Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Vitriol posted:

Looks like Weapon Mods Expanded 1.1 dropped, and it adds mods in for Melee Weapons!

Now my semi-OCD rear end just needs Brumbek's inventory sorter to update.

So far I'm kind of disappointed by the mods added in this update. Though I suppose you can't really modify most of the melee weapons beyond using better materials or sharpening bits.

Meat tenderiser spikes on Oh Baby! is :black101: as gently caress though. And then there's the extra barrel mod for the ballistic fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Did Arenovalis die?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Pwnstar posted:

Did Arenovalis die?

He seemingly only ever posted to show off his poo poo so I guess it doesn't really matter. He is/was working with the FOOK team so perhaps he's just busy with that.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Internet Friend posted:

Aside from importing NIFs and exporting the final product as a NIF in Blender, stick to OBJ format (Wavefront (obj) in Blender, gw::OBJ-Exporter in Max, ect). Everything supports OBJ to some degree.

Max has presets for many programs in its OBJ import & export dialog, and Blender's defaults are mostly OK. Normals aren't exported by default in Blender, you may want to enable them if you're having smoothing problems without them. Baking in XNormal also chokes on OBJ files without normals.

Before exporting from Max is a good time to collapse the modifier stack, add a STL Check modifier and look for problems. The exporter will give you the incredibly unhelpful error "rats nest in mesh <name>" if you've got things like double faces or isolated verts, though it will go ahead and export anyway.

Max has a built in Send To Mudbox option and supports GoZ for ZBrush to quickly export to either of those for sculpting. You can go the other way too, but it usually makes more sense to export multiple files of different levels of decimation from sculpting apps.

For some reason, the 3dsmax exporter-importer thing can't find my .obj files. I have te option of exporting and importing them, but 3dsmax can't find them.

I put the .obj files in the blender file, does that have anything to do with it?

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Ace Oliveira posted:

For some reason, the 3dsmax exporter-importer thing can't find my .obj files. I have te option of exporting and importing them, but 3dsmax can't find them.

I put the .obj files in the blender file, does that have anything to do with it?

If by that you mean you saved a .blend file, that's a Blender-specific scene file. Not a compatible format to take into other programs. You should be saving .obj files from this menu.
Try these export settings and these import settings if you have issues.

I also just gave the .FBX exporter in Blender a try and it seems to work fine on default settings; FBX is Autodesk's exchange format. Perfect for taking into Max.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Did Arenovalis die?

He posted some WIP's at the end of June but then he disappeared.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Internet Friend posted:

If by that you mean you saved a .blend file, that's a Blender-specific scene file. Not a compatible format to take into other programs. You should be saving .obj files from this menu.
Try these export settings and these import settings if you have issues.

I also just gave the .FBX exporter in Blender a try and it seems to work fine on default settings; FBX is Autodesk's exchange format. Perfect for taking into Max.

Thanks for the help. I'll be definately using the .fbx exporter from now on. It doesn't work very well, though. It says I must be logged in as an administrator when I import the .fbx file in 3dsmax sometimes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Hey Naky, here's a Not God loving Awful mesh of a Saiga-12:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43703

:toot:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Well, now that I'm done obsessing over DXHR, time to go back to another game with level-up augmentsperks and vastly more re-playability due to mods. It's been a while since I got new mods for FONV and there are some definite winners I can see, such as Signature Weapons, and WMX has updated to include craftable weapon mods!? gently caress yea!

Anyways, I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for a guy who loves crafting (besides WMX of course). Are there any good ammo crafting mods (I have an ancient one by a guy called Teubsteak that hasn't been updated for nearly a year that made shotguns into hilarious win buttons with explosive rounds)? Also, are there any good mods for a guy who likes to go dungeon delving? FONV really left me a bit disappointed on having enough dungeons to explore after FO3, many of them being nothing more than a cave full of animal X and two or three settler/NCR bodies to loot, and I don't have any money for the FONV expansions to see if they have any good hidey holes to peek about in.

DR_Bob84
Apr 13, 2009

Alkydere posted:

Also, are there any good mods for a guy who likes to go dungeon delving? FONV really left me a bit disappointed on having enough dungeons to explore after FO3, many of them being nothing more than a cave full of animal X and two or three settler/NCR bodies to loot, and I don't have any money for the FONV expansions to see if they have any good hidey holes to peek about in.

A world of pain is all about extra dungeons. For just the locations it's pretty good it's just that later versions added a lot of unnecessary bullshit. Like 300 extra npc's everywhere and M type weapons. Checked it out today again and there are patches to remove most of it. The old version was pretty cool so check it out.

Patches here: Link

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Alkydere posted:

Well, now that I'm done obsessing over DXHR, time to go back to another game with level-up augmentsperks and vastly more re-playability due to mods. It's been a while since I got new mods for FONV and there are some definite winners I can see, such as Signature Weapons, and WMX has updated to include craftable weapon mods!? gently caress yea!
Not what you asked for but you should look into Project Nevada which is a pretty recent overhaul. It seems pretty balanced but one of the cool things about it is that it extends the implant system to be something a bit more like augmentations in Deus Ex. Lots of different upgradeable augs with varied effects, active and passive. It's really freaking cool if you like DX. The rest of the mod is good too, but you can install this part alone if you want.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Alkydere posted:

Are there any good ammo crafting mods?

I really like Gtab's ammo mod. It requires Honest Hearts, however:

http://www.zshare.net/download/906417447c92363f/

Post from TFR about it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3015878&userid=45620&perpage=40&pagenumber=47#post392049029

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Hey Naky, here's a Not God loving Awful mesh of a Saiga-12:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43703

:toot:

Its an AKM with a black texture and RAILZ to hide that its an AKM. No thanks. I'll stick with the better replacement mesh/texture I have now cuz at least its based off a real Saiga. :)

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Not what you asked for but you should look into Project Nevada which is a pretty recent overhaul. It seems pretty balanced but one of the cool things about it is that it extends the implant system to be something a bit more like augmentations in Deus Ex. Lots of different upgradeable augs with varied effects, active and passive. It's really freaking cool if you like DX. The rest of the mod is good too, but you can install this part alone if you want.
See, I actually rather disliked the implant system in Project Nevada, because most of the added implants seemed really boring. I mean, +5 lockpick/+5 repair for a top-level implant? It's just so blah.

What's the deal with Type M weapons from A World of Pain, anyway? The description of the mod doesn't mention them.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Strudel Man posted:

What's the deal with Type M weapons from A World of Pain, anyway? The description of the mod doesn't mention them.

AWOP's design posted:

"Big numbers! Big numbers good!

More health, more damage! Good!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
So it's just weapons that do a lot of damage?

Weird. Somebody asked about compatibility with the signature weapon mod, with the strong implication that it wasn't already compatible. But if it's just a regular weapon that does a ton of damage, it certainly ought to be. Unless it like has special extra-damage scripts or something...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

Its an AKM with a black texture and RAILZ to hide that its an AKM. No thanks. I'll stick with the better replacement mesh/texture I have now cuz at least its based off a real Saiga. :)

Oh cool, I didn't know you found a replacement. Got any screenshots?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

See, I actually rather disliked the implant system in Project Nevada, because most of the added implants seemed really boring. I mean, +5 lockpick/+5 repair for a top-level implant? It's just so blah.

That's more like a fully upgraded lower-tier implant, in my opinion. Rather, top-tier would be more like the vision modes, the cloaking implant, or the increased movement during bullet time implant.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Captain McStabbin posted:

That's more like a fully upgraded lower-tier implant, in my opinion. Rather, top-tier would be more like the vision modes, the cloaking implant, or the increased movement during bullet time implant.
When I played, the only vision implant was the one to analyze a creature's threat level and awareness of you, which was just laughably meaningless. I guess there's a few more now, though, which is a little better.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Oh cool, I didn't know you found a replacement. Got any screenshots?

It's not as clean looking as that one, but it's ported from the Arsenal mod in STALKER. Not the stock Saiga from STALKER, the better one from Arsenal. I keep meaning to play with the levels in the texture since I feel it's a bit too dark but I keep forgetting.

edit: I just cleaned it up because I didn't want to forget again:

Fully modded vs unmodded

Naky fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 7, 2011

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Well, thanks for the suggestion folks. I thought the Specialization mod would be overpowered as all hell, so I set it to 15 kills/level. Then I ran into what AWOP was throwing at me...

I'm at the old Highway Patrol station just south of Prim and I had to reload four times because of some jackass constantly shooting me in the head with his M laser pistol. I have NEVER had to reload upon entering the Highway Patrol.

I think I'm gonna like exploring more if I actually have to put up a fight :D. Though...I hope AWOP didn't do anything with the Cazadores. Those things don't need any loving buffs.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Cazadores are one of the few things I fly into VATS for. It's very important to nail those suckers right in the wings ASAP.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I'm having a "haha gently caress you world" playthrough with the signature weapon set to a minigun with 5 base kills/level.

You say "cheap", I say "I am no longer scared of cazadores".

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Just wanna say that the shiny engraved tin Pip-Boy is awesome and should be the official Pip-Boy of all Mojave vaults. Thanks for the guy that linked it before.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Chronojam posted:

Cazadores are one of the few things I fly into VATS for. It's very important to nail those suckers right in the wings ASAP.

LvK posted:

I'm having a "haha gently caress you world" playthrough with the signature weapon set to a minigun with 5 base kills/level.

I find that .357 HP ammo mixed with VATS worked wonders against Cazadores, absolutely destroys them. That was the moment the Cowboy Repeater became my favorite weapon in the game. I lost my fear of wandering Cazadores when I found that out because I'm a weird guy who always sneak/crouch-walks everywhere for that [DANGER] thing on the HUD, so I always knew when they were coming. Of course, I'm very afraid the AWOP will add elite Cazadores. :ohdear:

That being said, I do agree that there is no overkill against a swarm of Cazadores. It makes me want to mod the MIRV fat-boy launcher from FO3 into FONV.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

LvK posted:

Remember, if you pick up the CZ57 Avenger, your signature benefits will carry over! :)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Strudel Man posted:

Remember, if you pick up the CZ57 Avenger, your signature benefits will carry over! :)

WHAT.

YES. AWESOME. Thanks!

Also, how exactly does the Bottomless benefit work? I've never really noticed it doing anything.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Since RFCW seems to be legally kosher I guess a mod which imported the FO3 weapons into FONV and added them to levelled lists etc. would be (provided you're tearing the assets out of FO3 files and not distributing them), and that would be pretty rad. I love new guns but even the best fan made ones always feel off somehow, maybe I am alone in this.

Also you'd have to change the stats on them because damage/DT/DR are different in NV than FO3. Also add .32 ammo/recipes.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seashell Salesman posted:

Since RFCW seems to be legally kosher I guess a mod which imported the FO3 weapons into FONV and added them to levelled lists etc. would be (provided you're tearing the assets out of FO3 files and not distributing them), and that would be pretty rad. I love new guns but even the best fan made ones always feel off somehow, maybe I am alone in this.

Also you'd have to change the stats on them because damage/DT/DR are different in NV than FO3. Also add .32 ammo/recipes.

I think they're still working out the kinks in getting things to spawn properly in the capital wasteland before they start adding FO3 weapons to the lists in FNV, but yeah it would be nice if it ended up being a true blend of both games.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think they're still working out the kinks in getting things to spawn properly in the capital wasteland before they start adding FO3 weapons to the lists in FNV, but yeah it would be nice if it ended up being a true blend of both games.

Well that would be cool too, but what I'm suggesting is a separate thing to RFCW. Just a mod which adds FO3 guns (and .32 ammo) to FNV, by way of the FO3 assets. There is a FO3 weapon restoration mod but it doesn't currently use the real FO3 assets (except for if you use an optional mod to restore the Railway rifle and Chinese assault rifle sounds).

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

LvK posted:

WHAT.

YES. AWESOME. Thanks!

Also, how exactly does the Bottomless benefit work? I've never really noticed it doing anything.
When you take it, you get an invisible inventory token that, every frame, checks how much ammo you have of each type that your signature weapon supports. If it's less than it was in the previous frame and you're currently in combat, it adds a fraction of the difference to a float variable; if that variable exceeds 1, it gives you back one bullet (cell, fuel canister, whatever) of the appropriate type and subtracts 1 from the variable. If there's a decrease and you're not in combat, it doesn't add anything; this is mostly so selling off your ammo won't result in immediately getting a quarter (or whatever) of it back.

The way that this should manifest in-game is that your non-clip ammo remaining should occasionally increase as you fire. If it's not doing that, then it's potentially a bug...though I thought I tested the bottomless ability pretty thoroughly before releasing that version.

'Bottomless' may be a little bit of a misnomer - you have to reload just as often, but your net ammo consumption decreases.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Seashell Salesman posted:

Well that would be cool too, but what I'm suggesting is a separate thing to RFCW. Just a mod which adds FO3 guns (and .32 ammo) to FNV, by way of the FO3 assets. There is a FO3 weapon restoration mod but it doesn't currently use the real FO3 assets (except for if you use an optional mod to restore the Railway rifle and Chinese assault rifle sounds).

Wouldn't it make more sense to scrap .32 entirely (it being terribly implemented in FO3 anyway) and drum up new stats for the .32 pistol as a .357 DA snub nose? Besides that and the Railway Rifle, all the guns use ammo types in New Vegas, so it's just a matter of balancing the weapons, armors and NPCs around the new rules (with existing NV entities used as templates) and replacing FO3 items with their New Vegas counterparts when applicable. Trying to include .32 just sounds like more work than it's worth, especially since it's not even an iconic caliber.

You'd have to do some more work to make sure weapons are differentiated without being strict upgrades (e.g. Chinese pistol vs. 10mm pistol, assault rifle vs. Chinese assault rifle (Maybe recast the assault rifle as a 7.62mm battle rifle? But that would run up against the BAR from Dead Money.)) and also to account for the general rebalancing (e.g. miniguns are now comparable to Gatling lasers).

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Strudel Man posted:

When you take it, you get an invisible inventory token that, every frame, checks how much ammo you have of each type that your signature weapon supports. If it's less than it was in the previous frame and you're currently in combat, it adds a fraction of the difference to a float variable; if that variable exceeds 1, it gives you back one bullet (cell, fuel canister, whatever) of the appropriate type and subtracts 1 from the variable. If there's a decrease and you're not in combat, it doesn't add anything; this is mostly so selling off your ammo won't result in immediately getting a quarter (or whatever) of it back.

The way that this should manifest in-game is that your non-clip ammo remaining should occasionally increase as you fire. If it's not doing that, then it's potentially a bug...though I thought I tested the bottomless ability pretty thoroughly before releasing that version.

'Bottomless' may be a little bit of a misnomer - you have to reload just as often, but your net ammo consumption decreases.

Ohh, okay, that makes a lot more sense.

Also I just powered through to get an Avenger and it does not seem to carry over the perks :(

EDIT: It's good to know that even with borderline cheating it's possible to be challenged by certain areas, though.

LvK fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 7, 2011

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

LvK posted:

Ohh, okay, that makes a lot more sense.

Also I just powered through to get an Avenger and it does not seem to carry over the perks :(
That's...odd.

Wow. It looks like I stuck in every ordinary/unique pair except the minigun. That was dumb of me. Updated version should be up on the nexus shortly; I'll make sure you don't have to abandon and re-adopt it or anything.

edit: Okay, updated version is up. Sorry about that! Boy is my face red.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 7, 2011

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So this looks kind of bad-rear end.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43732

Disappointing in the lack of iron boners however.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Mr. Crow posted:

So this looks kind of bad-rear end.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43732

Disappointing in the lack of iron boners however.
That is...actually rather impressive.

Also, I think this:

quote:

What is Love? -
You gain +15% To Hit and +5 Crit Chance, when targeting an enemy's legs from long range.
Is a reference to HK-47.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Super service on the mod update, strudel. I'll have to check it out when I get time tomorrow.

Also your title is making me think you should do a legion run-through with that robot mod.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Male Man posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense to scrap .32 entirely (it being terribly implemented in FO3 anyway) and drum up new stats for the .32 pistol as a .357 DA snub nose? Besides that and the Railway Rifle, all the guns use ammo types in New Vegas, so it's just a matter of balancing the weapons, armors and NPCs around the new rules (with existing NV entities used as templates) and replacing FO3 items with their New Vegas counterparts when applicable. Trying to include .32 just sounds like more work than it's worth, especially since it's not even an iconic caliber.

You'd have to do some more work to make sure weapons are differentiated without being strict upgrades (e.g. Chinese pistol vs. 10mm pistol, assault rifle vs. Chinese assault rifle (Maybe recast the assault rifle as a 7.62mm battle rifle? But that would run up against the BAR from Dead Money.)) and also to account for the general rebalancing (e.g. miniguns are now comparable to Gatling lasers).

I don't see any problem with having the Chinese assault rifle, assault rifle, and service rifle all firing 5.56mm and the lore says all three should (Chinese assault rifle is chambered in 5.56mm so that it can use plentiful 5.56mm NATO lying around because the assault rifle uses it). I do agree on the Chinese pistol, it should be switched to 9mm and maybe be higher accuracy/lower spread than the existing 9mm pistol.

I like the idea of using the stats of the .357 weapons for the .32 pistol and .32 hunting rifle, but adding a third .357 revolver and what would basically be a bolt action version of the cowboy repeater seems kind of lame. You could do the same thing but keep .32 a separate caliber and just give the .32 pistol and .32 hunting rifle identical stats to the police revolver and cowboy repeater, respectively.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

So it's just weapons that do a lot of damage?
Yup, pretty much. The only reason the author put them in is to compensate for the insane amount of bullet sponge enemies roving the dungeons. Coincidentally, this method is a lot easier than just, say, properly balancing enemy stats.

No idea what the "M" is supposed to mean, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR_Bob84
Apr 13, 2009

Horns posted:

Yup, pretty much. The only reason the author put them in is to compensate for the insane amount of bullet sponge enemies roving the dungeons. Coincidentally, this method is a lot easier than just, say, properly balancing enemy stats.

No idea what the "M" is supposed to mean, though.

It stands for modded or modified weapon. I agree with you and have given up on this mod. The added locations are cool and nicely done (love some more exploring) but the high number of hp heavy enemy's and screwing with the main game (300+ npc's) ruins a good idea. I just want some more locations to explore and nothing more.