Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

TheLakers posted:

Has Stern or Levy mentioned anything about another roast? That's about the only thing that'd get me to listen again.

I'm pretty sure Levy is dead to the show now. I can't even remember what it was about, but Levy was talking a lot of poo poo on some podcast or web show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

sedative posted:

I'm pretty sure Levy is dead to the show now. I can't even remember what it was about, but Levy was talking a lot of poo poo on some podcast or web show.

Pretty sure it was because Levy straight up blamed Howard for the Artie situation. I think he even did it on O&A.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I'm listening to the first week at Sirius for the first time. My god, is that not one of the funniest weeks they've ever done? JD losing his virginity and the crew ripping on JD for about a hour, George Takei falling for the Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator not once but twice, the constant sexual tension and jokes between Artie and George, everyone trying to figure out who had which revelation, Fred going berserk on Howard, messing with George using the fake George Takei audio clips..

quote:

Fun With George Takei Audio Clips. 01/12/06. 6:05am
Howard told George that they need him to do a bunch of recordings so they can use them for prank calls and stuff like that. Howard had him say ''Hi, this is George'' to start off. That led to them playing some of the clips that Richard Christy created using his audio book. Richard came in and asked George to say ''Uhura's cans hung real low'' but George didn't want to say that. They had him say some things that they can edit together into other things...
Knuckle deep.
Smells like fish.
Light skinned black woman.
Can I see.
Blow.
Wang chung.
Howard had a conversation with the audio clips they had. Fred played some of them as Howard asked some questions. They have clips of George saying things like...
My boyfriend's tool is 28 massive inches.
One night Bill Shatner plunged into a young teenager's black wang.
My boyfriend loves when my curved wang throbs.
The guys had some fun with the clips while George laughed his rear end off. Fred threw in some fart sounds when he'd talk about the gay stuff and George would laugh hysterically. He's got a great sense of humor and was almost inviting them to goof on him.

When the week is over, I may have to listen to it again.

Why don't they try to put George in the Artie chair?

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.

sedative posted:

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Pretty sure it was because Levy straight up blamed Howard for the Artie situation. I think he even did it on O&A.

Are there any funny/edgy comics that frequent the show anymore (other than Gilbert)?

Although, Artie goofing on Levy was the best thing about having Levy on the show in the first place.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Did the whole break off with Levy start even earlier? I remember Howard got made out the obscene number of plugs at the end of the show. Then Levy went off about not being paid for miserable men. I thought the rift really started then.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

One of my favorite things about the first Sirius year is the horrible Bob Levy song parodies. "yell like pee" proved that he was at least mildly retarded.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNlH27rADI

"I think Bob Levy is basically... Jeffrey Dahmer if he read a joke book"

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

TheLakers posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNlH27rADI

"I think Bob Levy is basically... Jeffrey Dahmer if he read a joke book"

Artie's explanation of his understanding of the intri-net is so entertaining.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Two Kings posted:

Did the whole break off with Levy start even earlier? I remember Howard got made out the obscene number of plugs at the end of the show. Then Levy went off about not being paid for miserable men. I thought the rift really started then.

I remember there was a "Levy wants to plug something on the show for fifteen minutes" and they said no and he ranted on Miserable Men that Howard thought people like rear end Napkin Ed were more important than him. Howard then said he was going to stop all of Levy's plugs that they did everyday because he was so pissed. This was in the middle of 2008.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Artie's 20 minute long filibuster on Levy is right up there with Sal's apology as the highlight of the show for me.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

It's a drat shame because any show they did where they came in in the evenings, got a little drunk and had a great time with guests was really superb radio.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kazmeyer posted:

No, it was (apparently) the real guy. And it was funny, but predictable.

"Would you play a character who's a cross-dresser?"
[long silence]
"No."
"How about a white supremacist?"
[silence]
"No, I wouldn't do that."

He did compare himself to Daniel Day-Lewis at one point, and he finally caved and admitted he'd play a guy who's major flaw was he doesn't recycle. It's really not the same without Artie, though, and Howard hasn't even let Fred go at him in any real way since the return.

I really wonder why. Fred used to lay into Eric the Living Turd in a hilariously harsh way, in some cases much more harshly than Artie. To hear absolutely nothing from Fred is just offputting, especially when Eric is rolling right over the show when he bothers to come on. Why the gently caress is Eric the Midget given so much respect? The joke is so over and done that I doubt even Fratto really bothers anymore.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I really wonder why. Fred used to lay into Eric the Living Turd in a hilariously harsh way, in some cases much more harshly than Artie. To hear absolutely nothing from Fred is just offputting, especially when Eric is rolling right over the show when he bothers to come on. Why the gently caress is Eric the Midget given so much respect? The joke is so over and done that I doubt even Fratto really bothers anymore.

I think Beth thinks Eric is a shaved dog or something and told Howard to be nice to him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I'm listening to the first week at Sirius for the first time. My god, is that not one of the funniest weeks they've ever done?

I was relistening to a lot of that stuff last night, George Takei in particular is comedy gold.

Lately I find myself missing the conflict towards the end at K-Rock. The tension over the dump button, wondering who was going to cross the line taking shots at Tom, Howard being in a foul mood all the time. The early Sirius stuff was great, but the show lost something once Howard had complete control and no more FCC to worry about.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Didn't Levy also go around saying that he was an uncredited writer for the show?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bonzo posted:

Didn't Levy also go around saying that he was an uncredited writer for the show?

Jason Ellis let it slip once that all the stunts he's done on the Stern show were bits Levy had pitched to the show.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Jason Ellis let it slip once that all the stunts he's done on the Stern show were bits Levy had pitched to the show.

Bob's a pretty loathsome human being, but I definitely think they could have treated him better for all that he did for the show.

The Levy breakdown over not being booked on the show to promote something was what led to the insane "gently caress YOU GARY" rant. Levy called in the next day to apologize, and you could practically hear him staring at his shoes the whole time. I feel like they gave him a raw deal sometimes, but another fake celebrity boxing match promo was the last loving thing the show needed.

The big break-up was over the end of show plugs going on waaay too loving long.

Miserable Men wasn't a very good show, but the last two months of Bob's stay there were pretty fun, with them spending every week trying to push Bob into meltdown. They did pretty good job of it, really.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY-qkZ0P2ms&feature=related

Fred makes every bit he's part of better. Especially involving JD.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
So I was wondering how/why K.C. ended up leaving the show, whilst googling I came across this..
http://www.trainwithkc.com/

I want to believe it's some sort of elaborate joke site.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Birthday Cake posted:

So I was wondering how/why K.C. ended up leaving the show, whilst googling I came across this..
http://www.trainwithkc.com/

Nope, KC has been promoting it for a while now.

Is the show live today?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Hamburglar posted:

Nope, KC has been promoting it for a while now.

Is the show live today?

yep

Ronnie tweeted about going into the lion shark tiger tank

can't listen right now, anyone know what's going on?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

First hour was good, some rants from Howard, including a recap of the water in his parent's basement debacle.

Second hour was Howard hammering on Ronnie for being a drunken idiot at strip club appearances. Honestly, that has gotten old for me... we all know how stupid and unfunny Ronnie is, so nothing new comes up.

EDIT:

Birthday Cake posted:

All is forgiven because he hosts a bunch of the KC songs on his site:

http://www.trainwithkc.com/SONGS.html

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 6, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

Bob's a pretty loathsome human being, but I definitely think they could have treated him better for all that he did for the show.

I get the feeling that Levy's loathsomeness was used as a way to justify not paying him in cash. It's a good way to get his comedy that works and walk away from poo poo that doesn't. All a way to enable on the cheap.

That said, despite Artie's slamming of him, Levy walking away from a lovely-paying gig in his defense (if it was honest) was being a better friend than Artie was during the last few years on the show.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Millstone posted:

Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock...again

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
The gang doing a drunk show, Benjy pukes on Robin

This is fantastic, everyone involved just sounds like they're having a blast. I love unusual shows like this one, such as the ISDN show.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Millstone posted:

Yeah, ok, that part was funny. I love how Ronnie can be goaded into almost anything.

So, you guys think Howard has this condition?
When a Chomp or a Slurp Is a Trigger for Outrage

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, ok, that part was funny. I love how Ronnie can be goaded into almost anything.

So, you guys think Howard has this condition?
When a Chomp or a Slurp Is a Trigger for Outrage

Don't know about Howard, but I definitely suffer from this. There have been times in my life when I've left the room because I couldn't stand listening to other people chomping and slurping any more. I try not to be a dick about it, but I really can't stand it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lynch_69 posted:

Don't know about Howard, but I definitely suffer from this. There have been times in my life when I've left the room because I couldn't stand listening to other people chomping and slurping any more. I try not to be a dick about it, but I really can't stand it.

These things annoy the poo poo out of me, but I don't have massive anger. What really bothers me is people who walk so loudly that they shake the floor, and stomp their feet to climb stairs. I don't know if that's a noise thing, or a these people don't know how to walk thing.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

lynch_69 posted:

Yeah, I think most people have some sort of weird tick when it comes to certain sounds.

Personally, I really don't like the word "breakfast". I don't have any problem reading it, or saying it to myself. But when other people say the word to me, the sound just makes me cringe. I can't explain why.

I remember on the show earlier in the year when they were goofing on Gary eating his eggs in the morning. It was hilarious but and I had to turn the radio off because I couldn't stand Howard repeatedly saying 'breakfast'. I still feel a bit anxious when I think about it for awhile.

Weird stuff.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

lynch_69 posted:

I had this problem in 7th grade math class. The teacher would sit at the back of the room during quizzes and tests and loudly gulp her ice tea from this huge 64oz cup.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Long as we are sharing, I have a thing about breathing through the mouth. Can't stand it.

Howard's Dad does THE most annoying thing - he gets that dry mouth and he smacks his lips. It was really bad the time they did their own show at the start of Sirius.

(Or, as my mother in law likes to call it, "Sire-us" - speaking of things that annoy us)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

FogHelmut posted:

These things annoy the poo poo out of me, but I don't have massive anger. What really bothers me is people who walk so loudly that they shake the floor, and stomp their feet to climb stairs. I don't know if that's a noise thing, or a these people don't know how to walk thing.

This one pisses me off too. Hey you stomping elephant mutant, walk on the balls of your feet, not on your fat heels like a fat loving frankenstein.

:argh:

(Although this did remind me of one of my favorite moments in recent show memory, where Artie sums up Buffy the Vampire Slayer as "Jew Broad. Kills Draculas.")

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

This one pisses me off too. Hey you stomping elephant mutant, walk on the balls of your feet, not on your fat heels like a fat loving frankenstein.

Actually, functional/safe gait mechanics at the ankle are a heel to toe pattern.
Heel strike with toe off.

/Dr. Sarno

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Vakal posted:

Yeah, I think most people have some sort of weird tick when it comes to certain sounds.

Personally, I really don't like the word "breakfast". I don't have any problem reading it, or saying it to myself. But when other people say the word to me, the sound just makes me cringe. I can't explain why.

I remember on the show earlier in the year when they were goofing on Gary eating his eggs in the morning. It was hilarious but and I had to turn the radio off because I couldn't stand Howard repeatedly saying 'breakfast'. I still feel a bit anxious when I think about it for awhile.

Weird stuff.

My sister can't stand the word "moist", which I always thought was weird but was disappointed when I read something recently and that's one of the most hated words in the English language.

It's so abnormal to be disturbed that much by a word(that isn't something like an offensive word) and I just can't understand it. She has no explanation, it's almost like her brain is just wired wrong or something. I guess I'd get it if I had a similar tic but I just don't.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Crotch Bat posted:

My sister can't stand the word "moist", which I always thought was weird but was disappointed when I read something recently and that's one of the most hated words in the English language.

It's so abnormal to be disturbed that much by a word(that isn't something like an offensive word) and I just can't understand it. She has no explanation, it's almost like her brain is just wired wrong or something. I guess I'd get it if I had a similar tic but I just don't.

My girlfriend told me the same thing. I thought she was being really weird. It's a little more understandable now that I know other people feel the same way. I don't think there is a word that freaks me out. I can't stand the sound of Styrofoam but that's about it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

I think a comedian or somebody did a bit on this word, making it a thing, like the first dude who was afraid of clowns and then it became a cool/wacky thing to be afraid of clowns.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

I think a comedian or somebody did a bit on this word, making it a thing, like the first dude who was afraid of clowns and then it became a cool/wacky thing to be afraid of clowns.

I first heard the "moist" thing on the first episode of Dead Like Me, and I've heard it about 100 times subsequently. I'm sure they're not the first people to point it out or anything (I don't think very many people ever watched that drat show), but that was definitely the first time I'd heard it.

e: My mom is legit terrified of clowns. And birds. I also saw more than a couple of people who were scared shitless of balloons during one of my old jobs. It's one of the sadder goddamn things you'll ever see.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

DangerDummy! posted:

I first heard the "moist" thing on the first episode of Dead Like Me, and I've heard it about 100 times subsequently. I'm sure they're not the first people to point it out or anything (I don't think very many people ever watched that drat show), but that was definitely the first time I'd heard it.

e: My mom is legit terrified of clowns. And birds. I also saw more than a couple of people who were scared shitless of balloons during one of my old jobs. It's one of the sadder goddamn things you'll ever see.

Oh yeah, no doubt, I didn't meant to say anyone was faking, but it is kind of like that thing people with other issues say to have something about themselves be "interesting" or to rationalize something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

Oh yeah, no doubt, I didn't meant to say anyone was faking, but it is kind of like that thing people with other issues say to have something about themselves be "interesting" or to rationalize something.

I see. I have a similar thing with people who prattle on about their dumb ghost stories, or how they have psychic abilities or whatever. Being at the emotional/intellectual level of a 6 year old doesn't make you unique or interesting.