Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Still better than Nando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
Lolkaku skies it..

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Loved that urgency on the final possession!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Holy gently caress that was the worst ending to a match I have ever seen. No effort to even attack the goal.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Good performances from a few young players, ended strong I think.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
I love you ESPN, had it set to record on the channel they said they were broadcasting it on, only to find out when I get home that they completely changed the channel they were broadcasting it on.

pintxo
Oct 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
that was kinda anti-climatic...

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
You know I like what klinsmann is doing but it just feels like something is missing... maybe he should bring in a tactical guy as an assistant.

Anyway i'm pretty optimistic about klinsi's reign.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The Collector posted:

You know I like what klinsmann is doing but it just feels like something is missing... maybe he should bring in a tactical guy as an assistant.

Anyway i'm pretty optimistic about klinsi's reign.

Our possession and passing game is so much better. But, it is like we have no ability to put up a decent offense. We have no one creative enough up front to actually make something happen. It is great to see us possess the ball better, but the attacking woes are killing me.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

80085 posted:

I love you ESPN, had it set to record on the channel they said they were broadcasting it on, only to find out when I get home that they completely changed the channel they were broadcasting it on.

I am so loving sick of that. Not that it will do any good, but I would email them and CC: any of their major sponsors to let them know you won't patronize any of them until they knock this poo poo off. Fight the power! :black101:

PeetsZahut
Jul 9, 2008

LYE-OONS posted:

Our possession and passing game is so much better. But, it is like we have no ability to put up a decent offense. We have no one creative enough up front to actually make something happen. It is great to see us possess the ball better, but the attacking woes are killing me.

This. This is exactly it. We have a decent mid and defender, but there's no one up front taking charge. Altidore can't handle the ball well enough and Agudelo just needs practice. I was at the game in Carson against CR and it's depressing to watch all this good passing go to waste.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I'm not really worried. We have time to let a few of those players like Shea and Agudelo develop more (they are still so young), Altidore to improve, Davis to return to form, etc.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Well, that's pretty disappointing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

WayAbvPar posted:

I am so loving sick of that. Not that it will do any good, but I would email them and CC: any of their major sponsors to let them know you won't patronize any of them until they knock this poo poo off. Fight the power! :black101:

lol, are you loving serious? Yeah, gently caress ESPN for not changing the channel of an event that is currently airing. How dare they?!?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

wicka posted:

lol, are you loving serious? Yeah, gently caress ESPN for not changing the channel of an event that is currently airing. How dare they?!?

Just put it on ESPN2 in the first place. Their inability to foresee the possibility of LLWS and NASCAR running long is hilarious. And seriously, gently caress LLWS and NASCAR...

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Apparently we held 54% possession and our passing accuracy was 82% :wtc:

This never would have happened with Bob. If only we had a decent attack, we would be a very, very dangerous team. But watch, we will keep losing, Klinsmann will get sacked, and then we'll go back to holding 30% possession and only completing 10 passes a game, a few of which are counters.

:smith:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rats off to ya posted:

Just put it on ESPN2 in the first place. Their inability to foresee the possibility of LLWS and NASCAR running long is hilarious. And seriously, gently caress LLWS and NASCAR...

The NASCAR race wasn't scheduled for today, jesus.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

rats off to ya posted:

The NASCAR race was originally scheduled for Saturday. ESPN2 was only available today because the US Open got rained out. We're lucky it didn't get moved to ESPNU or some poo poo.

e: Sunday, not Saturday. Keep forgetting this was a holiday weekend.

Howdy fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 6, 2011

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

wicka posted:

The NASCAR race wasn't scheduled for today, jesus.

I was probably a little too harsh on NASCAR there, but don't those races typically have multiple delays per race? Shame on ESPN for doing this twice in a row...

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

rats off to ya posted:

I was probably a little too harsh on NASCAR there, but don't those races typically have multiple delays per race? Shame on ESPN for doing this twice in a row...

You don't do a lot of reading, eh? It wasn't originally scheduled for today.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rats off to ya posted:

:ughh:

1. No. 2. It was rained out for three days because of a tropical storm. Sorry ESPN's meteorology department isn't good enough for you.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

80085 posted:

Same here - I got about 3 minutes of actual game time. I think I saved myself some frustration, though.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Well you do have an argument that the NASCAR race, not being scheduled for today, bumps the US from its prescheduled slot. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bump the US from ESPN to ESPN2 to put NASCAR on ESPN, when they could've just put NASCAR on ESPN2....(although I guess there might be people out there don't get ESPN2 but do get ESPN, and they wanted them for the ratings. I haven't seen TV package that has ESPN but not ESPN2 for like 10 years though)

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

haha if you seriously think they are going to play a USA friendly on ESPN over NASCAR you're out of your loving mind.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
NASCAR is going to obliterate the ratings any US friendly will draw. ESPN makes this call 100 times out of 100.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Again, ESPN2 WASN'T AVAILABLE until this morning when the US Open was rained out. Both that and NASCAR completely destroy soccer ratings, not even remotely close. This game would have ended up on ESPNU or Classic or Deportes or some poo poo.

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
So much better to talk about ESPN marketing strategies than football.

We like playing a 4 3 3 that still plays like a 4 5 1. Also, Rodgers shouldn't start.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Octoduck posted:

So much better to talk about ESPN marketing strategies than football.

We like playing a 4 3 3 that still plays like a 4 5 1. Also, Rodgers shouldn't start.

We are playing a 4 5 1 that plays like a 4 5 1.

Throw Donovan in and pray one of our strikers comes good and we will be as good as we can be.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
I don't know what you all are on about but I'm just upset that I am incapable of watching the USA Belgium friendly soccer match exhibition.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

80085 posted:

I don't know what you all are on about but I'm just upset that I am incapable of watching the USA Belgium friendly soccer match exhibition.

Replay it on ESPN3.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Suqit posted:

Replay it on ESPN3.

my tv real big, my monitor real small. me too dumb to figure out how to get on big tv.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

80085 posted:

my tv real big, my monitor real small. me too dumb to figure out how to get on big tv.

Just sit really close to your monitor and you'll never know the difference.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Saw the second half of the match. On the whole, the doctor's appointment was better.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Hoover Dam posted:

Saw the second half of the match. On the whole, the doctor's appointment was better.

Was it a colonoscopy?

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

Suqit posted:

We are playing a 4 5 1 that plays like a 4 5 1.

Throw Donovan in and pray one of our strikers comes good and we will be as good as we can be.

We are clearly attempting to play a 4-3-3, as stated by Dempsey after the game.

Unless I missed your sarcasm, then yes, we are playing a 4-5-1 that plays like a 4-5--------1.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Octoduck posted:

We are clearly attempting to play a 4-3-3, as stated by Dempsey after the game.

Unless I missed your sarcasm, then yes, we are playing a 4-5-1 that plays like a 4-5--------1.

I missed the interview due to having sound off so I wouldn't have to listen to those morons. Dempsey said they were attempting a 4-3-3?

LOL

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

Suqit posted:

I missed the interview due to having sound off so I wouldn't have to listen to those morons. Dempsey said they were attempting a 4-3-3?

LOL

I don't blame you for having the sound off, because gently caress listening to John Harkes.

edit: Lookookoo

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

LYE-OONS posted:

Apparently we held 54% possession and our passing accuracy was 82% :wtc:

This never would have happened with Bob. If only we had a decent attack, we would be a very, very dangerous team. But watch, we will keep losing, Klinsmann will get sacked, and then we'll go back to holding 30% possession and only completing 10 passes a game, a few of which are counters.

:smith:

Jesus look who we were using in the attack. Kids and an out of shape Altidore. Give it some time.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

cheese posted:

Jesus look who we were using in the attack. Kids and an out of shape Altidore. Give it some time.
Why would Altidore be out of shape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

Suqit posted:

Why would Altidore be out of shape?

Dutch Pastries. :420:

• Locked thread