Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm really curious to see how Marie plays. Double, too.

Mostly because I don't want to be Peacock player number 5001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

Pretty sure those are [mini-]bosses. Join the Cerebella and Umbrella army. If you ain't got two L's and an A at the end of your name then you ain't poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mini-bosses can still be playable!

Also I will only play Umbrella if she at least three of Amingo's moves. Don't ask me why she reminds me of Amingo, I don't know either.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm just praying she doesn't turn out to be "tiny little girl who is actually a slow, strong bruiser for no reason."

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Popehoist posted:

This is a great MB match, showcasing F-PCiel, who is currently Yun-levels of broken but getting the nerfbat soon, VS C-Roa, who was total trash in previous versions of the game and is still something of an unknown.

As far as I've seen, it's not F-PCiel that's hilariously broken, it's C-PCiel. That loving electro bolt normal gives ridiculously stupid oki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVIDizr63VI

I'll probably end up using C-PCiel, because holy drat does she look fun. She just needs a bit of nerfing, because that poo poo is sick.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Broken Loose posted:

It's Cerebella and "And I must scream" should be Double.

It's also Squigly with 1 g and Bloody Marie(unless they dropped the Bloody recently).

edit: The bottom 3 are bosses and won't be playable(for now)

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Endorph posted:

Marie has a skeleton vacuum cleaner. She better be playable eventually.

The character designs in this game go from incredibly original straight to boring as gently caress with seemingly nothing in between.

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

YFDHippo posted:

That sounds pretty odd. You're going to have to open it and check the stick and the switches.

- See if the the spring is set correctly. If it has double spring mod perhaps take out one and see if that helps.
- Open up the micro switch box and see if it has the sticky mod. Otherwise, just check out the switches to make sure they are not sticking.

Here are the mods that could have been made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytcbzZmXaI&feature=related

Easy fix- buy a new stick for your box. They'll set you back around 3 :10bux:.

Thanks for the info, I wondered if it would be a stuck thingamajig or some dirt somewhere, and worst case it looks like joysticks are pretty painless to replace. Could it also be just messed up from someone previously jamming on the stick too hard so it loses contact or something at full right?

Pyruvate fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 7, 2011

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Pyruvate posted:

Thanks for the info, I wondered if it would be a stuck thingamajig or some dirt somewhere, and worst case it looks like joysticks are pretty painless to replace. Could it also be just messed up from someone previously jamming on the stick too hard so it loses contact or something at full right?

Well if you bought the stick second hand, yeah, someone could have broken it. If it's brand new make madcatz replace it. (I didn't see if you said where you got it)

Otherwise the sticks are cheap to replace and involve one quick disconnect plug and some screws.

Could be the switch on that side of the stick is bent too. Open er' up.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

S-Alpha posted:

As far as I've seen, it's not F-PCiel that's hilariously broken, it's C-PCiel. That loving electro bolt normal gives ridiculously stupid oki.

I'll probably end up using C-PCiel, because holy drat does she look fun. She just needs a bit of nerfing, because that poo poo is sick.

I don't know jack about CC but I'm having a little difficulty seeing why they put a character into this game with both a beam that leads to safe meterless pressure and an EX DP that's safe on whiff and leaves you out of the corner

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Mio Bison posted:

I don't know jack about CC but I'm having a little difficulty seeing why they put a character into this game with both a beam that leads to safe meterless pressure and an EX DP that's safe on whiff and leaves you out of the corner

The DP isn't that bad because it has no invincibility at all on startup, but what's particularly infuriating about the bolt is that it persists even if pciel gets hit. Presumably they're going to fix something in the next patch.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Mio Bison posted:

Havn't played 1.05 but in the PS2 release Kohaku's unblockable bomb reset was the dumbest thing. If you didn't have a reversal(and guessed right) or burst ready you died. What I'm saying is melty has tons of broke stuff. 1 frame full screen reversal super that combos on hit. EX DPs that are plus on block and really hard to punish on whiff. At least P-ciels reversal looks parryable Red arc's was/is a blockable command throw reversal that was +3 on block and dashed across 2/3 the screen and you couldn't parry it. Did I mention you could combo off of it?

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 7, 2011

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
LevelUpYourGame is now doing their own version of Excellent Adventures with Tekken 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZrIBqS9yfQ

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any experience with the Etokki Omni Arcade Sticks? I played on someone's for like 2 games the other day and it felt FANTASTIC. Plus <$200 is a decent deal for a dual-console stick. Anyone have any experiences with regards to their reliability and mod-ability?

http://etokki.com/Playstation3/Omni-Sanwa-Edition

E: also the drat thing must have weighed half a ton. It's like there were bricks stashed in there.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 7, 2011

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

KingShiro posted:

LevelUpYourGame is now doing their own version of Excellent Adventures with Tekken 6

A nice idea but they will have to cut it a lot more then adventures. Last time I played Tekken 6 about 1 in 5 games was playable.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

KingShiro posted:

Skipped ahead in the video

*bad audio quality*
WEOOOO!!!
Can I say penis on this?

*close*

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
This reminds me: I got to try out the new SxT TE Pro the other night, and it sucked. The red plastic makes it look like a toy, and the housing is mostly hollow plastic (as opposed to the regular TE's thicker plastic with a steel top) so it feels like a toy. It's too light, feels cheaper and brittle, and I have no idea why Madcatz would make something like that after the genius of the TE.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gutcruncher posted:

Skipped ahead in the video

*bad audio quality*
WEOOOO!!!
Can I say penis on this?

*close*

The video was actually pretty good though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jmcrofts posted:

Ok Ill give it another try. For you.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gutcruncher posted:

Ok Ill give it another try. For you.

Aw :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

And also pretty accurate to my experience with Tekken 6's netcode, which can best be described as "The kind of netcode in which every one of DSP's whines is correct."

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

And also pretty accurate to my experience with Tekken 6's netcode, which can best be described as "The kind of netcode in which every one of DSP's whines is correct."

So many lows go unblocked in t6 online :(

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

Anyone have any experience with the Etokki Omni Arcade Sticks? I played on someone's for like 2 games the other day and it felt FANTASTIC. Plus <$200 is a decent deal for a dual-console stick. Anyone have any experiences with regards to their reliability and mod-ability?

http://etokki.com/Playstation3/Omni-Sanwa-Edition

E: also the drat thing must have weighed half a ton. It's like there were bricks stashed in there.

7.2lbs according to the website, majority of the box is probably steel.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTg4KIxdpic&feature=digest_refresh_wed

loving broke rear end characters in this game!

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Broken Loose posted:

This reminds me: I got to try out the new SxT TE Pro the other night, and it sucked. The red plastic makes it look like a toy, and the housing is mostly hollow plastic (as opposed to the regular TE's thicker plastic with a steel top) so it feels like a toy. It's too light, feels cheaper and brittle, and I have no idea why Madcatz would make something like that after the genius of the TE.

The SFxT Fightstick PRO is not a "TE" and it will not replace the TE series at all. If you prefer MadCatz TE sticks then you don't have anything to worry about.

They will keep making TE sticks and that includes revisions, new colors, etc. :)

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Oh my god I can't breathe http://forums.sirlin.net/showthread.php?t=5692

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
|A's strategy \ B's strategy ->-i'|-i-i Meta Knight Strategy-i-i-i-i-i|-i-i-i-i Non Meta Knight Strategy-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i ''''|
|_________________________'''|____________________ ______'''|________________________________________ ___________''|
|Meta Knight Strategy-i-i-i-i-i-i '|-i-i[-i0-i,-i0-i ]-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i '|-i-i-i [30 , -5]-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i '-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i''''|
|.._________________________|.. ________________________'''|______________________ ____________________________'''''|
|Non Meta Knight Strategy-i-i-i '|-i-i[-i-5-i,-i30-i]-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i'''|-i-i-i-i [15, 15]-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i '''|
|.._________________________|.. _________________________|________________________ __________________________'''''|

The top left cell averages 0 fun per player, the second and third average 12.5 fun per player, the fourth averages 15 fun per player.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meta Knight is a perfect representation of smash players, being round and incapable of proper speech.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Winning is the most important thing for me to have fun, so the increased probability of winning from the character select screen will be assigned 20 fun points.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
What game is meta knight from anyways

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

^^^^ He's a character in several Kirby games. Most notably in the minigame Revenge of Metaknight (which was awesome) in the SNES Kirby Super Star or All Stars or whatever it was called.

Gamest Mook posted:

The top left cell averages 0 fun per player, the second and third average 12.5 fun per player, the fourth averages 15 fun per player.

In the year 2011, scientistsSmash players have finally managed to quantify fun. I must know what the average fun and standard fun deviation are for a Ryu vs. Bison match in every iteration of SF containing both characters.

That being said, as I understand Metaknight is fun neither to play nor to watch in a competitive setting, but Smash isn't competitive to begin with, so :toot:.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh

absolutely anything posted:

Winning is the most important thing for me to have fun, so the increased probability of winning from the character select screen will be assigned 20 fun points.

ahaahhahahaahhajhaajdg oh my loving god

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

40 OZ posted:

What game is meta knight from anyways

The Kirby series, I think.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

A player can improve the amount of fun he scores by switching to Meta Knight in any of the cells where he isn't playing Meta Knight already, so if everyone is playing to win and everyone is rational about getting there, they'll always pick Meta knight, even though they would actually all have more total fun if they did not pick Meta Knight.

every sentence containing the word fun is gold

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Metaknight is the prisoner's funhaver's dilemma.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Someone please measure the fun achieved by doing Dan's super taunt tia

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Banning the the Meta Knight strategy here increases the total amount of fun experienced in every match from zero per player to fifteen per player.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

For fun, and demonstration, here's a group of "stoners" playing the game. They absolutely do not care about winning at all.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Endorph posted:

Dan's super taunt is actually measured in mega-funs. One super taunt is worth almost 50,000 selecting metaknights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Dan's Taunt against a Scrub = Hilarious
Dan's Legendary Taunt against a Scrub = Awesome
Dan's Taunt against a Good Player = That player is a bro.
Dan's Legendary Taunt against a Good Player = That player is a super bro.
Dan's Taunt and Legendary Taunt against Daigo Umehara = "Rare footage of Daigo actually laughing."

• Locked thread