Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I'm talking about the first play not Navas. I am not blind, Navas was playacting like he had barça DNA but my manlove for him allows me to ignore it tyvm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Drogadon posted:

I'm talking about the first play not Navas. I am not blind, Navas was playacting like he had barça DNA but my manlove for him allows me to ignore it tyvm-

I was just busting your chops. The game is over so we are all friends, now. Except for Brandy, gently caress that guy.

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

So many fouls in that game, it was getting silly. How many times can you foul someone to disrupt a play before you get carded? poo poo. Klinsmann has taught the US how to get the ball to the box, hopefully someone can teach them to score.

Costa Rica looked pretty poor, and I'm sure sure Ruiz or Campbell would have helped a bunch, but at least they finished their chance.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

LYE-OONS posted:

The game is over so we are all friends, now. Except for Brandy, gently caress that guy.

Amen.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

LYE-OONS posted:

I was just busting your chops. The game is over so we are all friends, now. Except for Brandy, gently caress that guy.

Please don't be mean to a fellow American like that. :(

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

You will beat us in the qualifiers anyway, it was confirmed that Jorge Luis Pinto is our new manager and he sucks.

imo Ronald Gonzales should be the permanent manager but I'm pretty sure he's happy with the youth teams and he doesn't want to deal with the media circus that the senior job comes with.

Jota posted:

:lol:

Where is Brandy anyway? haven't seen him in a while.

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
So what's the deal with Castillo. I would rather see Eric 'I don't get any minutes at my club right back' Lichaj at left back than him. Just seems to have poor defensive discipline.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Drogadon posted:

Where is Brandy anyway? haven't seen him in a while.
Don't jinx it!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

invalid posted:

Don't jinx it!

My jinxing curse doesn't work anymore, don't worry

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

invalid posted:

Don't jinx it!

I hear if you look into the bathroom mirror and say his name three times in a row he will appear and make fun of you for being poor.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Octoduck posted:

So what's the deal with Castillo. I would rather see Eric 'I don't get any minutes at my club right back' Lichaj at left back than him. Just seems to have poor defensive discipline.

Well, excepting the fact that Lichaj was about to go on loan to Leeds, again... he tore his labrum (hip). Otherwise we might be seeing him.

Jota posted:

Haha, awesome.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
That was great, for 30 minutes, then we forgot the rest of the game, and despite the improvement in dynamic play, we've still got the first touch of a child molester.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
All I know is that I'm not bringing this flag to any more matches, live or on TV. It's now 0-3.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Hoover Dam posted:

That was great, for 30 minutes, then we forgot the rest of the game, and despite the improvement in dynamic play, we've still got the first touch of a child molester.
I think they pushed the pace a bit much early. After 30 they looked tired and started getting sloppy.

That being said it was a friendly and I'm not too worried. Donovan buries that ball 8 times out of 10 and were 1-0 early which changes the entire flow of the game.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
Santos Laguna sacked their manager today and they're in talks with Bob Bradley apparently. I will laugh if they hire him.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
Also the US lost against CR at home? Fuckin lol

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Will someone explain why we still care about Bob Bradley?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
^^^
I don't, really. It is great that he is out of our hair so I can ignore him.

Brandy Alexander posted:

Also the US lost against CR at home? Fuckin lol

Little late, Brandy.

BS is full of morons. I don't even know why I would look up news on there. Everyone is saying Klinsmann is the antichrist and wishing for Bob back. Oh yeah, and apparently they're all closet bigots.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

LYE-OONS posted:

BS is full of morons. I don't even know why I would look up news on there. Everyone is saying Klinsmann is the antichrist and wishing for Bob back. Oh yeah, and apparently they're all closet bigots.
Has BS always been horrible, or has it gotten worse over the years? I can't tell.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Brandy Alexander posted:

Santos Laguna sacked their manager today and they're in talks with Bob Bradley apparently. I will laugh if they hire him.

And you're our next opponent at The Dick, I'd love that.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!

Moktaro posted:

And you're our next opponent at The Dick, I'd love that.

What

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Brandy Alexander posted:

What

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick%27s_Sporting_Goods_Park

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Brandy Alexander posted:

What

What Moktaro is saying is that he would love the chance to take out all his rage against Bob Bradley and get a Champions League win at the same time.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Brandy Alexander posted:

What

He is saying that he has "feelings" for you.

Bentai posted:

Has BS always been horrible, or has it gotten worse over the years? I can't tell.

As far as I can tell, it has always been bad. But apparently they have a real hate erection for Klinsmann and co.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
Ah yes "The Dick".

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Bentai posted:

I think it's more that every new fan has to grow to hate it in their own way. Since the advent of heavy-duty social media and supporters' groups (like AO) who take full advantage of those resources, it's lost its usefulness for me (i.e. instructions for traveling fans). Now if I look at it, it'll just make me show up for a game in a bad mood.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bentai posted:

BS has always been a cesspool. It's just that years ago, it was about the only place to connect with other American soccer fans that wasn't the North American Soccer listserv.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
Or Matchnight

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
Hahaha Bradley is our new manager i am crying :psyduck:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Brandy Alexander posted:

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
I mean he did amazing things with a very limited US squad. But I don't think his style fits Mexican football at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
Does anybody know what his salary with the USMNTOEJFKEPW was?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brandy Alexander posted:

Does anybody know what his salary with the USMNTOEJFKEPW was?

$400,000/yr

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!

wicka posted:

$400,000/yr

That's not a lot. I wonder how much money he will ask for to come live in Mexico.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brandy Alexander posted:

That's not a lot. I wonder how much money he will ask for to come live in Mexico.

Hopefully a lot, this is the stadium where a gunfight erupted outside.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Poor Bob, how far he has fallen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

calcio posted:

Poor Bob, how far he has fallen.

ahahahahahaha your title is fantastic

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Brandy Alexander posted:

loving :lol: Who did Egypt hire instead?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Nothus posted:

loving :lol: Who did Egypt hire instead?

Egypt is a not very good team, they didn't even qualify for the ACN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

wicka posted:

ahahahahahaha your title is fantastic
aka gently caress Byo and Arsenal. :(

• Locked thread