Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh ... wow. Thanks :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Is anyone else finding that newvegasnexus.com will make chrome chug really slowly (like the actual loaded page will scroll chopilly in chrome), but connecting to https://www.newvegasnexus.com works fine? I feel like I'm going crazy but ever since the re-design this happens 100% of the time for me.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is anyone else finding that newvegasnexus.com will make chrome chug really slowly (like the actual loaded page will scroll chopilly in chrome), but connecting to https://www.newvegasnexus.com works fine? I feel like I'm going crazy but ever since the re-design this happens 100% of the time for me.

No.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Vorgimmler posted:

On a bit of an off-note here: Strudel, you are friggin' awesome. I love the Signature mod a lot ever since I started up a new game.
Thanks! It's kind of funny how it started out - I was just wishing there was a perk to reduce the spread of pistols so I could keep using my revolver and actually hit anything further than five feet away in VATS. So I made a perk to reduce spread for pistols.

Then I figured, well, there's those challenge perks - I could make it a multi-stage perk, and tie it to the "I can kill you with one hand" challenge. So I did that.

Then I thought, hm, as long as we're improving weapon talents by killing things...and I decided to make something a little bigger out of it.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Anime Schoolgirl: the version of of AAS in the Armory pack (downloaded today) has the slug ammo effect removed from 20 gauge and 12 gauge slugs, I'm assuming this is a bug and not intentional, since they now have no effects at all?

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

I always browse the nexus via firefox since for some reason adblock plus will skip their obnoxious download ads yet the version for chrome won't, might want to try that...

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Thanks! It's kind of funny how it started out - I was just wishing there was a perk to reduce the spread of pistols so I could keep using my revolver and actually hit anything further than five feet away in VATS. So I made a perk to reduce spread for pistols.

Then I figured, well, there's those challenge perks - I could make it a multi-stage perk, and tie it to the "I can kill you with one hand" challenge. So I did that.

Then I thought, hm, as long as we're improving weapon talents by killing things...and I decided to make something a little bigger out of it.

Seconding how awesome it is.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Dear Omnicarus,

I have fallen in love with Lombard Station. He/She feels the same and we are eloping to Vegas. Please send further updates to the included address.

All my love,

Smuggins

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm glad you like it. I named the place after Carole Lombard, Clark Gable's wife who died in a plane crashed at Mount Potosi near Goodsprings in 1942. Considering that Mount Potosi is pretty much where I put the hideout, I figured it was fitting. I guess that makes the station a she. :)

As an aside, The Goodsprings Saloon was actually used as a search and rescue headquarters by the army when her plane crashed. If you go there they have a ton of old papers and pictures about her.

As for future updates, it shouldn't be as long as I originally thought. I figured out how to get around the problem I was having with the DLC support. Should have DLC's fully supported before Lonesome Road comes out. LR and GRA support should be easy to do once they come out.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I want to switch from Wasteland Defense to Lombard station to use as a base of operations, is there way to uninstall WD without breaking my save file? (Just assuming it will break it)

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Do you have repair kits?

I'm a moron, thanks.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Smuggins posted:

Dear Omnicarus,

I have fallen in love with Lombard Station. He/She feels the same and we are eloping to Vegas. Please send further updates to the included address.

All my love,

Smuggins

Yeah Lombard station owns, can we have more mannequins or would that kill performance? :haw:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there a trick to loading the FO3 master and FNV master at the same time in the GECK? I can load either by itself, but loading both crashes my poo poo (allow multiple masters is switched on in the ini). I'm guessing it's just my machine not having enough physical memory since anyone making Requiem for the Capital Wasteland esps has to be loading both masters at once, right?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Is there a trick to loading the FO3 master and FNV master at the same time in the GECK? I can load either by itself, but loading both crashes my poo poo (allow multiple masters is switched on in the ini). I'm guessing it's just my machine not having enough physical memory since anyone making Requiem for the Capital Wasteland esps has to be loading both masters at once, right?

I think there's more to it than a simple issue of setting both .esms in your load order. I'm not 100% sure what they did to make RCW work but I'm pretty sure there are changes to the .exe involved.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Retrograde posted:

Yeah Lombard station owns, can we have more mannequins or would that kill performance? :haw:

Mannequins are really easy to add and there wouldn't be a performance hit worth noting. The only reason there are six was for space concerns, but I could certainly add more if six is thought to be too few.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
So I have a question about a mod named New Vegas Bounties.

Is it supposed to be this unbalanced? Half the weapons they give me are either ridiculous melee weapons or guns that are wildly overpowered for the calibre they are using. Also the drat bounties keep insta-spawning right behind you. One bounty just materialized into thin air right in front of me and beat me to death with a cane. Not only that but some of the bounties have no armour but still take several shots to the head to kill. I can see if they have armour but if you're wearing a settlers outfit I can't see you surviving several AP rounds to the dome. That's not even mentioning how every bounty seems to home in on your position the moment they look in your direction. I was hoping to play as a sneaky assassin-like character but since almost all the bounties are scripted to run right up to you that seems impossible later on. Is there something I'm missing? This mod was highly recommended by several people but I can't help but wonder if maybe there is a mod conflict. I'm using Project Nevada, WME, FOOK and Project Reality. Maybe something in these mods screws something up?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think there's more to it than a simple issue of setting both .esms in your load order. I'm not 100% sure what they did to make RCW work but I'm pretty sure there are changes to the .exe involved.

I'm able to play RCW fine in New Vegas (the game), I just can't seem to load both esms in the GECK. The long version of the story is that the leveled lists in their latest release are borked and spawn raiders with .32 revolvers and 22LR ammunition and .308 hunting rifles instead of .32 hunting rifles (however these guys do have the correct ammunition). So I wanted to quickly fix that myself.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
I know I'm late (was waiting until I actually use it in action) but the font edits Nevets posted really are amazing and go with the aesthetic of the game well. (For reference)

It's even better when I'm using this as my pipboy: Tin Pipboy

whalebiologist
Apr 3, 2009

oh jeepers, this doesn't seem to be working

Retrograde posted:

What mod adds that poncho/outfit on the far left? it looks amazing I need it :0

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

Mannequins are really easy to add and there wouldn't be a performance hit worth noting. The only reason there are six was for space concerns, but I could certainly add more if six is thought to be too few.

Just wanted to say thanks for the mod. Been using it and absolutely love it! Very unique and fun without adding too much filler.

I also like how you came up with the name as well!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Minor bug in Lombard Station - the ammo sorter took my Big Boomer and Chance's Knife and stuck them in the heavy weapon/explosives ammo storage box for some reason.

Aside from that, I have to agree that it's pretty neat.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Is there an easy way to install a body replacer but only have it replace your character's body? I want to rip off Beeb and do a melee run as an absurdly tall and statuesque fucktrain of a man, but I don't want everyone else ripped as hell too.

Also, how would I go about editing the head presets so I can have a better control of my crazy Andre-esque rear end in a top hat's face?

LvK fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 4, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LvK posted:

Is there an easy way to install a body replacer but only have it replace your character's body? I want to rip off Beeb and do a melee run as an absurdly tall and statuesque fucktrain of a man, but I don't want everyone else ripped as hell too.

Also, how would I go about editing the head presets so I can have a better control of my crazy Andre-esque rear end in a top hat's face?

You have to be a custom race.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Bug report for Lombard Station:
The inedible box for the kitchen that contained Dog hides, Radscorp poison and Gecko Hides has sudden multiplied the contents...by hundreds of thousands.

Doesn't seem to affect anything else yet and I have to guess that the event happened at the 3 day mark when the trash empties itself out. But that is a big maybe. Maybe Lombard was showing a reaction to me just having killed the stranger to get that lovely magnum revolver. Eh.

I have filled up the valley with 1.4 million radscorp venom sacs :D Most deadly landscaping ever.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Ack! I fixed the multiplying Inedible Box. That stemmed from a late addition I made to the crafting sorters to accomodate some FO3 and DLC recipes that used vanilla assets. If you look in the script, it's doing everything right except for removing the old ones. It is, however, trying to remove an ungodly amount of pressure cookers :P

The knife sorter thing is fixed too. Also fixed a bug where the CZ avenger sorted to pistols that I caught while I was fixing the other one. I'm adding some background stuff that I need for the DLC support modules too, so I should have another release ready this afternoon with a good deal of bug fixes.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Just trying out DarnUI and I really like the changes but I'm having trouble reading the text now due to it being so much smaller, is there a way to increase the font size slightly?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

whalebiologist posted:

What mod adds that poncho/outfit on the far left? it looks amazing I need it :0

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39912

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Ok the Lombard Station is totally loving awesome. Couple of quick questions though, is there a container I can dump everything in and have it sorted in to all the other containers or do I have to go to each area individually? And is it possible to do something to the generator or is that just flavor text?

Oh and I really like the back story on the terminal. I shall go on a pilgrimage to Mojave Lake and hunt death claws in memory of the (assumedly) late Rob Thompson.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Luminaflare posted:

Ok the Lombard Station is totally loving awesome. Couple of quick questions though, is there a container I can dump everything in and have it sorted in to all the other containers or do I have to go to each area individually? And is it possible to do something to the generator or is that just flavor text?

Oh and I really like the back story on the terminal. I shall go on a pilgrimage to Mojave Lake and hunt death claws in memory of the (assumedly) late Rob Thompson.

The generator is just a little jab at the other houses that have a really complex power management system. :)

As for the sorting, for the time being you have to go to all of the areas. I'm thinking about adding a master button near the entrance to let you sort your entire inventory at once, but first I'd like to revamp some of the sorters first. The medical area most of all. Right now they are kind of a brute force sorter just because those were the first ones I did. I can do them much better now, and I'd like to make the Chem Set more interesting.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So what's the current recommendation on making the combat more visceral? I have PN installed and the skill modifier set to default, is this good enough or do you guys recommend anything that makes the combat more fun?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Brace posted:

So what's the current recommendation on making the combat more visceral? I have PN installed and the skill modifier set to default, is this good enough or do you guys recommend anything that makes the combat more fun?

While not directly related to what you're asking, I've been messing around with the Monster Mod lately and it has definitely made combat quite a bit more exciting, due to not knowing what you'll find next. This is most definitely not for the faint of heart (especially for arachnophobes :cry:)

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

While not directly related to what you're asking, I've been messing around with the Monster Mod lately and it has definitely made combat quite a bit more exciting, due to not knowing what you'll find next. This is most definitely not for the faint of heart (especially for arachnophobes :cry:)

Are they balanced? Last I heard this mod has some seriously hosed up issues with the monsters having colossal amounts of health and being able to find monsters right outside goodsprings that could murder level 20's

Also the link for Omnicarus' house mod in the OP appears to be broken, I'd like to try it out.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Brace posted:

Are they balanced? Last I heard this mod has some seriously hosed up issues with the monsters having colossal amounts of health and being able to find monsters right outside goodsprings that could murder level 20's

Also the link for Omnicarus' house mod in the OP appears to be broken, I'd like to try it out.

This should be it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5SALQO1T

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Brace posted:

Are they balanced?

Honestly I don't know. I'm on a new game, around level 10, using the vanilla PN settings just like you. I've noticed the new monsters are definitely more powerful than other stuff that's around, but I deal with them much like I deal with scorpions, punching and backpedaling. Considering how godlike you are by the end of New Vegas (haven't played the DLC yet) I kinda appreciate the challenge.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Brace posted:

Thanks for the head's up. OP updated.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Pitch posted:

No, they're really pretty bad. There's just a large contingent of goons who are convinced that stacking a big enough pile of shader mods and film grain on top of Gamebryo will make it look good eventually.

Everything's so bright and washed out, my eyes hurt.

Is there a script or a plugin for importing .nif poo poo for 3ds Max 2012? I can only find plugins for versions before the 2010 version. Or is there not any yet?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Ace Oliveira posted:

Everything's so bright and washed out, my eyes hurt.

Is there a script or a plugin for importing .nif poo poo for 3ds Max 2012? I can only find plugins for versions before the 2010 version. Or is there not any yet?

None yet.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Someone needs to get Omnicarus access to SAMods :v:

Brace posted:

My current loadout is:

- Project Nevada (With CoP's recommended settings -- 50% weapon damage skill influence, DT Bleedthrough 15%, etc.)
- Increased Wasteland Spawns (at medium) - http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38623
- Rise of the Machines - http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42334
- Creatures Give You Hell - http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42257

The above two mods make robots and creatures harder and more difficult.

Lastly, Manual Reload - http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37090 , which removes weapons automatically reloading all the time. It makes combat fun as gently caress.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I'm doing the final part of New Vegas Bounties and I am absolutely stuck.

No matter what I cannot kill the final guy. Even with a fully modded assault rifle with AP rounds at level 30 he just sends a bunch of guys in and kills me in a few hits. I'm playing as a sneaky assassin type and just cannot even begin to understand how I am supposed to kill him. Any way for a stealth character to slog through this? Or am I stuck Rambo'ing through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Red Mundus posted:

I'm doing the final part of New Vegas Bounties and I am absolutely stuck.

No matter what I cannot kill the final guy. Even with a fully modded assault rifle with AP rounds at level 30 he just sends a bunch of guys in and kills me in a few hits. I'm playing as a sneaky assassin type and just cannot even begin to understand how I am supposed to kill him. Any way for a stealth character to slog through this? Or am I stuck Rambo'ing through?

You're kidding? I just walked in, talked with the guy and said I'd join them, and he told me to shake his hand or whatever. Instead I entered sneak mode and used that Revenge gun to blow up his head.

Then all of his guards died (maybe their collars killed them? who knows), and I was completely astonished how it turned out. I think I'd rather had come in guns ablazing and rambo'd the place.