Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Suqit posted:

Why would Altidore be out of shape?

I mean't form, but hes actually playing decently I guess. Hes has such an on and off club career since leaving MLS that its hard to remember when he is actually getting a run of games, but you are right in that he has picked up a quite a few early goals in the Eredivsie. He just looked a bit out of sync given that the rest of his support was pretty young and hes never good alone.

I'm still hopeful that we have the time to let some young players develop because a whole lot of our stars are not going to be around in Brazil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

cheese posted:

Jesus look who we were using in the attack. Kids and an out of shape Altidore. Give it some time.

I realize. I am just a bit sad that even though we are starting to control games, we cannot score at all. I am worried that if the string of bad results continues for the next year or so (while we wait for a forward somewhere to come good), Klinsmann might go and then we'll be back to lovely poo poo poo poo soccer.

edit: Don't know if you took that as me panicking or being pissed off about it. Not really my motivation.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

80085 posted:

my tv real big, my monitor real small. me too dumb to figure out how to get on big tv.

An Xbox 360 is my solution. But if you've got a big flat panel it likely has VGA input and you just have to connect your monitor cable to that. Unless you have a netbook or something, which should have VGA out as well and then you just need a VGA cable.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

WayAbvPar posted:

I am so loving sick of that. Not that it will do any good, but I would email them and CC: any of their major sponsors to let them know you won't patronize any of them until they knock this poo poo off. Fight the power! :black101:
The one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Game

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Suqit posted:

Was it a colonoscopy?

No, but it was a gyno checkup, so let's say your guess was just a little wide of the post. :v:

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)
Buddle would have totally owned that match.

Just saying.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Hoover Dam posted:

No, but it was a gyno checkup, so let's say your guess was just a little wide of the post. :v:

something something caught offside

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Suqit posted:

Why would Altidore be out of shape?

He's always out of shape. They had to take him off at the half because he was gassed.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

80085 posted:

my tv real big, my monitor real small. me too dumb to figure out how to get on big tv.

Video card have a 2nd hdmi? If not get one that has 2, one for your monitor, one to run a longer cable to your tv.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I also missed it because of ESPN programming decisions, and I'm most pissed about the fact that even after the race ended, it went to Sportscenter instead of the rest of the game. Sounds like I didn't miss much, but ESPN can still gently caress off.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Popero posted:

I also missed it because of ESPN programming decisions, and I'm most pissed about the fact that even after the race ended, it went to Sportscenter instead of the rest of the game. Sounds like I didn't miss much, but ESPN can still gently caress off.

Do you not get ESPN2 or 3? I thought everyone did with ESPN.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 7, 2011

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

joshtothemaxx posted:

Do you not get ESPN2 or 3? I thought everyone did with ESPN.

We recorded it and found out after the fact that it got moved. Popped open my recording and got people turning left for 2 hours. If I had been home no, it wouldn't have been a problem.

As far as ESPN3 goes, not everyone likes watching games on their computer. I did anyways since it's all I had, but would've rather had it on my dvr.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I sympathize. Had I tried to DVR it the same thing would have happened to me. Fortunately I was able to make it home and fiddled around between the channels for a while before realizing where the game was, 12 minutes in.

Both FSC and ESPN have a habit of advertising games at a certain time, and sometimes this will include a 30 minute pre-show and other times it doesn't. So now I just always assume it does.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Its worth mentioning since I just found out about it recently, but the ESPN app on the XBOX 360 is pretty awesome. I get to watch the game on the big screen without trying to hook up the laptop, and I can rewind and ff. Your internet provider needs to support ESPN 3 in order to use it, but its really well done.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Its worth mentioning since I just found out about it recently, but the ESPN app on the XBOX 360 is pretty awesome. I get to watch the game on the big screen without trying to hook up the laptop, and I can rewind and ff. Your internet provider needs to support ESPN 3 in order to use it, but its really well done.

I second this endorsement. Beautiful HD picture without paying for full cable, and no worries about the preceding event running overtime. The only trouble is you will be a few seconds behind the main cable feed, so if you like to watch along with IRC, twitter, etc, you'll be spoiled.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Hoover Dam posted:

I second this endorsement. Beautiful HD picture without paying for full cable, and no worries about the preceding event running overtime. The only trouble is you will be a few seconds behind the main cable feed, so if you like to watch along with IRC, twitter, etc, you'll be spoiled.

Unless you have Time Warner and licensing won't allow you to view live events on your 360. Time Warner sure is awesome. Also ESPN3 was completely down for Time Warner customers during the match yesterday. Also awesome.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.

That's how I watched, too, and it's amazing. Split-screen with the ability to switch audio feeds! It's basically the TV of the Future I've always dreamed of. Plus it seems like there's a lot more content available now, both in terms of mainstream stuff and obscure odds and ends.

I wish MLS could piggyback onto it to make MDL even better.

Anukis fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 7, 2011

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Suqit posted:

We are playing a 4 5 1 that plays like a 4 5 1.

Throw Donovan in and keep Holden healthy and pray one of our strikers comes good and we will be as good as we can be.

Yes, this. Or at least have Adu on the bench for now.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 7, 2011

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Do I need a Gold Membership?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Do I need a Gold Membership?

Yes. I think the 360 and Netflix apps are more than worth it though.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

whatup Hoover Dam in my Twitter feed thanks to Chuck D

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
So the US has yet to win under Klinsmann?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Brandy Alexander posted:

Correct, and you don't have Bradley at Santos. So I guess you got a good day today.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Brandy Alexander posted:

But they're unbeaten vs Mexico! Wooooo Klinsmann

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
I must've missed it some time ago, but why is Natasha Kai no longer playing for the national team? Did we have another Hope Solo explosion?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Tigren posted:

I must've missed it some time ago, but why is Natasha Kai no longer playing for the national team? Did we have another Hope Solo explosion?

Didn't she have some concussion problems?

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
heh, Natasha Kai... I've been wondering who that girl in the puma commercials was. Now I know, thanks.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

80085 posted:

Didn't she have some concussion problems?

No, you're thinking Chalupny. Kai seems to have had a falling out with Pia. Which is a shame, because I've always liked her, even more so now that her twitter feed is all about all the fucks she don't give.

Hey, speaking of twitter, I think we need to see what DaMarcus Beasley's up to lately.

@DaMarcusBeasley posted:

I'm up watchin ALF

Good to know.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Well, I know for a fact Kai had a concussion recently. Twellman tweeted about it.

Ninja edit: Found it. http://twitter.com/#!/TaylorTwellman/status/107565140400029696

"am I missing something with Kai playing WITH a #concussion in #wps final???? makes me want to throw up, playing with FIRE people."

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

80085 posted:

Well, I know for a fact Kai had a concussion recently. Twellman tweeted about it.

Oh, yeah, but that's not what took her out of the national team picture; Lori Chalupny's the one who's out specifically because USSF wouldn't clear her to play after WPS did.

ReleasetheKracker!
Oct 8, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Natasha Kai owns. Think I would be the first dude to get a Natasha Kai jersey?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.
Tony Sanneh firing up the Twitter rumor mill? Don't mind if I do!

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/09/sanneh-chandler-may-play-for-germany.html

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If Timmy Chandler plays for Germany I will start loving World War III.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Don't you generally have to be good enough to play for a country for this to matter?

Breaking news: Marquis de Pyro will play for Brazil if given the opportunity

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

CubanMissile posted:

If Timmy Chandler plays for Germany I will start loving World War III.

I wouldn't really want him here if he only stayed because Germany wouldn't have him.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Octoduck posted:

I wouldn't really want him here if he only stayed because Germany wouldn't have him.

I don't think that we have this luxury. I would gladly take Brazil's leftovers if they wanted to play for the US.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!

Hoover Dam posted:

Correct, and you don't have Bradley at Santos. So I guess you got a good day today.

I kind of wanted bradley but whatevs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Speaking of one Bob Bradley, he got the Egypt job

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6971540/former-united-states-coach-bob-bradley-hired-egyptian-national-team

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Cthulhumatic posted:

Tony Sanneh firing up the Twitter rumor mill? Don't mind if I do!

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/09/sanneh-chandler-may-play-for-germany.html

I think it didn't get posted yesterday because it was squashed pretty quickly. I don't understand why people are seriously worried. Is this still about Rossi/Subotic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
Not totally on topic, but Gio looked pretty lackluster with Tottenham. Not sure why, but I want to see him do well and he has looked good against us. Then again, we are often poo poo.

• Locked thread