posted:

Just ordered the Draida Bay and Waldurk Forest sets. Going to try out the basic rules with the kid and then see if we can make them more complex.

Having a child is great, I can be a stealth AFOL.

I have Fortaan and Waldurk and a buddy and I expanded the rules and had a good time. The basic rules have you race to either collect an item or kill a certain monster, first player to do so wins. What we did was after the item has been collected it's PvP time and you can attack the other players to steal the item. The person who makes it back to the start with the item wins.

We also started putting potions and gold and keys up in trees and bushes. To collect them you had to end your turn on an adjacent tile, and then spend your next turn climbing the tree, and then you'd return to the tile you started from.

The Fortaan set has little studies with desks and chairs, we said those were Wizard's studies and spending a turn next to the desk let you move one of the magic doors from the Waldurk set.

Fortaan also has tables with turkey legs on them, we said that spending a turn next to one let you heal.

There is a lot of little details on the board that are just for looks, we decided to incorporate as many of them as we could.

I am currently awaiting the arrival of my first child (4 months to go) and I tell my wife that buying Lego now is an investment in his future awesomeness.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

The alien Tripod is kind of fun in some parts, but a bit simple in others. The main body and feet are neat, but the legs themselves arent that flexible and definitely lacking in poseability. Still, some rebuilds, replace the pilot with Brick Daddy kidnapping some of the surplus Series 2 lifeguards, and it's all good.

We got Tripod Invader for my ladyfriend's son, and he really seemed to enjoy building it. I think they did a great job on the alien minifigs, and the head clinger thing is pretty adorable. I think I'll get him the battle pack as well if he's super good for this short week of school, since he's been playing with the tripod so much (his modifications were pretty cool, too).

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

illcendiary posted:

https://www.rebrickable.com is pretty new and neat for this purpose. I love it even if it doesnt have much on it other than lego sets and not to many moc's yet.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
People haven't been posting their MOCs lately. Let's fix that! I'm no better at this than I was as a kid, but hey, I made a thing:

KoffeeKup
Oct 13, 2010
LEGO's kick rear end. I still like to put together spaceships whenever my little brother drags them out. I would buy more Lego's but Mom and Dad are right, to drat expensive.

Although that new medieval set is intriguing and totally cool. I may have to buy that one.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Tried to order Fire Brigade from the official LEGO site on Friday, was told it wouldn't ship until October due to the sets being on back order. Received an email yesterday saying my order has been cancelled due to heavy demand of limited sets. Guess that means it's being discontinued :smith:

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Lofty132 posted:

Tried to order Fire Brigade from the official LEGO site on Friday, was told it wouldn't ship until October due to the sets being on back order. Received an email yesterday saying my order has been cancelled due to heavy demand of limited sets. Guess that means it's being discontinued :smith:

It's not too late! Though LEGO itself may be in the process of purging, you can still get it through Amazon, tax and shipping free, and it ships quick.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Fire-Brigade-10197/dp/B002O064J0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315409240&sr=8-1

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah I saw that, it's £50 more expensive though. It's catch 22 I guess since it will get even more expensive when the stores run out! Thanks for the heads up anyway :unsmith:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gravy Jones posted:

Speaking of 40% the Alien Conquest Tripod is only £12 on Amazon.co.uk, I noticed it on my regular monday Amazon browse and though at that price I'd treat myself!

Amazon discounting on LEGO is weird, it's so random and up and down. Pharaoh's Quest stuff is pretty cheap. I'm tempted to get the plane one for myself, but I really don't have anywhere to put this stuff and the kid is still a little young. I got Golden Staff Guardians insted (40% off). Scarab attack is only like £2.50, slightly more than a single minifig... and it's awesome, but I already have it.

Non-licensed LEGO is the best LEGO.

Amazon discounting is mainly undercut the cheapest marketplace seller by x cents.

InsanityRocks
Oct 28, 2006
I'm a rocker . . I'm a roller too baby!
ive brought a few S3 and S4 minifigs and im not too pleased with the ones that i got are people still after any of these? ive got a football (soccer) player and a british guard

id love a zombie if someone would like to trade

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Lofty132 posted:

Yeah I saw that, it's £50 more expensive though. It's catch 22 I guess since it will get even more expensive when the stores run out! Thanks for the heads up anyway :unsmith:

Ah, you're across the pond. My bad. :(

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Saw Escape From Dragon's Prison for $30 unopened at goodwill. Still kind of regret not picking it up, but I already have the set and don't really have the money at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Went to three stores after my dentist appointment today in South Bend, IN. TRU was out of S5 and Target only had a couple scattered among the shelves mostly behind stuff, but Meijer had a bunch. I grabbed five at random - got a clown and gladiator, but the Sherlock, jazzerciser and graduate are repeats. Still really want the cavewoman, gangster, lizard guy and zookeeper.

Also got the fold-out RV at Target, been wanting that.