Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Tip for Brandy: go ahead and start demanding Bob is fired now, everyone else will join you later and then you can be smug about being right first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Also, feel free to use the nicknames "Coach Voldemort" and "He-Whose-Contract-Must-Not-Be-Renewed," if you want them.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I wonder if he'll still wear sweatpants during games.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
drat, I was hoping Brandy meant Bob took over as coach of the Mexican team :unsmith:

I wish him well there; hopefully Oswaldo Sanchez won't try to take out his ankle as he's walking by

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

G-Hawk posted:

Tip for Brandy: go ahead and start demanding Bob is fired now, everyone else will join you later and then you can be smug about being right first

Why hello :smug:

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!

The SARS Volta posted:

drat, I was hoping Brandy meant Bob took over as coach of the Mexican team :unsmith:

I wish him well there; hopefully Oswaldo Sanchez won't try to take out his ankle as he's walking by

Why would they sack De La Torre? He hasn't lost a game in over a year.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24278902&postcount=1 -- A little bit of a story about the Klinsmann tifo from Saturday's game.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Rabbi Tupac posted:

What Moktaro is saying is that he would love the chance to take out all his rage against Bob Bradley and get a Champions League win at the same time.

Actually I don't have any rage against Bob, I just felt he had plateaued as a coach and was unable/unwilling to do the other things necessary to take the fed to the next level. Just gonna be fun having him come here with a Mexican club.

I wonder if there is anywhere I could put a bet down on Rapids winning the group now (still not favorites I think but could be an overlay).

moonshine
Dec 7, 2001

the holocaust literally never happened
where they pushing the belgium game to on tuesday considering espn will run the nascar race. u or 2 so i can know what to record

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Swamp Rapist posted:

where they pushing the belgium game to on tuesday considering espn will run the nascar race. u or 2 so i can know what to record

It's probably going to keep raining in Atlanta so that might not be a problem.

moonshine
Dec 7, 2001

wicka posted:

It's probably going to keep raining in Atlanta so that might not be a problem.

wanna head off the problem in advance

moonshine
Dec 7, 2001

a whole state of balls

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Brandy Alexander posted:

Why would they sack De La Torre? He hasn't lost a game in over a year.

1) I was reading the thread at 6 in the morning and wasn't sure what the hell was going on

2) I'm sure Mexican coaches have been fired for doing better

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
You're confusing Mexico with Chelsea, a common mistake

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

can't wait for a usa match in my time zone :getin:

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Here's the lineup: Howard; Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra (capt.), Chandler; Edu, Torres, Dempsey; Rogers, Altidore, Shea

Subs: Hamid, Orozco Fiscal, Beckerman, Larentowicz, Kljestan, Spector, Agudelo

I, of course, have a doc appointment this afternoon, which I'd like to say is a lame excuse to get me out of work early to watch. It's not, it's an actual checkup. Whoops.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Not my joke, but will be referring to him as Robbie Rogerstein from now on.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
That's... actually a pretty good lineup, given the players available. You could make an argument for Beckerman over Edu, but :geno:

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Good on Klinsi for getting rid of Orozco and Castillo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The SARS Volta posted:

That's... actually a pretty good lineup, given the players available. You could make an argument for Beckerman over Edu, but :geno:

I think we'll see a lot of changes at half time, especially since Torres and Shea have played so drat much recently. I'd be surprised if Beckerman got much less than 45 minutes of play.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Tigren posted:

Good on Klinsi for getting rid of Orozco and Castillo.

Orozco's on the bench. Castillo's not dressed, which is good.

The SARS Volta posted:

You could make an argument for Beckerman over Edu

Sideshow Bob only got in yesterday after playing with RSL on Saturday, so that's probably it.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Goin' Fast Turnin' Left is rain delayed. Again. Will they stick with circle racing and not go to the friendly on ESPN?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

KabukiJoe posted:

Goin' Fast Turnin' Left is rain delayed. Again. Will they stick with circle racing and not go to the friendly on ESPN?

They are on lap 212 of 325 and the drivers are getting back in their cars. What time does the friendly start?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

KabukiJoe posted:

I thought it's been very well established that ESPN doesn't switch from their scheduled programming no matter the delay? At this point, you should always have a contingency plan if the game is on ESPN.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Just came here to say we're playing Ciman on RB so if the US can't do poo poo from that side they're literally worthless kthxbuy

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Tigren posted:

I thought it's been very well established that ESPN doesn't switch from their scheduled programming no matter the delay? At this point, you should always have a contingency plan if the game is on ESPN.

Yes, but if it is rain delayed will they just talk about the rain delay or switch over?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
USA-Belgium has been moved to ESPN2 from ESPN due to NASCAR going long. Pre-game starts at 2:30 pm ET.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

:siren: ESPN begins US Soccer coverage on time :siren:

well, ESPN2, but the point still stands

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
If this pregame is live, that stadium is loving EMPTY!

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Tigren posted:

If this pregame is live, that stadium is loving EMPTY!

15 min before kickoff also it's raining like gently caress

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

The SARS Volta posted:

Agreed.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

"Ciman has never disappointed for Belgium"

:psyduck: WHAT

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Sacha is getting dangerously close to Hitler hair

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
Not sure if Bocanegra is going to have any hope as sportscaster after he stops playing soccer.

Anthem time :911:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

That's odd I thought Torres was Spanish :buddy:

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

The SARS Volta posted:

Sacha is getting dangerously close to Hitler hair

Ah, not Hitler, Hitler Youth. The ever fashionable Jugend.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

SenorSpangiel posted:

"Ciman has never disappointed for Belgium"

:psyduck: WHAT

Well, you can't really disappoint if nobody expects anything.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

Well, you can't really disappoint if nobody expects anything.

:I Why'd you have to get hurt because of bad Anderlecht physios Odoi

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
It would be neat if Jozy tried winning a ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

come on maru pay attention

• Locked thread