Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Speaking of Sandra Bernhard, I wish Paul Mooney would do WTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

substitute posted:

Speaking of Sandra Bernhard, I wish Paul Mooney would do WTF.

I know sometimes Marc comments on guest requests he gets on twitter: has he ever mentioned reaching out to Paul? I totally agree with you.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

SKULE123 posted:

I know sometimes Marc comments on guest requests he gets on twitter: has he ever mentioned reaching out to Paul? I totally agree with you.

I'd assume Marc has definitely tried by now, especially since he went through that phase of feeling bad for not knowing enough black comics/people. I hope it's in the works.

ClaytonClaw
Dec 9, 2004

I wish Alonzo Hamburger Jones would do wtf

bartok
May 10, 2006

I feel Paul Mooney would be better suited for Joe Rogan's Podcast. Especially after listening to Eddie Ifft's story about him on the recent Jim and Eddie Talk poo poo.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
The latest CBB gets a mustard from me, simply for omission of 'mustard or pants' from Jukebox Jury. How am I supposed to know what they felt about the terrible, terrible songs without the ratings?

As a side note, I just finished the Pepitone episode and I'd like to retract my earlier criticism. The gross noises were super annoying at the beginning, but thankfully hardly came up later on. Overall, I give the episode a nice Botje's mustard.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The new Those drat Ross Kids is up, and I'm happy to say that the recent equipment acquisition really improved things. Check it, kindly.

http://duckfeed.tv/tdrk/42/

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
Has anybody been listening to The Todd Glass Show? There's only a few episodes up so far but it's pretty damned funny (and fairly inside-baseball with respect to standup, which I like).

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

This weeks earwolf challenge so far has been pretty brutal, I can't wait to hear what the contestants have to say during the judgement.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

SKULE123 posted:

I'd be interested in a UYD interview but I have a feeling neither party knows enough about the other.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

ElCondemn posted:

This weeks earwolf challenge so far has been pretty brutal, I can't wait to hear what the contestants have to say during the judgement.

Yeah, I'm guessing Left Handed Radio is out this week, which bums me out a little.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

substitute posted:

I'd assume Marc has definitely tried by now, especially since he went through that phase of feeling bad for not knowing enough black comics/people. I hope it's in the works.

I don think he was sincere and I doubt he's ever really made much of an effort. Since his brief moment of white guilt he's had on....Wyatt Synac?

EDIT: oh and Keith Robinson

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 6, 2011

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
I dunno when Marc admitted that, but he also had Patrice O'Neal and that was like my favorite episode. Yes Patrice, all people are like sharks and penguins. bwahahahaha

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
I'm pretty sure it was the Craig Robinson episode at the beginning of the year.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Creflo Chronicle posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing Left Handed Radio is out this week, which bums me out a little.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Left Handed too, but in reality they all did pretty bad. I actually didn't dislike Totally Lame for the first time this week though.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.

Mogambo posted:

The latest CBB gets a mustard from me, simply for omission of 'mustard or pants' from Jukebox Jury. How am I supposed to know what they felt about the terrible, terrible songs without the ratings?

It was just bros chillin with bros, havin broversations. One of the best What Am I Thinking ever.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

ElCondemn posted:

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Left Handed too, but in reality they all did pretty bad. I actually didn't dislike Totally Lame for the first time this week though.

I thought the Little Dum Dum Club was funny, but they're funny by default.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Nadine Hauklund posted:

It was just bros chillin with bros, havin broversations. One of the best What Am I Thinking ever.

"simultaneous vernacular bukkake" almost made me choke on my lunch

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Teepkick Shakur posted:

I'm pretty sure it was the Craig Robinson episode at the beginning of the year.

Yep. Craig even no-showed him once or twice on live events, too.

I would fault the paucity of known black comics more than anything with Marc's guest list. I'm sure he'd kill to have Eddie Murphy, Katt Williams, Paul Mooney, or Dave Chapelle on his show. Or Richar Pryor, but, you know...

All that said, the Patrice O'Neal episode was great. He's such an infuriating guy, but so goddamn funny.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I guess when Joe Rogan gets his studio up and running he's hiring a booking agent for guests.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

-Atom- posted:

I guess when Joe Rogan gets his studio up and running he's hiring a booking agent for guests.

Hopefully he hires a producer too so he can get the gently caress rid of Redban. I know it won't happen, but one could hope.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Oh man I just noticed that a new Who Charted is up, and that Lee is the guest. That is awesome.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The_Rob posted:

Oh man I just noticed that a new Who Charted is up, and that Lee is the guest. That is awesome.

I sat laughing for nearly the entire hour listening to it. Really the best episode they've done this far.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

-Atom- posted:

It's probably help a lot for getting different more well known guests, like ones he doesn't know or can't just tweet asking if they want to come on his podcast in the middle of the week.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

CommunistMojo posted:

I sat laughing for nearly the entire hour listening to it. Really the best episode they've done this far.

So does Lee not actually exist or something? If not, I wonder who the character is based on.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Is that Kulap? I want to see Mrs. Saucermans titties.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Is that Kulap? I want to see Mrs. Saucermans titties.

According to the Scott on the latest CBB, you and everyone else using google.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Davedave24 posted:

According to the Scott on the latest CBB, you and everyone else using google.

I havent listened to that one yet and I will right after this post, but, I'm not surprised. I'm guessing that with her looks and the circles he runs in, its probably something he had to get used to real quick. Also Id be afraid, very afraid, of the dude on the right in that picture. I'm not even sure he's attempting at all to look creepy and even I'm scared of what he might be capable of.

While we (I) are on the subject of the significant others of entertainers. I'm listening to the newest Monday Morning and I cant get enough of how quickly and viciously Nia is able to shut down Bill even when he may not deserve it. He's best friends with the best ball breakers in the world and they've got nothing on her. I'd love to get those two together for a Rifftrax sort of thing or maybe as guest on How Did This Get Made.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Teepkick Shakur posted:

I havent listened to that one yet and I will right after this post, but, I'm not surprised. I'm guessing that with her looks and the circles he runs in, its probably something he had to get used to real quick. Also Id be afraid, very afraid, of the dude on the right in that picture. I'm not even sure he's attempting at all to look creepy and even I'm scared of what he might be capable of.

Dude in the black shirt is supposed to be the male host's brother Lee but yeah I'm pretty sure it's just him (the host) trying to look extra creepy and doing his usual impersonation considering they never talked over each other the entire episode.

The episode was basically a kind of Who Charted Comedy Bang Bang mash up.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Holy poo poo I finally got around to listening to MBMBaM and it's the greatest thing. I listened to #70 and #67 and could not loving stop laughing at like 4am. It was great.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

DangerDummy! posted:

Yep. Craig even no-showed him once or twice on live events, too.

I would fault the paucity of known black comics more than anything with Marc's guest list. I'm sure he'd kill to have Eddie Murphy, Katt Williams, Paul Mooney, or Dave Chapelle on his show. Or Richar Pryor, but, you know...

All that said, the Patrice O'Neal episode was great. He's such an infuriating guy, but so goddamn funny.

No I think it has to do with exactly what Marc says it has to do with. He cant relate. It's a simple and honest reason. But still I'd like to see more.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Teepkick Shakur posted:

No I think it has to do with exactly what Marc says it has to do with. He cant relate. It's a simple and honest reason. But still I'd like to see more.

It'd be great to hear Marc try to talk to someone like Katt Williams about having to wear a bullet-proof vest and travel with security because he's afraid someone in his audience might try to jack his poo poo. I'm not loving around about that, I've heard Katt talk about it in interviews.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DangerDummy! posted:

It'd be great to hear Marc try to talk to someone like Katt Williams about having to wear a bullet-proof vest and travel with security because he's afraid someone in his audience might try to jack his poo poo. I'm not loving around about that, I've heard Katt talk about it in interviews.

I heard him talk about that on Stern.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

Creflo Chronicle posted:

So does Lee not actually exist or something? If not, I wonder who the character is based on.

Lee is Howard's brother - he does a hilarious impersonation of him occasionally. I haven't listened to the ep yet (can't wait) but his brother Lee is a real person.

Also to the person that wanted to see Kulap, you can see her crazy asian twins here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq6syaL4sP0

Hufflepuff or bust! fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 8, 2011

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Lee might be real but the Lee in this week's episode was not that Lee.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah, I was just wondering because Howard just does his impression the whole episode. I didn't really think Lee was made up, I wonder if Lee was really supposed to be there and chickened out at the last minute?
Although if Howard had made up such a well developed character, that would be a pretty amazing feat.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Dear Doug - I usually find you hilarious, but when you have Paul F. Tompkins on DLM, you, Kurt Metzger, and Sean Jordan should be quiet. Because he's funnier than you, and considerably more coherent. Eugene Mirman can still talk, but not as much as PFT.

Also, if you're going to bitch about guests taking up too much time with genuinely funny riffs, don't spend so much time talking about racist signs in your audience. Thanks.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Majorian posted:

Dear Doug - I usually find you hilarious, but when you have Paul F. Tompkins on DLM, you, Kurt Metzger, and Sean Jordan should be quiet. Because he's funnier than you, and considerably more coherent. Eugene Mirman can still talk, but not as much as PFT.

Also, if you're going to bitch about guests taking up too much time with genuinely funny riffs, don't spend so much time talking about racist signs in your audience. Thanks.

Man, I found all three of the Bumbershoot DLMs to be hilarious and most of the time the guests worked extremely well together(meaning some slid back and the cream rose to the top). You're right that Eugene Mirman and--obviously--PFT ruled that one, almost matched by Kyle Kinane and Anthony Jeselnik in the one before.

Also, I've just gotten into Who Charted? and it's loving fantastic. The Lee episode is great. Howard Kremer's commitment is amazing.

"It sounds like a drunk punched a horse in the ribs."

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Cromulent posted:

Hopefully he hires a producer too so he can get the gently caress rid of Redban. I know it won't happen, but one could hope.

Redban was pretty loving disgusting in the recent episode where he was complaining about the movie "I Love You Phillip Morris". I've heard bona fide southern white-trash rednecks be more subtle about their raging homophobia than he sounded. He's a goddamn man-child with the brain of an 11 year-old idiot. Again, he somehow managed to win the lottery and fall rear end-backwards into his gig with Rogan and seemingly has never had to have any personal responsibility or exist on his own two feet ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So what happened to Engineer Doug? Last I heard he was on vacation? Is he still on that, or did he get replaced or leave or something?

• Locked thread